|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Hunnewell as a result of the crash?
(a) He dies.
(b) He has a concussion.
(c) He loses his leg.
(d) He is paralyzed.
2. What is one of the mysteries Pitt wants to solve?
(a) Where Hunnewell got his information.
(b) How the burned ship was put in the iceberg.
(c) Who killed Kristjan.
(d) Where the probe is now.
3. What does Sandecker do at the restaurant before Kirsti arrives?
(a) Tells Tidi to order for him while he makes a call.
(b) Has Pitt call Koski.
(c) Asks about the helicopter crash.
(d) Reviews what they know about Kirsti.
4. What kind of boat are they directed to at the dock?
(a) A modern craft.
(b) A derelict.
(c) A dinghy.
(d) An inflatable raft.
5. Which Admiral is with Pitt when he wakes?
6. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
(a) He knows about what most naval personnel would know.
(b) He knows very little.
(c) A remarkable amount of information.
(d) He knows more than the captain.
7. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) Right before landing on an iceberg.
(b) While flying to the second iceberg.
(c) About five minutes away from the cutter.
(d) Right after taking off from the cutter.
8. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
(a) An American base.
(b) An American flag.
(c) A Chinese submarine.
(d) Red dye.
9. What is Pitt invited to do in Chapter Seven?
(a) Speak to a group of Icelandic seamen.
(b) Fly to Paris with Roberts.
(c) Dine with Kirsti.
(d) Play golf with Sandecker.
10. What happens right after Pitt returns to the water for the second time?
(a) Sandecker falls asleep.
(b) A boat rams them.
(c) Pitt is attacked by a shark.
(d) A fog bank rolls in.
11. Why is Pitt on this mission?
(a) His daughter has been kidnapped by men involved.
(b) He volunteered.
(c) He was ordered to do it.
(d) He likes to swim under icebergs.
12. What does Pitt don to explore the wreck of the jet?
(a) Bathing suit.
(b) He strips.
(c) A wetsuit.
(d) He goes in a diving bell.
13. What does Pitt do before the helicopter crashes?
(a) Call in for help.
(b) Makes the jet crash.
(c) Push Hunnewell out the door.
(d) Shoots the jet.
14. What do Pitt and Kirsti do at first at the table in the restaurant?
(a) Exchange sarcasm.
(b) Talk about the probe.
(d) Ignore each other.
15. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops a red dye flare on it.
(b) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(c) Drops a homing beacon on it.
(d) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
2. Who visits Pitt where he is staying right after the crash?
3. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
4. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
5. What does Pitt tell Rondheim he does for a living?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)