|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hunnewell do after they land on the iceberg?
(a) Sets up radio communications.
(b) Drinks some hot coffee.
(c) Talks to the men in navy jumpsuits.
(d) Probes for the ship.
2. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
(a) In a hospital in Reykjavik.
(b) Hanging onto the floating helicopter.
(c) On a Russian trawler.
(d) Washed up on the beach.
3. What does the plane do when the crew sees something unusual in one of the icebergs?
(a) Drop a bomb.
(b) Flies lower.
(c) Returns to its ship.
(d) Radio to Dirk Pitt.
4. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(b) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(c) Drops a homing beacon on it.
(d) Drops a red dye flare on it.
5. How does Koski feel when he finds out the ship is not a Russian trawler?
Short Answer Questions
1. How well known was Kirsti before Kristjan died?
2. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
3. Why is Pitt on this mission?
4. How does Rondheim feel about Pitt when they meet?
5. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Pitt ask of Rondheim and how does he respond?
2. How does Pitt feel towards Sandecker and the Admiral towards Pitt?
3. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
4. How does Hunnewell feel about Fyrie and what does he tell Pitt about the man?
5. What causes Koski suspicions when Pitt is being shown around the ship?
6. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when they depart the first iceberg? What does Pitt think when they land?
7. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
8. What had Fyrie's company invented and what did he plan to do with it?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 9 where is Pitt going, how is he dressed and who is with him?
10. What does Pitt see coming near the helicopter and what happens to the helicopter after that?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)