|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lois Phillips Hudson is a professor at which university?
2. Where is Beverly Sky born?
3. What does Lillian Kelly use for an analogy of how the abuse affected her?
4. What is the name of the boy who molests Miriam in "The Fourth of July"?
5. How old is Jade Gates when she was divorced with two young children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Kate Millett?
2. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
3. What was Honor Moore's childhood like?
4. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
5. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
6. Why does Jana Vincenti's mother want to help her deal with the pain of the rape?
7. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
8. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
9. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
10. What was Ann Simonton's experience as a model?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss several pieces in terms of the role setting plays in the narrative of the abuse. Give specific examples from each piece that you discuss.
Essay Topic 2
How did these experiences serve as a lens for both how these women saw the world and themselves? What did these women gain from these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How has reading this anthology helped form your view of child sexual abuse? What should be done to help survivors, both as children and adults, deal with the abuse? What should be done to punish or help the abusers?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)