|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bogert tells the military officer in “Little Lost Robot” that Dr. Calvin has what kind of tendencies?
2. Dr. Calvin tells the interviewer that when she was born what had come to an end in “Evidence”?
3. Susan Calvin takes Herbie two kinds of books in “Liar!” What is the first type of books?
(a) Postmodern dramas.
(b) Mystery novels.
(c) Shakespearean plays.
(d) Mathematical textbooks.
4. What does the Co-ordinator say is two months behind schedule in “The Evitable Conflict”?
(a) The Mexican Canal.
(b) The South African Canal.
(c) The Pan-American Canal.
(d) The Erie Canal.
5. Where does the Co-ordinator say that the Mercury mines have experienced a production deficiency since last spring in “The Evitable Conflict”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stephen Byerley went on to become the first what in his political career, according to Dr. Calvin in “Evidence”?
2. Susan Calvin takes Herbie two kinds of books in “Liar!” What is the second type of books?
3. How many of the new NS-2s have been released in “Little Lost Robot”?
4. When she is leaving Stephen Byerley’s office, Dr. Calvin tells him that she hopes to vote for him in five years for what in “Evidence”?
5. When did a new social atmosphere in France tumble first the Bourbons and, eventually, the Hapsburgs, according to the Co-ordinator in “The Evitable Conflict”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Three Laws of Robotics explored thematically in “Little Lost Robot”?
2. Who issues the orders for the process of investigation in “Liar!”?
3. What is foreshadowed through the plot of “Liar!”?
4. Whom does Stephen Byerley care for secretly in “Evidence”? How does this character respond to the information about the interview?
5. What problem is presented in the beginning of “Little Lost Robot”?
6. What has been related to Byerley regarding the problems in the Eastern Region in “The Evitable Conflict”?
7. What is significant about the conclusions of Byerley’s identity in “Evidence”?
8. What do Dr. Calvin and Dr. Lanning relate to Francis Quinn after their interview with Stephen Byerley in “Evidence”?
9. What does Dr. Calvin tell The Brain about its coming project in “Escape!”?
10. What types of books does Dr. Calvin bring to Herbie in “Liar!” Which does he prefer?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)