|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) Russian soldiers.
(b) French scientists.
(c) Chinese soldiers.
(d) American naval personnel.
2. Where does Pitt finally find initials carved?
(a) On the rear door.
(b) On the arm of the co-pilot's seat.
(c) On the pilot's seat.
(d) On the hydraulic shock absorber.
3. What does Pitt don to explore the wreck of the jet?
(a) Bathing suit.
(b) He goes in a diving bell.
(c) He strips.
(d) A wetsuit.
4. What do Pitt and Sandecker discover once on the boat they chose?
(a) It doesn't have a ship to shore radio.
(b) It has a small hole in the hull.
(c) It has a powerful engine and electronics.
(d) It is more suited to a lake.
5. What does Hunnewell do after they land on the iceberg?
(a) Talks to the men in navy jumpsuits.
(b) Probes for the ship.
(c) Drinks some hot coffee.
(d) Sets up radio communications.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
2. What does the doctor tell Pitt about his visitors?
3. What does Hunnewell say to Pitt after the crash?
4. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
5. Why does Pitt surface after finally finding the jet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What situation is explained to Koski?
2. What happens to Pitt and Hunnewell immediately after the crash?
3. Who shows up at the doctor's house where Pitt has been taken and what happens to them?
4. What causes Koski suspicions when Pitt is being shown around the ship?
5. How does Pitt feel towards Sandecker and the Admiral towards Pitt?
6. Who does Lt. Dover bring first to Koski and what does that person do? What is Koski's response?
7. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about the Lax and what was on it?
8. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
9. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
10. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the embedded ship?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)