|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rondheim intend to do that Kelly doesn't know?
2. What does James say he will do with everyone in the room who is not part of the plan?
3. What does Tidi do when she comes up to Pitt and Rondheim?
4. Why is Kelly going to assassinate some people?
5. What does Kippman tell Pitt and Sandecker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James Kelly explain to the group about Hermit Limited?
2. How does Pitt act when he first arrives at the party and how is he dressed?
3. Who is Pitt pleased to see on the rescue vehicle and what happens after Pitt boards?
4. Where does Pitt go after their boating incident? Who takes him and how does Pitt feel about that person? Who does Pitt find?
5. What does Rondheim ask Pitt and and do he and Tidi handle the question?
6. What does Kippman reveal about Hermit Limited?
7. What happened in the confrontation between Pitt and Lillie?
8. Where is Sandecker at the beginning of Chapter 20; who is with him; and what does that person say?
9. What does Pitt do when James is talking? How does James respond?
10. What does Pitt see when he first wakes up after the poetry party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of one man making a difference is displayed here, as there is no one but Pitt who can save them all.
1. What do you think is meant by the theme expressed above?
2. Discuss and incident in depth you have seen or read about in which one person made a difference.
3. Although most people think of one person making a difference for the good of all, there have been many incidences in history in which one person made a negative impact. Discuss one of these people and how their character compared to Pitt's.
Essay Topic 2
The contrast of an ancient plane beating the plans of a madman's computers is enjoyed by Pitt immensely.
1. Explain in detail, using examples, why you think Pitt enjoyed the irony in the above situation.
2. Discuss what irony is and why the above situation is an example of it.
3. Is the most modern technology always the best choice for solving a problem? Discuss why or why not this is true and a situation which illustrates your position.
Essay Topic 3
This novel is an adventure/suspense novel. Discuss one of the following:
1. Why are these types of novels popular?
2. What can a reader learn from this type of novel especially about how to deal with difficult situations?
3. Discuss how this adventure/suspense novel, written in the 1970's differs from those written in the 21st. century.
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)