|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Koski do about Hunnewell's request?
(a) He begins to honor it immediately.
(b) He says it is impossible.
(c) He resists complying.
(d) He has Hunnewell arrested.
2. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
(a) Does her needlepoint.
(b) Sleeps on the deck.
(c) Goes in the galley and makes lunch.
(d) Dresses in his clothes and pretends to be him.
3. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Put them in the brig.
(b) Let them know in a couple of hours his decision.
(c) Change course.
(d) Radio Washington.
4. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
(a) Hanging onto the floating helicopter.
(b) On a Russian trawler.
(c) Washed up on the beach.
(d) In a hospital in Reykjavik.
5. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
6. How do Pitt and his boss feel about his immediate plans?
(a) They will take about a week to implement.
(b) Ready to go.
(c) They must be kept top secret.
7. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
(a) A cassette tape.
(b) A piece of paper.
(c) A sealed envelope.
(d) A small, locked metal box.
8. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
(a) For threatening Koski.
(b) For lying to Koski.
(c) For not pushing Koski harder for a decision.
(d) For flying there in a storm.
9. What does Pitt take from the men?
(a) Their wallets.
(b) Their clothes.
(c) Their weapons.
10. What is Pitt invited to do in Chapter Seven?
(a) Fly to Paris with Roberts.
(b) Dine with Kirsti.
(c) Play golf with Sandecker.
(d) Speak to a group of Icelandic seamen.
11. Who is Pitt's boss?
12. What does Sandecker do at the restaurant before Kirsti arrives?
(a) Reviews what they know about Kirsti.
(b) Tells Tidi to order for him while he makes a call.
(c) Asks about the helicopter crash.
(d) Has Pitt call Koski.
13. Where does Pitt finally find initials carved?
(a) On the hydraulic shock absorber.
(b) On the pilot's seat.
(c) On the arm of the co-pilot's seat.
(d) On the rear door.
14. What does Pitt do before the helicopter crashes?
(a) Push Hunnewell out the door.
(b) Makes the jet crash.
(c) Shoots the jet.
(d) Call in for help.
15. How does Pitt get the men into another room?
(a) Hits them over the head.
(b) Drugs them.
(c) Tricks them.
(d) Claims to be more injured than he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell go after they leave the iceberg on which they landed?
2. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
3. What does Pitt's boss say about his desire to solve the mystery?
4. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
5. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)