|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of insanity as used by O'Brien to describe some of his fellow soldiers in chapter four?
(b) Mentally Ill
(c) Mentally compromised
2. What does humping mean in military lingo?
3. What is the name of O'Brien's company?
4. What is different about chapter ten than the others?
(a) It shows the most compassion
(b) It was not written by O'Brien
(c) It is only one scene
(d) It is the longest
5. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common winter activities?
(d) Ice skating
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does O'Brien's plane land in Vietnam?
2. What does the forest symbolize to O'Brien?
3. Which person with whom O'Brien meets to share his opposition to the war curses regularly?
4. What famous mountain was in the state and near where O'Brien completed his basic training?
5. What is the name of the lake which O'Brien likes to ride around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does O'Brien rebel against during basic training?
2. What are the soldiers constantly fighting to find?
3. Why does the Chaplain disappoint O'Brien?
4. When does O'Brien become a true soldier?
5. Why didn't O'Brien sign up for two years?
6. Describe Alpha Company as O'Brien first meets them.
7. What do the soldiers learn how to do at the combat center?
8. What does O'Brien do on his long nocturnal walks?
9. What is sometimes the cause of the explosive ordinance attacks?
10. What do the members of Alpha Company do that is ignoring the orders from their officers?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)