|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does it mean to get wasted to the members of Alpha Company?
(b) Spend time with a prostitute
(d) High from drugs
2. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for insurgent?
(a) An uprising
(b) A soldier
(c) A person who rebels against authority
(d) A person who revels in the pain of others
4. Which of the following presidents is not referred to in this chapter?
5. Which person with whom O'Brien meets seems more interested in dandruff than his views on the war?
(c) Battalion commander
(d) Drill sergeant
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a new piece of equipment the soldiers break out in Chapter Four?
2. Which of the following does O'Brien begin reading?
3. Which word best describes the length of the meeting O'Brien has with the battalion commander?
4. Where is Alpha Company when O'Brien arrives?
5. Where do the members of Alpha Company go when faced with an incoming explosive ordinance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the soldiers react to these self-induced injuries caused by soldiers tossing about their own grenades?
2. What does O'Brien do on his long nocturnal walks?
3. Why does the Chaplain disappoint O'Brien?
4. Why do the Vietnamese people go everywhere the men of Alpha Company go?
5. What philosophical conversation does O'Brien attempt to hold with the captain?
6. What do the members of Alpha Company do that is ignoring the orders from their officers?
7. What is sometimes the cause of the explosive ordinance attacks?
8. What is available at the combat center for entertainment?
9. How does O'Brien spend his last summer before starting basic training?
10. When does O'Brien become a true soldier?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)