|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
(a) Hit by rocket-propelled grenades
(b) They hit a Viet Cong soldier with their armored vehicles
(c) Run into a mine field
(d) Surrounded by peasants revolting against their treatment
2. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
(b) Viet Cong
(d) A place to rest
3. Why is Pinkville referred to by this name?
(a) A derogatory term for the people that live here
(b) There is much blood here because so many have been killed
(c) Areas on military maps are shaded pink
(d) The soil is pink in this region
4. What does Alpha company come across in chapter twelve?
(a) Previously unknown of beach
(b) Hidden mine field
(c) Injured Viet Cong female soldier
(d) Safe place to rest for the night
5. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
(b) Scoffed at
6. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence?
They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
(a) Deprive somebody of voluntary movement
(b) Inability to move and think
(c) Bring to a standstill
(d) Make somebody temporarily unable to move
7. Which of the following is not a synonym for the term lament?
8. When does O'Brien say that bitterness sets in for soldiers?
(a) When they see their first combat death
(b) Every time they face death
(c) Once they have returned safely home
(d) After they have joined a unit
9. Which of the following terms means someone with very little combat experience?
10. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
(b) Operates in small groups
11. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(b) Changing constantly
12. In what do the Viet Cong hide the booby-trapped grenades?
(b) Tin cans
(d) Under thatched huts floors
13. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) Tied to a tree
(b) They are forced to stay awake
(c) On the ground bound together by ropes
(d) In a make shift jail
14. Which of the following events takes place about one hour after the new commander takes charge of Alpha Company?
(a) Men led into a mine field
(b) O'Brien gets a leave pass
(c) A racial crime
(d) Thirty soldiers killed in one hour
15. Which of the following describes how the female Viet Cong soldier died?
(a) She survives
(c) With female hysterics
(d) In extreme pain
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
2. Why are the men of Alpha Company in disarray?
3. Courage without wisdom is what, according to O'Brien's interpretation of Plato?
4. What does Major Callicles feel is infecting the US military?
5. Where does O'Brien sleep?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)