|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Koski feel when he finds out the ship is not a Russian trawler?
2. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) Chinese soldiers.
(b) American naval personnel.
(c) Russian soldiers.
(d) French scientists.
3. What was Kirsti doing before Kristjan died?
(a) She worked in national intelligence.
(b) She was a college professor.
(c) She was a homemaker.
(d) She was a missionary.
4. Which Admiral is with Pitt when he wakes?
5. What is another mystery about the probe Pitt wants to solve?
(a) When the probe disappeared.
(b) Who has it.
(c) Who is able to run the probe.
(d) Who would want the probe.
6. What does Hunnewell say to Pitt after the crash?
(a) Find the sea probe.
(b) God save thee.
(c) I'm hurt bad.
(d) Find Kirsti.
7. What type of power does the sea probe use?
8. What does Pitt don to explore the wreck of the jet?
(a) Bathing suit.
(b) He goes in a diving bell.
(c) A wetsuit.
(d) He strips.
9. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
(a) An American base.
(b) An American flag.
(c) A Chinese submarine.
(d) Red dye.
10. What does Pitt tell Rondheim he does for a living?
(a) He works for the navy.
(b) He's a banker.
(c) He's a teacher.
(d) He's an artist.
11. What does Kirsti do when she sees her fiance at the restaurant?
(a) Asks him to join them.
(b) Tells him to meet him later at her house.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Asks him to leave.
12. What leads Sandecker to believe they have been spotted?
(a) Another boat passed close by.
(b) Lights flashing Morse code.
(d) A flash of binoculars.
13. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
(a) He knows very little.
(b) He knows more than the captain.
(c) He knows about what most naval personnel would know.
(d) A remarkable amount of information.
14. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Commander Koski.
(b) Two unidentified men.
(c) Dirk Pitt.
(d) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
15. What does Sandecker do at the restaurant before Kirsti arrives?
(a) Tells Tidi to order for him while he makes a call.
(b) Has Pitt call Koski.
(c) Asks about the helicopter crash.
(d) Reviews what they know about Kirsti.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
2. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
3. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
4. What did Hunnewell say was one of the big changes in Fyrie's life?
5. What is one of the mysteries Pitt wants to solve?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)