|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Chapter Three and Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
(a) He operates outside normal rules and regulations.
(b) He is patient and gentle.
(c) He can be pushed around by others.
(d) He has no regard for anyone's safety.
2. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(b) Drops a homing beacon on it.
(c) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(d) Drops a red dye flare on it.
3. What do Pitt and Hunnewell find on the surface of the iceberg?
(a) A small camp with tents.
(b) A machine gun.
(c) An ice tunnel.
(d) Two seal cubs.
4. Who watches the Coast Guard ship fly away?
(a) Two unidentified men.
(b) Commander Koski.
(c) Dirk Pitt.
(d) Dr. Bill Hunnewell.
5. Why is Pitt on this mission?
(a) He likes to swim under icebergs.
(b) He was ordered to do it.
(c) His daughter has been kidnapped by men involved.
(d) He volunteered.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
2. What does Hunnewell give Koski when he sees him?
3. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell go after they leave the iceberg on which they landed?
4. What does Pitt say is located at coordinates given to Koski?
5. From what authority does Koski receive a message?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)