|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hunnewell do after they land on the iceberg?
(a) Sets up radio communications.
(b) Drinks some hot coffee.
(c) Probes for the ship.
(d) Talks to the men in navy jumpsuits.
2. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
(a) What is so urgent about the situation.
(b) Why the pilot didn't radio ahead.
(c) To whom the helicopter belongs.
(d) If it's a friend of his who is a pilot.
3. What is another mystery about the probe Pitt wants to solve?
(a) When the probe disappeared.
(b) Who is able to run the probe.
(c) Who would want the probe.
(d) Who has it.
4. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
(a) On a plane that landed in Belgium.
(b) Being used on a Russian vessel.
(c) On the ship, the Lax.
(d) In Kristjan's warehouse.
5. With whom does Pitt meet immediately after the crash?
(b) A doctor.
6. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
(a) A Chinese submarine.
(b) An American base.
(c) Red dye.
(d) An American flag.
7. How does Rondheim feel about the way Pitt is behaving at the restaurant?
8. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
(c) Beef stew.
(d) Burnt oil.
9. What was Fyrie going to do with his sea probe?
(a) Sell it to the highest bidder.
(b) Take over the world.
(c) Turn it over to the United States.
(d) Start a war.
10. Why does Pitt surface after finally finding the jet?
(a) There are too many sharks.
(b) His tank has run out of air.
(c) The water is very cold.
(d) He needs more weight on his weight belt.
11. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
(a) They've been set up.
(b) They are on the wrong side of the iceberg.
(c) The radio won't work there.
(d) Hunnewell is a Russian agent.
12. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
(a) Goes in the galley and makes lunch.
(b) Sleeps on the deck.
(c) Dresses in his clothes and pretends to be him.
(d) Does her needlepoint.
13. How does Rondheim feel about Pitt when they meet?
(a) He thinks he's funny.
(b) He dislikes him immediately.
(c) He thinks he's interesting.
(d) He thinks Pitt is too intense.
14. What type of power does the sea probe use?
15. What does Pitt take from the men?
(a) Their clothes.
(b) Their wallets.
(c) Their weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pitt dressed when he goes to borrow one of Rondheim's boats?
2. What does Pitt do after he wakes?
3. What is obvious when they find the ship in the iceberg?
4. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the surface of the iceberg?
5. How did Hunnewell feel about Fyrie?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)