Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not an accurate description, according to O'Brien, of the men who make up Alpha company?
(a) Curse wildly
(b) Lost all sense of proper human interpersonal communication
(d) Lost all manners
2. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of the term lethargy?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term shorn as used in the following sentence? Everyone is sober, shaven and shorn after raising their hands and reciting an oath.
(b) Closely guarded
(c) Deprived of something
(d) Short hair cut
5. Which of the following describes the nickname for the time period in which O'Brien was born?
(a) Cold war
(b) Baby boom
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the battalion commander believe is O'Brien's problem?
2. What does it mean to the members of Alpha Company to be getting short?
3. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common summer activities?
4. When does O'Brien execute his plan to desert infantry training?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for disdain as it is used in the following sentence?
He looks with disdain on those that flourish in basic training.
Short Essay Questions
1. The Starlight scope is what kind of technology?
2. What does O'Brien admit to the reader at the end of chapter three?
3. Why does the Chaplain disappoint O'Brien?
4. What causes fear and paranoia in the soldiers?
5. Describe the message O'Brien wishes to convey through chapter ten.
6. What are the soldiers constantly fighting to find?
7. Why didn't O'Brien sign up for two years?
8. Why doesn't Bates or O'Brien do anything about the old men being tied to the trees?
9. When does O'Brien become a true soldier?
10. Why are the soldiers so angry?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)