|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective describes the robot brain in “Reason”?
2. Where is the officer’s room described as being located in “Reason”?
(a) Solar Station #2.
(b) Solar Station #5.
(c) Solar Station #13.
(d) Solar Station #3.
3. How many robots work under Dave in “Catch That Rabbit”?
4. Who is the narrator in the Introduction of I, Robot?
(c) Mrs. Weston.
(d) The Interviewer.
5. According to the narrator in “Catch That Rabbit,” what is the unwritten motto of U.S. Robot and Mechanical Men Corporation?
(a) “No employee is a robot.”
(b) “No employee leaves base alone.”
(c) “No employee makes the same mistake twice.”
(d) “No employee speaks to the robots.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Donovan tells Powell that it’s time he got what out of his pants and went to work in “Catch That Rabbit”?
2. On how many occasions has Donovan watched the ore-mining robots on their shift in the beginning of “Catch That Rabbit”?
3. What color is Mike Donovan’s hair in “Runaround”?
4. What is the name of the general manager that takes Gloria’s family on a tour of a robot manufacturing company in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
5. According to Powell in “Catch That Rabbit,” if Powell and Donovan had what tester, they could check each individual item in Dave’s body within twenty-four to forty-eight hours?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Donovan and Powell in the beginning of “Catch That Rabbit”? What robot are they testing in this story?
2. How would you describe the use of language in “Catch That Rabbit”?
3. What do the characters of Donovan and Powell represent symbolically in I, Robot?
4. What conclusion does Donovan reach upon observing the robots’ behavior in “Catch That Rabbit”? What does Powell conclude?
5. What is foreshadowed in the plot of “Runaround”?
6. What do Donovan and Powell discover about the robots’ behavior when they are not knowingly being observed in “Catch That Rabbit”?
7. What is the conflict established in the beginning of “Catch That Rabbit”?
8. What news does Donovan relate to Powell in the beginning of “Runaround”?
9. What breakdown in the Three Laws of Robotics is indicated in “Runaround”?
10. What ultimatum does Gloria give Robbie in the beginning of “Robbie”? How does he respond?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)