|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kirsti do about the company after Kristjan died?
(a) Made a completely new board of directors.
(b) Brought in a new CEO.
(c) Took over for him.
(d) Sold the company.
2. What does Pitt do after seeing Koski?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Go to eat dinner.
(c) Call Sandecker.
(d) Tour the cutter.
3. What do Pitt and Sandecker discover once on the boat they chose?
(a) It has a powerful engine and electronics.
(b) It has a small hole in the hull.
(c) It doesn't have a ship to shore radio.
(d) It is more suited to a lake.
4. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
(a) In a hospital in Reykjavik.
(b) Washed up on the beach.
(c) On a Russian trawler.
(d) Hanging onto the floating helicopter.
5. How does Rondheim feel about Pitt when they meet?
(a) He dislikes him immediately.
(b) He thinks he's funny.
(c) He thinks Pitt is too intense.
(d) He thinks he's interesting.
6. What type of power does the sea probe use?
7. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
(a) He has no regard for anyone's safety.
(b) He is patient and gentle.
(c) He operates outside normal rules and regulations.
(d) He can be pushed around by others.
8. What does Pitt tell Rondheim he does for a living?
(a) He's a banker.
(b) He works for the navy.
(c) He's an artist.
(d) He's a teacher.
9. Who visits Pitt where he is staying right after the crash?
(a) Icelandic navy personnel.
(b) Icelandic national security agents.
(c) Two men.
(d) Two Icelandic state troopers.
10. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
(a) If it's a friend of his who is a pilot.
(b) What is so urgent about the situation.
(c) Why the pilot didn't radio ahead.
(d) To whom the helicopter belongs.
11. How does Rondheim feel about the way Pitt is behaving at the restaurant?
12. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
(a) Burnt oil.
(c) Beef stew.
13. Why is Pitt on this mission?
(a) He volunteered.
(b) He likes to swim under icebergs.
(c) He was ordered to do it.
(d) His daughter has been kidnapped by men involved.
14. How does Pitt feel following the crash?
(c) Deeply depressed.
(d) Happy to be alive.
15. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) While flying to the second iceberg.
(b) Right before landing on an iceberg.
(c) Right after taking off from the cutter.
(d) About five minutes away from the cutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hunnewell say was one of the big changes in Fyrie's life?
2. What is another mystery about the probe Pitt wants to solve?
3. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
4. What kind of boat are they directed to at the dock?
5. How did Hunnewell feel about Fyrie?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)