|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads Sandecker to believe they have been spotted?
(a) Lights flashing Morse code.
(c) A flash of binoculars.
(d) Another boat passed close by.
2. What kind of markings does Pitt find on the jet?
(b) A call sign and the flag of Iceland.
(c) A call sign and a woman's name painted on the wing.
(d) Two eagles painted on the top side.
3. What kind of markings does the black jet Pitt sees approaching them have?
4. What do Pitt and Kirsti do at first at the table in the restaurant?
(a) Talk about the probe.
(b) Exchange sarcasm.
(d) Ignore each other.
5. What does Pitt's boss say about his desire to solve the mystery?
(a) Absolutely not.
(b) Finally relents.
(c) He will go with Pitt.
(d) He will think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kirsti do about the company after Kristjan died?
2. What could the sea probe Fyrie's company discovered do?
3. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
4. What was Fyrie going to do with his sea probe?
5. Why do Pitt and Hunnewell depart in the helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Pitt when he awakens after leaving the doctor's village?
2. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
3. What does Pitt do after he wakes up?
4. What does Pitt do off the boat? What does Sandecker see? What does Pitt discover?
5. What does Koski tell his subordinate to do about the new people on his ship? Why is Koski puzzled?
6. What happens to Pitt and Hunnewell immediately after the crash?
7. Who does Lt. Dover bring first to Koski and what does that person do? What is Koski's response?
8. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
9. What does Pitt do while Hunnewell probes the iceberg for the ship?
10. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the embedded ship?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)