|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the party Pitt attends held?
(a) Kirsti's office complex.
(b) Rondheim's mansion.
(c) Rondheim's office complex.
(d) Kirsti's estates.
2. Who does Lippman think James Kelly is going to assassinate?
(a) The president of Mexico.
(b) The speaker of the house.
(c) The president of Brazil.
(d) The leaders of French Guinea and the Dominican Republic.
3. What does Tidi do when she comes up to Pitt and Rondheim?
(a) Makes a play for Rondheim.
(b) Backs up Pitt's comments.
(c) Ask about the Icelandic coastline.
(d) Acts like she's trying to get Pitt to like women.
4. How does Pitt get to the airport?
(a) A bus.
(b) A cab.
(c) He drives.
(d) A subway.
5. How does Pitt see Rondheim's actions?
(a) As being necessary.
(b) As insane.
(c) As collateral damage for a greater good.
(d) As being ruthless.
6. What does Lippman tell Pitt at the hospital?
(a) He needs to be in London that evening.
(b) He is released from any obligation.
(c) It is time to leave.
(d) He is going to have a partner.
7. Why is Pitt angry at Lippman?
(a) They set him up without his knowldege.
(b) That they waited so long and Rondheim got away.
(c) That they killed all those people on board the Lax.
(d) There were men on the iceberg that could have helped Hunnewell.
8. What does Pitt do at the home of the Icelander who found him?
(a) Radioes Sandecker.
(b) Calls Sandecker.
(c) Sets up rescue efforts.
(d) Passes out.
9. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
(a) Kirsti's personal assistant asked to have work done on it.
(b) Two men who acted strangely had work done.
(c) Rondheim's personal assistant asked for the work.
(d) A man and a woman had the job done.
10. Who is Dean Kippman?
(a) Director of NSA.
(b) Chief of the National Intelligence Agency.
(c) An admiral who outranks Sandecker.
(d) Member of the joint chief of staff.
11. Who scratched his initials into the black jet?
(a) An employee of Kirsti's.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) The owner of the jet.
(d) An employee of Rondheim's.
12. How does Pitt know which way to go?
(a) He heads north on the north star.
(b) He follows the sunset.
(c) He's unsure.
(d) He always turns left.
13. What do Pitt and the others do after they return Rondheim's boat?
(a) Go to Kirsti's office.
(b) Go confront Rondheim.
(c) Go to their motel.
(d) Go to lunch.
14. What lands near the house where Pitt used the radio?
(a) The old plane from the hanger.
(b) An army transport.
(c) Two glider planes.
(d) A naval helicopter.
15. What does Rondheim intend to do that Kelly doesn't know?
(a) Kill Kirsti and take over her company after they are married.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Betray Hermit for his own purposes.
(d) Destroy the probe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James say he will do with everyone in the room who is not part of the plan?
2. Why would someone be suspicious about the work on the jet?
3. What does Pitt do about his pain as he goes for help?
4. What does Pitt mention to Kelly that spoils his speech?
5. What does Rondheim do to Pitt?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)