|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lois Phillips Hudson believes that the fear of ________ steals women's creative energy.
2. What is the title of Kate Millett's first book?
3. What form is the poem "First Time: 1950" written in?
4. What causes Beverly Sky to have to go to church early?
5. What is the girl looking at inside the fence in "Street Fair"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
2. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
3. What happens to the little girl in Martha Roger's story "Street Fair"?
4. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
5. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
6. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
7. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
8. What happened to Lillian Kelly and how did she handle the pain that followed?
9. Who molests Honor Moore?
10. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the generational effect of child sexual abuse as demonstrated in the lives of these women and what can be done to change this pattern?
Essay Topic 2
How did these experiences serve as a lens for both how these women saw the world and themselves? What did these women gain from these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How has reading this anthology helped form your view of child sexual abuse? What should be done to help survivors, both as children and adults, deal with the abuse? What should be done to punish or help the abusers?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)