|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in the Introduction, the first mobile robot equipped with a voice was destined for the projected mines where?
2. In what year did Susan Calvin earn her Ph.D., according to the narrator of the Introduction?
3. What adjective describes the robot brain in “Reason”?
4. What color is Mike Donovan’s hair in “Runaround”?
5. What is the name of the dog that Gloria’s parents give her when Robbie is sent away in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the robots in “Catch That Rabbit” begin doing when they are supposedly unobserved by Powell and Donovan at the mines?
2. Who had first taken out incorporation papers for U. S. Robot and Mechanical Men, Inc., according to the narrator in the Introduction?
3. According to Donovan in “Runaround,” he sent Speedy to the nearest mining pool which was how many miles away from Donovan and Powell’s location in “Runaround”?
4. What model robot is Cutie in “Reason”?
5. How far across does Powell tell Cutie the space station is in “Reason”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cutie describe his conclusions of existence to Donovan and Powell as they discover the coming storm in “Reason”?
2. What theme is introduced in “Runaround”?
3. What principle purpose does the Introduction of I, Robot serve?
4. What conclusion does Donovan reach upon observing the robots’ behavior in “Catch That Rabbit”? What does Powell conclude?
5. What is taking place in the beginning of “Robbie”? How are the principle characters described?
6. How would you describe the use of language in “Catch That Rabbit”?
7. How is the theme of faith explored in “Reason”?
8. What does Donovan do that leads to the main conflict in “Reason”?
9. What breakdown in the Three Laws of Robotics is indicated in “Runaround”?
10. How does Mrs. Weston explain Robbie’s absence when he is sent away in “Robbie”?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)