|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in Sandecker's office when Pitt arrives?
(a) Pitt's brother.
(c) The director of the NSA.
(d) A man who wants Pitt to help bring down Hermit Limited.
2. What does Pitt tell Sandecker when he arrives?
(a) He has told them he can't help.
(b) He will be fine.
(c) He has no broken bones.
(d) He's already agreed to help.
3. What does Rondheim do to Pitt?
(a) Injects him with poison.
(b) Takes him to South America.
(c) Breaks his arm.
(d) Beats Pitt severely.
4. What is wrong with James Lillie?
(a) His femoral artery is cut.
(b) He has four broken ribs and a headache.
(c) He has a skull fracture.
(d) His shoulders and pelvis are broken.
5. By whom is the cab driver employed?
(a) The Icelandic government.
(b) The U.S. government.
6. What corporation does James Kelly talk about?
(a) Ocean Resources, Inc.
(b) South America Mining, Inc.
(c) Hermit Limited.
(d) Fyrie Limited.
7. Who is Dean Kippman?
(a) An admiral who outranks Sandecker.
(b) Director of NSA.
(c) Chief of the National Intelligence Agency.
(d) Member of the joint chief of staff.
8. Who scratched his initials into the black jet?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) The owner of the jet.
(c) An employee of Kirsti's.
(d) An employee of Rondheim's.
9. What does Pitt do about his pain as he goes for help?
(a) He doesn't have any pain.
(b) Keeps it at bay somewhat with his mind.
(c) Plans on all the ways he will torture Rondheim.
(d) Thinks about Tidi.
10. What special items did the captain bring for Sam Kelly?
(a) Champagne and caviar.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A back board.
(d) Cigar and vodka.
11. Who does Lippman think James Kelly is going to assassinate?
(a) The leaders of French Guinea and the Dominican Republic.
(b) The president of Mexico.
(c) The speaker of the house.
(d) The president of Brazil.
12. What do Pitt and the others do after they return Rondheim's boat?
(a) Go to their motel.
(b) Go to Kirsti's office.
(c) Go to lunch.
(d) Go confront Rondheim.
13. What does Pitt learn that saddens him?
(a) Tidi died.
(b) Sam Kelly is brain damaged.
(c) Sam Kelly had died.
(d) Lillie will never walk again.
14. How many of the men in the room are in cahoots with Rondheim?
(a) All of them.
15. Two men ask Kirsti what?
(a) If Sandecker is here.
(b) If Rondheim wants Pitt killed.
(c) If Tidi has been secured.
(d) If Lillie has been found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lippman tell Pitt at the hospital?
2. What is scattered around Pitt and the others?
3. What does Pitt realize as he talks to all the victims?
4. Where does the captain take the vehicle with Pitt?
5. Where does Kirsti take Pitt and Tidi?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)