|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
(a) Kirsti's personal assistant asked to have work done on it.
(b) Two men who acted strangely had work done.
(c) Rondheim's personal assistant asked for the work.
(d) A man and a woman had the job done.
2. What does Pitt do at the beginning of the poetry reading?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Laughs at Rondheim.
(c) Whispers with Lillie.
(d) Flirts with Kirsti.
3. What does Tidi do when she comes up to Pitt and Rondheim?
(a) Acts like she's trying to get Pitt to like women.
(b) Ask about the Icelandic coastline.
(c) Backs up Pitt's comments.
(d) Makes a play for Rondheim.
4. Why is Pitt angry at Lippman?
(a) There were men on the iceberg that could have helped Hunnewell.
(b) That they waited so long and Rondheim got away.
(c) They set him up without his knowldege.
(d) That they killed all those people on board the Lax.
5. What does Pitt do when Rondheim is finished with his poem fragment?
(c) Hits him in the face.
6. Why is Kelly going to assassinate some people?
(a) He has had arguments with both of them.
(b) To get control of the gold in their countries.
(c) To take over control of those countries.
(d) There's a bounty on them.
7. Why would someone be suspicious about the work on the jet?
(a) There was no reason to be suspicious.
(b) The person(s) ordering it wouldn't sign off on the paperwork.
(c) The work was very difficult.
(d) It was illegal.
8. What do Pitt and the others do after they return Rondheim's boat?
(a) Go to lunch.
(b) Go to Kirsti's office.
(c) Go to their motel.
(d) Go confront Rondheim.
9. How does Pitt see Rondheim's actions?
(a) As being ruthless.
(b) As collateral damage for a greater good.
(c) As being necessary.
(d) As insane.
10. What type of aircraft does Pitt see at the airport?
(a) Two military helicopters.
(b) An old World War II faulkner.
(c) An old Ford Tri-Motor.
(d) An new hydro-jet.
11. What does Kippman tell Pitt and Sandecker?
(a) Lillie works for him.
(b) They have been trying to get Pitt to work for them for years.
(c) They entombed the Lax in the iceberg.
(d) Kirsti is going to destroy the Atlantic plates.
12. Who is the first person Pitt sees when he wakes after the beating?
(b) James Lillie.
(c) Sam Kelly.
13. Who does Lippman think James Kelly is going to assassinate?
(a) The leaders of French Guinea and the Dominican Republic.
(b) The speaker of the house.
(c) The president of Mexico.
(d) The president of Brazil.
14. What is scattered around Pitt and the others?
(a) The remains of a plane.
(b) Piles of driftwood.
(c) Used medical supplies like the doctors were in a hurry.
(d) Walnuts from the trees.
15. What type of weather was coming in on the rescue efforts?
(a) Sunny and warm.
(b) Very bad weather.
(c) The weather won't change for a couple of days.
(d) Snow begins to fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt mention to Kelly that spoils his speech?
2. What does Pitt do at the home of the Icelander who found him?
3. Who is the pilot of the vehicle that picks up Pitt?
4. How does Pitt feel towards many of the people on the plane?
5. By whom is the cab driver employed?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)