|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Pitt right after the poetry reading?
(a) He returns to the motel.
(b) Kirsti takes him outside to talk to him.
(c) He is hit over the head and knocked unconscious.
(d) Someone puts a gun in his back.
2. What do Pitt and the crew of the vehicle do?
(a) Start to build a path into the ravine.
(b) Load the survivors.
(c) Wait for the paramedics.
(d) Drop food and medicine in the ravine.
3. What type of weather was coming in on the rescue efforts?
(a) Sunny and warm.
(b) Very bad weather.
(c) The weather won't change for a couple of days.
(d) Snow begins to fall.
4. Two men ask Kirsti what?
(a) If Lillie has been found.
(b) If Rondheim wants Pitt killed.
(c) If Sandecker is here.
(d) If Tidi has been secured.
5. What does Pitt do with Tidi?
(a) Takes her to Sam Kelly.
(b) Carries her out of the ravine.
(c) Puts her in the plane on a seat.
(d) Lays her next to Lillie.
6. What does Pitt tell Sandecker when he arrives?
(a) He has no broken bones.
(b) He has told them he can't help.
(c) He's already agreed to help.
(d) He will be fine.
7. What does Pitt hear when he wakes up?
(a) Tidi's voice.
(b) A dog barking.
(c) A jet plane.
8. What does Pitt realize as he and Tidi mingle with the guests?
(a) Kirsti isn't around.
(b) He is well liked.
(c) He will find his answers tonight.
(d) He's not welcomed there.
9. Why is Pitt angry at Lippman?
(a) That they waited so long and Rondheim got away.
(b) There were men on the iceberg that could have helped Hunnewell.
(c) That they killed all those people on board the Lax.
(d) They set him up without his knowldege.
10. By whom is the cab driver employed?
(c) The Icelandic government.
(d) The U.S. government.
11. Where does the captain take the vehicle with Pitt?
(a) To pick up Sandecker.
(b) To the navy base on the ocean.
(c) To land near the ravine.
(d) To the hospital.
12. Who does Tidi recognize in the crowd?
(a) A number of well known authors.
(b) Several individuals from the government.
(c) Several of the world's wealthiest men.
(d) Mobsters from New York.
13. Who was the man Pitt talked to at the airport?
(a) Robert Tucker.
(b) Hans Badenberger.
(c) Sam Cashman.
(d) Lewis Jhaniktsa.
14. Who is the pilot of the vehicle that picks up Pitt?
(a) James Storey.
(b) Ben Hull.
(c) Sam Cashman.
(d) Joyce Dubkue.
15. What is Pitt wearing to the party?
(a) Green polyester suit.
(b) A black velvet tuxedo.
(c) Red velvet.
(d) A pink jump suit with lace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
2. What does Kippman tell Pitt and Sandecker?
3. How does Pitt know which way to go?
4. What lands near the house where Pitt used the radio?
5. What does Tidi do when she comes up to Pitt and Rondheim?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)