|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the pilot of the vehicle that picks up Pitt?
(a) James Storey.
(b) Joyce Dubkue.
(c) Ben Hull.
(d) Sam Cashman.
2. What does Pitt mention to Kelly that spoils his speech?
(a) The Kirsti doesn't know how to use the probe.
(b) That Rondheim killed Hunnewell.
(c) That the Icelandic national guard are surrounding the place.
(d) That the South American governments have been warned.
3. What does Kippman tell Pitt and Sandecker?
(a) Lillie works for him.
(b) Kirsti is going to destroy the Atlantic plates.
(c) They entombed the Lax in the iceberg.
(d) They have been trying to get Pitt to work for them for years.
4. What does Rondheim ask Pitt when Pitt first arrives?
(a) If he would like a date.
(b) How the boat trip went.
(c) If he has never tried women.
(d) If he can't afford decent clothes.
5. What special items did the captain bring for Sam Kelly?
(a) Cigar and vodka.
(b) Champagne and caviar.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A back board.
6. Where does Kirsti take Pitt and Tidi?
(a) To a bedroom upstairs.
(b) To the study.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the gardens.
7. Who is in Sandecker's office when Pitt arrives?
(a) The director of the NSA.
(b) A man who wants Pitt to help bring down Hermit Limited.
(c) Pitt's brother.
8. What is scattered around Pitt and the others?
(a) The remains of a plane.
(b) Walnuts from the trees.
(c) Piles of driftwood.
(d) Used medical supplies like the doctors were in a hurry.
9. What type of aircraft does Pitt see at the airport?
(a) An old World War II faulkner.
(b) Two military helicopters.
(c) An old Ford Tri-Motor.
(d) An new hydro-jet.
10. Where are Pitt and the others when he wakes?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a forest.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In a ravine.
11. Two men ask Kirsti what?
(a) If Sandecker is here.
(b) If Tidi has been secured.
(c) If Rondheim wants Pitt killed.
(d) If Lillie has been found.
12. Why is Pitt angry at Lippman?
(a) That they waited so long and Rondheim got away.
(b) There were men on the iceberg that could have helped Hunnewell.
(c) That they killed all those people on board the Lax.
(d) They set him up without his knowldege.
13. What do Pitt and the crew of the vehicle do?
(a) Wait for the paramedics.
(b) Load the survivors.
(c) Drop food and medicine in the ravine.
(d) Start to build a path into the ravine.
14. What does Lippman tell Pitt at the hospital?
(a) He needs to be in London that evening.
(b) He is released from any obligation.
(c) He is going to have a partner.
(d) It is time to leave.
15. When were the people injured?
(a) After being drugged and put in the ravine.
(b) When they were thrown from the plane.
(c) When the plane crashed.
(d) At the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom is the cab driver employed?
2. What do Pitt and the others do after they return Rondheim's boat?
3. What is wrong with James Lillie?
4. What happens to Pitt right after the poetry reading?
5. What does Rondheim do to Pitt?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)