|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
(a) On the ship, the Lax.
(b) On a plane that landed in Belgium.
(c) Being used on a Russian vessel.
(d) In Kristjan's warehouse.
2. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops a red dye flare on it.
(b) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(c) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(d) Drops a homing beacon on it.
3. What is another mystery about the probe Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Who has it.
(b) When the probe disappeared.
(c) Who would want the probe.
(d) Who is able to run the probe.
4. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
(d) The North Pole.
5. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) American naval personnel.
(b) Chinese soldiers.
(c) Russian soldiers.
(d) French scientists.
6. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
(a) Goes in the galley and makes lunch.
(b) Does her needlepoint.
(c) Sleeps on the deck.
(d) Dresses in his clothes and pretends to be him.
7. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
(a) On a Russian trawler.
(b) In a hospital in Reykjavik.
(c) Washed up on the beach.
(d) Hanging onto the floating helicopter.
8. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Change course.
(b) Radio Washington.
(c) Let them know in a couple of hours his decision.
(d) Put them in the brig.
9. Why does Pitt meet with an Admiral after he wakes?
(a) To get his next assignment.
(b) To tell him he quits.
(c) To brief him.
(d) To complain about crashing.
10. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) About five minutes away from the cutter.
(b) Right after taking off from the cutter.
(c) While flying to the second iceberg.
(d) Right before landing on an iceberg.
11. What does Pitt decide to do after he meets Rondheim?
(a) Takes Kirsti away from him.
(b) Picks a fight with him.
(c) Pretends he's a homosexual.
(d) Pretends he is married.
12. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
(a) He knows very little.
(b) He knows about what most naval personnel would know.
(c) A remarkable amount of information.
(d) He knows more than the captain.
13. What is one of the mysteries Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Where the probe is now.
(b) How the burned ship was put in the iceberg.
(c) Who killed Kristjan.
(d) Where Hunnewell got his information.
14. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
(a) Hunnewell is a Russian agent.
(b) The radio won't work there.
(c) They are on the wrong side of the iceberg.
(d) They've been set up.
15. What do Pitt and Sandecker discover once on the boat they chose?
(a) It has a small hole in the hull.
(b) It is more suited to a lake.
(c) It has a powerful engine and electronics.
(d) It doesn't have a ship to shore radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt tell Rondheim he does for a living?
2. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
3. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
4. What does Pitt don to explore the wreck of the jet?
5. What does Pitt's boss say about his desire to solve the mystery?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)