|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Pitt and his boss feel about his immediate plans?
(a) They must be kept top secret.
(c) Ready to go.
(d) They will take about a week to implement.
2. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
(a) Throw up from being sea sick.
(b) Slips and almost falls.
(c) Takes a number of photographs.
(d) Drill a hole in the ice and place a charge.
3. Who visits Pitt where he is staying right after the crash?
(a) Icelandic navy personnel.
(b) Two Icelandic state troopers.
(c) Icelandic national security agents.
(d) Two men.
4. The morning after Pitt arrives on the cutter where does Dover take him and Hunnewell?
(a) To the helicopter pad.
(b) To the brig.
(c) To the bridge.
(d) To the mess.
5. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
(b) Burnt oil.
(d) Beef stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
2. What did Hunnewell say Pitt didn't tell Koski about the discovery Fyrie made?
3. How does Rondheim feel about Pitt when they meet?
4. What does Sandecker do at the restaurant before Kirsti arrives?
5. How does Pitt feel following the crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
2. What does Pitt see coming near the helicopter and what happens to the helicopter after that?
3. What do Pitt and those with him find when they get on a boat?
4. What had Fyrie's company invented and what did he plan to do with it?
5. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when the cutter gets close to the iceberg?
6. What situation is explained to Koski?
7. How does Pitt respond to Kirsti when she arrives at the restaurant?
8. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
9. Where is Pitt when he awakens after leaving the doctor's village?
10. How does Hunnewell feel about Fyrie and what does he tell Pitt about the man?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)