|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was this site chosen for the people?
(a) It was close to town.
(b) It was where the plane crashed.
(c) So a rescue plane would never find them.
(d) It was the deepest ravine in the area.
2. What lands near the house where Pitt used the radio?
(a) A naval helicopter.
(b) Two glider planes.
(c) An army transport.
(d) The old plane from the hanger.
3. What does Pitt mention to Kelly that spoils his speech?
(a) That the Icelandic national guard are surrounding the place.
(b) That Rondheim killed Hunnewell.
(c) The Kirsti doesn't know how to use the probe.
(d) That the South American governments have been warned.
4. Why would someone be suspicious about the work on the jet?
(a) It was illegal.
(b) There was no reason to be suspicious.
(c) The work was very difficult.
(d) The person(s) ordering it wouldn't sign off on the paperwork.
5. By whom is the cab driver employed?
(b) The U.S. government.
(d) The Icelandic government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tidi recognize in the crowd?
2. What does Pitt learn that saddens him?
3. Who do Sandecker and Pitt visit in the hospital?
4. What special items did the captain bring for Sam Kelly?
5. Where are Pitt and the others when he wakes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James Kelly explain to the group about Hermit Limited?
2. What happens right as Pitt is looking for a way to leave the trophy room?
3. Where is Sandecker at the beginning of Chapter 20; who is with him; and what does that person say?
4. How does Pitt act when he first arrives at the party and how is he dressed?
5. Who is the man in Sandecker's office and what does he tell Pitt?
6. What does Sam Kelly ask his brother and what does his brother tell him?
7. How does Pitt feel about what happened to Sam Kelly and how does he feel towards Rondheim?
8. What does Pitt see when he first wakes up after the poetry party?
9. Who is Pitt pleased to see on the rescue vehicle and what happens after Pitt boards?
10. What plane does Pitt see in the hanger and what is interesting about it?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)