|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pitt and the others do after they return Rondheim's boat?
(a) Go confront Rondheim.
(b) Go to lunch.
(c) Go to Kirsti's office.
(d) Go to their motel.
2. What is scattered around Pitt and the others?
(a) Walnuts from the trees.
(b) The remains of a plane.
(c) Used medical supplies like the doctors were in a hurry.
(d) Piles of driftwood.
3. Who is the first person Pitt sees when he wakes after the beating?
(c) Sam Kelly.
(d) James Lillie.
4. Why would someone be suspicious about the work on the jet?
(a) The person(s) ordering it wouldn't sign off on the paperwork.
(b) The work was very difficult.
(c) It was illegal.
(d) There was no reason to be suspicious.
5. What words does Pitt give Rondheim to finish the poem?
(a) The time you won your town the race.
(b) Had we but world enough, and time.
(c) God save thee.
(d) When I consider how my light is spent.
6. Who do Sandecker and Pitt visit in the hospital?
(a) Sam Kelly.
(b) Sam Cushman.
(c) All the survivors.
(d) Tidi and Lillie.
7. Why is Kelly going to assassinate some people?
(a) He has had arguments with both of them.
(b) There's a bounty on them.
(c) To get control of the gold in their countries.
(d) To take over control of those countries.
8. What does Pitt tell Sandecker when he arrives?
(a) He's already agreed to help.
(b) He has told them he can't help.
(c) He has no broken bones.
(d) He will be fine.
9. What do Pitt and the crew of the vehicle do?
(a) Start to build a path into the ravine.
(b) Load the survivors.
(c) Wait for the paramedics.
(d) Drop food and medicine in the ravine.
10. By whom is the cab driver employed?
(a) The U.S. government.
(c) The Icelandic government.
11. How does Pitt feel towards many of the people on the plane?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He admires them.
(c) He is angry at them.
(d) He is disgusted by them.
12. How does Pitt feel towards Rondheim as he watches the rescue efforts?
13. What does James Kelly say he will do?
(a) Take over South America.
(b) Start civil war in many countries.
(c) Destroy the United States.
(d) Kill the United States congress and senate.
14. How many of the men in the room are in cahoots with Rondheim?
(d) All of them.
15. How does Pitt respond to Rondhiem's question from question # 113?
(a) He doesn't date foreigners.
(b) He was married one time.
(c) He spends his money on art supplies, not clothes.
(d) That he heard a terrible explosion in the fog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Pitt and the others when he wakes?
2. What does James say he will do with everyone in the room who is not part of the plan?
3. What does Pitt enjoy about the rescue efforts?
4. What does James Kelly hope to leave with his plans?
5. What type of weather was coming in on the rescue efforts?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)