|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pitt and the crew of the vehicle do?
2. Two men ask Kirsti what?
3. What does Pitt hear when he wakes up?
4. Where is the party Pitt attends held?
5. Who does Tidi recognize in the crowd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This novel is an adventure/suspense novel. Discuss one of the following:
1. Why are these types of novels popular?
2. What can a reader learn from this type of novel especially about how to deal with difficult situations?
3. Discuss how this adventure/suspense novel, written in the 1970's differs from those written in the 21st. century.
Essay Topic 2
Danger increases as the Pitt realizes he can't even trust his own military with the truth and must continue spinning lies to keep them off balance.
1. Discuss what has occurred in the first four chapters of the book that would make Pitt believe he can't trust the U.S. military.
2. Do you think the military can be trusted in real life? Why or why not?
3. Pitt seems to be fighting lies with lies? Does this seem to be the best way to go about this? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Pitt's superior physical strength and abilities are demonstrated as he saves Hunnewell's life on the iceberg.
1. Do you think Cussler's portrayal of Pitt is unrealistic for any human? Why or why not?
2. How do you think Pitt was able to develop his strength and abilities? Use examples from the book and/or real life to illustrate your answer.
3. Do you believe the incident with Pitt and Hunnewell, with Pitt saving Hunnewell is a demonstration of why most women would not do well in these types of military positions? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,255 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)