|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
(a) She's two years older than him.
(b) She's younger.
(c) She's five years older.
(d) They're twins.
2. What does Hunnewell say to Pitt after the crash?
(a) I'm hurt bad.
(b) Find Kirsti.
(c) Find the sea probe.
(d) God save thee.
3. What is obvious when they find the ship in the iceberg?
(a) The crew all left before the ship sunk.
(b) It is not a Russian spy ship.
(c) Only about three crew members died.
(d) A fire killed everyone aboard instantly.
4. Why do Pitt and Hunnewell depart in the helicopter?
(a) To find the burned out ship.
(b) To recon ahead.
(c) To check out the helicopter's engines.
(d) To find the Chinese submarine.
5. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
(a) He is patient and gentle.
(b) He operates outside normal rules and regulations.
(c) He can be pushed around by others.
(d) He has no regard for anyone's safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boat are they directed to at the dock?
2. What leads Sandecker to believe they have been spotted?
3. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
4. What could the sea probe Fyrie's company discovered do?
5. Who did Sandecker send Pitt to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pitt do while Hunnewell probes the iceberg for the ship?
2. How does Hunnewell feel about Fyrie and what does he tell Pitt about the man?
3. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
4. Who is with Pitt when he awakens? How does he feel about her and she about him?
5. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about Kristjan's twin sister?
6. What happens to Pitt and Hunnewell immediately after the crash?
7. What does Koski tell his subordinate to do about the new people on his ship? Why is Koski puzzled?
8. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
9. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the embedded ship?
10. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when the cutter gets close to the iceberg?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)