|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is scattered around Pitt and the others?
2. Who does Tidi recognize in the crowd?
3. How does Pitt feel towards Rondheim as he watches the rescue efforts?
4. Where does Pitt go at the airport?
5. What does James say he will do with everyone in the room who is not part of the plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man in Sandecker's office and what does he tell Pitt?
2. What is Sandecker's response to the man in his office and what does Pitt say?
3. What does Pitt realize as he is talking to Sandecker about rescue efforts?
4. What happened in the confrontation between Pitt and Lillie?
5. What does Rondheim ask Pitt and and do he and Tidi handle the question?
6. Where is Sandecker at the beginning of Chapter 20; who is with him; and what does that person say?
7. Who is the pilot of the rescue vehicle and what did he bring with him?
8. Who is Pitt pleased to see on the rescue vehicle and what happens after Pitt boards?
9. What does Pitt do in order to get help?
10. How does Pitt feel about what happened to Sam Kelly and how does he feel towards Rondheim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jerome P. Lillie is introduced. His role as a National Security agent who is working with Pitt now allows Pitt to access information from another, wider-reaching source. Typical of Pitt, threats and physical action must occur before the two men can respect each other, but once Lillie earns Pitt's trust, Pitt tells him everything.
1. What do you think the fact that Pitt has to have threats and physical action before he can respect a man says about his character?
2. In your opinion, discuss whether you believe the author is trying too hard to make Pitt look really masculine and tough. Include in your discussion whether you believe Pitt would be just as likable a character if he was less macho.
3. Discuss whether you think the job in which Lillie works and Pitt must have highly masculine, tough people in order to do the job.
Essay Topic 2
Pitt arrives at the party, which is held at Rondheim's huge mansion. Pitt is dressed in red velvet and continues his masquerade as a homosexual.
1. Do you think all homosexuals dress a certain way? What kind of thinking is this? Does Pitt dressing this way imply that if you see a man in cowboy boots and blue jeans he must be heterosexual? Why or why not?
2. Discuss what other kinds of other stereotypes and labels you see in this book.
3. Discuss, with examples why you believe people label others and group certain individuals together as if they were not separate from the group. Explain why the idea of lumping people into groups is dangerous to society as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Danger increases as the Pitt realizes he can't even trust his own military with the truth and must continue spinning lies to keep them off balance.
1. Discuss what has occurred in the first four chapters of the book that would make Pitt believe he can't trust the U.S. military.
2. Do you think the military can be trusted in real life? Why or why not?
3. Pitt seems to be fighting lies with lies? Does this seem to be the best way to go about this? Use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)