|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mom's boyfriend who rapes Jana Vincenti?
2. Billie Holiday is also known as ________.
3. What word does Jade Gates focus on in "And Now"?
4. What form is the poem "First Time: 1950" written in?
5. How many abusive incidents does Jade Gates endure before the age of fourteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
2. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
3. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
4. What is the main thing Lois Phillips Hudson laments in her essay "Why Aren't There More Creative Women""?
5. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
6. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
7. Who is Kate Millett?
8. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
9. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
10. What happens to Jana Vincenti when she is only seven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss three pieces in the anthology in terms of the imagery used and how imagery impacts both the literary and thematic aspects of the work.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between guilt and shame and the role these emotions played in the pieces throughout the anthology. Give examples by using quotes to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
What is the generational effect of child sexual abuse as demonstrated in the lives of these women and what can be done to change this pattern?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)