Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Chapter 10, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the crew mark the position of the iceberg?
(a) Drops a red dye flare on it.
(b) Shoots a harpoon on the top of it with a red flag.
(c) Drops four yellow buoys around it.
(d) Drops a homing beacon on it.
2. In the opening of Chapter Five where are Pitt and Hunnewell flying?
(d) The North Pole.
3. What does Tidi do when Pitt goes in the water?
(a) Goes in the galley and makes lunch.
(b) Does her needlepoint.
(c) Sleeps on the deck.
(d) Dresses in his clothes and pretends to be him.
4. What does Koski decide to do after talking with Pitt and Hunnewell?
(a) Change course.
(b) Radio Washington.
(c) Let them know in a couple of hours his decision.
(d) Put them in the brig.
5. When does Pitt see a Russian submarine?
(a) About five minutes away from the cutter.
(b) Right after taking off from the cutter.
(c) While flying to the second iceberg.
(d) Right before landing on an iceberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the probe the last time it was seen?
2. What is another mystery about the probe Pitt wants to solve?
3. Who was in the boat that left the submarine?
4. Where do Pitt and Hunnewell end up after the helicopter crashes?
5. Why does Pitt meet with an Admiral after he wakes?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)