|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Sandecker send Pitt to find?
(a) A Russian spy the ship was bringing to the U.S.
(b) The captain of the ship.
(c) Kirsti Fyrie.
(d) Kristjan Fyrie.
2. What does the jet do when it gets close to Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Wiggles its wings.
(c) Fly by very close.
(d) Fires upon them.
3. What type of relationship does Tidi have with Sandecker?
(c) Personal assistant.
4. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Dirk Pitt.
(b) Two unidentified men.
(c) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
(d) Commander Koski.
5. What does Hunnewell say to Pitt after the crash?
(a) Find Kirsti.
(b) Find the sea probe.
(c) I'm hurt bad.
(d) God save thee.
6. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
(a) Some frozen people.
(b) A mastodon.
(c) A burned out ship.
(d) An American and French flag.
7. What leads Sandecker to believe they have been spotted?
(a) A flash of binoculars.
(b) Lights flashing Morse code.
(d) Another boat passed close by.
8. What does Pitt begin to suspect as Hunnewell works?
(a) Hunnewell is a Russian agent.
(b) They've been set up.
(c) They are on the wrong side of the iceberg.
(d) The radio won't work there.
9. Why does Pitt meet with an Admiral after he wakes?
(a) To tell him he quits.
(b) To complain about crashing.
(c) To get his next assignment.
(d) To brief him.
10. What kind of boat are they directed to at the dock?
(a) A derelict.
(b) An inflatable raft.
(c) A modern craft.
(d) A dinghy.
11. How does Koski feel about Pitt after talking with him?
(c) More relaxed with him.
12. Who is Pitt's boss?
13. What is Pitt invited to do in Chapter Seven?
(a) Play golf with Sandecker.
(b) Fly to Paris with Roberts.
(c) Dine with Kirsti.
(d) Speak to a group of Icelandic seamen.
14. What do Pitt and Sandecker discover once on the boat they chose?
(a) It has a powerful engine and electronics.
(b) It doesn't have a ship to shore radio.
(c) It has a small hole in the hull.
(d) It is more suited to a lake.
15. What does Pitt do after seeing Koski?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Go to eat dinner.
(c) Tour the cutter.
(d) Call Sandecker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
2. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
3. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
4. What does Koski do about Hunnewell's request?
5. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)