|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pitt invited to do in Chapter Seven?
(a) Speak to a group of Icelandic seamen.
(b) Play golf with Sandecker.
(c) Dine with Kirsti.
(d) Fly to Paris with Roberts.
2. What happens to Hunnewell as a result of the crash?
(a) He loses his leg.
(b) He has a concussion.
(c) He is paralyzed.
(d) He dies.
3. How does Koski feel when he finds out the ship is not a Russian trawler?
4. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
(a) A piece of paper.
(b) A small, locked metal box.
(c) A cassette tape.
(d) A sealed envelope.
5. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
(a) On the ship, the Lax.
(b) Being used on a Russian vessel.
(c) In Kristjan's warehouse.
(d) On a plane that landed in Belgium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
2. What does Pitt do before the helicopter crashes?
3. What does Pitt find that isn't part of the jet?
4. What is obvious when they find the ship in the iceberg?
5. What are Pitt's next orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pitt do when Rondheim joins them and how does Rondheim respond?
2. What does Sandecker tell Pitt about Kristjan's twin sister?
3. What does Koski tell his subordinate to do about the new people on his ship? Why is Koski puzzled?
4. Who shows up at the doctor's house where Pitt has been taken and what happens to them?
5. What happens to Pitt and Hunnewell immediately after the crash?
6. What allayed Koski's concerns about Pitt and Hunnewell?
7. Where is Pitt when he awakens after leaving the doctor's village?
8. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when the cutter gets close to the iceberg?
9. What do Pitt and Hunnewell do when they depart the first iceberg? What does Pitt think when they land?
10. What does Pitt do while Hunnewell probes the iceberg for the ship?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)