|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
(b) Burnt oil.
(d) Beef stew.
2. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
(a) A sealed envelope.
(b) A cassette tape.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) A small, locked metal box.
3. What does Koski tell his Executive Officer?
(a) To arrest the people on the helicopter.
(b) To bring the helicopter pilot and passenger to the Officer's Mess.
(c) He doesn't tell his XO anything.
(d) To bring the helicopter occupants to the bridge.
4. What does Pitt say is located at coordinates given to Koski?
(a) Another Coast Guard ship in distress.
(b) A Chinese submarine.
(c) A Navy battleship.
(d) An important iceberg.
5. How does Pitt feel following the crash?
(a) Happy to be alive.
(d) Deeply depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt do after seeing Koski?
2. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
3. From what authority does Koski receive a message?
4. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
5. What does Pitt don to explore the wreck of the jet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What allayed Koski's concerns about Pitt and Hunnewell?
2. Who is Lee Koski and what is he watching on his deck during a storm?
3. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about the Lax and what was on it?
4. What does Koski tell his subordinate to do about the new people on his ship? Why is Koski puzzled?
5. Describe the scene between Pitt and the boat chasing him.
6. How does Pitt feel towards Sandecker and the Admiral towards Pitt?
7. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when the cutter gets close to the iceberg?
8. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about Kristjan's twin sister?
9. What does Sandecker order Pitt and how does he respond?
10. What had Fyrie's company invented and what did he plan to do with it?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)