|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
(a) On the ship, the Lax.
(b) On a plane that landed in Belgium.
(c) Being used on a Russian vessel.
(d) In Kristjan's warehouse.
2. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops a red dye flare on it.
(b) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(c) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(d) Drops a homing beacon on it.
3. What is another mystery about the probe Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Who has it.
(b) When the probe disappeared.
(c) Who would want the probe.
(d) Who is able to run the probe.
4. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
(d) The North Pole.
5. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) American naval personnel.
(b) Chinese soldiers.
(c) Russian soldiers.
(d) French scientists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
2. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
3. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
4. Why does Pitt meet with an Admiral after he wakes?
5. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Pitt go after their boating incident? Who takes him and how does Pitt feel about that person? Who does Pitt find?
2. What does Pitt do when James is talking? How does James respond?
3. What does James Kelly explain to the group about Hermit Limited?
4. Why does Rondheim recite the Rime of the Ancient Mariner? What is Pitt's reaction?
5. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about the Lax and what was on it?
6. How does Hunnewell feel about Fyrie and what does he tell Pitt about the man?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 9 where is Pitt going, how is he dressed and who is with him?
8. What favor does Pitt ask of Rondheim and how does he respond?
9. What had Fyrie's company invented and what did he plan to do with it?
10. What does Pitt do while Hunnewell probes the iceberg for the ship?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)