|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two men ask Kirsti what?
(a) If Sandecker is here.
(b) If Tidi has been secured.
(c) If Rondheim wants Pitt killed.
(d) If Lillie has been found.
2. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
(a) Kirsti's personal assistant asked to have work done on it.
(b) A man and a woman had the job done.
(c) Rondheim's personal assistant asked for the work.
(d) Two men who acted strangely had work done.
3. How does Pitt feel towards many of the people on the plane?
(a) He is angry at them.
(b) He admires them.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is disgusted by them.
4. What special items did the captain bring for Sam Kelly?
(a) A back board.
(b) Cigar and vodka.
(c) Champagne and caviar.
(d) A cell phone.
5. What is Pitt wearing to the party?
(a) A black velvet tuxedo.
(b) Red velvet.
(c) A pink jump suit with lace.
(d) Green polyester suit.
6. What does Pitt learn that saddens him?
(a) Lillie will never walk again.
(b) Sam Kelly is brain damaged.
(c) Sam Kelly had died.
(d) Tidi died.
7. What did the vehicle bring that Pitt requested?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Machine guns.
(d) Some flare bombs.
8. By whom is the cab driver employed?
(b) The U.S. government.
(d) The Icelandic government.
9. What happens to Pitt right after the poetry reading?
(a) He is hit over the head and knocked unconscious.
(b) He returns to the motel.
(c) Kirsti takes him outside to talk to him.
(d) Someone puts a gun in his back.
10. What does Pitt enjoy about the rescue efforts?
(a) Thinking about killing Rondheim.
(b) That they were able to glide into such a remote area.
(c) An old plane beating the modern computers of Rondheim.
(d) A helicopter being able to get into the ravine area.
11. What is wrong with James Lillie?
(a) His femoral artery is cut.
(b) He has a skull fracture.
(c) His shoulders and pelvis are broken.
(d) He has four broken ribs and a headache.
12. Where does the captain take the vehicle with Pitt?
(a) To land near the ravine.
(b) To pick up Sandecker.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the navy base on the ocean.
13. What has been formed in South America that concerns the cab driver?
(a) A large manufacturing firm spanning the entire continent.
(b) A guerrilla army from five different companies.
(c) A giant mining syndicate.
(d) Three new governemnts.
14. What do Pitt and the crew of the vehicle do?
(a) Drop food and medicine in the ravine.
(b) Wait for the paramedics.
(c) Load the survivors.
(d) Start to build a path into the ravine.
15. How does Pitt respond to Rondhiem's question from question # 113?
(a) That he heard a terrible explosion in the fog.
(b) He doesn't date foreigners.
(c) He was married one time.
(d) He spends his money on art supplies, not clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the people injured?
2. Who is the pilot of the vehicle that picks up Pitt?
3. What does Pitt realize as he and Tidi mingle with the guests?
4. Why do people give Rondheim bits of poems?
5. What does Pitt mention to Kelly that spoils his speech?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)