|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
(a) He thinks he's funny.
(b) He dislikes him immediately.
(c) He likes the way he treats Kirsti.
(d) He thinks he's interesting.
2. What does Pitt tell Koski about Hunnewell's request?
(a) He puts a gun to his head and tells him to do it.
(b) It comes from the highest authority.
(c) If he doesn't he could be bring up on a court martial.
(d) It is not that difficult.
3. The morning after Pitt arrives on the cutter where does Dover take him and Hunnewell?
(a) To the bridge.
(b) To the mess.
(c) To the helicopter pad.
(d) To the brig.
4. What was Fyrie going to do with his sea probe?
(a) Turn it over to the United States.
(b) Take over the world.
(c) Sell it to the highest bidder.
(d) Start a war.
5. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
(a) Why the pilot didn't radio ahead.
(b) If it's a friend of his who is a pilot.
(c) What is so urgent about the situation.
(d) To whom the helicopter belongs.
6. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
(a) A small, locked metal box.
(b) A sealed envelope.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) A cassette tape.
7. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Hunnewell turns Pitt over to them.
(b) There is no confrontation.
(c) Pitt shoots one of them.
(d) Pitt and Hunnewell are questioned.
8. What kind of boat are they directed to at the dock?
(a) A modern craft.
(b) A dinghy.
(c) A derelict.
(d) An inflatable raft.
9. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) American naval personnel.
(b) Russian soldiers.
(c) Chinese soldiers.
(d) French scientists.
10. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
(a) For lying to Koski.
(b) For not pushing Koski harder for a decision.
(c) For flying there in a storm.
(d) For threatening Koski.
11. How do Pitt and his boss feel about his immediate plans?
(a) Ready to go.
(b) They will take about a week to implement.
(c) They must be kept top secret.
12. What does Hunnewell do after they land on the iceberg?
(a) Drinks some hot coffee.
(b) Talks to the men in navy jumpsuits.
(c) Sets up radio communications.
(d) Probes for the ship.
13. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
(b) Commander Koski.
(c) Dirk Pitt.
(d) Two unidentified men.
14. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
15. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
(a) He operates outside normal rules and regulations.
(b) He can be pushed around by others.
(c) He has no regard for anyone's safety.
(d) He is patient and gentle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
2. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
3. Where is Pitt when he wakes up the morning after he crashes?
4. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
5. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)