|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
2. What does O'Brien acquire just after Alpha Company gets a new commander?
(a) Bottle of wine
(b) 3-day pass
(c) Letter from Erik
(d) New job
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term sycophantic?
(a) Back stabbing
4. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(d) Changing constantly
5. In which part of her body had she been shot?
6. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
7. Where does O'Brien go for R&R soon after he starts at LZ Gator?
8. Why does the Vietnamese scout want request leave?
(a) To earn money for his family
(b) To take care of his children after his wife was killed
(c) Join the Viet Cong
(d) Help his family overcome an illness
9. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
(c) Mad Mark
(d) Captain Johansen
10. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
(a) Migraine headaches
(b) Ongoing weight problem
(c) Bursting blood vessels on his face
(d) Heart attack
11. How do the soldiers take vengeance?
(a) Raping any women
(b) Hiding in the jungle
(c) Setting fire to villages
(d) Setting up their own mine fields
12. Why are the men of Alpha Company in disarray?
(a) Overwhelmed by too many enemy soldiers
(b) Too many losses
(c) Bad leadership
(d) Poor planning
13. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) On the ground bound together by ropes
(b) They are forced to stay awake
(c) In a make shift jail
(d) Tied to a tree
14. Where does O'Brien sleep?
(a) In an apartment with Bates
(b) In his office
(c) In a tent on the base
(d) In the barracks
15. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
(a) Hunting for food
(b) Cleaning and cooking fish
(c) Hiding in their huts
(d) Sewing clothing for the soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alpha Company find a Viet Cong rifle?
2. To what does O'Brien liken Johansen's leaving Alpha Company?
3. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
4. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
5. What do some of the soldiers give to the dying female Viet Cong soldier?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)