|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Admiral is with Pitt when he wakes?
2. What kind of markings does the black jet Pitt sees approaching them have?
3. With whom does Pitt meet immediately after the crash?
(a) A doctor.
4. What does Sandecker do at the restaurant before Kirsti arrives?
(a) Has Pitt call Koski.
(b) Reviews what they know about Kirsti.
(c) Tells Tidi to order for him while he makes a call.
(d) Asks about the helicopter crash.
5. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
(a) Goes in the galley and makes lunch.
(b) Does her needlepoint.
(c) Sleeps on the deck.
(d) Dresses in his clothes and pretends to be him.
6. How does Pitt feel following the crash?
(a) Deeply depressed.
(c) Happy to be alive.
7. What does Pitt say is located at coordinates given to Koski?
(a) An important iceberg.
(b) A Navy battleship.
(c) A Chinese submarine.
(d) Another Coast Guard ship in distress.
8. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
(a) An American base.
(b) An American flag.
(c) A Chinese submarine.
(d) Red dye.
9. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
(a) If it's a friend of his who is a pilot.
(b) Why the pilot didn't radio ahead.
(c) What is so urgent about the situation.
(d) To whom the helicopter belongs.
10. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
(a) In a hospital in Reykjavik.
(b) Hanging onto the floating helicopter.
(c) Washed up on the beach.
(d) On a Russian trawler.
11. What does Pitt do before the helicopter crashes?
(a) Call in for help.
(b) Shoots the jet.
(c) Push Hunnewell out the door.
(d) Makes the jet crash.
12. What does the doctor tell Pitt about his visitors?
(a) They want to know where Hunnewell went.
(b) They speak no English.
(c) They want to arrest Pitt.
(d) They are imposters.
13. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(b) Drops a red dye flare on it.
(c) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(d) Drops a homing beacon on it.
14. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
(a) Hunnewell is a Russian agent.
(b) The radio won't work there.
(c) They are on the wrong side of the iceberg.
(d) They've been set up.
15. The morning after Pitt arrives on the cutter where does Dover take him and Hunnewell?
(a) To the bridge.
(b) To the brig.
(c) To the helicopter pad.
(d) To the mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the mysteries Pitt wants to solve?
2. What does Pitt do after he wakes?
3. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
4. Where does Pitt finally find initials carved?
5. What is another mystery about the probe Pitt wants to solve?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)