|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the jet do when it gets close to Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Fires upon them.
(b) Wiggles its wings.
(c) Fly by very close.
2. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
(a) The deck is icy.
(b) The wind is very strong.
(c) It's a very small deck.
(d) There's a severe storm.
3. Which Admiral is with Pitt when he wakes?
4. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the surface of the iceberg?
(a) An ice tunnel.
(b) A machine gun.
(c) A small camp with tents.
(d) Two seal cubs.
5. What was Kirsti doing before Kristjan died?
(a) She was a homemaker.
(b) She worked in national intelligence.
(c) She was a missionary.
(d) She was a college professor.
6. What kind of markings does the black jet Pitt sees approaching them have?
7. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
(a) A remarkable amount of information.
(b) He knows very little.
(c) He knows more than the captain.
(d) He knows about what most naval personnel would know.
8. How does Pitt get the men into another room?
(a) Tricks them.
(b) Claims to be more injured than he is.
(c) Hits them over the head.
(d) Drugs them.
9. What did Hunnewell say was one of the big changes in Fyrie's life?
(a) His wife died very young.
(b) He moved from Iceland to New York.
(c) He went from rich to poor.
(d) He went from poor to rich.
10. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
(a) He thinks he's funny.
(b) He dislikes him immediately.
(c) He likes the way he treats Kirsti.
(d) He thinks he's interesting.
11. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
(b) The North Pole.
12. What does Hunnewell say to Pitt after the crash?
(a) I'm hurt bad.
(b) Find Kirsti.
(c) God save thee.
(d) Find the sea probe.
13. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Two unidentified men.
(b) Dirk Pitt.
(c) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
(d) Commander Koski.
14. What does Pitt tell Rondheim he does for a living?
(a) He's a banker.
(b) He's a teacher.
(c) He's an artist.
(d) He works for the navy.
15. What does Pitt take from the men?
(b) Their wallets.
(c) Their weapons.
(d) Their clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hunnewell say Pitt didn't tell Koski about the discovery Fyrie made?
2. Who visits Pitt where he is staying right after the crash?
3. What does Pitt do after he wakes?
4. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
5. What woman is with Pitt when he wakes in Chapter Seven?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)