|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what do the Viet Cong hide the booby-trapped grenades?
(b) Under thatched huts floors
(c) Tin cans
2. Which of the following phrases is why O'Brien decides that Johansen is a real leader?
(a) Laches makes him the perfect Platonic Republic soldier
(b) Wisdom of character is most important
(c) Courage is more than being in charge
(d) Courage without wisdom is not true courage
3. To what does O'Brien liken Johansen's leaving Alpha Company?
(a) Vietnam War
(b) Trojans losing Hector
(c) Overthrow of a king
(d) President Kennedy's assassination
4. Which of the following is the best definition of a scout?
5. Which of the following events takes place about one hour after the new commander takes charge of Alpha Company?
(a) A racial crime
(b) Thirty soldiers killed in one hour
(c) O'Brien gets a leave pass
(d) Men led into a mine field
6. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
(a) Hit by rocket-propelled grenades
(b) They hit a Viet Cong soldier with their armored vehicles
(c) Run into a mine field
(d) Surrounded by peasants revolting against their treatment
7. Which other character was able to obtain a job at LZ Gator as a typist with O'Brien?
8. Pinkville used to be a what?
(c) Population center
(d) Popular beach
9. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paralyzing as used in the following sentence?
They fight paralyzing fear with each step they take.
(a) Inability to move and think
(b) Make somebody temporarily unable to move
(c) Bring to a standstill
(d) Deprive somebody of voluntary movement
10. What do some of the soldiers give to the dying female Viet Cong soldier?
11. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) They are forced to stay awake
(b) Tied to a tree
(c) On the ground bound together by ropes
(d) In a make shift jail
12. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
13. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
(a) Hunting for food
(b) Hiding in their huts
(c) Sewing clothing for the soldiers
(d) Cleaning and cooking fish
14. Which of the following characters believes it is wrong to tie the old men to trees?
(b) Mad Mark
(c) Captain Johansen
15. What does the term fragged mean?
(a) A white soldier who is promoted
(b) Killed mysteriously in battle or by another soldier
(c) To give jobs to only whites
(d) Racist individual
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alpha Company assigned to protect on the beaches of a lagoon?
2. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
3. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
4. What does Captain Johansen tell O'Brien he would rather be than anything else?
5. What does O'Brien acquire just after Alpha Company gets a new commander?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)