|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rondheim intend to do that Kelly doesn't know?
(a) Destroy the probe.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kill Kirsti and take over her company after they are married.
(d) Betray Hermit for his own purposes.
2. Why would someone be suspicious about the work on the jet?
(a) It was illegal.
(b) The person(s) ordering it wouldn't sign off on the paperwork.
(c) The work was very difficult.
(d) There was no reason to be suspicious.
3. What do Pitt and the others do after they return Rondheim's boat?
(a) Go to lunch.
(b) Go to their motel.
(c) Go confront Rondheim.
(d) Go to Kirsti's office.
4. How does Pitt know which way to go?
(a) He's unsure.
(b) He always turns left.
(c) He follows the sunset.
(d) He heads north on the north star.
5. What does Pitt enjoy about the rescue efforts?
(a) Thinking about killing Rondheim.
(b) A helicopter being able to get into the ravine area.
(c) An old plane beating the modern computers of Rondheim.
(d) That they were able to glide into such a remote area.
6. How does Pitt get to the airport?
(a) A cab.
(b) A bus.
(c) He drives.
(d) A subway.
7. What do Pitt and the crew of the vehicle do?
(a) Wait for the paramedics.
(b) Load the survivors.
(c) Start to build a path into the ravine.
(d) Drop food and medicine in the ravine.
8. By whom is the cab driver employed?
(a) The Icelandic government.
(d) The U.S. government.
9. What does Pitt realize on his way back from the airport?
(a) The cab is going in the wrong direction.
(b) The worker at the airport lied.
(c) The black jet is military.
(d) Kirsti is not involved.
10. What corporation does James Kelly talk about?
(a) South America Mining, Inc.
(b) Ocean Resources, Inc.
(c) Hermit Limited.
(d) Fyrie Limited.
11. What has been formed in South America that concerns the cab driver?
(a) A large manufacturing firm spanning the entire continent.
(b) A giant mining syndicate.
(c) A guerrilla army from five different companies.
(d) Three new governemnts.
12. Why do people give Rondheim bits of poems?
(a) So he can tell them the author's name, date of birth and death.
(b) He claims to be able to recite any poem.
(c) So he can make a new poem from it.
(d) So he can tell them the author.
13. Who is the pilot of the vehicle that picks up Pitt?
(a) James Storey.
(b) Joyce Dubkue.
(c) Sam Cashman.
(d) Ben Hull.
14. How does Pitt feel towards Rondheim as he watches the rescue efforts?
15. Why is Pitt angry at Lippman?
(a) There were men on the iceberg that could have helped Hunnewell.
(b) They set him up without his knowldege.
(c) That they waited so long and Rondheim got away.
(d) That they killed all those people on board the Lax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the captain take the vehicle with Pitt?
2. What does Pitt do with Tidi?
3. Who does Tidi recognize in the crowd?
4. How does Pitt see Rondheim's actions?
5. How does Pitt respond to Rondhiem's question from question # 113?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)