|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jana Vincenti when raped by her mother's boyfriend?
2. What is the father's name in the story "Shoes"?
3. Karen Asherah goes to the Kanagy's for _________.
4. What kind of pool do the Jeffersons have in "The Fourth of July"?
5. Lois Phillips Hudson says writers have to have the ego of _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
2. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
3. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
4. Who molests Honor Moore?
5. Who is Patsy in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
6. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
7. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
8. What happened to Lillian Kelly and how did she handle the pain that followed?
9. What happens to the little girl in Martha Roger's story "Street Fair"?
10. What is the main thing Lois Phillips Hudson laments in her essay "Why Aren't There More Creative Women""?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the generational effect of child sexual abuse as demonstrated in the lives of these women and what can be done to change this pattern?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the more brutal stories of abuse in "It Began for Me" and "A Totally White World" in terms of tone and thematic content.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of justice and injustice as depicted in several pieces in the anthology.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)