|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
(a) Takes a number of photographs.
(b) Drill a hole in the ice and place a charge.
(c) Throw up from being sea sick.
(d) Slips and almost falls.
2. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
(a) A cassette tape.
(b) A small, locked metal box.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) A sealed envelope.
3. What do Pitt and Sandecker discover once on the boat they chose?
(a) It has a small hole in the hull.
(b) It is more suited to a lake.
(c) It has a powerful engine and electronics.
(d) It doesn't have a ship to shore radio.
4. What does Hunnewell say to Pitt after the crash?
(a) Find the sea probe.
(b) God save thee.
(c) I'm hurt bad.
(d) Find Kirsti.
5. What does Pitt tell Koski about Hunnewell's request?
(a) He puts a gun to his head and tells him to do it.
(b) It comes from the highest authority.
(c) It is not that difficult.
(d) If he doesn't he could be bring up on a court martial.
6. Who is Pitt's boss?
7. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the surface of the iceberg?
(a) An ice tunnel.
(b) A machine gun.
(c) A small camp with tents.
(d) Two seal cubs.
8. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(b) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(c) Drops a red dye flare on it.
(d) Drops a homing beacon on it.
9. What is Pitt invited to do in Chapter Seven?
(a) Play golf with Sandecker.
(b) Speak to a group of Icelandic seamen.
(c) Dine with Kirsti.
(d) Fly to Paris with Roberts.
10. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
(a) It's a very small deck.
(b) The wind is very strong.
(c) There's a severe storm.
(d) The deck is icy.
11. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
(a) A burned out ship.
(b) An American and French flag.
(c) A mastodon.
(d) Some frozen people.
12. What does the doctor tell Pitt about his visitors?
(a) They want to arrest Pitt.
(b) They speak no English.
(c) They are imposters.
(d) They want to know where Hunnewell went.
13. How did Hunnewell feel about Fyrie?
(a) He was afraid of him.
(b) He was skeptical about him.
(c) He admired him.
(d) He didn't know him.
14. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
(a) He has no regard for anyone's safety.
(b) He is patient and gentle.
(c) He can be pushed around by others.
(d) He operates outside normal rules and regulations.
15. Which Admiral is with Pitt when he wakes?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Pitt meet immediately after the crash?
2. What does Pitt take from the men?
3. Who did Sandecker send Pitt to find?
4. What kind of boat are they directed to at the dock?
5. What are Pitt's next orders?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)