|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does O'Brien acquire just after Alpha Company gets a new commander?
(a) New job
(b) Bottle of wine
(c) Letter from Erik
(d) 3-day pass
2. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
(a) They hit a Viet Cong soldier with their armored vehicles
(b) Run into a mine field
(c) Hit by rocket-propelled grenades
(d) Surrounded by peasants revolting against their treatment
3. What does Alpha company come across in chapter twelve?
(a) Injured Viet Cong female soldier
(b) Hidden mine field
(c) Previously unknown of beach
(d) Safe place to rest for the night
4. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
(a) At a base camp in the rear
(b) Planting mines
(c) With Captain Johansen
(d) Working with Erik
5. Which of the following terms means someone with very little combat experience?
6. What consumes Major Callicles?
(a) Sense of right and fairness
(b) My Lai scandal
7. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence?
They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
(a) Inability to move and think
(b) Deprive somebody of voluntary movement
(c) Bring to a standstill
(d) Make somebody temporarily unable to move
8. Where does O'Brien go for R&R soon after he starts at LZ Gator?
9. Who orders the village to be searched after they find a Viet Cong rifle?
(a) Captain Johansen
(d) Mad Mark
10. O'Brien believes that Johansen is the perfect guard for what?
(a) Any army
(b) Him (O'Brien)
(c) Platonic Republic
11. Which of the following is not a synonym for the term lament?
12. What does the Major receive for his part in the My Lai massacre?
13. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence?
The Captain mocks his fear.
14. What does Major Callicles feel is infecting the US military?
15. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the perimeter of the refugee camp on the lagoon side?
2. Why is Pinkville referred to by this name?
3. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
4. What do some of the soldiers give to the dying female Viet Cong soldier?
5. In which part of her body had she been shot?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)