|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hunnewell say was one of the big changes in Fyrie's life?
(a) He went from rich to poor.
(b) He went from poor to rich.
(c) He moved from Iceland to New York.
(d) His wife died very young.
2. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
(a) For flying there in a storm.
(b) For threatening Koski.
(c) For not pushing Koski harder for a decision.
(d) For lying to Koski.
3. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops a red dye flare on it.
(b) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(c) Drops a homing beacon on it.
(d) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
4. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the surface of the iceberg?
(a) An ice tunnel.
(b) A machine gun.
(c) A small camp with tents.
(d) Two seal cubs.
5. What leads Sandecker to believe they have been spotted?
(a) A flash of binoculars.
(b) Another boat passed close by.
(d) Lights flashing Morse code.
6. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
(a) Hunnewell is a Russian agent.
(b) They are on the wrong side of the iceberg.
(c) The radio won't work there.
(d) They've been set up.
7. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Dirk Pitt.
(b) Commander Koski.
(c) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
(d) Two unidentified men.
8. What happens right after Pitt returns to the water for the second time?
(a) Pitt is attacked by a shark.
(b) A fog bank rolls in.
(c) Sandecker falls asleep.
(d) A boat rams them.
9. What does Koski do about Hunnewell's request?
(a) He says it is impossible.
(b) He has Hunnewell arrested.
(c) He resists complying.
(d) He begins to honor it immediately.
10. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) About five minutes away from the cutter.
(b) While flying to the second iceberg.
(c) Right after taking off from the cutter.
(d) Right before landing on an iceberg.
11. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
(d) The North Pole.
12. What does the doctor tell Pitt about his visitors?
(a) They speak no English.
(b) They want to arrest Pitt.
(c) They want to know where Hunnewell went.
(d) They are imposters.
13. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
(a) There's a severe storm.
(b) The deck is icy.
(c) The wind is very strong.
(d) It's a very small deck.
14. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Radio Washington.
(b) Change course.
(c) Let them know in a couple of hours his decision.
(d) Put them in the brig.
15. What type of power does the sea probe use?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt say is located at coordinates given to Koski?
2. Why is Pitt on this mission?
3. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
4. What kind of markings does Pitt find on the jet?
5. What happens to Hunnewell as a result of the crash?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)