|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Catch the Rabbit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the Three Laws of Robotics?
(a) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the other two Laws.
(b) A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
(c) A robot must strive to supersede authority from humankind when necessary.
(d) A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. How much time passes between “Runaround” and “Reason”?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 week.
3. What do the robots in “Catch That Rabbit” begin doing when they are supposedly unobserved by Powell and Donovan at the mines?
(a) Climbing the mountain.
(b) Kneeling and praying.
(d) Marching in unison.
4. What year is it in the Introduction to the novel?
5. The narrator of the Introduction states that he had spent how many days at U.S. Robots?
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Robbie plead for Gloria to tell him in Chapter One, “Robbie”?
2. What encyclopedia does the narrator mention in the novel’s Introduction?
3. What refers to the type of space suits worn by Powell and Donovan in “Runaround”?
4. Where is the officer’s room described as being located in “Reason”?
5. Who is the narrator in the Introduction of I, Robot?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)