|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt hear when he wakes up?
(a) Tidi's voice.
(b) A jet plane.
(d) A dog barking.
2. What does Pitt realize on his way back from the airport?
(a) The black jet is military.
(b) The cab is going in the wrong direction.
(c) The worker at the airport lied.
(d) Kirsti is not involved.
3. How does Pitt feel towards many of the people on the plane?
(a) He is disgusted by them.
(b) He is angry at them.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He admires them.
4. What does James say he will do with everyone in the room who is not part of the plan?
(a) They will be held until his takeover is finished.
(b) They will be drugged with retrograde amnesia drugs.
(c) They will all die.
(d) They will be dumped on a deserted island.
5. Where does the captain take the vehicle with Pitt?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the navy base on the ocean.
(c) To pick up Sandecker.
(d) To land near the ravine.
6. What did the vehicle bring that Pitt requested?
(a) Machine guns.
(c) Some flare bombs.
(d) A doctor.
7. How does Pitt respond to Rondhiem's question from question # 113?
(a) He was married one time.
(b) That he heard a terrible explosion in the fog.
(c) He spends his money on art supplies, not clothes.
(d) He doesn't date foreigners.
8. Who do Sandecker and Pitt visit in the hospital?
(a) All the survivors.
(b) Tidi and Lillie.
(c) Sam Kelly.
(d) Sam Cushman.
9. Who does James Kelly say can run the sea probe besides Hunnewell?
(b) The computer.
(d) His brother, Sam Kelly.
10. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
(a) Rondheim's personal assistant asked for the work.
(b) A man and a woman had the job done.
(c) Two men who acted strangely had work done.
(d) Kirsti's personal assistant asked to have work done on it.
11. What does Pitt learn that saddens him?
(a) Sam Kelly had died.
(b) Sam Kelly is brain damaged.
(c) Tidi died.
(d) Lillie will never walk again.
12. Why is Kelly going to assassinate some people?
(a) He has had arguments with both of them.
(b) To get control of the gold in their countries.
(c) There's a bounty on them.
(d) To take over control of those countries.
13. What does Rondheim intend to do that Kelly doesn't know?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Betray Hermit for his own purposes.
(c) Kill Kirsti and take over her company after they are married.
(d) Destroy the probe.
14. What has been formed in South America that concerns the cab driver?
(a) A large manufacturing firm spanning the entire continent.
(b) Three new governemnts.
(c) A guerrilla army from five different companies.
(d) A giant mining syndicate.
15. Two men ask Kirsti what?
(a) If Lillie has been found.
(b) If Tidi has been secured.
(c) If Rondheim wants Pitt killed.
(d) If Sandecker is here.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pitt right after the poetry reading?
2. Who was the man Pitt talked to at the airport?
3. What words does Pitt give Rondheim to finish the poem?
4. What does Pitt do when Rondheim is finished with his poem fragment?
5. Where does Kirsti take Pitt and Tidi?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)