|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James Kelly say he will do?
(a) Take over South America.
(b) Destroy the United States.
(c) Kill the United States congress and senate.
(d) Start civil war in many countries.
2. Where are Pitt and the others when he wakes?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In a ravine.
(d) In a forest.
3. What has been formed in South America that concerns the cab driver?
(a) A large manufacturing firm spanning the entire continent.
(b) A giant mining syndicate.
(c) A guerrilla army from five different companies.
(d) Three new governemnts.
4. What happens to Pitt right after the poetry reading?
(a) He is hit over the head and knocked unconscious.
(b) Someone puts a gun in his back.
(c) He returns to the motel.
(d) Kirsti takes him outside to talk to him.
5. Who is the first person Pitt sees when he wakes after the beating?
(b) Sam Kelly.
(d) James Lillie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What corporation does James Kelly talk about?
2. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
3. What does Pitt do at the home of the Icelander who found him?
4. Who do Sandecker and Pitt visit in the hospital?
5. Who is in Sandecker's office when Pitt arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pitt realize as he is talking to Sandecker about rescue efforts?
2. Why does Rondheim recite the Rime of the Ancient Mariner? What is Pitt's reaction?
3. Who is Pitt pleased to see on the rescue vehicle and what happens after Pitt boards?
4. What lands near the Andursson's home?
5. What happens right as Pitt is looking for a way to leave the trophy room?
6. What does Pitt see when he first wakes up after the poetry party?
7. Where does Pitt go after their boating incident? Who takes him and how does Pitt feel about that person? Who does Pitt find?
8. How does Pitt feel about what happened to Sam Kelly and how does he feel towards Rondheim?
9. Why was the crash site chosen? What does Pitt find out as he talks to the others?
10. What does the person at the hanger tell Pitt?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)