|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of markings does Pitt find on the jet?
(a) Two eagles painted on the top side.
(b) A call sign and the flag of Iceland.
(d) A call sign and a woman's name painted on the wing.
2. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) Right before landing on an iceberg.
(b) While flying to the second iceberg.
(c) About five minutes away from the cutter.
(d) Right after taking off from the cutter.
3. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
(a) An American base.
(b) Red dye.
(c) A Chinese submarine.
(d) An American flag.
4. What type of power does the sea probe use?
5. How well known was Kirsti before Kristjan died?
(a) She was quite active in churches in Iceland.
(b) She was known only as his sister.
(c) She was in the paper a few times.
(d) No one knew she existed.
6. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
(a) They've been set up.
(b) The radio won't work there.
(c) Hunnewell is a Russian agent.
(d) They are on the wrong side of the iceberg.
7. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
(a) Beef stew.
(b) Burnt oil.
8. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Two unidentified men.
(b) Dirk Pitt.
(c) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
(d) Commander Koski.
9. What could the sea probe Fyrie's company discovered do?
(a) Find fresh water pockets.
(b) Find any sunken ship.
(c) Find anything on the bottom of the ocean.
(d) Find pockets of magnum.
10. How did Hunnewell feel about Fyrie?
(a) He was skeptical about him.
(b) He didn't know him.
(c) He admired him.
(d) He was afraid of him.
11. What type of relationship does Tidi have with Sandecker?
(b) Personal assistant.
12. What does Pitt notice when Kristi arrives at the restaurant?
(a) Her polite and quiet ways.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her height.
13. How does Rondheim feel about Pitt when they meet?
(a) He thinks he's interesting.
(b) He dislikes him immediately.
(c) He thinks he's funny.
(d) He thinks Pitt is too intense.
14. How is Pitt dressed when he goes to borrow one of Rondheim's boats?
(a) As a surfer.
(b) As a naval officer.
(c) As a fisherman.
(d) As a gay artist.
15. The morning after Pitt arrives on the cutter where does Dover take him and Hunnewell?
(a) To the brig.
(b) To the helicopter pad.
(c) To the bridge.
(d) To the mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pitt surface after finally finding the jet?
2. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
3. What does Hunnewell do after they land on the iceberg?
4. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
5. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)