|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Lois Phillips Hudson say Mr. Ahmann had?
2. What kind of tree is in the backyard of the Kanagy's house?
3. Where is Lillian Kelly born?
4. What is the name of the mom's boyfriend who rapes Jana Vincenti?
5. Where is Jana Vincenti's mom while her daughter is being raped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
2. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
3. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
4. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
5. Who is Kate Millett?
6. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
7. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
8. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
9. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
10. Who molests Honor Moore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did these experiences serve as a lens for both how these women saw the world and themselves? What did these women gain from these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Should these women be defined as having survived the abuse or defined by what they accomplished in their lives, despite the abuse? Can one truly be separated from the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the purpose of this analogy, the effectiveness of the pieces chosen and whether that purpose was accomplished. Give specific examples of analogies from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)