|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitt know which way to go?
(a) He always turns left.
(b) He follows the sunset.
(c) He's unsure.
(d) He heads north on the north star.
2. What did the vehicle bring that Pitt requested?
(a) Machine guns.
(b) A doctor.
(c) Some flare bombs.
3. Who is the first person Pitt sees when he wakes after the beating?
(a) Sam Kelly.
(b) James Lillie.
4. What does Pitt realize as he talks to all the victims?
(a) He is the only person who can walk.
(b) He has a broken jaw.
(c) He can't find Kirsti.
(d) He will have to set the fractures and bandage the cuts alone.
5. Why does James think the U.S. government has failed America?
(a) Not feeding the poor.
(b) Not providing health care.
(c) Sending the military overseas too much.
(d) Giving its citizens too much freedom.
6. How does Pitt feel towards Rondheim as he watches the rescue efforts?
7. What does Pitt mention to Kelly that spoils his speech?
(a) That Rondheim killed Hunnewell.
(b) That the South American governments have been warned.
(c) The Kirsti doesn't know how to use the probe.
(d) That the Icelandic national guard are surrounding the place.
8. What does Pitt do at the beginning of the poetry reading?
(a) Flirts with Kirsti.
(b) Laughs at Rondheim.
(c) Whispers with Lillie.
(d) Falls asleep.
9. Where is the party Pitt attends held?
(a) Rondheim's office complex.
(b) Kirsti's office complex.
(c) Kirsti's estates.
(d) Rondheim's mansion.
10. What has been formed in South America that concerns the cab driver?
(a) A guerrilla army from five different companies.
(b) Three new governemnts.
(c) A large manufacturing firm spanning the entire continent.
(d) A giant mining syndicate.
11. How does Pitt get to the airport?
(a) He drives.
(b) A subway.
(c) A bus.
(d) A cab.
12. What does Pitt learn that saddens him?
(a) Sam Kelly is brain damaged.
(b) Lillie will never walk again.
(c) Sam Kelly had died.
(d) Tidi died.
13. Where does Kirsti take Pitt and Tidi?
(a) To a bedroom upstairs.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To the gardens.
(d) To the study.
14. What is wrong with James Lillie?
(a) He has four broken ribs and a headache.
(b) His femoral artery is cut.
(c) He has a skull fracture.
(d) His shoulders and pelvis are broken.
15. Why was this site chosen for the people?
(a) It was the deepest ravine in the area.
(b) It was where the plane crashed.
(c) It was close to town.
(d) So a rescue plane would never find them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pitt right after the poetry reading?
2. What does Pitt realize on his way back from the airport?
3. What does Kippman tell Pitt and Sandecker?
4. Who is the pilot of the vehicle that picks up Pitt?
5. Two men ask Kirsti what?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)