|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the days in O'Brien's company?
(c) Spent sweeping villages
(d) Spent marching in formation
2. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
(d) Missing a limb
3. In which state was O'Brien raised?
4. What task does the squad leader make the squad do?
(a) Clean the urinals with their toothbrushes
(b) Follow around drill sergeant Blyton around
(c) Buff and wax the floor
(d) Practice shooting
5. Which of the following is the best definition of insanity as used by O'Brien to describe some of his fellow soldiers in chapter four?
(b) Mentally compromised
(d) Mentally Ill
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the transition which O'Brien faces with daily life in Vietnam from his previous life?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of the term lethargy?
3. Which of the following is true about O'Brien's parents?
4. What seems to happen to the jungle as the soldiers stare at it into the darkness?
5. Which best describes how the soldiers feel about minor shrapnel injuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is available at the combat center for entertainment?
2. How do the soldiers react to these self-induced injuries caused by soldiers tossing about their own grenades?
3. In what way do Erik and O'Brien catch the attention of the drill sergeant?
4. How does O'Brien spend his last summer before starting basic training?
5. Why does the Chaplain disappoint O'Brien?
6. Describe the message O'Brien wishes to convey through chapter ten.
7. When does O'Brien become a true soldier?
8. What are the soldiers constantly fighting to find?
9. What causes fear and paranoia in the soldiers?
10. Why didn't O'Brien sign up for two years?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)