|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Brain is described as being a globe that is how big?
(a) 2 inches.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 2 feet.
(d) 6 feet.
2. Powell and Donovan liken the experience of crossing the interstellar jump to what in “Escape!”?
(a) Having a nightmare.
(b) Doing drugs.
(c) Being drunk.
(d) Being dead.
3. What year is it in the beginning of “Liar!”?
4. What is Ashe’s first name in the novel?
5. When did a new social atmosphere in France tumble first the Bourbons and, eventually, the Hapsburgs, according to the Co-ordinator in “The Evitable Conflict”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Calvin tells the interviewer that when she was born, we had just been through what, in “Evidence”?
2. Susan Calvin takes Herbie two kinds of books in “Liar!” What is the second type of books?
3. How long does The Brain say it will take to build a ship in “Escape!”?
4. What is the Capital of the Eastern Region in “The Evitable Conflict”?
5. The food supplies on the ship made by The Brain consist solely of what, in “Escape!”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the story “Liar!” mark a turning point in I, Robot?
2. What types of books does Dr. Calvin bring to Herbie in “Liar!” Which does he prefer?
3. What is significant about the malfunction of The Brain in “Escape!”?
4. What is foreshadowed through the plot of “Liar!”?
5. What situation does Dr. Lanning explain to Calvin and Bogert in the beginning of “Escape!”?
6. How does Dr. Calvin react to the information about the modified First Law in the robots in “Little Lost Robot”?
7. What conclusion does The Brain reach upon analyzing all of the data in “Escape!”? Why does this concern Dr. Calvin?
8. What is decided as the course of action among the executives in the beginning of “Escape!”?
9. What is asked by the Sub-Coordinator of the European Region in “The Evitable Conflict”?
10. Where are Dr. Calvin and Dr. Bogert in the beginning of “Little Lost Robot”? Who greets them?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)