|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which area is considered really dangerous?
(a) Batangan Peninsula
(b) Long Binh
(d) Chu Lai
2. Which of the following describes the nickname for the time period in which O'Brien was born?
(a) Baby boom
(c) Cold war
3. In which of the following states did O'Brien complete his basic training?
4. Which of the following is the best definition for bellicose?
5. With whom does O'Brien request a meeting?
(a) Battalion commander
(b) Drill sergeant
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about the war?
2. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
3. Which of the following is a term used to describe a hand grenade?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term shorn as used in the following sentence? Everyone is sober, shaven and shorn after raising their hands and reciting an oath.
5. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is O'Brien's moral dilemma?
2. What is available at the combat center for entertainment?
3. What does O'Brien do on his long nocturnal walks?
4. Why didn't O'Brien sign up for two years?
5. When does O'Brien become a true soldier?
6. Describe the backdrop for O'Brien's upbringing.
7. What does O'Brien admit to the reader at the end of chapter three?
8. Why does the smoke from Tri Binh 4 trouble O'Brien?
9. Describe how the soldiers feel during the fire fight.
10. What is sometimes the cause of the explosive ordinance attacks?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)