|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt say is located at coordinates given to Koski?
(a) Another Coast Guard ship in distress.
(b) A Navy battleship.
(c) A Chinese submarine.
(d) An important iceberg.
2. What happens to Hunnewell as a result of the crash?
(a) He is paralyzed.
(b) He loses his leg.
(c) He dies.
(d) He has a concussion.
3. What is obvious when they find the ship in the iceberg?
(a) Only about three crew members died.
(b) It is not a Russian spy ship.
(c) A fire killed everyone aboard instantly.
(d) The crew all left before the ship sunk.
4. What does the jet do when it gets close to Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Wiggles its wings.
(b) Fly by very close.
(d) Fires upon them.
5. What is the Coast Guard plane doing at the beginning of this novel?
(a) Looking for survivors of a ship wreck.
(b) It's on standard iceberg patrol.
(c) Tracking drug runners.
(d) Trying to find the north pole.
6. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
(a) They're twins.
(b) She's five years older.
(c) She's younger.
(d) She's two years older than him.
7. What did Kirsti do about the company after Kristjan died?
(a) Took over for him.
(b) Made a completely new board of directors.
(c) Sold the company.
(d) Brought in a new CEO.
8. How do Pitt and his boss feel about his immediate plans?
(b) They will take about a week to implement.
(c) Ready to go.
(d) They must be kept top secret.
9. What is one of the mysteries Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Where the probe is now.
(b) How the burned ship was put in the iceberg.
(c) Where Hunnewell got his information.
(d) Who killed Kristjan.
10. What does Pitt find in the jet?
(a) Two crew members a a young boy.
(b) The bodies of the crew.
(c) Two crew members wearing Icelandic navy uniforms.
(d) A moray eel.
11. What does Pitt do after he wakes?
(a) Calls Blackburn in New York.
(b) Calls Hildbaum in San Diego.
(c) Calls Sandecker in Washington.
(d) Gets cleaned up in fresh clothes.
12. How is Pitt dressed when he goes to borrow one of Rondheim's boats?
(a) As a fisherman.
(b) As a naval officer.
(c) As a surfer.
(d) As a gay artist.
13. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
(a) A mastodon.
(b) A burned out ship.
(c) Some frozen people.
(d) An American and French flag.
14. What type of power does the sea probe use?
15. What does Pitt take from the men?
(a) Their clothes.
(b) Their wallets.
(c) Their weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of markings does the black jet Pitt sees approaching them have?
2. What does Pitt's boss say about his desire to solve the mystery?
3. What could the sea probe Fyrie's company discovered do?
4. Where does Pitt finally find initials carved?
5. What kind of markings does Pitt find on the jet?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)