|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lois Phillips Hudson says writers have to have the ego of _________.
2. Naomi Schwartz is abandoned by her _________.
3. What does the boyfriend offer to give Jana Vincenti if she lets him do things to her?
4. Who is Lillian Kelly worried about in her poem "Aftermath"?
5. Where is the shoe store in Pat Parker's story "Shoes"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ann Simonton's experience as a model?
2. Who is Patsy in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
3. Why does Jana Vincenti's mother want to help her deal with the pain of the rape?
4. What happened to Lillian Kelly and how did she handle the pain that followed?
5. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
6. What happens to the little girl in Martha Roger's story "Street Fair"?
7. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
8. Who molests Honor Moore?
9. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
10. What was Honor Moore's childhood like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss several pieces in terms of the role setting plays in the narrative of the abuse. Give specific examples from each piece that you discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some of the things that these women lost, sometimes even through the next generation, as a result of childhood abuse.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the purpose of this analogy, the effectiveness of the pieces chosen and whether that purpose was accomplished. Give specific examples of analogies from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)