|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
(a) For not pushing Koski harder for a decision.
(b) For lying to Koski.
(c) For flying there in a storm.
(d) For threatening Koski.
2. Which Admiral is with Pitt when he wakes?
3. How do Pitt and his boss feel about his immediate plans?
(a) Ready to go.
(b) They will take about a week to implement.
(d) They must be kept top secret.
4. What does Koski tell his Executive Officer?
(a) He doesn't tell his XO anything.
(b) To bring the helicopter pilot and passenger to the Officer's Mess.
(c) To arrest the people on the helicopter.
(d) To bring the helicopter occupants to the bridge.
5. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops a homing beacon on it.
(b) Drops a red dye flare on it.
(c) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(d) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hunnewell say to Pitt after the crash?
2. What does the plane do when the crew sees something unusual in one of the icebergs?
3. How is Pitt dressed when he goes to borrow one of Rondheim's boats?
4. What does Pitt's boss say about his desire to solve the mystery?
5. What does Pitt find that isn't part of the jet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is on patrol in the beginning of the book and what do they find?
2. What situation is explained to Koski?
3. What do the people in Question #1 do about their find? Who sees them do this?
4. What does Pitt realize as he is talking to Sandecker about rescue efforts?
5. Why does Rondheim recite the Rime of the Ancient Mariner? What is Pitt's reaction?
6. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
7. Who is Pitt pleased to see on the rescue vehicle and what happens after Pitt boards?
8. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 9 where is Pitt going, how is he dressed and who is with him?
10. Who is the pilot of the rescue vehicle and what did he bring with him?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)