|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lillian Kelly born?
2. What is the name of the boy who molests Miriam in "The Fourth of July"?
3. What religious occasion is it on the day Beverly Sky goes to the church early?
4. What denomination is Honor Moore's father a minister in?
5. How old is Beverly Sky before she steps into a church again after the incident with the priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ann Simonton's experience as a model?
2. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
3. Who is Patsy in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
4. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
5. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
6. What was Honor Moore's childhood like?
7. Who is Kate Millett?
8. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
9. What happens to the little girl in Martha Roger's story "Street Fair"?
10. What happened to Lillian Kelly and how did she handle the pain that followed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose of this analogy, the effectiveness of the pieces chosen and whether that purpose was accomplished. Give specific examples of analogies from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss three pieces in the anthology in terms of the imagery used and how imagery impacts both the literary and thematic aspects of the work.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of justice and injustice as depicted in several pieces in the anthology.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)