Part 1: "Hallo" - Chapters 1-2
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Alifirenka, Caitlin; Ganda, Martin; and Welch, Liz. I Will Always Write Back: How One Letter Changed Two Lives. Little, Brown, and Company, 2015. First Edition.
• I Will Always Write Back is told from two viewpoints. Chapters alternate between Caitlin and Martin throughout the book and are identified by date.
• Chapter 1: Caitlin, September 1997. The story begins with an adult Caitlin remembering her seventh-grade experience in choosing a pen pal at the beginning of the school year. She attended Pennfield Middle School in Hatfield, Pennsylvania.
• Caitlin's teacher, Mrs. Miller, was surprised by Caitlin's willingness to participate since she and her best friend Lauren were usually looking out the window and daydreaming about boys.
• Caitlin was interested in the last country listed on the board and asked how to pronounce it. "....there was something...
This section contains 12,085 words
(approx. 41 pages at 300 words per page)