|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt realize James will use in his assassination efforts?
2. What type of aircraft does Pitt see at the airport?
3. Who does Tidi recognize in the crowd?
4. What is scattered around Pitt and the others?
5. By whom is the cab driver employed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plane does Pitt see in the hanger and what is interesting about it?
2. What does Pitt see when he first wakes up after the poetry party?
3. Where is Sandecker at the beginning of Chapter 20; who is with him; and what does that person say?
4. Who is the pilot of the rescue vehicle and what did he bring with him?
5. Why does Rondheim recite the Rime of the Ancient Mariner? What is Pitt's reaction?
6. What happens right as Pitt is looking for a way to leave the trophy room?
7. What does Pitt do in order to get help?
8. What does Pitt realize as he is talking to Sandecker about rescue efforts?
9. Where does Pitt go after their boating incident? Who takes him and how does Pitt feel about that person? Who does Pitt find?
10. What is Sandecker's response to the man in his office and what does Pitt say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As they hash out the circumstances and evidence, it is clear there is a strong bond that runs deeper than Admiral and Major between the men. They trust each other's opinions, and respect the intelligence displayed there.
1. How do you think trust between two individuals is built? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
2. Discuss what parts of Pitt's and Sandecker's conversation demonstrate their intelligence and why the reader can see that they both respect the other's intelligence.
3. What do you think the normal bond between a superior officer and a subordinate would look like? How does that compare with the bond between Pitt and Sandecker?
Essay Topic 2
The contrast of an ancient plane beating the plans of a madman's computers is enjoyed by Pitt immensely.
1. Explain in detail, using examples, why you think Pitt enjoyed the irony in the above situation.
2. Discuss what irony is and why the above situation is an example of it.
3. Is the most modern technology always the best choice for solving a problem? Discuss why or why not this is true and a situation which illustrates your position.
Essay Topic 3
Hunnewell's death greatly affects Pitt, who feels he has lost a friend due to his own failures.
1. What does Pitt's believing his failure caused Hunnewell's death seem to suggest about his character? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. The above sentence suggest that Pitt and Hunnewell were friends. Discuss their friendship using examples from the text to illustrate your answer.
3. The death of a friend would affect anyone. Discuss how you think that would affect a person and what a person can do to deal with the grief.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)