|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
(a) A burned out ship.
(b) An American and French flag.
(c) A mastodon.
(d) Some frozen people.
2. What does Hunnewell do after they land on the iceberg?
(a) Sets up radio communications.
(b) Drinks some hot coffee.
(c) Talks to the men in navy jumpsuits.
(d) Probes for the ship.
3. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
(a) They're twins.
(b) She's five years older.
(c) She's two years older than him.
(d) She's younger.
4. What do Pitt and Kirsti do at first at the table in the restaurant?
(b) Exchange sarcasm.
(c) Ignore each other.
(d) Talk about the probe.
5. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
(b) Dirk Pitt.
(c) Two unidentified men.
(d) Commander Koski.
6. What is another mystery about the probe Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Who would want the probe.
(b) Who has it.
(c) When the probe disappeared.
(d) Who is able to run the probe.
7. What type of relationship does Tidi have with Sandecker?
(b) Personal assistant.
8. What does Pitt do before the helicopter crashes?
(a) Shoots the jet.
(b) Call in for help.
(c) Push Hunnewell out the door.
(d) Makes the jet crash.
9. How does Rondheim feel about Pitt when they meet?
(a) He thinks he's funny.
(b) He thinks Pitt is too intense.
(c) He dislikes him immediately.
(d) He thinks he's interesting.
10. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
(a) In a hospital in Reykjavik.
(b) On a Russian trawler.
(c) Hanging onto the floating helicopter.
(d) Washed up on the beach.
11. What does Pitt take from the men?
(a) Their wallets.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their weapons.
12. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
(a) He dislikes him immediately.
(b) He thinks he's interesting.
(c) He thinks he's funny.
(d) He likes the way he treats Kirsti.
13. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
(a) On a plane that landed in Belgium.
(b) In Kristjan's warehouse.
(c) Being used on a Russian vessel.
(d) On the ship, the Lax.
14. Why does Pitt surface after finally finding the jet?
(a) The water is very cold.
(b) There are too many sharks.
(c) His tank has run out of air.
(d) He needs more weight on his weight belt.
15. What do Pitt and Sandecker discover once on the boat they chose?
(a) It has a powerful engine and electronics.
(b) It is more suited to a lake.
(c) It doesn't have a ship to shore radio.
(d) It has a small hole in the hull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Pitt's next orders?
2. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
3. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
4. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
5. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)