|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Vietnamese scout want request leave?
(a) Help his family overcome an illness
(b) To earn money for his family
(c) Join the Viet Cong
(d) To take care of his children after his wife was killed
2. Why are the men of Alpha Company in disarray?
(a) Overwhelmed by too many enemy soldiers
(b) Too many losses
(c) Poor planning
(d) Bad leadership
3. What does Major Callicles feel is infecting the US military?
4. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
5. What does O'Brien acquire just after Alpha Company gets a new commander?
(a) Bottle of wine
(b) Letter from Erik
(c) New job
(d) 3-day pass
6. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
7. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
(a) A place to rest
(d) Viet Cong
8. How does O'Brien feel in chapter thirteen?
9. What does the letters AWOL stand for?
(a) Away Without Leave
(b) Absent While on Leave
(c) Away While on Leave
(d) Absent Without Leave
10. What practice seems to afford the soldiers some protection from nighttime Viet Cong attacks?
(a) Taking prisoners
(b) Stealing Viet Cong rifles
(c) Destroying property
(d) Hiding in wells
11. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
(a) Mad Mark
(d) Captain Johansen
12. What do the men of Alpha Company use to fight the constant fear?
13. Which of the following is the best antonym to the term lewd?
14. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) In a make shift jail
(b) On the ground bound together by ropes
(c) Tied to a tree
(d) They are forced to stay awake
15. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term sycophantic?
2. How much are the refugees paid for each death?
3. Where does O'Brien go for R&R soon after he starts at LZ Gator?
4. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
5. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)