|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the captain take the vehicle with Pitt?
(a) To the navy base on the ocean.
(b) To pick up Sandecker.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To land near the ravine.
2. How does Pitt feel towards Rondheim as he watches the rescue efforts?
3. How does Pitt get to the airport?
(a) He drives.
(b) A subway.
(c) A bus.
(d) A cab.
4. Where does Kirsti take Pitt and Tidi?
(a) To the gardens.
(b) To the study.
(c) To a bedroom upstairs.
(d) To the kitchen.
5. What does James Kelly say he will do?
(a) Start civil war in many countries.
(b) Take over South America.
(c) Kill the United States congress and senate.
(d) Destroy the United States.
6. Who was the man Pitt talked to at the airport?
(a) Sam Cashman.
(b) Lewis Jhaniktsa.
(c) Hans Badenberger.
(d) Robert Tucker.
7. What corporation does James Kelly talk about?
(a) South America Mining, Inc.
(b) Hermit Limited.
(c) Ocean Resources, Inc.
(d) Fyrie Limited.
8. What happens to Pitt right after the poetry reading?
(a) Someone puts a gun in his back.
(b) He is hit over the head and knocked unconscious.
(c) Kirsti takes him outside to talk to him.
(d) He returns to the motel.
9. Who is in Sandecker's office when Pitt arrives?
(b) The director of the NSA.
(c) A man who wants Pitt to help bring down Hermit Limited.
(d) Pitt's brother.
10. What does Pitt say at the hospital?
(a) He is going to search for Hermit's henchmen.
(b) He is going to kill Rondheim.
(c) He is going to find James Kelly.
(d) He is taking a vacaiton.
11. What has been formed in South America that concerns the cab driver?
(a) A large manufacturing firm spanning the entire continent.
(b) A guerrilla army from five different companies.
(c) Three new governemnts.
(d) A giant mining syndicate.
12. What does Pitt realize as he talks to all the victims?
(a) He will have to set the fractures and bandage the cuts alone.
(b) He is the only person who can walk.
(c) He has a broken jaw.
(d) He can't find Kirsti.
13. Who is Dean Kippman?
(a) An admiral who outranks Sandecker.
(b) Director of NSA.
(c) Chief of the National Intelligence Agency.
(d) Member of the joint chief of staff.
14. How does Pitt feel towards many of the people on the plane?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is disgusted by them.
(c) He admires them.
(d) He is angry at them.
15. Where does Pitt go at the airport?
(a) The military section.
(b) The airport manager.
(c) General transient aviation hanger.
(d) The terminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rondheim intend to do that Kelly doesn't know?
2. What does Pitt tell Sandecker when he arrives?
3. What does Pitt do about his pain as he goes for help?
4. What words does Pitt give Rondheim to finish the poem?
5. What does James Kelly hope to leave with his plans?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)