|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
2. What do Pitt and Sandecker discover once on the boat they chose?
(a) It is more suited to a lake.
(b) It has a small hole in the hull.
(c) It doesn't have a ship to shore radio.
(d) It has a powerful engine and electronics.
3. How is Pitt dressed when he goes to borrow one of Rondheim's boats?
(a) As a fisherman.
(b) As a gay artist.
(c) As a surfer.
(d) As a naval officer.
4. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Pitt and Hunnewell are questioned.
(b) There is no confrontation.
(c) Pitt shoots one of them.
(d) Hunnewell turns Pitt over to them.
5. What could the sea probe Fyrie's company discovered do?
(a) Find any sunken ship.
(b) Find fresh water pockets.
(c) Find pockets of magnum.
(d) Find anything on the bottom of the ocean.
6. What leads Sandecker to believe they have been spotted?
(b) Lights flashing Morse code.
(c) A flash of binoculars.
(d) Another boat passed close by.
7. What does Koski tell his Executive Officer?
(a) He doesn't tell his XO anything.
(b) To arrest the people on the helicopter.
(c) To bring the helicopter occupants to the bridge.
(d) To bring the helicopter pilot and passenger to the Officer's Mess.
8. What does Pitt notice when Kristi arrives at the restaurant?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her height.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her polite and quiet ways.
9. Why is Pitt on this mission?
(a) He volunteered.
(b) He likes to swim under icebergs.
(c) He was ordered to do it.
(d) His daughter has been kidnapped by men involved.
10. What did Kirsti do about the company after Kristjan died?
(a) Sold the company.
(b) Made a completely new board of directors.
(c) Took over for him.
(d) Brought in a new CEO.
11. What kind of markings does the black jet Pitt sees approaching them have?
12. What does the doctor tell Pitt about his visitors?
(a) They speak no English.
(b) They are imposters.
(c) They want to know where Hunnewell went.
(d) They want to arrest Pitt.
13. What did Hunnewell say Pitt didn't tell Koski about the discovery Fyrie made?
(a) About the Russian submarine field.
(b) About the sea probe.
(c) About the field of Zirconium.
(d) About the mid Atlantic fault area.
14. What does Koski do about Hunnewell's request?
(a) He has Hunnewell arrested.
(b) He begins to honor it immediately.
(c) He says it is impossible.
(d) He resists complying.
15. With whom does Pitt meet immediately after the crash?
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens right after Pitt returns to the water for the second time?
2. What does Pitt's boss say about his desire to solve the mystery?
3. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
4. What does the jet do when it gets close to Pitt and Hunnewell?
5. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)