|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many human executives are assigned to each space mining station according to Powell in “Reason”?
2. What refers to the type of space suits worn by Powell and Donovan in “Runaround”?
3. Powell refers to Cutie as a robot what in “Reason”?
4. What city do Gloria’s parents take her to visit in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
(a) New York City.
(b) Los Angeles.
5. What expletive does Donovan remark upon hearing of Cutie’s skepticism in “Reason”?
(a) “Molten Mercury.”
(b) “Pulsing Pluto.”
(c) “Sizzling Saturn.”
(d) “Maddening Mars.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the mining pool, causing danger to Speedy, in “Runaround”?
2. According to Susan Calvin, the model of robot which included Robbie was made and sold in what year?
3. What does Donovan spit on causing conflict in “Reason”?
4. What is “heading straight dead center across the Earth beam” in “Reason”?
5. The robot that Powell and Donovan put together to show Cutie how robots are made in “Reason” is a simple what model?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Donovan and Powell in the beginning of “Catch That Rabbit”? What robot are they testing in this story?
2. What does Donovan do that leads to the main conflict in “Reason”?
3. What ultimatum does Gloria give Robbie in the beginning of “Robbie”? How does he respond?
4. What is implied about the Interviewer in the book’s Introduction? Why is this significant?
5. What is foreshadowed by Dr. Calvin’s comments about labor unions and religious groups in the Introduction?
6. How would you describe the use of language in “Catch That Rabbit”?
7. How is the theme of faith explored in “Reason”?
8. What is the central objective of Gloria in “Robbie”? How does this relate to the story’s themes?
9. What news does Donovan relate to Powell in the beginning of “Runaround”?
10. What do Donovan and Powell observe when they first see Speedy in “Runaround”?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)