|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the surface of the iceberg?
(a) Two seal cubs.
(b) A small camp with tents.
(c) A machine gun.
(d) An ice tunnel.
2. What does Pitt take from the men?
(a) Their weapons.
(c) Their clothes.
(d) Their wallets.
3. What does the jet do when it gets close to Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Wiggles its wings.
(b) Fly by very close.
(c) Fires upon them.
4. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
(a) On a plane that landed in Belgium.
(b) On the ship, the Lax.
(c) Being used on a Russian vessel.
(d) In Kristjan's warehouse.
5. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
(a) Slips and almost falls.
(b) Takes a number of photographs.
(c) Drill a hole in the ice and place a charge.
(d) Throw up from being sea sick.
6. How does Pitt feel following the crash?
(b) Deeply depressed.
(d) Happy to be alive.
7. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
8. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
(a) A Chinese submarine.
(b) An American flag.
(c) Red dye.
(d) An American base.
9. From what authority does Koski receive a message?
(a) The Director of the NSA.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) Admiral Sandecker.
(d) The Joint Chief of Staff.
10. Who visits Pitt where he is staying right after the crash?
(a) Two men.
(b) Icelandic national security agents.
(c) Two Icelandic state troopers.
(d) Icelandic navy personnel.
11. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
(a) He thinks he's funny.
(b) He likes the way he treats Kirsti.
(c) He dislikes him immediately.
(d) He thinks he's interesting.
12. What does Pitt find that isn't part of the jet?
(a) Two wooden boxes.
(b) A nuclear bomb.
(c) A trunk full of weapons.
(d) Fifteen crates of food.
13. Where does Pitt finally find initials carved?
(a) On the rear door.
(b) On the hydraulic shock absorber.
(c) On the arm of the co-pilot's seat.
(d) On the pilot's seat.
14. What was Fyrie going to do with his sea probe?
(a) Turn it over to the United States.
(b) Start a war.
(c) Sell it to the highest bidder.
(d) Take over the world.
15. How does Koski feel when he finds out the ship is not a Russian trawler?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt do after seeing Koski?
2. Why does Pitt surface after finally finding the jet?
3. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
4. How is Pitt dressed when he goes to borrow one of Rondheim's boats?
5. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)