|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
(a) An American and French flag.
(b) A mastodon.
(c) Some frozen people.
(d) A burned out ship.
2. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
(a) Washed up on the beach.
(b) In a hospital in Reykjavik.
(c) On a Russian trawler.
(d) Hanging onto the floating helicopter.
3. What woman is with Pitt when he wakes in Chapter Seven?
(c) An navy nurse.
4. What does the doctor tell Pitt about his visitors?
(a) They are imposters.
(b) They speak no English.
(c) They want to arrest Pitt.
(d) They want to know where Hunnewell went.
5. How do Pitt and his boss feel about his immediate plans?
(b) They must be kept top secret.
(c) They will take about a week to implement.
(d) Ready to go.
6. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
(a) The deck is icy.
(b) It's a very small deck.
(c) There's a severe storm.
(d) The wind is very strong.
7. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
(a) So people might get killed.
(b) He owes it to Hunnewell.
(c) He's angry and wants revenge.
(d) He is curious.
8. What is Pitt invited to do in Chapter Seven?
(a) Play golf with Sandecker.
(b) Speak to a group of Icelandic seamen.
(c) Dine with Kirsti.
(d) Fly to Paris with Roberts.
9. What kind of markings does Pitt find on the jet?
(a) A call sign and the flag of Iceland.
(c) A call sign and a woman's name painted on the wing.
(d) Two eagles painted on the top side.
10. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
(a) An American flag.
(b) An American base.
(c) A Chinese submarine.
(d) Red dye.
11. What does Pitt take from the men?
(b) Their weapons.
(c) Their wallets.
(d) Their clothes.
12. What does Pitt's boss say about his desire to solve the mystery?
(a) He will think about it.
(b) Absolutely not.
(c) Finally relents.
(d) He will go with Pitt.
13. The morning after Pitt arrives on the cutter where does Dover take him and Hunnewell?
(a) To the bridge.
(b) To the brig.
(c) To the helicopter pad.
(d) To the mess.
14. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) French scientists.
(b) Russian soldiers.
(c) American naval personnel.
(d) Chinese soldiers.
15. With whom does Pitt meet immediately after the crash?
(c) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kirsti do about the company after Kristjan died?
2. What did Hunnewell say was one of the big changes in Fyrie's life?
3. What could the sea probe Fyrie's company discovered do?
4. Who is Pitt's boss?
5. What leads Sandecker to believe they have been spotted?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)