|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What consumes Major Callicles?
(a) My Lai scandal
(b) Sense of right and fairness
2. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
(a) With Captain Johansen
(b) At a base camp in the rear
(c) Planting mines
(d) Working with Erik
3. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
4. Which of the following is not a synonym for the term lament?
5. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
6. What does Alpha company come across in chapter twelve?
(a) Hidden mine field
(b) Injured Viet Cong female soldier
(c) Previously unknown of beach
(d) Safe place to rest for the night
7. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
(a) Booby-trapped mortar rounds
(b) M-14 anti-personnel mines
(c) Bouncing Betty
(d) Soviet TMB
8. Which of the following is the best antonym to the term lewd?
9. When does O'Brien say that bitterness sets in for soldiers?
(a) Every time they face death
(b) Once they have returned safely home
(c) After they have joined a unit
(d) When they see their first combat death
10. Which of the following events takes place about one hour after the new commander takes charge of Alpha Company?
(a) Men led into a mine field
(b) A racial crime
(c) O'Brien gets a leave pass
(d) Thirty soldiers killed in one hour
11. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence?
The Captain mocks his fear.
12. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
(a) A place to rest
(b) Viet Cong
13. Which of the following is the best synonym for treacherous as used in the following sentence?
The coral reefs and sandy beaches are a treacherous paradise.
14. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(d) Changing constantly
15. Which of the following is O'Brien's boss at camp LZ Gator?
(a) Mad Mark
(b) Major Callicles
(c) Captain Smith
(d) Captain Johansen
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
2. Where does O'Brien go for R&R soon after he starts at LZ Gator?
3. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about Captain Johansen?
4. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
5. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)