|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the surface of the iceberg?
(a) A small camp with tents.
(b) Two seal cubs.
(c) A machine gun.
(d) An ice tunnel.
2. Who visits Pitt where he is staying right after the crash?
(a) Icelandic navy personnel.
(b) Two Icelandic state troopers.
(c) Two men.
(d) Icelandic national security agents.
3. What does Koski tell his Executive Officer?
(a) To bring the helicopter pilot and passenger to the Officer's Mess.
(b) To arrest the people on the helicopter.
(c) He doesn't tell his XO anything.
(d) To bring the helicopter occupants to the bridge.
4. What kind of markings does the black jet Pitt sees approaching them have?
5. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
(a) He operates outside normal rules and regulations.
(b) He has no regard for anyone's safety.
(c) He can be pushed around by others.
(d) He is patient and gentle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after Pitt arrives on the cutter where does Dover take him and Hunnewell?
2. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
3. What is the Coast Guard plane doing at the beginning of this novel?
4. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
5. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9 where is Pitt going, how is he dressed and who is with him?
3. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
4. Describe the scene between Pitt and the boat chasing him.
5. Who shows up at the doctor's house where Pitt has been taken and what happens to them?
6. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about Kristjan's twin sister?
7. Where is Pitt when he awakens after leaving the doctor's village?
8. What allayed Koski's concerns about Pitt and Hunnewell?
9. Who does Lt. Dover bring first to Koski and what does that person do? What is Koski's response?
10. What are Pitt and Hunnewell discussing as they fly towards Reykjavik in Chapter 5?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)