|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term lethargy?
2. What is O'Brien's job with Alpha Company?
(b) Simply foot soldier
(d) Operating the radio
3. Where does O'Brien's plane land in Vietnam?
(a) LZ Gator
(b) Ho Chi Min
(c) Cam Ranh Bay
(d) Chu Lai
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the days in O'Brien's company?
(c) Spent sweeping villages
(d) Spent marching in formation
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes O'Brien's childhood?
(a) In constant turmoil
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the literary term for when O'Brien keeps adding elements from events which happened prior to those he is describing?
2. What seems to happen to the jungle as the soldiers stare at it into the darkness?
3. Which of the following is a synonym for the term raucous as it is used to describe the bus ride to basic training?
4. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common summer activities?
5. In what year does chapter three take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't O'Brien sign up for two years?
2. To whom does O'Brien write as he continues his plan to desert to Sweden?
3. What does O'Brien admit to the reader at the end of chapter three?
4. Why do the Vietnamese people go everywhere the men of Alpha Company go?
5. In what way do Erik and O'Brien catch the attention of the drill sergeant?
6. The Starlight scope is what kind of technology?
7. What do the members of Alpha Company do that is ignoring the orders from their officers?
8. What overwhelms O'Brien's opposition to the war?
9. How many scenes does the author use in chapter ten?
10. After he starts his interest in politics, what does O'Brien begin to do?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)