|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks into the room when Daddy Kanagy is molesting Karen Asherah?
2. What is the girl looking at inside the fence in "Street Fair"?
3. How many abusive incidents does Jade Gates endure before the age of fourteen?
4. Who does Billie Holiday make her first record with?
5. Who molests Naomi Schwartz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
2. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
3. Who molests Honor Moore?
4. What happens to Jana Vincenti when she is only seven?
5. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
6. Who were the Kanagys to Karen Asherah?
7. Who is Patsy in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
8. What happens to the little girl in Martha Roger's story "Street Fair"?
9. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
10. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of justice and injustice as depicted in several pieces in the anthology.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the allegorical implications of "A Totally White World." Compare the experience of Hummy to those of Maya Angelou and Billie Holiday.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism used in the pieces "Remembering Dream" and "My Half Sleep." What distance to the event do these symbols create for both the author and the reader?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)