|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alpha Company find a Viet Cong rifle?
(a) On a dead soldier
(b) Mine field
2. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
(d) Scoffed at
3. Which of the following characters replaces Captain Johansen?
4. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
(a) Soviet TMB
(b) Bouncing Betty
(c) Booby-trapped mortar rounds
(d) M-14 anti-personnel mines
5. Where does O'Brien sleep?
(a) In his office
(b) In an apartment with Bates
(c) In the barracks
(d) In a tent on the base
6. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about Captain Johansen?
7. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(b) Changing constantly
8. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
(b) A place to rest
(d) Viet Cong
9. Which type of mine scares the soldiers the most?
(a) Bouncing Betty
(b) M-14 anti-personnel mine
(c) Booby-trapped grenades
(d) Booby-trapped mortar
10. What do the soldiers do to the well in the village where they found the Viet Cong rifle?
(a) Dump sand in it
(b) Hide explosives in it
(c) Close it over with rocks
(d) Poison it
11. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
(a) Courage without wisdom is not true courage
(b) Courage is more than being in charge
(c) Laches makes him the perfect Platonic Republic soldier
(d) Wisdom of character is most important
12. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
(b) Taking a 3-day leave
(c) Attending a strip tease
13. Why is Pinkville referred to by this name?
(a) Areas on military maps are shaded pink
(b) There is much blood here because so many have been killed
(c) The soil is pink in this region
(d) A derogatory term for the people that live here
14. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
15. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alpha Company assigned to protect on the beaches of a lagoon?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term sycophantic?
3. Which of the following is O'Brien's boss at camp LZ Gator?
4. Which of the following terms means someone with very little combat experience?
5. What new job does O'Brien finally earn at the end of August?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)