|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Pitt meet immediately after the crash?
(c) A doctor.
2. Who is Pitt's boss?
3. What does Pitt decide to do after he meets Rondheim?
(a) Picks a fight with him.
(b) Takes Kirsti away from him.
(c) Pretends he's a homosexual.
(d) Pretends he is married.
4. What does the plane do when the crew sees something unusual in one of the icebergs?
(a) Drop a bomb.
(b) Returns to its ship.
(c) Flies lower.
(d) Radio to Dirk Pitt.
5. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops a red dye flare on it.
(b) Drops a homing beacon on it.
(c) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(d) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
6. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
(a) She's two years older than him.
(b) They're twins.
(c) She's five years older.
(d) She's younger.
7. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
(a) He thinks he's funny.
(b) He likes the way he treats Kirsti.
(c) He dislikes him immediately.
(d) He thinks he's interesting.
8. What did Hunnewell say was one of the big changes in Fyrie's life?
(a) His wife died very young.
(b) He went from rich to poor.
(c) He moved from Iceland to New York.
(d) He went from poor to rich.
9. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
(a) Throw up from being sea sick.
(b) Drill a hole in the ice and place a charge.
(c) Takes a number of photographs.
(d) Slips and almost falls.
10. What does Pitt do after he wakes?
(a) Calls Sandecker in Washington.
(b) Calls Hildbaum in San Diego.
(c) Calls Blackburn in New York.
(d) Gets cleaned up in fresh clothes.
11. What kind of markings does Pitt find on the jet?
(a) A call sign and the flag of Iceland.
(c) Two eagles painted on the top side.
(d) A call sign and a woman's name painted on the wing.
12. What does Pitt do after seeing Koski?
(a) Go to eat dinner.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Tour the cutter.
(d) Call Sandecker.
13. What does Pitt take from the men?
(a) Their wallets.
(c) Their weapons.
(d) Their clothes.
14. What does Sandecker do at the restaurant before Kirsti arrives?
(a) Reviews what they know about Kirsti.
(b) Tells Tidi to order for him while he makes a call.
(c) Asks about the helicopter crash.
(d) Has Pitt call Koski.
15. What does Pitt do before the helicopter crashes?
(a) Push Hunnewell out the door.
(b) Shoots the jet.
(c) Makes the jet crash.
(d) Call in for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt's boss say about his desire to solve the mystery?
2. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
3. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
4. Why does Pitt meet with an Admiral after he wakes?
5. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell go after they leave the iceberg on which they landed?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)