|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lillian Kelly born?
2. Lois Phillips Hudson says writers have to have the ego of _________.
3. Who does Billie Holiday make her first record with?
4. Who is on trial when Honor Moore began writing her poem,"First Time: 1950" ?
5. What does the man in the car admire about Kate Millett's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
2. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
3. Who molests Honor Moore?
4. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
5. Who is Kate Millett?
6. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
7. What happened to Lillian Kelly and how did she handle the pain that followed?
8. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
9. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
10. What happens to the little girl in Martha Roger's story "Street Fair"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to Ellen Bass in the Introduction, why is there such a stigma associated with childhood sexual abuse? Why does Bass contend that openly discussing sexual abuse will help diminish this stigma and perhaps even the frequency with which the abuse is perpetrated? Do you agree or disagree?
Essay Topic 2
How has reading this anthology helped form your view of child sexual abuse? What should be done to help survivors, both as children and adults, deal with the abuse? What should be done to punish or help the abusers?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism used in the pieces "Remembering Dream" and "My Half Sleep." What distance to the event do these symbols create for both the author and the reader?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)