|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rondheim intend to do that Kelly doesn't know?
2. What corporation does James Kelly talk about?
3. What does Pitt realize James will use in his assassination efforts?
4. Where are Pitt and the others when he wakes?
5. What is Pitt wearing to the party?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of one man making a difference is displayed here, as there is no one but Pitt who can save them all.
1. What do you think is meant by the theme expressed above?
2. Discuss and incident in depth you have seen or read about in which one person made a difference.
3. Although most people think of one person making a difference for the good of all, there have been many incidences in history in which one person made a negative impact. Discuss one of these people and how their character compared to Pitt's.
Essay Topic 2
The contrast of an ancient plane beating the plans of a madman's computers is enjoyed by Pitt immensely.
1. Explain in detail, using examples, why you think Pitt enjoyed the irony in the above situation.
2. Discuss what irony is and why the above situation is an example of it.
3. Is the most modern technology always the best choice for solving a problem? Discuss why or why not this is true and a situation which illustrates your position.
Essay Topic 3
Tidi reacts hysterically to the fact the men in the hydrofoil are killed, but this gives Sandecker and Pitt a chance to explain their motives and their philosophy that it is better for them to survive than be killed by Oskar's henchmen.
1. Explain why one might judge the above statement to be sexist. Use examples from the book and real life to support your answer.
2. Realistically, shouldn't everyone, man or woman, get upset when people are killed? Do you agree with this statement? Explain why or why not.
This section contains 2,260 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)