|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell Pitt about his visitors?
(a) They are imposters.
(b) They want to arrest Pitt.
(c) They speak no English.
(d) They want to know where Hunnewell went.
2. What is one of the mysteries Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Where the probe is now.
(b) Where Hunnewell got his information.
(c) How the burned ship was put in the iceberg.
(d) Who killed Kristjan.
3. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
(a) They're twins.
(b) She's five years older.
(c) She's two years older than him.
(d) She's younger.
4. What does Pitt do before the helicopter crashes?
(a) Call in for help.
(b) Makes the jet crash.
(c) Push Hunnewell out the door.
(d) Shoots the jet.
5. From what authority does Koski receive a message?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) The Joint Chief of Staff.
(c) Admiral Sandecker.
(d) The Director of the NSA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman is with Pitt when he wakes in Chapter Seven?
2. How does Koski feel when he finds out the ship is not a Russian trawler?
3. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
4. How does Pitt feel following the crash?
5. What type of power does the sea probe use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in Question #1 do about their find? Who sees them do this?
2. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when the cutter gets close to the iceberg?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9 where is Pitt going, how is he dressed and who is with him?
4. What are Pitt and Hunnewell discussing as they fly towards Reykjavik in Chapter 5?
5. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
6. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when they depart the first iceberg? What does Pitt think when they land?
7. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
8. What does Pitt do off the boat? What does Sandecker see? What does Pitt discover?
9. What does Pitt do after he wakes up?
10. Who does Lt. Dover bring first to Koski and what does that person do? What is Koski's response?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)