|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of markings does Pitt find on the jet?
(a) A call sign and the flag of Iceland.
(c) A call sign and a woman's name painted on the wing.
(d) Two eagles painted on the top side.
2. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Commander Koski.
(b) Two unidentified men.
(c) Dirk Pitt.
(d) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
3. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
(a) A mastodon.
(b) An American and French flag.
(c) A burned out ship.
(d) Some frozen people.
4. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
(a) They've been set up.
(b) They are on the wrong side of the iceberg.
(c) Hunnewell is a Russian agent.
(d) The radio won't work there.
5. What is one of the mysteries Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Who killed Kristjan.
(b) Where the probe is now.
(c) How the burned ship was put in the iceberg.
(d) Where Hunnewell got his information.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pitt dressed when he goes to borrow one of Rondheim's boats?
2. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
3. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
4. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
5. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
2. What do the people in Question #1 do about their find? Who sees them do this?
3. Where is Pitt when he awakens after leaving the doctor's village?
4. Who is on patrol in the beginning of the book and what do they find?
5. What favor does Pitt ask of Rondheim and how does he respond?
6. What does Pitt see coming near the helicopter and what happens to the helicopter after that?
7. Who is with Pitt when he awakens? How does he feel about her and she about him?
8. What does Koski tell his subordinate to do about the new people on his ship? Why is Koski puzzled?
9. What causes Koski suspicions when Pitt is being shown around the ship?
10. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when the cutter gets close to the iceberg?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)