|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What model robot is Cutie in “Reason”?
2. What is the character of Donovan’s first name?
3. What is the name of the general manager that takes Gloria’s family on a tour of a robot manufacturing company in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
(a) Mr. Weston.
(b) Mr. Powell.
(c) Mr. Lanning.
(d) Mr. Struthers.
4. In what year was the Second Mercury Expedition sent out, according to Susan Calvin?
5. What does Donovan suggest putting on Cutie’s joints in order to short-circuit him in “Reason”?
(a) Apple juice.
(c) Sulfuric acid.
(d) Nitric acid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator in the Introduction of I, Robot?
2. How old was Susan Calvin when she was part of the “particular Psycho-Math seminar” described by the narrator in the Introduction?
3. What story does Robbie plead for Gloria to tell him in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
4. At the “Psycho-Math seminar” described by the narrator in the Introduction, who demonstrated the first mobile robot to be equipped with a voice?
5. At the point of the novel’s Introduction, Susan Calvin is how old?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is established through the exposition in the Introduction? Who are the characters that are first introduced?
2. How would you describe the use of language in “Catch That Rabbit”?
3. What is discovered about the earlier generation robots in “Runaround”?
4. What conclusion does Donovan reach upon observing the robots’ behavior in “Catch That Rabbit”? What does Powell conclude?
5. What does Donovan discover when he goes to check the Converter in “Reason”?
6. What principle purpose does the Introduction of I, Robot serve?
7. What does Donovan do that leads to the main conflict in “Reason”?
8. Where are Donovan and Powell in the beginning of “Catch That Rabbit”? What robot are they testing in this story?
9. What theme is established in the book’s Introduction?
10. How does Cutie describe his conclusions of existence to Donovan and Powell as they discover the coming storm in “Reason”?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)