|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt realize on his way back from the airport?
(a) Kirsti is not involved.
(b) The cab is going in the wrong direction.
(c) The worker at the airport lied.
(d) The black jet is military.
2. What does James Kelly hope to leave with his plans?
(a) A fortune for his children.
(b) The US in Mexico's control.
(c) A legacy.
(d) A world torn by strife.
3. What does Rondheim intend to do that Kelly doesn't know?
(a) Betray Hermit for his own purposes.
(b) Destroy the probe.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Kill Kirsti and take over her company after they are married.
4. How does Pitt feel towards many of the people on the plane?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is angry at them.
(c) He admires them.
(d) He is disgusted by them.
5. What does Pitt do at the home of the Icelander who found him?
(a) Radioes Sandecker.
(b) Sets up rescue efforts.
(c) Passes out.
(d) Calls Sandecker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pitt and the crew of the vehicle do?
2. Who is in Sandecker's office when Pitt arrives?
3. How does Pitt feel towards Rondheim as he watches the rescue efforts?
4. What corporation does James Kelly talk about?
5. What does Pitt realize as he talks to all the victims?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lands near the Andursson's home?
2. Where does Pitt go after their boating incident? Who takes him and how does Pitt feel about that person? Who does Pitt find?
3. What does Pitt see when he first wakes up after the poetry party?
4. What does Rondheim ask Pitt and and do he and Tidi handle the question?
5. What does the person at the hanger tell Pitt?
6. Who is the man in Sandecker's office and what does he tell Pitt?
7. Where is Sandecker at the beginning of Chapter 20; who is with him; and what does that person say?
8. Where does Kirsti take Pitt at the party and what does Pitt do during the event?
9. What does James Kelly explain to the group about Hermit Limited?
10. What happened in the confrontation between Pitt and Lillie?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)