|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt do after he wakes?
(a) Calls Blackburn in New York.
(b) Gets cleaned up in fresh clothes.
(c) Calls Hildbaum in San Diego.
(d) Calls Sandecker in Washington.
2. What does Pitt say is located at coordinates given to Koski?
(a) A Chinese submarine.
(b) A Navy battleship.
(c) Another Coast Guard ship in distress.
(d) An important iceberg.
3. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
(a) He owes it to Hunnewell.
(b) He's angry and wants revenge.
(c) He is curious.
(d) So people might get killed.
4. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) Right after taking off from the cutter.
(b) While flying to the second iceberg.
(c) About five minutes away from the cutter.
(d) Right before landing on an iceberg.
5. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
(a) Sleeps on the deck.
(b) Goes in the galley and makes lunch.
(c) Dresses in his clothes and pretends to be him.
(d) Does her needlepoint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
2. What did Hunnewell say was one of the big changes in Fyrie's life?
3. Why does Pitt meet with an Admiral after he wakes?
4. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
5. What does Pitt find in the jet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is with Pitt when he awakens? How does he feel about her and she about him?
2. What does Pitt do after he wakes up?
3. What does Pitt see coming near the helicopter and what happens to the helicopter after that?
4. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when the cutter gets close to the iceberg?
5. What are Pitt and Hunnewell discussing as they fly towards Reykjavik in Chapter 5?
6. What do Pitt and those with him find when they get on a boat?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 9 where is Pitt going, how is he dressed and who is with him?
8. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
9. What does Pitt do off the boat? What does Sandecker see? What does Pitt discover?
10. How does Pitt feel towards Sandecker and the Admiral towards Pitt?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)