|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
2. What did Hunnewell say was one of the big changes in Fyrie's life?
3. Who is Pitt's boss?
4. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
5. What does Pitt say is located at coordinates given to Koski?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Koski suspicions when Pitt is being shown around the ship?
2. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the embedded ship?
3. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about Kristjan's twin sister?
4. What does Pitt see coming near the helicopter and what happens to the helicopter after that?
5. What favor does Pitt ask of Rondheim and how does he respond?
6. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about the Lax and what was on it?
7. What does Pitt do off the boat? What does Sandecker see? What does Pitt discover?
8. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
9. What allayed Koski's concerns about Pitt and Hunnewell?
10. What does Pitt do when James is talking? How does James respond?
Essay Topic 1
As they hash out the circumstances and evidence, it is clear there is a strong bond that runs deeper than Admiral and Major between the men. They trust each other's opinions, and respect the intelligence displayed there.
1. How do you think trust between two individuals is built? Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
2. Discuss what parts of Pitt's and Sandecker's conversation demonstrate their intelligence and why the reader can see that they both respect the other's intelligence.
3. What do you think the normal bond between a superior officer and a subordinate would look like? How does that compare with the bond between Pitt and Sandecker?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of one man making a difference is displayed here, as there is no one but Pitt who can save them all.
1. What do you think is meant by the theme expressed above?
2. Discuss and incident in depth you have seen or read about in which one person made a difference.
3. Although most people think of one person making a difference for the good of all, there have been many incidences in history in which one person made a negative impact. Discuss one of these people and how their character compared to Pitt's.
Essay Topic 3
Danger increases as the Pitt realizes he can't even trust his own military with the truth and must continue spinning lies to keep them off balance.
1. Discuss what has occurred in the first four chapters of the book that would make Pitt believe he can't trust the U.S. military.
2. Do you think the military can be trusted in real life? Why or why not?
3. Pitt seems to be fighting lies with lies? Does this seem to be the best way to go about this? Use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)