|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does O'Brien describe the look in the girls' eyes who were selling Cokes?
(a) Barely concealed anger
(b) Ongoing resentment
(c) Open antagonism
(d) Pure infuriation
2. Who gives the soldiers of Alpha Company back rubs?
(a) Other soldiers
(b) Little boys
(c) No one
3. What does O'Brien develop an interest in during high school?
(b) War methods and techniques
(d) Service to his country
4. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
5. What is the most frightening mission for the soldiers?
(a) Walking through the forest
(b) Coming face-to-face with an insurgent
(c) Searching empty villages
(d) Clearing underground tunnels
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for bellicose?
2. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
3. Which word best describes the length of the meeting O'Brien has with the battalion commander?
4. What game do O'Brien and Captain Johansen play?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes O'Brien's childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least three activities O'Brien did during his last summer at home before the war.
2. How does O'Brien obtain his passport and shot records?
3. To whom does O'Brien write as he continues his plan to desert to Sweden?
4. What does O'Brien do on his long nocturnal walks?
5. Describe the backdrop for O'Brien's upbringing.
6. What are the first few days like for O'Brien?
7. What does O'Brien rebel against during basic training?
8. How do the soldiers react to these self-induced injuries caused by soldiers tossing about their own grenades?
9. What is available at the combat center for entertainment?
10. What philosophical conversation does O'Brien attempt to hold with the captain?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)