Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for treacherous as used in the following sentence?
The coral reefs and sandy beaches are a treacherous paradise.
2. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) They are forced to stay awake
(b) On the ground bound together by ropes
(c) In a make shift jail
(d) Tied to a tree
3. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
(a) Scoffed at
4. What new job does O'Brien finally earn at the end of August?
(c) Munitions expert
(d) Radio man
5. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
(c) Taking a 3-day leave
(d) Attending a strip tease
6. What practice seems to afford the soldiers some protection from nighttime Viet Cong attacks?
(a) Destroying property
(b) Taking prisoners
(c) Stealing Viet Cong rifles
(d) Hiding in wells
7. For what event is Major Callicles asked to leave the base camp permanently?
(a) Burning down a brothel
(b) Harassing the soldiers
(d) Taking Drugs
8. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
9. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
10. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
(a) Mad Mark
(c) Captain Johansen
11. What is Alpha Company assigned to protect on the beaches of a lagoon?
(a) An American military installation
(c) The lagoon from Viet Cong ships
(d) Viet Cong prisoners
12. Which of the following events takes place about one hour after the new commander takes charge of Alpha Company?
(a) Thirty soldiers killed in one hour
(b) Men led into a mine field
(c) A racial crime
(d) O'Brien gets a leave pass
13. Which of the following characters replaces Captain Johansen?
14. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
(a) Planting mines
(b) With Captain Johansen
(c) At a base camp in the rear
(d) Working with Erik
15. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
(a) Courage without wisdom is not true courage
(b) Wisdom of character is most important
(c) Courage is more than being in charge
(d) Laches makes him the perfect Platonic Republic soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
2. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
3. To what does O'Brien liken Johansen's leaving Alpha Company?
4. Why are the men of Alpha Company in disarray?
5. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about Captain Johansen?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)