|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a synonym for the term raucous as it is used to describe the bus ride to basic training?
2. When is O'Brien due to report for basic training?
(a) Middle of the winter
(b) Beginning of the spring
(c) End of the summer
(d) End of the fall
3. Which area is considered really dangerous?
(a) Long Binh
(c) Batangan Peninsula
(d) Chu Lai
4. Who gives the soldiers of Alpha Company back rubs?
(a) Little boys
(b) No one
(c) Other soldiers
5. Why do the Vietnamese boys follow the soldiers?
(a) Monitor locations
(b) To clean weapons
(c) Get candy
(d) Watch and report to the Viet Cong
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is different about the timing of chapter two as compared to chapter one?
2. What type of notice does O'Brien receive?
3. In what branch of the military does O'Brien serve?
4. What does the forest symbolize to O'Brien?
5. Which of the following is a new piece of equipment the soldiers break out in Chapter Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the soldiers learn how to do at the combat center?
2. How does O'Brien see himself during basic training?
3. Why didn't O'Brien sign up for two years?
4. How do the soldiers react to these self-induced injuries caused by soldiers tossing about their own grenades?
5. Describe O'Brien's childhood and adolescence.
6. Describe the backdrop for O'Brien's upbringing.
7. What overwhelms O'Brien's opposition to the war?
8. Describe Alpha Company as O'Brien first meets them.
9. What does O'Brien do on his long nocturnal walks?
10. What do the soldiers often do on the long routine marches that sometimes alerts the enemy to their location?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)