|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sister Ann shares a room with in "Trophy Girl"?
2. What cartoon does Karen Asherah sometimes watch at the Kanagy's?
3. Who is on trial when Honor Moore began writing her poem,"First Time: 1950" ?
4. Who is Lillian Kelly worried about in her poem "Aftermath"?
5. What is Miriam Monasch waiting to eat after swimming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
2. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
3. What was Honor Moore's childhood like?
4. What was Ann Simonton's experience as a model?
5. Who is Kate Millett?
6. What is the main thing Lois Phillips Hudson laments in her essay "Why Aren't There More Creative Women""?
7. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
8. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
9. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
10. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the generational effect of child sexual abuse as demonstrated in the lives of these women and what can be done to change this pattern?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss several pieces in terms of the role setting plays in the narrative of the abuse. Give specific examples from each piece that you discuss.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the more brutal stories of abuse in "It Began for Me" and "A Totally White World" in terms of tone and thematic content.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)