|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who wins both races in "Trophy Girl"?
2. Who does Billie Holiday make her first record with?
3. What kind of tree is in the backyard of the Kanagy's house?
4. Where is Jana Vincenti's mom while her daughter is being raped?
5. What does the man in the car admire about Kate Millett's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jana Vincenti's mother want to help her deal with the pain of the rape?
2. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
3. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
4. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
5. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
6. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
7. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
8. Who is Kate Millett?
9. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
10. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some of the things that these women lost, sometimes even through the next generation, as a result of childhood abuse.
Essay Topic 2
What is the paradox that often exists for children who experienced sexual abuse? How does this paradox affect both how they endure the abuse and how they handle the aftermath?
Essay Topic 3
How did these experiences serve as a lens for both how these women saw the world and themselves? What did these women gain from these experiences?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)