|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of training does O'Brien have to go through after he leaves basic training?
(a) Advanced Shooting School
(b) None, he is sent over seas
(c) Advanced Basic Training
(d) Advanced Infantry Training
2. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the days in O'Brien's company?
(a) Spent marching in formation
(b) Spent sweeping villages
3. What is located in Chu Lai?
(a) Advanced training center
(b) Landing Strip
(c) Combat Center
(d) Air warfare center
4. Where do the members of Alpha Company go when faced with an incoming explosive ordinance?
(a) Dive to the ground with no cover
(b) Into the forest
(d) Scatter into abandoned homes
5. Which of the following terms best describes they type of explosive attack which occurred in Chapter four?
(b) Weapon malfunction
(c) Enemy waged
(d) Misaimed weapon
Short Answer Questions
1. What does humping mean in military lingo?
2. What is the goal of the soldiers in relation to the insurgents?
3. Which term best describes how O'Brien's basic training went?
4. With what is O'Brien ill?
5. What does the man offer to the soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What philosophical conversation does O'Brien attempt to hold with the captain?
2. Describe at least three activities O'Brien did during his last summer at home before the war.
3. Why didn't O'Brien sign up for two years?
4. What does O'Brien do on his long nocturnal walks?
5. What provides O'Brien with his only intellectual connection?
6. After he starts his interest in politics, what does O'Brien begin to do?
7. What are the first few days like for O'Brien?
8. The Starlight scope is what kind of technology?
9. In what way do Erik and O'Brien catch the attention of the drill sergeant?
10. Describe the backdrop for O'Brien's upbringing.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)