|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the little girl in "Shoes" love to do with her father?
2. How old is Billie Holiday when she dies?
3. What religious occasion is it on the day Beverly Sky goes to the church early?
4. Miriam Monasch's father calls her his little _________.
5. What denomination is Honor Moore's father a minister in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
2. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
3. What happens to Jana Vincenti when she is only seven?
4. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
5. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
6. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
7. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
8. Who molests Honor Moore?
9. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
10. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of powerlessness and empowerment in terms of five women in the anthology. Give specific examples of themes from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Should these women be defined as having survived the abuse or defined by what they accomplished in their lives, despite the abuse? Can one truly be separated from the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the generational effect of child sexual abuse as demonstrated in the lives of these women and what can be done to change this pattern?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)