|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tidi do when she comes up to Pitt and Rondheim?
(a) Acts like she's trying to get Pitt to like women.
(b) Ask about the Icelandic coastline.
(c) Backs up Pitt's comments.
(d) Makes a play for Rondheim.
2. How does Pitt respond to Rondhiem's question from question # 113?
(a) He doesn't date foreigners.
(b) He spends his money on art supplies, not clothes.
(c) He was married one time.
(d) That he heard a terrible explosion in the fog.
3. Where are Pitt and the others when he wakes?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a forest.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In a ravine.
4. Why would someone be suspicious about the work on the jet?
(a) There was no reason to be suspicious.
(b) The work was very difficult.
(c) The person(s) ordering it wouldn't sign off on the paperwork.
(d) It was illegal.
5. What has been formed in South America that concerns the cab driver?
(a) A giant mining syndicate.
(b) Three new governemnts.
(c) A large manufacturing firm spanning the entire continent.
(d) A guerrilla army from five different companies.
6. What does Pitt do at the home of the Icelander who found him?
(a) Passes out.
(b) Calls Sandecker.
(c) Sets up rescue efforts.
(d) Radioes Sandecker.
7. What does Pitt say at the hospital?
(a) He is going to search for Hermit's henchmen.
(b) He is going to kill Rondheim.
(c) He is taking a vacaiton.
(d) He is going to find James Kelly.
8. What does Pitt do at the beginning of the poetry reading?
(a) Flirts with Kirsti.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Laughs at Rondheim.
(d) Whispers with Lillie.
9. What does Rondheim intend to do that Kelly doesn't know?
(a) Kill Kirsti and take over her company after they are married.
(b) Destroy the probe.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Betray Hermit for his own purposes.
10. What lands near the house where Pitt used the radio?
(a) An army transport.
(b) The old plane from the hanger.
(c) A naval helicopter.
(d) Two glider planes.
11. What happens to Pitt right after the poetry reading?
(a) Kirsti takes him outside to talk to him.
(b) Someone puts a gun in his back.
(c) He is hit over the head and knocked unconscious.
(d) He returns to the motel.
12. What does Pitt do when Rondheim is finished with his poem fragment?
(b) Hits him in the face.
13. Who does Lippman think James Kelly is going to assassinate?
(a) The president of Brazil.
(b) The president of Mexico.
(c) The leaders of French Guinea and the Dominican Republic.
(d) The speaker of the house.
14. How does Pitt get to the airport?
(a) A cab.
(b) A bus.
(c) He drives.
(d) A subway.
15. What does Pitt mention to Kelly that spoils his speech?
(a) That the Icelandic national guard are surrounding the place.
(b) The Kirsti doesn't know how to use the probe.
(c) That the South American governments have been warned.
(d) That Rondheim killed Hunnewell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pitt feel towards many of the people on the plane?
2. Why is Pitt angry at Lippman?
3. Where does Pitt go at the airport?
4. What does Rondheim do to Pitt?
5. What does Pitt learn that saddens him?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)