Short Answer Key
Prologue, Chapter One
1. What is the Coast Guard plane doing at the beginning of this novel?
It's on standard iceberg patrol.
2. What does the plane do when the crew sees something unusual in one of the icebergs?
3. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
A burned out ship.
4. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
Drops a red dye flare on it.
5. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
Two unidentified men.
6. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
7. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
There's a severe storm.
8. What does Koski tell his Executive Officer?
To bring the helicopter pilot and passenger to the Officer's Mess.
9. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
What is so urgent about the situation....
This section contains 2,329 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)