|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pitt and Kirsti do at first at the table in the restaurant?
(a) Exchange sarcasm.
(c) Ignore each other.
(d) Talk about the probe.
2. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) About five minutes away from the cutter.
(b) Right before landing on an iceberg.
(c) Right after taking off from the cutter.
(d) While flying to the second iceberg.
3. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Dirk Pitt.
(b) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
(c) Commander Koski.
(d) Two unidentified men.
4. What is obvious when they find the ship in the iceberg?
(a) It is not a Russian spy ship.
(b) Only about three crew members died.
(c) A fire killed everyone aboard instantly.
(d) The crew all left before the ship sunk.
5. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
(a) Hanging onto the floating helicopter.
(b) Washed up on the beach.
(c) In a hospital in Reykjavik.
(d) On a Russian trawler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt take from the men?
2. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
3. What does the doctor tell Pitt about his visitors?
4. How does Koski feel about Pitt after talking with him?
5. What does Pitt tell Rondheim he does for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9 where is Pitt going, how is he dressed and who is with him?
2. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
3. What happens to Pitt and Hunnewell immediately after the crash?
4. What are Pitt and Hunnewell discussing as they fly towards Reykjavik in Chapter 5?
5. What does Pitt do after he wakes up?
6. What does Pitt do while Hunnewell probes the iceberg for the ship?
7. Who shows up at the doctor's house where Pitt has been taken and what happens to them?
8. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
9. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the embedded ship?
10. What causes Koski suspicions when Pitt is being shown around the ship?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)