|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alpha company come across in chapter twelve?
(a) Previously unknown of beach
(b) Hidden mine field
(c) Safe place to rest for the night
(d) Injured Viet Cong female soldier
2. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
(a) Courage without wisdom is not true courage
(b) Courage is more than being in charge
(c) Wisdom of character is most important
(d) Laches makes him the perfect Platonic Republic soldier
3. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
(a) Hiding in their huts
(b) Hunting for food
(c) Cleaning and cooking fish
(d) Sewing clothing for the soldiers
4. Pinkville used to be a what?
(c) Popular beach
(d) Population center
5. Where does O'Brien go for R&R soon after he starts at LZ Gator?
6. Which of the following is not a synonym for the term lament?
7. What practice seems to afford the soldiers some protection from nighttime Viet Cong attacks?
(a) Hiding in wells
(b) Stealing Viet Cong rifles
(c) Taking prisoners
(d) Destroying property
8. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence?
The Captain mocks his fear.
9. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
10. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
(a) At a base camp in the rear
(b) With Captain Johansen
(c) Working with Erik
(d) Planting mines
11. How much are the refugees paid for each death?
12. What does the Major receive for his part in the My Lai massacre?
13. Where does O'Brien sleep?
(a) In his office
(b) In an apartment with Bates
(c) In a tent on the base
(d) In the barracks
14. Why is Pinkville referred to by this name?
(a) There is much blood here because so many have been killed
(b) Areas on military maps are shaded pink
(c) A derogatory term for the people that live here
(d) The soil is pink in this region
15. Which of the following describes how the female Viet Cong soldier died?
(a) With female hysterics
(c) She survives
(d) In extreme pain
Short Answer Questions
1. What consumes Major Callicles?
2. Which other character was able to obtain a job at LZ Gator as a typist with O'Brien?
3. For what event is Major Callicles asked to leave the base camp permanently?
4. What does Major Callicles feel is infecting the US military?
5. Who orders the village to be searched after they find a Viet Cong rifle?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)