|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the soldiers give to the dying female Viet Cong soldier?
2. What consumes Major Callicles?
(b) Sense of right and fairness
(d) My Lai scandal
3. Which of the following is not an accurate description of guerrilla warfare?
(a) Operates in small groups
4. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
5. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
6. To what does O'Brien liken Johansen's leaving Alpha Company?
(a) Trojans losing Hector
(b) Overthrow of a king
(c) President Kennedy's assassination
(d) Vietnam War
7. How does O'Brien feel in chapter thirteen?
8. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
(a) Captain Johansen
(b) Mad Mark
9. Which of the following is not a synonym for the term lament?
10. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
(a) Viet Cong
(d) A place to rest
11. How do the soldiers take vengeance?
(a) Setting up their own mine fields
(b) Setting fire to villages
(c) Hiding in the jungle
(d) Raping any women
12. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) In a make shift jail
(b) They are forced to stay awake
(c) Tied to a tree
(d) On the ground bound together by ropes
13. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
(a) Run into a mine field
(b) Surrounded by peasants revolting against their treatment
(c) They hit a Viet Cong soldier with their armored vehicles
(d) Hit by rocket-propelled grenades
14. What new job does O'Brien finally earn at the end of August?
(b) Munitions expert
(d) Radio man
15. When does O'Brien say that bitterness sets in for soldiers?
(a) After they have joined a unit
(b) When they see their first combat death
(c) Once they have returned safely home
(d) Every time they face death
Short Answer Questions
1. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
2. Pinkville used to be a what?
3. Which type of mine scares the soldiers the most?
4. What does the Major receive for his part in the My Lai massacre?
5. What do the men of Alpha Company use to fight the constant fear?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)