|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
(a) Being used on a Russian vessel.
(b) On a plane that landed in Belgium.
(c) In Kristjan's warehouse.
(d) On the ship, the Lax.
2. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
(a) The deck is icy.
(b) There's a severe storm.
(c) It's a very small deck.
(d) The wind is very strong.
3. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Radio Washington.
(b) Put them in the brig.
(c) Let them know in a couple of hours his decision.
(d) Change course.
4. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) French scientists.
(b) American naval personnel.
(c) Chinese soldiers.
(d) Russian soldiers.
5. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
(b) The North Pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Kristjan is Kirsti?
2. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
3. What does Pitt say is the reason he needs to pursue the mystery of the ship and the probe?
4. How does Rondheim feel about Pitt when they meet?
5. How does Pitt feel about Oskar Rondheim when he meets him?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)