|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what branch of the military does O'Brien serve?
(b) Air Force
2. Which of the following is not a synonym for spry?
3. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
(b) Missing a limb
4. What is O'Brien's job with Alpha Company?
(b) Simply foot soldier
(d) Operating the radio
5. Which of the following terms best describes how O'Brien feels during basic training?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men were in O'Brien's basic training unit?
2. What seems to happen to the jungle as the soldiers stare at it into the darkness?
3. Which term means to march with items such as a pack or some military supplies?
4. Which of the following describes the nickname for the time period in which O'Brien was born?
5. What does the term ingratiate mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alpha Company as O'Brien first meets them.
2. What do the soldiers often do on the long routine marches that sometimes alerts the enemy to their location?
3. After he starts his interest in politics, what does O'Brien begin to do?
4. Describe O'Brien's childhood and adolescence.
5. How many scenes does the author use in chapter ten?
6. Why does the Chaplain disappoint O'Brien?
7. Why do the Vietnamese people go everywhere the men of Alpha Company go?
8. What do the members of Alpha Company do that is ignoring the orders from their officers?
9. How do the soldiers react to these self-induced injuries caused by soldiers tossing about their own grenades?
10. Describe the backdrop for O'Brien's upbringing.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)