|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weather was coming in on the rescue efforts?
(a) Snow begins to fall.
(b) Very bad weather.
(c) Sunny and warm.
(d) The weather won't change for a couple of days.
2. What has been formed in South America that concerns the cab driver?
(a) A guerrilla army from five different companies.
(b) A large manufacturing firm spanning the entire continent.
(c) A giant mining syndicate.
(d) Three new governemnts.
3. What is wrong with James Lillie?
(a) His shoulders and pelvis are broken.
(b) He has a skull fracture.
(c) He has four broken ribs and a headache.
(d) His femoral artery is cut.
4. What does Pitt realize as he talks to all the victims?
(a) He can't find Kirsti.
(b) He has a broken jaw.
(c) He will have to set the fractures and bandage the cuts alone.
(d) He is the only person who can walk.
5. What is scattered around Pitt and the others?
(a) Walnuts from the trees.
(b) The remains of a plane.
(c) Piles of driftwood.
(d) Used medical supplies like the doctors were in a hurry.
6. When were the people injured?
(a) When the plane crashed.
(b) After being drugged and put in the ravine.
(c) When they were thrown from the plane.
(d) At the party.
7. Who scratched his initials into the black jet?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) The owner of the jet.
(c) An employee of Rondheim's.
(d) An employee of Kirsti's.
8. What does Pitt do at the beginning of the poetry reading?
(a) Flirts with Kirsti.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Laughs at Rondheim.
(d) Whispers with Lillie.
9. What does Pitt do with Tidi?
(a) Carries her out of the ravine.
(b) Lays her next to Lillie.
(c) Takes her to Sam Kelly.
(d) Puts her in the plane on a seat.
10. What does Pitt do when Rondheim is finished with his poem fragment?
(d) Hits him in the face.
11. What can Pitt do that no one else can as far as the events in Iceland?
(a) Testify against Rondheim.
(b) Show that Kirsti was no involved.
(c) Identify James Kelly's assassins.
(d) Identify Rondheim's boats.
12. What does Lippman tell Pitt at the hospital?
(a) He is released from any obligation.
(b) He needs to be in London that evening.
(c) It is time to leave.
(d) He is going to have a partner.
13. Who is Dean Kippman?
(a) Director of NSA.
(b) An admiral who outranks Sandecker.
(c) Chief of the National Intelligence Agency.
(d) Member of the joint chief of staff.
14. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
(a) Kirsti's personal assistant asked to have work done on it.
(b) Two men who acted strangely had work done.
(c) A man and a woman had the job done.
(d) Rondheim's personal assistant asked for the work.
15. How did the worker cover himself?
(a) He told his boss verbally.
(b) He filled out a report.
(c) He left serial numbers on the plane in a hidden location.
(d) He refused to disclose his name to the people with the jet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Sandecker and Pitt visit in the hospital?
2. Who is the first person Pitt sees when he wakes after the beating?
3. How does Pitt feel towards Rondheim as he watches the rescue efforts?
4. Why does James think the U.S. government has failed America?
5. Who does James Kelly say can run the sea probe besides Hunnewell?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)