|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pinkville used to be a what?
(b) Popular beach
(c) Population center
2. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
(a) Heart attack
(b) Migraine headaches
(c) Bursting blood vessels on his face
(d) Ongoing weight problem
3. Who orders the village to be searched after they find a Viet Cong rifle?
(a) Mad Mark
(d) Captain Johansen
4. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
5. To what does O'Brien liken Johansen's leaving Alpha Company?
(a) Vietnam War
(b) Overthrow of a king
(c) President Kennedy's assassination
(d) Trojans losing Hector
6. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence?
They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
(a) Bring to a standstill
(b) Inability to move and think
(c) Deprive somebody of voluntary movement
(d) Make somebody temporarily unable to move
7. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
8. Why does the Vietnamese scout want request leave?
(a) To earn money for his family
(b) Join the Viet Cong
(c) To take care of his children after his wife was killed
(d) Help his family overcome an illness
9. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
10. What surrounds the perimeter of the refugee camp on the lagoon side?
(a) Artillery rounds
(b) Barbed water
11. O'Brien believes that Johansen is the perfect guard for what?
(a) Any army
(b) Platonic Republic
(d) Him (O'Brien)
12. Courage without wisdom is what, according to O'Brien's interpretation of Plato?
(a) A sign of weakness
(c) Not true courage
(d) Showing an inability to follow through
13. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
(a) Bouncing Betty
(b) M-14 anti-personnel mines
(c) Booby-trapped mortar rounds
(d) Soviet TMB
14. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence?
The Captain mocks his fear.
15. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
(a) Taking a 3-day leave
(b) Attending a strip tease
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the prisoners sleep?
2. What is Alpha Company assigned to protect on the beaches of a lagoon?
3. What do the men of Alpha Company use to fight the constant fear?
4. In which part of her body had she been shot?
5. Which of the following terms means someone with very little combat experience?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)