|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
(a) At a base camp in the rear
(b) Planting mines
(c) Working with Erik
(d) With Captain Johansen
2. Where does O'Brien sleep?
(a) In his office
(b) In an apartment with Bates
(c) In the barracks
(d) In a tent on the base
3. O'Brien believes that Johansen is the perfect guard for what?
(a) Any army
(b) Platonic Republic
(d) Him (O'Brien)
4. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
(a) Viet Cong
(c) A place to rest
5. What do the men of Alpha Company use to fight the constant fear?
6. How do the soldiers take vengeance?
(a) Setting up their own mine fields
(b) Setting fire to villages
(c) Raping any women
(d) Hiding in the jungle
7. What do some of the soldiers give to the dying female Viet Cong soldier?
8. Which of the following terms means someone with very little combat experience?
9. Pinkville used to be a what?
(a) Popular beach
(b) Population center
10. Where does Alpha Company find a Viet Cong rifle?
(b) Mine field
(c) On a dead soldier
11. What new job does O'Brien finally earn at the end of August?
(b) Munitions expert
(c) Radio man
12. How much are the refugees paid for each death?
13. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
14. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
(b) Mine field
(c) Barbed wire
(d) Flag pole
15. What surrounds the perimeter of the refugee camp on the lagoon side?
(a) Barbed water
(b) Artillery rounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers do to the well in the village where they found the Viet Cong rifle?
2. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
3. In what do the Viet Cong hide the booby-trapped grenades?
4. To what does O'Brien liken Johansen's leaving Alpha Company?
5. Which type of mine scares the soldiers the most?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)