|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the young man use to distract Honor Moore's baby brother?
2. What color is the Jefferson's living room in The Fourth of July?
3. How old is Ann Simonton in the story "Trophy Girl"?
4. What cartoon does Karen Asherah sometimes watch at the Kanagy's?
5. How many children does Lois Phillips Hudson say Mr. Ahmann had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Honor Moore's childhood like?
2. Who molests Honor Moore?
3. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
4. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
5. What is the main thing Lois Phillips Hudson laments in her essay "Why Aren't There More Creative Women""?
6. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
7. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
8. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
9. Who were the Kanagys to Karen Asherah?
10. What happened to Lillian Kelly and how did she handle the pain that followed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss several pieces in terms of the role setting plays in the narrative of the abuse. Give specific examples from each piece that you discuss.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the purpose of this analogy, the effectiveness of the pieces chosen and whether that purpose was accomplished. Give specific examples of analogies from the pieces chosen for your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of justice and injustice as depicted in several pieces in the anthology.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)