|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pitt and the others do after they return Rondheim's boat?
(a) Go to their motel.
(b) Go confront Rondheim.
(c) Go to Kirsti's office.
(d) Go to lunch.
2. What happens to Pitt right after the poetry reading?
(a) Someone puts a gun in his back.
(b) He returns to the motel.
(c) He is hit over the head and knocked unconscious.
(d) Kirsti takes him outside to talk to him.
3. What corporation does James Kelly talk about?
(a) Fyrie Limited.
(b) Hermit Limited.
(c) South America Mining, Inc.
(d) Ocean Resources, Inc.
4. What is Pitt wearing to the party?
(a) Green polyester suit.
(b) A pink jump suit with lace.
(c) A black velvet tuxedo.
(d) Red velvet.
5. What does James say he will do with everyone in the room who is not part of the plan?
(a) They will be held until his takeover is finished.
(b) They will be drugged with retrograde amnesia drugs.
(c) They will be dumped on a deserted island.
(d) They will all die.
6. Who does Tidi recognize in the crowd?
(a) A number of well known authors.
(b) Several of the world's wealthiest men.
(c) Several individuals from the government.
(d) Mobsters from New York.
7. Where does the captain take the vehicle with Pitt?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To land near the ravine.
(c) To pick up Sandecker.
(d) To the navy base on the ocean.
8. What does Pitt do at the beginning of the poetry reading?
(a) Laughs at Rondheim.
(b) Flirts with Kirsti.
(c) Whispers with Lillie.
(d) Falls asleep.
9. What does Pitt mention to Kelly that spoils his speech?
(a) That the Icelandic national guard are surrounding the place.
(b) That the South American governments have been warned.
(c) The Kirsti doesn't know how to use the probe.
(d) That Rondheim killed Hunnewell.
10. What does Rondheim do to Pitt?
(a) Takes him to South America.
(b) Beats Pitt severely.
(c) Breaks his arm.
(d) Injects him with poison.
11. Who was the man Pitt talked to at the airport?
(a) Hans Badenberger.
(b) Robert Tucker.
(c) Lewis Jhaniktsa.
(d) Sam Cashman.
12. When were the people injured?
(a) When they were thrown from the plane.
(b) After being drugged and put in the ravine.
(c) At the party.
(d) When the plane crashed.
13. How does Pitt know which way to go?
(a) He always turns left.
(b) He's unsure.
(c) He heads north on the north star.
(d) He follows the sunset.
14. How does Pitt respond to Rondhiem's question from question # 113?
(a) He doesn't date foreigners.
(b) He spends his money on art supplies, not clothes.
(c) That he heard a terrible explosion in the fog.
(d) He was married one time.
15. Who scratched his initials into the black jet?
(a) The owner of the jet.
(b) An employee of Rondheim's.
(c) An employee of Kirsti's.
(d) A mechanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt realize as he and Tidi mingle with the guests?
2. What does Pitt say at the hospital?
3. What is Pitt told at the airport about the black jet and who wanted work done?
4. What does Pitt realize on his way back from the airport?
5. What does Lippman tell Pitt at the hospital?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)