|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Brien develop an interest in during high school?
(a) War methods and techniques
(c) Service to his country
2. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
3. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about the war?
(a) It needs to end quickly
(b) It is wrong
(c) It is right
(d) It is too far away
4. What does the battalion commander believe is O'Brien's problem?
(a) Moral struggle
(b) Poor hygiene
(c) Inadequate training
(d) Afraid of dying
5. Who prepares O'Brien's induction papers?
(a) O'Brien himself
(b) The draft board
(c) His mother
(d) His father
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is O'Brien ill?
2. When does O'Brien execute his plan to desert infantry training?
3. How long did Erik sign up for at the end of basic training?
4. In which of the following states did O'Brien complete his basic training?
5. What is located in Chu Lai?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the soldiers do that provokes a few Viet Cong hiding in the jungle to open fire before disappearing into the jungle?
2. Describe the message O'Brien wishes to convey through chapter ten.
3. What do the soldiers learn how to do at the combat center?
4. Why does the smoke from Tri Binh 4 trouble O'Brien?
5. After he starts his interest in politics, what does O'Brien begin to do?
6. Describe Alpha Company as O'Brien first meets them.
7. Why do the Vietnamese people go everywhere the men of Alpha Company go?
8. Describe O'Brien's childhood and adolescence.
9. What do the soldiers often do on the long routine marches that sometimes alerts the enemy to their location?
10. What are the first few days like for O'Brien?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)