|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person with whom O'Brien meets to share his opposition to the war curses regularly?
(b) Drill sergeant
(c) Battalion commander
2. What does the man offer to the soldiers?
(a) A place to sleep
3. Which of the following is the best definition of the term shorn as used in the following sentence? Everyone is sober, shaven and shorn after raising their hands and reciting an oath.
(a) Closely guarded
(b) Short hair cut
(d) Deprived of something
4. Which of the following is a term used to describe a hand grenade?
5. What is the name of O'Brien's company?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is O'Brien due to report for basic training?
2. What does O'Brien struggle with throughout the summer?
3. How many attempts does O'Brien make to work through the military hierarchy for guidance and counsel?
4. Which of the following does O'Brien use to describe the way Alpha company came out of the jungle?
5. When does O'Brien execute his plan to desert infantry training?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does O'Brien rebel against during basic training?
2. What philosophical conversation does O'Brien attempt to hold with the captain?
3. Describe O'Brien's childhood and adolescence.
4. What causes fear and paranoia in the soldiers?
5. What do the soldiers learn how to do at the combat center?
6. When does O'Brien become a true soldier?
7. What do the soldiers do that provokes a few Viet Cong hiding in the jungle to open fire before disappearing into the jungle?
8. What is O'Brien's moral dilemma?
9. The Starlight scope is what kind of technology?
10. What is sometimes the cause of the explosive ordinance attacks?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)