|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Kate Millett's first book?
2. What is the name of the man who wins both races in "Trophy Girl"?
3. How old is Jana Vincenti when raped by her mother's boyfriend?
4. What kind of music is playing at the party in "The Fourth of July"?
5. Where is Miriam molested in "The Fourth of July"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jana Vincenti when she is only seven?
2. What was Honor Moore's childhood like?
3. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
4. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
5. Who is Kate Millett?
6. Who were the Kanagys to Karen Asherah?
7. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
8. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
9. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
10. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the paradox that often exists for children who experienced sexual abuse? How does this paradox affect both how they endure the abuse and how they handle the aftermath?
Essay Topic 2
How has reading this anthology helped form your view of child sexual abuse? What should be done to help survivors, both as children and adults, deal with the abuse? What should be done to punish or help the abusers?
Essay Topic 3
Compare this anthology to other works about child sexual abuse in terms of content, theme and the p of its message.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)