|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Chapter Three and Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Coast Guard plane doing at the beginning of this novel?
(a) Tracking drug runners.
(b) It's on standard iceberg patrol.
(c) Trying to find the north pole.
(d) Looking for survivors of a ship wreck.
2. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
(a) He is patient and gentle.
(b) He can be pushed around by others.
(c) He operates outside normal rules and regulations.
(d) He has no regard for anyone's safety.
3. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
(a) For threatening Koski.
(b) For lying to Koski.
(c) For not pushing Koski harder for a decision.
(d) For flying there in a storm.
4. Why do Pitt and Hunnewell depart in the helicopter?
(a) To find the burned out ship.
(b) To find the Chinese submarine.
(c) To check out the helicopter's engines.
(d) To recon ahead.
5. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) While flying to the second iceberg.
(b) Right after taking off from the cutter.
(c) Right before landing on an iceberg.
(d) About five minutes away from the cutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
2. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
3. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
4. What does the plane do when the crew sees something unusual in one of the icebergs?
5. The morning after Pitt arrives on the cutter where does Dover take him and Hunnewell?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)