|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt say is located at coordinates given to Koski?
2. What was Kirsti doing before Kristjan died?
3. How did Hunnewell feel about Fyrie?
4. What does the jet do when it gets close to Pitt and Hunnewell?
5. Who is Pitt's boss?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9 where is Pitt going, how is he dressed and who is with him?
2. What favor does Pitt ask of Rondheim and how does he respond?
3. What does Pitt do while Hunnewell probes the iceberg for the ship?
4. What situation is explained to Koski?
5. What had Fyrie's company invented and what did he plan to do with it?
6. How does Hunnewell feel about Fyrie and what does he tell Pitt about the man?
7. How does Pitt respond to Kirsti when she arrives at the restaurant?
8. Who is with Pitt when he awakens? How does he feel about her and she about him?
9. What happens to Pitt and Hunnewell immediately after the crash?
10. How does Pitt feel towards Sandecker and the Admiral towards Pitt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following to discuss:
1. Compare and contrast the characters Dirk Pitt and Oskar Rondheim.
2. Compare and contrast the characters Tidi and Kirsti.
3. Compare and contrast the characters James Kelly and Sam Kelly.
Essay Topic 2
The contrast of an ancient plane beating the plans of a madman's computers is enjoyed by Pitt immensely.
1. Explain in detail, using examples, why you think Pitt enjoyed the irony in the above situation.
2. Discuss what irony is and why the above situation is an example of it.
3. Is the most modern technology always the best choice for solving a problem? Discuss why or why not this is true and a situation which illustrates your position.
Essay Topic 3
Hunnewell's death greatly affects Pitt, who feels he has lost a friend due to his own failures.
1. What does Pitt's believing his failure caused Hunnewell's death seem to suggest about his character? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. The above sentence suggest that Pitt and Hunnewell were friends. Discuss their friendship using examples from the text to illustrate your answer.
3. The death of a friend would affect anyone. Discuss how you think that would affect a person and what a person can do to deal with the grief.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)