|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how the female Viet Cong soldier died?
(a) With female hysterics
(b) She survives
(d) In extreme pain
2. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
3. Who orders the village to be searched after they find a Viet Cong rifle?
(b) Captain Johansen
(c) Mad Mark
4. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence?
They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
(a) Make somebody temporarily unable to move
(b) Bring to a standstill
(c) Inability to move and think
(d) Deprive somebody of voluntary movement
5. Why are the men of Alpha Company in disarray?
(a) Too many losses
(b) Poor planning
(c) Bad leadership
(d) Overwhelmed by too many enemy soldiers
6. Why does the Vietnamese scout want request leave?
(a) Help his family overcome an illness
(b) To take care of his children after his wife was killed
(c) Join the Viet Cong
(d) To earn money for his family
7. Courage without wisdom is what, according to O'Brien's interpretation of Plato?
(a) Showing an inability to follow through
(b) Not true courage
(c) A sign of weakness
8. What does the Major receive for his part in the My Lai massacre?
9. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) On the ground bound together by ropes
(b) In a make shift jail
(c) They are forced to stay awake
(d) Tied to a tree
10. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
11. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
12. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
(a) Attending a strip tease
(c) Taking a 3-day leave
13. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about Captain Johansen?
14. What does O'Brien acquire just after Alpha Company gets a new commander?
(a) 3-day pass
(b) New job
(c) Letter from Erik
(d) Bottle of wine
15. What is Alpha Company looking for on their marches in chapter 17?
(a) A place to rest
(d) Viet Cong
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Major Callicles feel is infecting the US military?
2. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
3. O'Brien believes that Johansen is the perfect guard for what?
4. Which of the following is not a synonym for the term lament?
5. Where does O'Brien sleep?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)