|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
(a) Missing a limb
2. Which of the following describes the nickname for the time period in which O'Brien was born?
(a) Cold war
(b) Baby boom
3. When is O'Brien due to report for basic training?
(a) End of the fall
(b) End of the summer
(c) Beginning of the spring
(d) Middle of the winter
4. In which of the following states did O'Brien complete his basic training?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for disdain as it is used in the following sentence?
He looks with disdain on those that flourish in basic training.
(d) Turns nose up at
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lake which O'Brien likes to ride around?
2. Who leads the march in chapter nine?
3. What is the goal of the soldiers in relation to the insurgents?
4. Which of the following is different about the timing of chapter two as compared to chapter one?
5. In which state was O'Brien raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the soldiers constantly fighting to find?
2. Describe Alpha Company as O'Brien first meets them.
3. To whom does O'Brien write as he continues his plan to desert to Sweden?
4. What philosophical conversation does O'Brien attempt to hold with the captain?
5. Describe the backdrop for O'Brien's upbringing.
6. After he starts his interest in politics, what does O'Brien begin to do?
7. What is sometimes the cause of the explosive ordinance attacks?
8. What is available at the combat center for entertainment?
9. What do the soldiers do that provokes a few Viet Cong hiding in the jungle to open fire before disappearing into the jungle?
10. Describe O'Brien's childhood and adolescence.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)