|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much are the refugees paid for each death?
2. Which of the following characters replaces Captain Johansen?
3. Courage without wisdom is what, according to O'Brien's interpretation of Plato?
(b) Not true courage
(c) A sign of weakness
(d) Showing an inability to follow through
4. What do some of the soldiers give to the dying female Viet Cong soldier?
5. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
(a) At a base camp in the rear
(b) With Captain Johansen
(c) Working with Erik
(d) Planting mines
6. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
(a) Hit by rocket-propelled grenades
(b) Run into a mine field
(c) They hit a Viet Cong soldier with their armored vehicles
(d) Surrounded by peasants revolting against their treatment
7. What is Alpha Company assigned to protect on the beaches of a lagoon?
(a) The lagoon from Viet Cong ships
(b) Viet Cong prisoners
(d) An American military installation
8. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) In a make shift jail
(b) On the ground bound together by ropes
(c) Tied to a tree
(d) They are forced to stay awake
9. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence?
The Captain mocks his fear.
10. Why is Pinkville referred to by this name?
(a) There is much blood here because so many have been killed
(b) A derogatory term for the people that live here
(c) The soil is pink in this region
(d) Areas on military maps are shaded pink
11. How does O'Brien feel in chapter thirteen?
12. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
(d) Changing constantly
13. Which of the following events takes place about one hour after the new commander takes charge of Alpha Company?
(a) O'Brien gets a leave pass
(b) A racial crime
(c) Thirty soldiers killed in one hour
(d) Men led into a mine field
14. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
(a) Taking a 3-day leave
(c) Attending a strip tease
15. In which part of her body had she been shot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What new job does O'Brien finally earn at the end of August?
2. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
3. Which of the following terms means someone with very little combat experience?
4. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
5. What does O'Brien acquire just after Alpha Company gets a new commander?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)