|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Chapter Three and Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pitt's actions in Chapter One suggest about the man?
(a) He can be pushed around by others.
(b) He has no regard for anyone's safety.
(c) He is patient and gentle.
(d) He operates outside normal rules and regulations.
2. What does Hunnewell do while they are walking on the iceberg?
(a) Slips and almost falls.
(b) Drill a hole in the ice and place a charge.
(c) Throw up from being sea sick.
(d) Takes a number of photographs.
3. What does Hunnewell do after they land on the iceberg?
(a) Talks to the men in navy jumpsuits.
(b) Sets up radio communications.
(c) Probes for the ship.
(d) Drinks some hot coffee.
4. What does Pitt know about the cutter's capabilities?
(a) A remarkable amount of information.
(b) He knows more than the captain.
(c) He knows about what most naval personnel would know.
(d) He knows very little.
5. Who did Sandecker send Pitt to find?
(a) Kirsti Fyrie.
(b) The captain of the ship.
(c) Kristjan Fyrie.
(d) A Russian spy the ship was bringing to the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hunnewell chastise Pitt?
2. What Coast Guard cutter does Lee Koski command?
3. What does the crew see in the iceberg?
4. What does Koski tell his Executive Officer?
5. Why is Pitt on this mission?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)