|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Chapter Three and Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt tell Koski about Hunnewell's request?
(a) It is not that difficult.
(b) He puts a gun to his head and tells him to do it.
(c) If he doesn't he could be bring up on a court martial.
(d) It comes from the highest authority.
2. Why is it difficult for the helicopter to land on Koski's cutter?
(a) The wind is very strong.
(b) There's a severe storm.
(c) It's a very small deck.
(d) The deck is icy.
3. What does Hunnewell do after they land on the iceberg?
(a) Probes for the ship.
(b) Sets up radio communications.
(c) Talks to the men in navy jumpsuits.
(d) Drinks some hot coffee.
4. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
(a) Russian soldiers.
(b) American naval personnel.
(c) French scientists.
(d) Chinese soldiers.
5. What does the plane do when the crew sees something unusual in one of the icebergs?
(a) Flies lower.
(b) Drop a bomb.
(c) Radio to Dirk Pitt.
(d) Returns to its ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sandecker send Pitt to find?
2. What is the Coast Guard plane doing at the beginning of this novel?
3. Why is Pitt on this mission?
4. What has Koski puzzled about the landing of the helicopter?
5. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)