Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt do at the home of the Icelander who found him?
2. Where does Pitt go at the airport?
3. What did the vehicle bring that Pitt requested?
4. How many of the men in the room are in cahoots with Rondheim?
5. Where does Kirsti take Pitt and Tidi?
Danger increases as the Pitt realizes he can't even trust his own military with the truth and must continue spinning lies to keep them off balance.
1. Discuss what has occurred in the first four chapters of the book that would make Pitt believe he can't trust the U.S. military.
2. Do you think the military can be trusted in real life? Why or why not?
3. Pitt seems to be fighting lies with lies? Does this seem to be the best way to go about this? Use examples to support your answer.
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare and contrast the characters Dirk Pitt and Oskar Rondheim.
2. Compare and contrast the characters Tidi and Kirsti.
3. Compare and contrast the characters James Kelly and Sam Kelly.
Pitt arrives at the party, which is held at Rondheim's huge mansion. Pitt is dressed in red velvet and continues his masquerade as a homosexual.
1. Do you think all homosexuals dress a certain way? What kind of thinking is this? Does Pitt dressing this way imply that if you see a man in cowboy boots and blue jeans he must be heterosexual? Why or why not?
2. Discuss what other kinds of other stereotypes and labels you see in this book.
3. Discuss, with examples why you believe people label others and group certain individuals together as if they were not separate from the group. Explain why the idea of lumping people into groups is dangerous to society as a whole.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)