|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
(a) Drill a hole in the ice and place a charge.
(b) Throw up from being sea sick.
(c) Slips and almost falls.
(d) Takes a number of photographs.
2. Who visits Pitt where he is staying right after the crash?
(a) Two Icelandic state troopers.
(b) Icelandic national security agents.
(c) Icelandic navy personnel.
(d) Two men.
3. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
(a) She's two years older than him.
(b) She's younger.
(c) They're twins.
(d) She's five years older.
4. Why do Pitt and Hunnewell depart in the helicopter?
(a) To find the Chinese submarine.
(b) To find the burned out ship.
(c) To recon ahead.
(d) To check out the helicopter's engines.
5. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
(a) He likes the way he treats Kirsti.
(b) He thinks he's interesting.
(c) He dislikes him immediately.
(d) He thinks he's funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sandecker send Pitt to find?
2. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the surface of the iceberg?
3. Why is Pitt on this mission?
4. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
5. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pitt do after he wakes up?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9 where is Pitt going, how is he dressed and who is with him?
3. What happens to Pitt and Hunnewell immediately after the crash?
4. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
5. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
6. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
7. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when the cutter gets close to the iceberg?
8. What does Pitt see coming near the helicopter and what happens to the helicopter after that?
9. How does Hunnewell feel about Fyrie and what does he tell Pitt about the man?
10. How does Pitt respond to Kirsti when she arrives at the restaurant?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)