|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years does Beverly Sky's father refuse to speak to her after the incident with the priest?
2. Where is the shoe store in Pat Parker's story "Shoes"?
3. How old is Jana Vincenti when her mother helps her write "Daughter," about when she was raped?
4. Miriam Monasch's father calls her his little _________.
5. What religious occasion is it on the day Beverly Sky goes to the church early?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
2. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
3. What was Ann Simonton's experience as a model?
4. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
5. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
6. What happens to Jana Vincenti when she is only seven?
7. What happens to the little girl in Martha Roger's story "Street Fair"?
8. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
9. Who is Kate Millett?
10. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the themes of powerlessness and empowerment in terms of five women in the anthology. Give specific examples of themes from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
What role does the media play in perpetuating the image of women as objects of sexual pleasure? Do you agree with Ellen Bass's indictments of the media and society made in the Introduction?
Essay Topic 3
Compare this anthology to other works about child sexual abuse in terms of content, theme and the p of its message.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)