* A Coast Guard plane on a routine patrol spots a burned out ship entombed in an iceberg.
* They drop a red dye flare and radio in their finding.
* Two men on the iceberg in white snowsuits watch and then radio an unknown party.
* A helicopter pilot is landing on the Coast Guard Cutter Catawaba in a severe storm.
* The commander tells his executive officer to bring the pilot and passenger to the officer mess.
* Koski, the commander is curious as to what is urgent to bring them out in such severe weather.
* The passenger, Dr. Hunnewell, gives Koski a piece of paper with new coordinates on it.
* Dirk Pitt says the authority comes from the highest source. They are the coordinates of an important iceberg.
* There is a Russian spy ship embedded in the berg and the ship contains vital information.
* Later, after Koski turns...
This section contains 1,668 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)