Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Beverly Sky to have to go to church early?
2. How old is Jana Vincenti when raped by her mother's boyfriend?
3. How old is Billie Holiday when she is nearly raped?
4. Who does Billie Holiday make her first record with?
5. What does the little girl's family think is making her sick in "Street Fair"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose of this analogy, the effectiveness of the pieces chosen and whether that purpose was accomplished. Give specific examples of analogies from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
According to Ellen Bass in the Introduction, why is there such a stigma associated with childhood sexual abuse? Why does Bass contend that openly discussing sexual abuse will help diminish this stigma and perhaps even the frequency with which the abuse is perpetrated? Do you agree or disagree?
Essay Topic 3
Should these women be defined as having survived the abuse or defined by what they accomplished in their lives, despite the abuse? Can one truly be separated from the other? Why or why not?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)