Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
(b) Attending a strip tease
(d) Taking a 3-day leave
2. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
(a) They hit a Viet Cong soldier with their armored vehicles
(b) Hit by rocket-propelled grenades
(c) Surrounded by peasants revolting against their treatment
(d) Run into a mine field
3. Courage without wisdom is what, according to O'Brien's interpretation of Plato?
(a) Showing an inability to follow through
(c) Not true courage
(d) A sign of weakness
4. Who orders the village to be searched after they find a Viet Cong rifle?
(b) Captain Johansen
(d) Mad Mark
5. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
(d) Operates in small groups
6. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
(a) Barbed wire
(c) Mine field
(d) Flag pole
7. Where does O'Brien sleep?
(a) In the barracks
(b) In an apartment with Bates
(c) In a tent on the base
(d) In his office
8. How do the soldiers take vengeance?
(a) Setting up their own mine fields
(b) Hiding in the jungle
(c) Setting fire to villages
(d) Raping any women
9. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
(a) Hiding in their huts
(b) Sewing clothing for the soldiers
(c) Hunting for food
(d) Cleaning and cooking fish
10. Which of the following characters replaces Captain Johansen?
11. Why are the men of Alpha Company in disarray?
(a) Overwhelmed by too many enemy soldiers
(b) Bad leadership
(c) Too many losses
(d) Poor planning
12. Which of the following is the best antonym to the term lewd?
13. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
14. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
(a) Migraine headaches
(b) Bursting blood vessels on his face
(c) Ongoing weight problem
(d) Heart attack
15. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence?
The Captain mocks his fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term sycophantic?
2. When does O'Brien say that bitterness sets in for soldiers?
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for treacherous as used in the following sentence? The coral reefs and sandy beaches are a treacherous paradise.
4. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
5. What does Alpha company come across in chapter twelve?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)