|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Chapter Three and Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is obvious when they find the ship in the iceberg?
(a) A fire killed everyone aboard instantly.
(b) It is not a Russian spy ship.
(c) The crew all left before the ship sunk.
(d) Only about three crew members died.
2. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
(a) A cassette tape.
(b) A sealed envelope.
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) A small, locked metal box.
3. From what authority does Koski receive a message?
(a) The Joint Chief of Staff.
(b) Admiral Sandecker.
(c) The Director of the NSA.
(d) The President of the United States.
4. What does Pitt smell when they land on another iceberg?
(a) Beef stew.
(d) Burnt oil.
5. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Commander Koski.
(b) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
(c) Dirk Pitt.
(d) Two unidentified men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
2. What does Koski do about Hunnewell's request?
3. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
4. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
5. What is the Coast Guard plane doing at the beginning of this novel?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)