|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daddy Kanagy molest Karen Asherah again?
2. What is the girl looking at inside the fence in "Street Fair"?
3. Who is Lillian Kelly worried about in her poem "Aftermath"?
4. How old is Ann Simonton in the story "Trophy Girl"?
5. What does the little girl in "Shoes" love to do with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Kate Millett?
2. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
3. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
4. What is the main thing Lois Phillips Hudson laments in her essay "Why Aren't There More Creative Women""?
5. Why does Jana Vincenti's mother want to help her deal with the pain of the rape?
6. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
7. Who molests Honor Moore?
8. What was Ann Simonton's experience as a model?
9. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
10. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between guilt and shame and the role these emotions played in the pieces throughout the anthology. Give examples by using quotes to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the purpose of this analogy, the effectiveness of the pieces chosen and whether that purpose was accomplished. Give specific examples of analogies from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the more brutal stories of abuse in "It Began for Me" and "A Totally White World" in terms of tone and thematic content.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)