|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Chapter Three and Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the men in the boat confront Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Hunnewell turns Pitt over to them.
(b) Pitt and Hunnewell are questioned.
(c) Pitt shoots one of them.
(d) There is no confrontation.
2. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
(a) Slips and almost falls.
(b) Drill a hole in the ice and place a charge.
(c) Takes a number of photographs.
(d) Throw up from being sea sick.
3. How does Koski feel when he finds out the ship is not a Russian trawler?
4. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) French scientists.
(b) American naval personnel.
(c) Russian soldiers.
(d) Chinese soldiers.
5. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
(a) He is patient and gentle.
(b) He can be pushed around by others.
(c) He has no regard for anyone's safety.
(d) He operates outside normal rules and regulations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Koski feel about Pitt after talking with him?
2. What does Koski tell his Executive Officer?
3. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
4. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the surface of the iceberg?
5. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)