|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what authority does Koski receive a message?
(a) The Director of the NSA.
(b) The Joint Chief of Staff.
(c) Admiral Sandecker.
(d) The President of the United States.
2. What do Pitt and Kirsti do at first at the table in the restaurant?
(b) Talk about the probe.
(c) Exchange sarcasm.
(d) Ignore each other.
3. The morning after Pitt arrives on the cutter where does Dover take him and Hunnewell?
(a) To the brig.
(b) To the helicopter pad.
(c) To the bridge.
(d) To the mess.
4. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
(a) A sealed envelope.
(b) A small, locked metal box.
(c) A cassette tape.
(d) A piece of paper.
5. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
(a) He owes it to Hunnewell.
(b) He's angry and wants revenge.
(c) So people might get killed.
(d) He is curious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
2. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
3. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
4. What does the jet do when it gets close to Pitt and Hunnewell?
5. Where is Pitt when he wakes up the morning after he crashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hunnewell feel about Fyrie and what does he tell Pitt about the man?
2. What are Pitt and Hunnewell discussing as they fly towards Reykjavik in Chapter 5?
3. How does Pitt feel towards Sandecker and the Admiral towards Pitt?
4. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
5. What favor does Pitt ask of Rondheim and how does he respond?
6. What does Koski tell his subordinate to do about the new people on his ship? Why is Koski puzzled?
7. Who is with Pitt when he awakens? How does he feel about her and she about him?
8. Who is on patrol in the beginning of the book and what do they find?
9. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when the cutter gets close to the iceberg?
10. What do the people in Question #1 do about their find? Who sees them do this?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)