|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitt respond to Rondhiem's question from question # 113?
(a) That he heard a terrible explosion in the fog.
(b) He was married one time.
(c) He spends his money on art supplies, not clothes.
(d) He doesn't date foreigners.
2. What does Pitt hear when he wakes up?
(b) A jet plane.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) Tidi's voice.
3. Who do Sandecker and Pitt visit in the hospital?
(a) Sam Cushman.
(b) All the survivors.
(c) Tidi and Lillie.
(d) Sam Kelly.
4. What does Rondheim ask Pitt when Pitt first arrives?
(a) If he would like a date.
(b) If he has never tried women.
(c) If he can't afford decent clothes.
(d) How the boat trip went.
5. What does Kippman tell Pitt and Sandecker?
(a) Kirsti is going to destroy the Atlantic plates.
(b) They have been trying to get Pitt to work for them for years.
(c) They entombed the Lax in the iceberg.
(d) Lillie works for him.
6. When were the people injured?
(a) At the party.
(b) When they were thrown from the plane.
(c) When the plane crashed.
(d) After being drugged and put in the ravine.
7. What is wrong with James Lillie?
(a) He has a skull fracture.
(b) His femoral artery is cut.
(c) His shoulders and pelvis are broken.
(d) He has four broken ribs and a headache.
8. Why do people give Rondheim bits of poems?
(a) So he can make a new poem from it.
(b) He claims to be able to recite any poem.
(c) So he can tell them the author's name, date of birth and death.
(d) So he can tell them the author.
9. Where is the party Pitt attends held?
(a) Rondheim's mansion.
(b) Kirsti's estates.
(c) Rondheim's office complex.
(d) Kirsti's office complex.
10. What type of weather was coming in on the rescue efforts?
(a) The weather won't change for a couple of days.
(b) Snow begins to fall.
(c) Sunny and warm.
(d) Very bad weather.
11. What has been formed in South America that concerns the cab driver?
(a) A guerrilla army from five different companies.
(b) A giant mining syndicate.
(c) Three new governemnts.
(d) A large manufacturing firm spanning the entire continent.
12. What does James Kelly hope to leave with his plans?
(a) A fortune for his children.
(b) A legacy.
(c) A world torn by strife.
(d) The US in Mexico's control.
13. What words does Pitt give Rondheim to finish the poem?
(a) Had we but world enough, and time.
(b) When I consider how my light is spent.
(c) God save thee.
(d) The time you won your town the race.
14. Where does Pitt go at the airport?
(a) General transient aviation hanger.
(b) The military section.
(c) The airport manager.
(d) The terminal.
15. What does Pitt realize James will use in his assassination efforts?
(a) The buildings in the boxes from the jet.
(b) Rondheim's money.
(c) Kirsti's probe.
(d) The secret army within the US army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pitt feel towards Rondheim as he watches the rescue efforts?
2. What does Pitt do at the beginning of the poetry reading?
3. How many of the men in the room are in cahoots with Rondheim?
4. Why does James think the U.S. government has failed America?
5. What does Lippman tell Pitt at the hospital?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)