|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt do about his pain as he goes for help?
(a) He doesn't have any pain.
(b) Keeps it at bay somewhat with his mind.
(c) Plans on all the ways he will torture Rondheim.
(d) Thinks about Tidi.
2. What does Pitt realize as he and Tidi mingle with the guests?
(a) He is well liked.
(b) Kirsti isn't around.
(c) He will find his answers tonight.
(d) He's not welcomed there.
3. What does Kippman tell Pitt and Sandecker?
(a) They entombed the Lax in the iceberg.
(b) Kirsti is going to destroy the Atlantic plates.
(c) They have been trying to get Pitt to work for them for years.
(d) Lillie works for him.
4. Who do Sandecker and Pitt visit in the hospital?
(a) All the survivors.
(b) Sam Kelly.
(c) Sam Cushman.
(d) Tidi and Lillie.
5. What words does Pitt give Rondheim to finish the poem?
(a) God save thee.
(b) When I consider how my light is spent.
(c) The time you won your town the race.
(d) Had we but world enough, and time.
6. Why was this site chosen for the people?
(a) It was the deepest ravine in the area.
(b) It was close to town.
(c) So a rescue plane would never find them.
(d) It was where the plane crashed.
7. Who scratched his initials into the black jet?
(a) An employee of Kirsti's.
(b) The owner of the jet.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) An employee of Rondheim's.
8. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
(a) Rondheim's personal assistant asked for the work.
(b) Kirsti's personal assistant asked to have work done on it.
(c) A man and a woman had the job done.
(d) Two men who acted strangely had work done.
9. Why is Pitt angry at Lippman?
(a) There were men on the iceberg that could have helped Hunnewell.
(b) They set him up without his knowldege.
(c) That they waited so long and Rondheim got away.
(d) That they killed all those people on board the Lax.
10. Who does Tidi recognize in the crowd?
(a) Several individuals from the government.
(b) Mobsters from New York.
(c) Several of the world's wealthiest men.
(d) A number of well known authors.
11. Where is the party Pitt attends held?
(a) Kirsti's office complex.
(b) Rondheim's mansion.
(c) Rondheim's office complex.
(d) Kirsti's estates.
12. By whom is the cab driver employed?
(a) The Icelandic government.
(d) The U.S. government.
13. Why would someone be suspicious about the work on the jet?
(a) The person(s) ordering it wouldn't sign off on the paperwork.
(b) There was no reason to be suspicious.
(c) The work was very difficult.
(d) It was illegal.
14. Why do people give Rondheim bits of poems?
(a) He claims to be able to recite any poem.
(b) So he can tell them the author's name, date of birth and death.
(c) So he can make a new poem from it.
(d) So he can tell them the author.
15. How does Pitt know which way to go?
(a) He heads north on the north star.
(b) He follows the sunset.
(c) He's unsure.
(d) He always turns left.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weather was coming in on the rescue efforts?
2. What corporation does James Kelly talk about?
3. What does Pitt enjoy about the rescue efforts?
4. What can Pitt do that no one else can as far as the events in Iceland?
5. What does Lippman tell Pitt at the hospital?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)