|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lillian Kelly use for an analogy of how the abuse affected her?
2. Who is Lillian Kelly worried about in her poem "Aftermath"?
3. How old is Jade Gates when she was divorced with two young children?
4. How old is Ann Simonton in the story "Trophy Girl"?
5. What is the name of the little girl's brother in "Street Fair"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
2. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
3. Who were the Kanagys to Karen Asherah?
4. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
5. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
6. Who is Patsy in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
7. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
8. What was Honor Moore's childhood like?
9. What happens to Jana Vincenti when she is only seven?
10. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between guilt and shame and the role these emotions played in the pieces throughout the anthology. Give examples by using quotes to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Compare this anthology to other works about child sexual abuse in terms of content, theme and the p of its message.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism used in the pieces "Remembering Dream" and "My Half Sleep." What distance to the event do these symbols create for both the author and the reader?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)