|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms means someone with very little combat experience?
2. Which area of Vietnam is one of the most heavily mined areas?
(a) Batangan Peninsula
(b) My Khe
(c) My Lai
3. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence?
They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
(a) Inability to move and think
(b) Bring to a standstill
(c) Make somebody temporarily unable to move
(d) Deprive somebody of voluntary movement
4. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
(a) Flag pole
(b) Mine field
(c) Barbed wire
5. What do the soldiers do to the well in the village where they found the Viet Cong rifle?
(a) Close it over with rocks
(b) Poison it
(c) Dump sand in it
(d) Hide explosives in it
6. For what event is Major Callicles asked to leave the base camp permanently?
(a) Harassing the soldiers
(b) Taking Drugs
(d) Burning down a brothel
7. To what does O'Brien liken Johansen's leaving Alpha Company?
(a) President Kennedy's assassination
(b) Vietnam War
(c) Overthrow of a king
(d) Trojans losing Hector
8. Which of the following describes how the female Viet Cong soldier died?
(a) With female hysterics
(b) In extreme pain
(c) She survives
9. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
10. Courage without wisdom is what, according to O'Brien's interpretation of Plato?
(b) Not true courage
(c) Showing an inability to follow through
(d) A sign of weakness
11. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
12. What new job does O'Brien finally earn at the end of August?
(b) Radio man
(d) Munitions expert
13. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence?
The Captain mocks his fear.
14. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about Captain Johansen?
15. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
(c) Operates in small groups
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alpha Company find a Viet Cong rifle?
2. Which of the following is the best antonym to the term lewd?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
4. Which type of mine scares the soldiers the most?
5. What does Major Callicles feel is infecting the US military?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)