|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Chapter Three and Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
(a) He has no regard for anyone's safety.
(b) He is patient and gentle.
(c) He operates outside normal rules and regulations.
(d) He can be pushed around by others.
2. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
3. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
(a) It's a very small deck.
(b) The wind is very strong.
(c) The deck is icy.
(d) There's a severe storm.
4. Why do Pitt and Hunnewell depart in the helicopter?
(a) To recon ahead.
(b) To find the Chinese submarine.
(c) To find the burned out ship.
(d) To check out the helicopter's engines.
5. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Change course.
(b) Put them in the brig.
(c) Let them know in a couple of hours his decision.
(d) Radio Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first iceberg Pitt found to be lacking?
2. What does Pitt do after seeing Koski?
3. Why is Pitt on this mission?
4. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
5. The morning after Pitt arrives on the cutter where does Dover take him and Hunnewell?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)