|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
2. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
(a) Hunting for food
(b) Hiding in their huts
(c) Sewing clothing for the soldiers
(d) Cleaning and cooking fish
3. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(a) Changing constantly
4. What practice seems to afford the soldiers some protection from nighttime Viet Cong attacks?
(a) Taking prisoners
(b) Stealing Viet Cong rifles
(c) Destroying property
(d) Hiding in wells
5. How much are the refugees paid for each death?
6. In which part of her body had she been shot?
7. What does Major Callicles feel is infecting the US military?
8. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
(a) Surrounded by peasants revolting against their treatment
(b) Run into a mine field
(c) Hit by rocket-propelled grenades
(d) They hit a Viet Cong soldier with their armored vehicles
9. Where does Alpha Company find a Viet Cong rifle?
(a) Mine field
(d) On a dead soldier
10. What do the soldiers do to the well in the village where they found the Viet Cong rifle?
(a) Hide explosives in it
(b) Poison it
(c) Close it over with rocks
(d) Dump sand in it
11. What does the letters AWOL stand for?
(a) Absent While on Leave
(b) Away While on Leave
(c) Absent Without Leave
(d) Away Without Leave
12. How does O'Brien feel in chapter thirteen?
13. To what does O'Brien liken Johansen's leaving Alpha Company?
(a) Overthrow of a king
(b) President Kennedy's assassination
(c) Trojans losing Hector
(d) Vietnam War
14. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
(a) At a base camp in the rear
(b) Planting mines
(c) Working with Erik
(d) With Captain Johansen
15. Which of the following is the best synonym for treacherous as used in the following sentence?
The coral reefs and sandy beaches are a treacherous paradise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which area of Vietnam is one of the most heavily mined areas?
2. Where does O'Brien go for R&R soon after he starts at LZ Gator?
3. Which type of mine scares the soldiers the most?
4. Pinkville used to be a what?
5. What do some of the soldiers give to the dying female Viet Cong soldier?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)