|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Put them in the brig.
(b) Change course.
(c) Let them know in a couple of hours his decision.
(d) Radio Washington.
2. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
(a) He's angry and wants revenge.
(b) He is curious.
(c) He owes it to Hunnewell.
(d) So people might get killed.
3. Who did Sandecker send Pitt to find?
(a) Kristjan Fyrie.
(b) Kirsti Fyrie.
(c) A Russian spy the ship was bringing to the U.S.
(d) The captain of the ship.
4. How does Koski feel when he finds out the ship is not a Russian trawler?
5. What kind of markings does the black jet Pitt sees approaching them have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
2. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
3. What is the Coast Guard plane doing at the beginning of this novel?
4. How does Rondheim feel about the way Pitt is behaving at the restaurant?
5. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in Question #1 do about their find? Who sees them do this?
2. What does the person at the hanger tell Pitt?
3. What causes Koski suspicions when Pitt is being shown around the ship?
4. How does Hunnewell feel about Fyrie and what does he tell Pitt about the man?
5. What does Pitt do while Hunnewell probes the iceberg for the ship?
6. What does Rondheim ask Pitt and and do he and Tidi handle the question?
7. Why was the crash site chosen? What does Pitt find out as he talks to the others?
8. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when they depart the first iceberg? What does Pitt think when they land?
9. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
10. Who does Lt. Dover bring first to Koski and what does that person do? What is Koski's response?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)