|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
(a) He owes it to Hunnewell.
(b) He's angry and wants revenge.
(c) He is curious.
(d) So people might get killed.
2. What does Hunnewell do after they land on the iceberg?
(a) Talks to the men in navy jumpsuits.
(b) Sets up radio communications.
(c) Drinks some hot coffee.
(d) Probes for the ship.
3. What does Pitt do before the helicopter crashes?
(a) Shoots the jet.
(b) Makes the jet crash.
(c) Push Hunnewell out the door.
(d) Call in for help.
4. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
(a) They're twins.
(b) She's five years older.
(c) She's two years older than him.
(d) She's younger.
5. Why is Pitt on this mission?
(a) He was ordered to do it.
(b) His daughter has been kidnapped by men involved.
(c) He volunteered.
(d) He likes to swim under icebergs.
6. What happens to Hunnewell as a result of the crash?
(a) He dies.
(b) He loses his leg.
(c) He has a concussion.
(d) He is paralyzed.
7. How did Hunnewell feel about Fyrie?
(a) He didn't know him.
(b) He was skeptical about him.
(c) He admired him.
(d) He was afraid of him.
8. What does Pitt find that isn't part of the jet?
(a) Two wooden boxes.
(b) Fifteen crates of food.
(c) A nuclear bomb.
(d) A trunk full of weapons.
9. What leads Sandecker to believe they have been spotted?
(a) Lights flashing Morse code.
(b) Another boat passed close by.
(c) A flash of binoculars.
10. What woman is with Pitt when he wakes in Chapter Seven?
(c) An navy nurse.
11. What could the sea probe Fyrie's company discovered do?
(a) Find any sunken ship.
(b) Find pockets of magnum.
(c) Find fresh water pockets.
(d) Find anything on the bottom of the ocean.
12. What is another mystery about the probe Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Who is able to run the probe.
(b) When the probe disappeared.
(c) Who would want the probe.
(d) Who has it.
13. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(b) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(c) Drops a homing beacon on it.
(d) Drops a red dye flare on it.
14. What is Pitt invited to do in Chapter Seven?
(a) Speak to a group of Icelandic seamen.
(b) Fly to Paris with Roberts.
(c) Dine with Kirsti.
(d) Play golf with Sandecker.
15. How does Pitt get the men into another room?
(a) Drugs them.
(b) Tricks them.
(c) Hits them over the head.
(d) Claims to be more injured than he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Pitt meet immediately after the crash?
2. What does Koski tell his Executive Officer?
3. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
4. Where is Pitt when he wakes up the morning after he crashes?
5. What does Koski do about Hunnewell's request?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)