|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. O'Brien believes that Johansen is the perfect guard for what?
(a) Platonic Republic
(b) Him (O'Brien)
(c) Any army
2. What do the soldiers do to the well in the village where they found the Viet Cong rifle?
(a) Close it over with rocks
(b) Poison it
(c) Dump sand in it
(d) Hide explosives in it
3. Which of the following terms means someone with very little combat experience?
4. Who orders the village to be searched after they find a Viet Cong rifle?
(b) Mad Mark
(d) Captain Johansen
5. Courage without wisdom is what, according to O'Brien's interpretation of Plato?
(a) Not true courage
(c) A sign of weakness
(d) Showing an inability to follow through
6. Which area of Vietnam is one of the most heavily mined areas?
(a) My Lai
(b) My Khe
(d) Batangan Peninsula
7. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
8. Where does O'Brien sleep?
(a) In his office
(b) In a tent on the base
(c) In an apartment with Bates
(d) In the barracks
9. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(d) Changing constantly
10. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
(a) Mad Mark
(b) Captain Johansen
11. Which of the following is the best synonym for treacherous as used in the following sentence?
The coral reefs and sandy beaches are a treacherous paradise.
12. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
(a) With Captain Johansen
(b) At a base camp in the rear
(c) Planting mines
(d) Working with Erik
13. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence?
The Captain mocks his fear.
14. In which part of her body had she been shot?
15. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence?
They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
(a) Deprive somebody of voluntary movement
(b) Inability to move and think
(c) Bring to a standstill
(d) Make somebody temporarily unable to move
Short Answer Questions
1. For what event is Major Callicles asked to leave the base camp permanently?
2. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
3. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
4. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
5. Why is Pinkville referred to by this name?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)