|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt find in the jet?
(a) Two crew members wearing Icelandic navy uniforms.
(b) A moray eel.
(c) Two crew members a a young boy.
(d) The bodies of the crew.
2. What type of relationship does Tidi have with Sandecker?
(b) Personal assistant.
3. Why is Pitt on this mission?
(a) He volunteered.
(b) His daughter has been kidnapped by men involved.
(c) He likes to swim under icebergs.
(d) He was ordered to do it.
4. What woman is with Pitt when he wakes in Chapter Seven?
(d) An navy nurse.
5. What was Kirsti doing before Kristjan died?
(a) She worked in national intelligence.
(b) She was a college professor.
(c) She was a missionary.
(d) She was a homemaker.
6. What does Koski tell his Executive Officer?
(a) He doesn't tell his XO anything.
(b) To bring the helicopter pilot and passenger to the Officer's Mess.
(c) To bring the helicopter occupants to the bridge.
(d) To arrest the people on the helicopter.
7. What did Hunnewell say was one of the big changes in Fyrie's life?
(a) His wife died very young.
(b) He went from poor to rich.
(c) He moved from Iceland to New York.
(d) He went from rich to poor.
8. Who did Sandecker send Pitt to find?
(a) Kirsti Fyrie.
(b) The captain of the ship.
(c) A Russian spy the ship was bringing to the U.S.
(d) Kristjan Fyrie.
9. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Radio Washington.
(b) Let them know in a couple of hours his decision.
(c) Put them in the brig.
(d) Change course.
10. How does Pitt get the men into another room?
(a) Tricks them.
(b) Drugs them.
(c) Claims to be more injured than he is.
(d) Hits them over the head.
11. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell go after they leave the iceberg on which they landed?
(a) Back to the first iceberg.
(b) They fly over the Chinese sub and drop depth charges.
(c) They head north looking for another iceberg.
(d) Back to the ship.
12. What does Pitt tell Rondheim he does for a living?
(a) He's an artist.
(b) He's a teacher.
(c) He works for the navy.
(d) He's a banker.
13. What does Kirsti do when she sees her fiance at the restaurant?
(a) Asks him to leave.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Asks him to join them.
(d) Tells him to meet him later at her house.
14. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
(a) Takes a number of photographs.
(b) Drill a hole in the ice and place a charge.
(c) Slips and almost falls.
(d) Throw up from being sea sick.
15. How do Pitt and his boss feel about his immediate plans?
(a) Ready to go.
(b) They will take about a week to implement.
(c) They must be kept top secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
2. With whom does Pitt meet immediately after the crash?
3. Why does Pitt meet with an Admiral after he wakes?
4. Why does Pitt surface after finally finding the jet?
5. How does Koski feel about Pitt after talking with him?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)