|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman is with Pitt when he wakes in Chapter Seven?
2. What is Pitt invited to do in Chapter Seven?
3. How is Pitt dressed when he goes to borrow one of Rondheim's boats?
4. Where does Pitt finally find initials carved?
5. What does the jet do when it gets close to Pitt and Hunnewell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
2. What do Pitt and those with him find when they get on a boat?
3. How does Pitt feel towards Sandecker and the Admiral towards Pitt?
4. Who shows up at the doctor's house where Pitt has been taken and what happens to them?
5. Who does Lt. Dover bring first to Koski and what does that person do? What is Koski's response?
6. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the embedded ship?
7. What does Pitt see coming near the helicopter and what happens to the helicopter after that?
8. What does Pitt do after he wakes up?
9. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
10. What situation is explained to Koski?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare and contrast the characters Dirk Pitt and Oskar Rondheim.
2. Compare and contrast the characters Tidi and Kirsti.
3. Compare and contrast the characters James Kelly and Sam Kelly.
Essay Topic 2
Hunnewell's death greatly affects Pitt, who feels he has lost a friend due to his own failures.
1. What does Pitt's believing his failure caused Hunnewell's death seem to suggest about his character? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. The above sentence suggest that Pitt and Hunnewell were friends. Discuss their friendship using examples from the text to illustrate your answer.
3. The death of a friend would affect anyone. Discuss how you think that would affect a person and what a person can do to deal with the grief.
Essay Topic 3
The contrast of an ancient plane beating the plans of a madman's computers is enjoyed by Pitt immensely.
1. Explain in detail, using examples, why you think Pitt enjoyed the irony in the above situation.
2. Discuss what irony is and why the above situation is an example of it.
3. Is the most modern technology always the best choice for solving a problem? Discuss why or why not this is true and a situation which illustrates your position.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)