|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Beverly Sky to have to go to church early?
2. What kind of tree is in the backyard of the Kanagy's house?
3. What does Lillian Kelly use to help her cope with the pain of being molested?
4. Miriam's brother in "The Fourth of July" knows the Jefferson boy from ___________.
5. Lois Phillips Hudson is a professor at which university?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main thing Lois Phillips Hudson laments in her essay "Why Aren't There More Creative Women""?
2. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
3. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
4. Who were the Kanagys to Karen Asherah?
5. Who molests Honor Moore?
6. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
7. Who is Kate Millett?
8. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
9. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
10. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role that trust should play in the life of a child and how is this concept both perverted and obliterated for the victims of sexual abuse in this anthology?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism used in the pieces "Remembering Dream" and "My Half Sleep." What distance to the event do these symbols create for both the author and the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the purpose of this analogy, the effectiveness of the pieces chosen and whether that purpose was accomplished. Give specific examples of analogies from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)