|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Chapter Three and Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) About five minutes away from the cutter.
(b) Right before landing on an iceberg.
(c) While flying to the second iceberg.
(d) Right after taking off from the cutter.
2. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
(a) An American and French flag.
(b) A mastodon.
(c) Some frozen people.
(d) A burned out ship.
3. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
(a) A piece of paper.
(b) A sealed envelope.
(c) A cassette tape.
(d) A small, locked metal box.
4. What does the plane do when the crew sees something unusual in one of the icebergs?
(a) Flies lower.
(b) Returns to its ship.
(c) Radio to Dirk Pitt.
(d) Drop a bomb.
5. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops a homing beacon on it.
(b) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(c) Drops a red dye flare on it.
(d) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
2. The morning after Pitt arrives on the cutter where does Dover take him and Hunnewell?
3. What does Pitt tell Koski about Hunnewell's request?
4. How does Koski feel when he finds out the ship is not a Russian trawler?
5. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell go after they leave the iceberg on which they landed?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)