|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
(d) The North Pole.
2. What does the plane do when the crew sees something unusual in one of the icebergs?
(a) Flies lower.
(b) Returns to its ship.
(c) Radio to Dirk Pitt.
(d) Drop a bomb.
3. What does Pitt decide to do after he meets Rondheim?
(a) Pretends he is married.
(b) Picks a fight with him.
(c) Takes Kirsti away from him.
(d) Pretends he's a homosexual.
4. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
(a) So people might get killed.
(b) He owes it to Hunnewell.
(c) He's angry and wants revenge.
(d) He is curious.
5. Which Admiral is with Pitt when he wakes?
6. Why do Pitt and Hunnewell depart in the helicopter?
(a) To recon ahead.
(b) To find the Chinese submarine.
(c) To find the burned out ship.
(d) To check out the helicopter's engines.
7. What does Pitt find in the jet?
(a) The bodies of the crew.
(b) A moray eel.
(c) Two crew members wearing Icelandic navy uniforms.
(d) Two crew members a a young boy.
8. From what authority does Koski receive a message?
(a) The Director of the NSA.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) The Joint Chief of Staff.
(d) Admiral Sandecker.
9. What happens to Hunnewell as a result of the crash?
(a) He loses his leg.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is paralyzed.
(d) He has a concussion.
10. What is one of the mysteries Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Where the probe is now.
(b) Where Hunnewell got his information.
(c) How the burned ship was put in the iceberg.
(d) Who killed Kristjan.
11. With whom does Pitt meet immediately after the crash?
(b) A doctor.
12. What type of power does the sea probe use?
13. Why does Pitt meet with an Admiral after he wakes?
(a) To tell him he quits.
(b) To brief him.
(c) To get his next assignment.
(d) To complain about crashing.
14. What does Pitt do after seeing Koski?
(a) Call Sandecker.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Go to eat dinner.
(d) Tour the cutter.
15. What are Pitt's next orders?
(a) To take Tidi to Washington.
(b) To protect Kirsti.
(c) To go home.
(d) To find out who burned the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fyrie going to do with his sea probe?
2. What does Kirsti do when she sees her fiance at the restaurant?
3. Who did Sandecker send Pitt to find?
4. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
5. What could the sea probe Fyrie's company discovered do?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)