Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt do at the home of the Icelander who found him?
2. Where does Pitt go at the airport?
3. What did the vehicle bring that Pitt requested?
4. How many of the men in the room are in cahoots with Rondheim?
5. Where does Kirsti take Pitt and Tidi?
Pitt is a consummate ladies man with few boundaries or shame, but he holds his friendships dearer than his desire for the beautiful Tidi. Pitt's loyalty to Sandecker runs deep, and it is obvious the old man considers Pitt to be like a son to him.
1. What do you think is meant by the first sentence above? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. Discuss in depth what loyalty to an individual means in terms of various relationships such as superior officer, friend, sibling, etc.
3. How do you think the fact that Sandecker considers Pitt to be like a son to him has been demonstrated in this book? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Tidi reacts hysterically to the fact the men in the hydrofoil are killed, but this gives Sandecker and Pitt a chance to explain their motives and their philosophy that it is better for them to survive than be killed by Oskar's henchmen.
1. Explain why one might judge the above statement to be sexist. Use examples from the book and real life to support your answer.
2. Realistically, shouldn't everyone, man or woman, get upset when people are killed? Do you agree with this statement? Explain why or why not.
Dr. Hunnewell chastises Pitt for telling the Lt. Cmdr a lie about the reason for tracking down the iceberg.
1. Why do you think Hunnewell chastises Pitt for lying to Koski? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. Discuss, with examples, what you can infer about Hunnewell's character from his chastisement of Pitt.
3. Do you think there are situations in life, especially in the military that require being secretive or dishonest? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)