|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares O'Brien's induction papers?
(a) O'Brien himself
(b) His father
(c) The draft board
(d) His mother
2. Why can't O'Brien sleep?
(a) He is lost in the jungle
(b) Overwhelmed by the jungle
(c) He is not allowed because he is always the guard
(d) Fear of being killed
3. What does it mean to the members of Alpha Company to be getting short?
(a) Loss of a limb
(b) 5-6 months left in Vietnam
(c) Out of ammunition
(d) Injured but not incapacitated
4. Which word best describes the length of the meeting O'Brien has with the battalion commander?
5. How does O'Brien describe the look in the girls' eyes who were selling Cokes?
(a) Barely concealed anger
(b) Pure infuriation
(c) Open antagonism
(d) Ongoing resentment
Short Answer Questions
1. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
2. Which of the following was not an accurate description, according to O'Brien, of the men who make up Alpha company?
3. Which of the following best describes the weather during Chapter four?
4. Which term means to march with items such as a pack or some military supplies?
5. Where did O'Brien meet a Vietnamese student who was also a Viet Cong officer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the smoke from Tri Binh 4 trouble O'Brien?
2. Why didn't O'Brien sign up for two years?
3. Describe Alpha Company as O'Brien first meets them.
4. In what way do Erik and O'Brien catch the attention of the drill sergeant?
5. Describe O'Brien's childhood and adolescence.
6. What philosophical conversation does O'Brien attempt to hold with the captain?
7. What is sometimes the cause of the explosive ordinance attacks?
8. What do the soldiers learn how to do at the combat center?
9. Why do the Vietnamese people go everywhere the men of Alpha Company go?
10. What do the soldiers do that provokes a few Viet Cong hiding in the jungle to open fire before disappearing into the jungle?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)