|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt do at the beginning of the poetry reading?
(a) Flirts with Kirsti.
(b) Laughs at Rondheim.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Whispers with Lillie.
2. Why is Pitt angry at Lippman?
(a) That they killed all those people on board the Lax.
(b) That they waited so long and Rondheim got away.
(c) There were men on the iceberg that could have helped Hunnewell.
(d) They set him up without his knowldege.
3. What does James Kelly say he will do?
(a) Start civil war in many countries.
(b) Destroy the United States.
(c) Kill the United States congress and senate.
(d) Take over South America.
4. What corporation does James Kelly talk about?
(a) Fyrie Limited.
(b) Hermit Limited.
(c) South America Mining, Inc.
(d) Ocean Resources, Inc.
5. What does Rondheim do to Pitt?
(a) Breaks his arm.
(b) Beats Pitt severely.
(c) Injects him with poison.
(d) Takes him to South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Pitt do that no one else can as far as the events in Iceland?
2. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
3. What does Kippman tell Pitt and Sandecker?
4. What special items did the captain bring for Sam Kelly?
5. Who scratched his initials into the black jet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the pilot of the rescue vehicle and what did he bring with him?
2. What does Pitt realize as he is talking to Sandecker about rescue efforts?
3. How does Pitt feel about what happened to Sam Kelly and how does he feel towards Rondheim?
4. What does Rondheim ask Pitt and and do he and Tidi handle the question?
5. What happens right as Pitt is looking for a way to leave the trophy room?
6. Where is Sandecker at the beginning of Chapter 20; who is with him; and what does that person say?
7. Who is the man in Sandecker's office and what does he tell Pitt?
8. What does Pitt see when he first wakes up after the poetry party?
9. Why does Rondheim recite the Rime of the Ancient Mariner? What is Pitt's reaction?
10. Who is Pitt pleased to see on the rescue vehicle and what happens after Pitt boards?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)