|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men were in O'Brien's basic training unit?
2. How do the men of Alpha Company react to the nighttime attack?
(b) Hide in foxholes
(c) Organize themselves to counter attack
(d) Take cover
3. What type of narration is this chapter?
(a) Third Person
(c) First Person
4. Which of the following does O'Brien begin reading?
5. What does it mean to get wasted to the members of Alpha Company?
(a) High from drugs
(d) Spend time with a prostitute
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes how O'Brien feels during basic training?
2. What seems to happen to the jungle as the soldiers stare at it into the darkness?
3. Which of the following is not a synonym for spry?
4. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
5. Where do the members of Alpha Company go when faced with an incoming explosive ordinance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is sometimes the cause of the explosive ordinance attacks?
2. What does O'Brien rebel against during basic training?
3. In what way do Erik and O'Brien catch the attention of the drill sergeant?
4. How do the soldiers react to these self-induced injuries caused by soldiers tossing about their own grenades?
5. Why do the Vietnamese people go everywhere the men of Alpha Company go?
6. What does O'Brien do on his long nocturnal walks?
7. How many scenes does the author use in chapter ten?
8. How does O'Brien see himself during basic training?
9. What is available at the combat center for entertainment?
10. What are the first few days like for O'Brien?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)