|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the men of Alpha Company in disarray?
(a) Too many losses
(b) Bad leadership
(c) Poor planning
(d) Overwhelmed by too many enemy soldiers
2. Which type of mine would detonate under vehicles?
(a) Booby-trapped mortar rounds
(b) Bouncing Betty
(c) Soviet TMB
(d) M-14 anti-personnel mines
3. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
(a) Cleaning and cooking fish
(b) Hiding in their huts
(c) Sewing clothing for the soldiers
(d) Hunting for food
4. In which part of her body had she been shot?
5. Where does O'Brien go for R&R soon after he starts at LZ Gator?
6. How do the prisoners sleep?
(a) On the ground bound together by ropes
(b) In a make shift jail
(c) Tied to a tree
(d) They are forced to stay awake
7. What stands in the center of the refugee camp?
(a) Mine field
(c) Flag pole
(d) Barbed wire
8. In what do the Viet Cong hide the booby-trapped grenades?
(a) Under thatched huts floors
(d) Tin cans
9. How does O'Brien feel in chapter thirteen?
10. O'Brien believes that Johansen is the perfect guard for what?
(a) Any army
(b) Him (O'Brien)
(d) Platonic Republic
11. Where does O'Brien sleep?
(a) In an apartment with Bates
(b) In his office
(c) In a tent on the base
(d) In the barracks
12. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
(b) Scoffed at
13. What does Alpha company come across in chapter twelve?
(a) Safe place to rest for the night
(b) Hidden mine field
(c) Injured Viet Cong female soldier
(d) Previously unknown of beach
14. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term mocks as used in the following sentence?
The Captain mocks his fear.
15. Where does Alpha Company find a Viet Cong rifle?
(a) On a dead soldier
(d) Mine field
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alpha Company assigned to protect on the beaches of a lagoon?
2. When does O'Brien say that bitterness sets in for soldiers?
3. Which of the following words best describes life at LZ Gator?
4. Which of the following terms does not accurately describe Captain Smith?
5. What happens to Alpha Company as they are half way across the marsh?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)