|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters replaces Captain Johansen?
2. What practice seems to afford the soldiers some protection from nighttime Viet Cong attacks?
(a) Taking prisoners
(b) Destroying property
(c) Stealing Viet Cong rifles
(d) Hiding in wells
3. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
(a) Scoffed at
4. Which of the following describes how the female Viet Cong soldier died?
(a) She survives
(c) With female hysterics
(d) In extreme pain
5. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
(b) Flag pole
(c) Mine field
(d) Barbed wire
6. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
(b) Attending a strip tease
(d) Taking a 3-day leave
7. In which part of her body had she been shot?
8. What does Major Callicles feel is infecting the US military?
9. What surrounds the perimeter of the refugee camp on the lagoon side?
(a) Artillery rounds
(d) Barbed water
10. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
(a) Bouncing Betty
(b) Soviet TMB
(c) M-14 anti-personnel mines
(d) Booby-trapped mortar rounds
11. Which of the following is the best definition for the term sycophantic?
(c) Back stabbing
12. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about Captain Johansen?
13. Which of the following events takes place about one hour after the new commander takes charge of Alpha Company?
(a) O'Brien gets a leave pass
(b) Thirty soldiers killed in one hour
(c) Men led into a mine field
(d) A racial crime
14. What does O'Brien acquire just after Alpha Company gets a new commander?
(a) Bottle of wine
(b) 3-day pass
(c) Letter from Erik
(d) New job
15. Which type of mine scares the soldiers the most?
(a) Booby-trapped grenades
(b) Booby-trapped mortar
(c) M-14 anti-personnel mine
(d) Bouncing Betty
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
2. Which of the following is the best antonym to the term lewd?
3. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
4. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
5. Where does O'Brien go for R&R soon after he starts at LZ Gator?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)