|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes what O'Brien is afraid of?
(b) Inability to be courageous
2. Which of the following is the best definition for insurgent?
(a) A soldier
(b) An uprising
(c) A person who rebels against authority
(d) A person who revels in the pain of others
3. Who gives the soldiers of Alpha Company back rubs?
(b) Other soldiers
(c) Little boys
(d) No one
4. With whom does O'Brien request a meeting?
(a) Drill sergeant
(b) Battalion commander
5. What is the goal of the soldiers in relation to the insurgents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Brien hide behind?
2. Which of the following presidents is not referred to in this chapter?
3. Which of the following does O'Brien use to describe the way Alpha company came out of the jungle?
4. What name do the soldiers give to the Starlight scope?
5. What does the battalion commander believe is O'Brien's problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Vietnamese people go everywhere the men of Alpha Company go?
2. How does O'Brien see himself during basic training?
3. How many scenes does the author use in chapter ten?
4. Describe the backdrop for O'Brien's upbringing.
5. What is sometimes the cause of the explosive ordinance attacks?
6. What do the members of Alpha Company do that is ignoring the orders from their officers?
7. Describe the message O'Brien wishes to convey through chapter ten.
8. What are the first few days like for O'Brien?
9. What provides O'Brien with his only intellectual connection?
10. To whom does O'Brien write as he continues his plan to desert to Sweden?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)