|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the term fragged mean?
(a) Racist individual
(b) To give jobs to only whites
(c) A white soldier who is promoted
(d) Killed mysteriously in battle or by another soldier
2. Why is Pinkville referred to by this name?
(a) A derogatory term for the people that live here
(b) There is much blood here because so many have been killed
(c) Areas on military maps are shaded pink
(d) The soil is pink in this region
3. What does the letters AWOL stand for?
(a) Away While on Leave
(b) Absent Without Leave
(c) Away Without Leave
(d) Absent While on Leave
4. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
5. In which part of her body had she been shot?
6. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence?
They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
(a) Make somebody temporarily unable to move
(b) Bring to a standstill
(c) Deprive somebody of voluntary movement
(d) Inability to move and think
7. Where does O'Brien go for R&R soon after he starts at LZ Gator?
8. Which of the following is O'Brien's boss at camp LZ Gator?
(a) Mad Mark
(b) Captain Smith
(c) Major Callicles
(d) Captain Johansen
9. What new job does O'Brien finally earn at the end of August?
(b) Munitions expert
(c) Radio man
10. Courage without wisdom is what, according to O'Brien's interpretation of Plato?
(a) Not true courage
(b) Showing an inability to follow through
(c) A sign of weakness
11. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
12. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
(a) Barbed wire
(b) Mine field
(c) Flag pole
13. Which type of mine scares the soldiers the most?
(a) M-14 anti-personnel mine
(b) Booby-trapped grenades
(c) Booby-trapped mortar
(d) Bouncing Betty
14. Which area of Vietnam is one of the most heavily mined areas?
(a) My Khe
(b) My Lai
(d) Batangan Peninsula
15. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) Tied to a tree
(b) In a make shift jail
(c) On the ground bound together by ropes
(d) They are forced to stay awake
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
2. What does the Major receive for his part in the My Lai massacre?
3. How do the soldiers take vengeance?
4. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
5. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)