|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pitt and Sandecker discover once on the boat they chose?
(a) It has a powerful engine and electronics.
(b) It has a small hole in the hull.
(c) It is more suited to a lake.
(d) It doesn't have a ship to shore radio.
2. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) Right before landing on an iceberg.
(b) About five minutes away from the cutter.
(c) While flying to the second iceberg.
(d) Right after taking off from the cutter.
3. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) Russian soldiers.
(b) Chinese soldiers.
(c) American naval personnel.
(d) French scientists.
4. What does Koski do about Hunnewell's request?
(a) He resists complying.
(b) He says it is impossible.
(c) He has Hunnewell arrested.
(d) He begins to honor it immediately.
5. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
(a) He knows more than the captain.
(b) He knows about what most naval personnel would know.
(c) A remarkable amount of information.
(d) He knows very little.
6. What does Pitt take from the men?
(b) Their wallets.
(c) Their weapons.
(d) Their clothes.
7. What does Kirsti do when she sees her fiance at the restaurant?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Asks him to leave.
(c) Tells him to meet him later at her house.
(d) Asks him to join them.
8. What does Sandecker do at the restaurant before Kirsti arrives?
(a) Tells Tidi to order for him while he makes a call.
(b) Reviews what they know about Kirsti.
(c) Asks about the helicopter crash.
(d) Has Pitt call Koski.
9. How does Koski feel when he finds out the ship is not a Russian trawler?
10. Who visits Pitt where he is staying right after the crash?
(a) Icelandic navy personnel.
(b) Icelandic national security agents.
(c) Two Icelandic state troopers.
(d) Two men.
11. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
(a) Washed up on the beach.
(b) On a Russian trawler.
(c) Hanging onto the floating helicopter.
(d) In a hospital in Reykjavik.
12. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
(a) She's younger.
(b) They're twins.
(c) She's two years older than him.
(d) She's five years older.
13. Which Admiral is with Pitt when he wakes?
14. What does Pitt find in the jet?
(a) Two crew members a a young boy.
(b) A moray eel.
(c) The bodies of the crew.
(d) Two crew members wearing Icelandic navy uniforms.
15. What happens to Hunnewell as a result of the crash?
(a) He has a concussion.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is paralyzed.
(d) He loses his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rondheim feel about the way Pitt is behaving at the restaurant?
2. What was Kirsti doing before Kristjan died?
3. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
4. What woman is with Pitt when he wakes in Chapter Seven?
5. How well known was Kirsti before Kristjan died?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)