|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Change course.
(b) Radio Washington.
(c) Put them in the brig.
(d) Let them know in a couple of hours his decision.
2. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) Chinese soldiers.
(b) Russian soldiers.
(c) French scientists.
(d) American naval personnel.
3. What does the plane do when the crew sees something unusual in one of the icebergs?
(a) Drop a bomb.
(b) Radio to Dirk Pitt.
(c) Returns to its ship.
(d) Flies lower.
4. What is one of the mysteries Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Where the probe is now.
(b) Where Hunnewell got his information.
(c) Who killed Kristjan.
(d) How the burned ship was put in the iceberg.
5. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
(d) The North Pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Sandecker to believe they have been spotted?
2. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
3. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
4. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
5. What is obvious when they find the ship in the iceberg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about Kristjan's twin sister?
2. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
3. What does Pitt do off the boat? What does Sandecker see? What does Pitt discover?
4. Who is with Pitt when he awakens? How does he feel about her and she about him?
5. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the embedded ship?
6. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
7. How does Hunnewell feel about Fyrie and what does he tell Pitt about the man?
8. What had Fyrie's company invented and what did he plan to do with it?
9. What are Pitt and Hunnewell discussing as they fly towards Reykjavik in Chapter 5?
10. Where is Pitt when he awakens after leaving the doctor's village?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)