|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many abusive incidents does Jade Gates endure before the age of fourteen?
2. Where is Jana Vincenti's mom while her daughter is being raped?
3. What cartoon does Karen Asherah sometimes watch at the Kanagy's?
4. For how many years does Beverly Sky's father refuse to speak to her after the incident with the priest?
5. Who is on trial when Honor Moore began writing her poem,"First Time: 1950" ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
2. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
3. What was Ann Simonton's experience as a model?
4. Who is Kate Millett?
5. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
6. What happens to Jana Vincenti when she is only seven?
7. Who is Patsy in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
8. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
9. Who molests Honor Moore?
10. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose of this analogy, the effectiveness of the pieces chosen and whether that purpose was accomplished. Give specific examples of analogies from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
According to Ellen Bass in the Introduction, why is there such a stigma associated with childhood sexual abuse? Why does Bass contend that openly discussing sexual abuse will help diminish this stigma and perhaps even the frequency with which the abuse is perpetrated? Do you agree or disagree?
Essay Topic 3
Compare this anthology to other works about child sexual abuse in terms of content, theme and the p of its message.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)