|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pitt and the others do after they return Rondheim's boat?
(a) Go to lunch.
(b) Go to Kirsti's office.
(c) Go to their motel.
(d) Go confront Rondheim.
2. What is Pitt wearing to the party?
(a) A pink jump suit with lace.
(b) Green polyester suit.
(c) Red velvet.
(d) A black velvet tuxedo.
3. Why do people give Rondheim bits of poems?
(a) He claims to be able to recite any poem.
(b) So he can tell them the author.
(c) So he can make a new poem from it.
(d) So he can tell them the author's name, date of birth and death.
4. Why would someone be suspicious about the work on the jet?
(a) The person(s) ordering it wouldn't sign off on the paperwork.
(b) It was illegal.
(c) The work was very difficult.
(d) There was no reason to be suspicious.
5. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
(a) Two men who acted strangely had work done.
(b) Kirsti's personal assistant asked to have work done on it.
(c) Rondheim's personal assistant asked for the work.
(d) A man and a woman had the job done.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pitt feel towards Rondheim as he watches the rescue efforts?
2. Who is Dean Kippman?
3. Who does James Kelly say can run the sea probe besides Hunnewell?
4. When were the people injured?
5. What does James Kelly hope to leave with his plans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the man in Sandecker's office and what does he tell Pitt?
2. Why was the crash site chosen? What does Pitt find out as he talks to the others?
3. Where is Sandecker at the beginning of Chapter 20; who is with him; and what does that person say?
4. What happens right as Pitt is looking for a way to leave the trophy room?
5. Where does Pitt go after their boating incident? Who takes him and how does Pitt feel about that person? Who does Pitt find?
6. What does Pitt realize as he is talking to Sandecker about rescue efforts?
7. How does Pitt feel about what happened to Sam Kelly and how does he feel towards Rondheim?
8. What happened in the confrontation between Pitt and Lillie?
9. How does Pitt act when he first arrives at the party and how is he dressed?
10. What plane does Pitt see in the hanger and what is interesting about it?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)