|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of boat are they directed to at the dock?
(a) An inflatable raft.
(b) A modern craft.
(c) A dinghy.
(d) A derelict.
2. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Pitt and Hunnewell are questioned.
(b) There is no confrontation.
(c) Hunnewell turns Pitt over to them.
(d) Pitt shoots one of them.
3. What does Pitt do after he wakes?
(a) Calls Hildbaum in San Diego.
(b) Calls Blackburn in New York.
(c) Gets cleaned up in fresh clothes.
(d) Calls Sandecker in Washington.
4. What is Pitt invited to do in Chapter Seven?
(a) Speak to a group of Icelandic seamen.
(b) Play golf with Sandecker.
(c) Dine with Kirsti.
(d) Fly to Paris with Roberts.
5. What does Sandecker do at the restaurant before Kirsti arrives?
(a) Reviews what they know about Kirsti.
(b) Tells Tidi to order for him while he makes a call.
(c) Asks about the helicopter crash.
(d) Has Pitt call Koski.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Koski feel about Pitt after talking with him?
2. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
3. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
4. How did Hunnewell feel about Fyrie?
5. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situation is explained to Koski?
2. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about Kristjan's twin sister?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9 where is Pitt going, how is he dressed and who is with him?
4. What allayed Koski's concerns about Pitt and Hunnewell?
5. What does Pitt do while Hunnewell probes the iceberg for the ship?
6. What causes Koski suspicions when Pitt is being shown around the ship?
7. Who is with Pitt when he awakens? How does he feel about her and she about him?
8. What does Pitt do off the boat? What does Sandecker see? What does Pitt discover?
9. Where is Pitt when he awakens after leaving the doctor's village?
10. How does Hunnewell feel about Fyrie and what does he tell Pitt about the man?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)