|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pitt surface after finally finding the jet?
(a) The water is very cold.
(b) His tank has run out of air.
(c) There are too many sharks.
(d) He needs more weight on his weight belt.
2. What kind of boat are they directed to at the dock?
(a) A dinghy.
(b) An inflatable raft.
(c) A modern craft.
(d) A derelict.
3. What could the sea probe Fyrie's company discovered do?
(a) Find any sunken ship.
(b) Find pockets of magnum.
(c) Find fresh water pockets.
(d) Find anything on the bottom of the ocean.
4. What does the doctor tell Pitt about his visitors?
(a) They are imposters.
(b) They want to arrest Pitt.
(c) They want to know where Hunnewell went.
(d) They speak no English.
5. Why do Pitt and Hunnewell depart in the helicopter?
(a) To find the Chinese submarine.
(b) To recon ahead.
(c) To find the burned out ship.
(d) To check out the helicopter's engines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
2. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
3. What woman is with Pitt when he wakes in Chapter Seven?
4. What did Hunnewell say Pitt didn't tell Koski about the discovery Fyrie made?
5. Where is Pitt when he wakes up the morning after he crashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pitt see coming near the helicopter and what happens to the helicopter after that?
2. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when they depart the first iceberg? What does Pitt think when they land?
3. What do Pitt and those with him find when they get on a boat?
4. Who shows up at the doctor's house where Pitt has been taken and what happens to them?
5. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
6. What are Pitt and Hunnewell discussing as they fly towards Reykjavik in Chapter 5?
7. What does Pitt do while Hunnewell probes the iceberg for the ship?
8. Who is with Pitt when he awakens? How does he feel about her and she about him?
9. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
10. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)