|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tidi recognize in the crowd?
(a) Mobsters from New York.
(b) Several individuals from the government.
(c) Several of the world's wealthiest men.
(d) A number of well known authors.
2. Who do Sandecker and Pitt visit in the hospital?
(a) All the survivors.
(b) Tidi and Lillie.
(c) Sam Cushman.
(d) Sam Kelly.
3. What does Rondheim intend to do that Kelly doesn't know?
(a) Kill Kirsti and take over her company after they are married.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Betray Hermit for his own purposes.
(d) Destroy the probe.
4. What does Pitt do at the home of the Icelander who found him?
(a) Calls Sandecker.
(b) Radioes Sandecker.
(c) Passes out.
(d) Sets up rescue efforts.
5. What did the vehicle bring that Pitt requested?
(b) Some flare bombs.
(c) A doctor.
(d) Machine guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does James think the U.S. government has failed America?
2. What type of aircraft does Pitt see at the airport?
3. How does Pitt feel towards Rondheim as he watches the rescue efforts?
4. What does Pitt enjoy about the rescue efforts?
5. What type of weather was coming in on the rescue efforts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man in Sandecker's office and what does he tell Pitt?
2. Where does Kirsti take Pitt at the party and what does Pitt do during the event?
3. What does Pitt realize as he is talking to Sandecker about rescue efforts?
4. What plane does Pitt see in the hanger and what is interesting about it?
5. Why was the crash site chosen? What does Pitt find out as he talks to the others?
6. What does Pitt see when he first wakes up after the poetry party?
7. What happened in the confrontation between Pitt and Lillie?
8. Where does Pitt go after their boating incident? Who takes him and how does Pitt feel about that person? Who does Pitt find?
9. Who is Pitt pleased to see on the rescue vehicle and what happens after Pitt boards?
10. What does Pitt do in order to get help?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)