|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hunnewell feel about Fyrie?
(a) He was skeptical about him.
(b) He didn't know him.
(c) He was afraid of him.
(d) He admired him.
2. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
(a) Beef stew.
(d) Burnt oil.
3. How do Pitt and his boss feel about his immediate plans?
(b) They must be kept top secret.
(c) They will take about a week to implement.
(d) Ready to go.
4. What does Pitt decide to do after he meets Rondheim?
(a) Pretends he's a homosexual.
(b) Takes Kirsti away from him.
(c) Pretends he is married.
(d) Picks a fight with him.
5. What does Pitt do after he wakes?
(a) Calls Hildbaum in San Diego.
(b) Gets cleaned up in fresh clothes.
(c) Calls Sandecker in Washington.
(d) Calls Blackburn in New York.
6. How does Rondheim feel about the way Pitt is behaving at the restaurant?
7. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
(a) Goes in the galley and makes lunch.
(b) Sleeps on the deck.
(c) Dresses in his clothes and pretends to be him.
(d) Does her needlepoint.
8. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) French scientists.
(b) Chinese soldiers.
(c) American naval personnel.
(d) Russian soldiers.
9. What does Hunnewell say to Pitt after the crash?
(a) I'm hurt bad.
(b) Find the sea probe.
(c) God save thee.
(d) Find Kirsti.
10. What does Pitt tell Koski about Hunnewell's request?
(a) If he doesn't he could be bring up on a court martial.
(b) It is not that difficult.
(c) He puts a gun to his head and tells him to do it.
(d) It comes from the highest authority.
11. Which Admiral is with Pitt when he wakes?
12. What kind of boat are they directed to at the dock?
(a) An inflatable raft.
(b) A derelict.
(c) A modern craft.
(d) A dinghy.
13. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
(a) The North Pole.
14. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Hunnewell turns Pitt over to them.
(b) There is no confrontation.
(c) Pitt and Hunnewell are questioned.
(d) Pitt shoots one of them.
15. What woman is with Pitt when he wakes in Chapter Seven?
(b) An navy nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt take from the men?
2. How does Pitt get the men into another room?
3. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
4. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
5. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)