|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
(a) He dislikes him immediately.
(b) He thinks he's funny.
(c) He likes the way he treats Kirsti.
(d) He thinks he's interesting.
2. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
(a) Why the pilot didn't radio ahead.
(b) If it's a friend of his who is a pilot.
(c) To whom the helicopter belongs.
(d) What is so urgent about the situation.
3. What does Pitt do after he wakes?
(a) Calls Hildbaum in San Diego.
(b) Calls Sandecker in Washington.
(c) Gets cleaned up in fresh clothes.
(d) Calls Blackburn in New York.
4. Why do Pitt and Hunnewell depart in the helicopter?
(a) To find the Chinese submarine.
(b) To find the burned out ship.
(c) To check out the helicopter's engines.
(d) To recon ahead.
5. What does the doctor tell Pitt about his visitors?
(a) They want to arrest Pitt.
(b) They want to know where Hunnewell went.
(c) They speak no English.
(d) They are imposters.
6. What are Pitt's next orders?
(a) To find out who burned the ship.
(b) To take Tidi to Washington.
(c) To go home.
(d) To protect Kirsti.
7. What does the jet do when it gets close to Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Wiggles its wings.
(b) Fires upon them.
(d) Fly by very close.
8. What was Fyrie going to do with his sea probe?
(a) Start a war.
(b) Take over the world.
(c) Turn it over to the United States.
(d) Sell it to the highest bidder.
9. Why does Pitt meet with an Admiral after he wakes?
(a) To get his next assignment.
(b) To complain about crashing.
(c) To brief him.
(d) To tell him he quits.
10. Where does Pitt finally find initials carved?
(a) On the hydraulic shock absorber.
(b) On the rear door.
(c) On the arm of the co-pilot's seat.
(d) On the pilot's seat.
11. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
(a) Drill a hole in the ice and place a charge.
(b) Takes a number of photographs.
(c) Slips and almost falls.
(d) Throw up from being sea sick.
12. How does Rondheim feel about the way Pitt is behaving at the restaurant?
13. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell go after they leave the iceberg on which they landed?
(a) Back to the first iceberg.
(b) They fly over the Chinese sub and drop depth charges.
(c) Back to the ship.
(d) They head north looking for another iceberg.
14. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
(a) A burned out ship.
(b) An American and French flag.
(c) Some frozen people.
(d) A mastodon.
15. What does Pitt find in the jet?
(a) Two crew members wearing Icelandic navy uniforms.
(b) Two crew members a a young boy.
(c) A moray eel.
(d) The bodies of the crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Sandecker to believe they have been spotted?
2. What is another mystery about the probe Pitt wants to solve?
3. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
4. What does Kirsti do when she sees her fiance at the restaurant?
5. What do Pitt and Kirsti do at first at the table in the restaurant?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)