|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the vehicle bring that Pitt requested?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Some flare bombs.
(c) Machine guns.
2. Where does Pitt go at the airport?
(a) The military section.
(b) The terminal.
(c) General transient aviation hanger.
(d) The airport manager.
3. What does Pitt do at the home of the Icelander who found him?
(a) Passes out.
(b) Calls Sandecker.
(c) Radioes Sandecker.
(d) Sets up rescue efforts.
4. How many of the men in the room are in cahoots with Rondheim?
(c) All of them.
5. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
(a) Kirsti's personal assistant asked to have work done on it.
(b) Two men who acted strangely had work done.
(c) A man and a woman had the job done.
(d) Rondheim's personal assistant asked for the work.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom is the cab driver employed?
2. What special items did the captain bring for Sam Kelly?
3. What happens to Pitt right after the poetry reading?
4. Who is Dean Kippman?
5. What words does Pitt give Rondheim to finish the poem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Sandecker at the beginning of Chapter 20; who is with him; and what does that person say?
2. What happens right as Pitt is looking for a way to leave the trophy room?
3. Who is the man in Sandecker's office and what does he tell Pitt?
4. Who is Pitt pleased to see on the rescue vehicle and what happens after Pitt boards?
5. What does Pitt see when he first wakes up after the poetry party?
6. What does Kippman reveal about Hermit Limited?
7. Why was the crash site chosen? What does Pitt find out as he talks to the others?
8. Who is the pilot of the rescue vehicle and what did he bring with him?
9. What does Sam Kelly ask his brother and what does his brother tell him?
10. What does Pitt do when James is talking? How does James respond?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)