|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt do after he wakes?
(a) Calls Hildbaum in San Diego.
(b) Calls Sandecker in Washington.
(c) Gets cleaned up in fresh clothes.
(d) Calls Blackburn in New York.
2. What does Pitt tell Rondheim he does for a living?
(a) He's a banker.
(b) He works for the navy.
(c) He's an artist.
(d) He's a teacher.
3. What is the Coast Guard plane doing at the beginning of this novel?
(a) Trying to find the north pole.
(b) Looking for survivors of a ship wreck.
(c) Tracking drug runners.
(d) It's on standard iceberg patrol.
4. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
(a) On a Russian trawler.
(b) Washed up on the beach.
(c) In a hospital in Reykjavik.
(d) Hanging onto the floating helicopter.
5. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
(a) They're twins.
(b) She's younger.
(c) She's five years older.
(d) She's two years older than him.
6. What happens right after Pitt returns to the water for the second time?
(a) Sandecker falls asleep.
(b) A fog bank rolls in.
(c) A boat rams them.
(d) Pitt is attacked by a shark.
7. Why does Pitt meet with an Admiral after he wakes?
(a) To get his next assignment.
(b) To brief him.
(c) To tell him he quits.
(d) To complain about crashing.
8. How does Koski feel about Pitt after talking with him?
(b) More relaxed with him.
9. What does Pitt take from the men?
(b) Their weapons.
(c) Their wallets.
(d) Their clothes.
10. What kind of boat are they directed to at the dock?
(a) A derelict.
(b) A dinghy.
(c) A modern craft.
(d) An inflatable raft.
11. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
12. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the surface of the iceberg?
(a) A small camp with tents.
(b) A machine gun.
(c) An ice tunnel.
(d) Two seal cubs.
13. What does Pitt tell Koski about Hunnewell's request?
(a) He puts a gun to his head and tells him to do it.
(b) It is not that difficult.
(c) It comes from the highest authority.
(d) If he doesn't he could be bring up on a court martial.
14. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
(a) The North Pole.
15. Who has taken over Kristjan's company?
(c) The Icelandic government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is obvious when they find the ship in the iceberg?
2. What does Pitt decide to do after he meets Rondheim?
3. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
4. What is one of the mysteries Pitt wants to solve?
5. What do Pitt and Sandecker discover once on the boat they chose?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)