|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sister Ann shares a room with in "Trophy Girl"?
2. What does the little girl's family think is making her sick in "Street Fair"?
3. How old is Honor Moore in the events described in "First Time: 1950"?
4. Beverly Sky's mother is ____________.
5. What color is Mrs. Jefferson's hair in "The Fourth of July"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Patsy in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
2. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
3. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
4. What is the main thing Lois Phillips Hudson laments in her essay "Why Aren't There More Creative Women""?
5. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
6. What was Honor Moore's childhood like?
7. Who molests Honor Moore?
8. Who is Kate Millett?
9. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
10. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of justice and injustice as depicted in several pieces in the anthology.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism used in the pieces "Remembering Dream" and "My Half Sleep." What distance to the event do these symbols create for both the author and the reader?
Essay Topic 3
What is the paradox that often exists for children who experienced sexual abuse? How does this paradox affect both how they endure the abuse and how they handle the aftermath?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)