|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Dr. Calvin and the Co-ordinator in the beginning of “The Evitable Conflict”?
2. According to Calvin in “Liar!,” the kind of harm referred to in the First Law is expanding to include the concept of what in Herbie?
3. What Latin theatrical term does Dr. Calvin refer to in “The Evitable Conflict”?
4. What is the character of Levver’s first name in the novel?
5. Who saves Dr. Calvin from being attacked by the robot in the end of “Little Lost Robot”?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Stephen Byerley care for secretly in “Evidence”? How does this character respond to the information about the interview?
2. What has been related to Byerley regarding the problems in the Eastern Region in “The Evitable Conflict”?
3. What information does Francis Quinn present to Dr. Lanning in the beginning of “Evidence”?
4. What is the conclusion of I, Robot as seen in “The Evitable Conflict”?
5. What types of books does Dr. Calvin bring to Herbie in “Liar!” Which does he prefer?
6. What is the basis of Dr. Calvin’s fear of the robots and their capabilities in “Little Lost Robot”?
7. What is related of the problems in the Tropic Region in “The Evitable Conflict”?
8. How are the Three Laws of Robotics explored thematically in “Little Lost Robot”?
9. What is significant about the conclusions of Byerley’s identity in “Evidence”?
10. What does Stephen Byerley tell Dr. Calvin and Dr. Lanning upon their departure from the interview in “Evidence”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the setting of “Runaround.” In what year does the story begin? Where are Donovan and Powell stationed? What is the purpose of mining selenium?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the setting of “Reason.” On what planet are Donovan and Powell stationed? What is the purpose of their mission there? What robot accompanies them on their mission?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the setting of “Little Lost Robot.” How does this setting relate to others in the collection? In what year does the story begin? How many hears had passed since the hyperatomic motor had been invented and what significance does this have in the story?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)