|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Susan Calvin takes Herbie two kinds of books in “Liar!” What is the second type of books?
(a) Shakespearean plays.
(b) Romance novels.
(c) Postmodern dramas.
(d) Mystery novels.
2. What year is it in the beginning of “Liar!”?
3. According to Calvin in “Liar!,” the kind of harm referred to in the First Law is expanding to include the concept of what in Herbie?
(a) Hypothetical pain.
(b) Physical pain.
(c) Emotional pain.
(d) Existential dilemma.
4. The “Society for Humanity” is an outgrowth of what former organization in “The Evitable Conflict”?
(a) The Fundamentalists.
(b) The Observers.
(c) The Proletariats.
(d) The Communists.
5. When does Dr. Calvin say that Stephen Byerley died in “Evidence”?
(a) 10 years ago.
(b) 2 years ago.
(c) 1 year ago.
(d) 4 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. The food supplies on the ship made by The Brain consist solely of what, in “Escape!”?
2. Dr. Calvin reveals that the man who Stephen Byerley hit in the crowd was what in “Evidence”?
3. What numbered robot does Dr. Calvin ask if it were in the “Radiation Room of Building Two about four hours ago”?
4. What does Dr. Calvin call out over her shoulder to the press as she leaves the public rally in “Evidence”?
5. The robots in “Little Lost Robot” have been programmed with a modified version of the First Law, removing what provision?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Dr. Calvin and Dr. Bogert in the beginning of “Little Lost Robot”? Who greets them?
2. How does Stephen Byerley attempt to disprove the allegation against him in the interview with Calvin and Lanning in “Evidence”? How does Dr. Calvin respond?
3. What is significant about the conclusions of Byerley’s identity in “Evidence”?
4. What problem is presented in the beginning of “Little Lost Robot”?
5. How does Dr. Calvin react to the information about the modified First Law in the robots in “Little Lost Robot”?
6. What types of books does Dr. Calvin bring to Herbie in “Liar!” Which does he prefer?
7. What situation does Dr. Lanning explain to Calvin and Bogert in the beginning of “Escape!”?
8. What does Stephen Byerley tell Dr. Calvin and Dr. Lanning upon their departure from the interview in “Evidence”?
9. What is related of the Northern Region in “The Evitable Conflict”?
10. What information does Francis Quinn present to Dr. Lanning in the beginning of “Evidence”?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)