|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form is the poem "First Time: 1950" written in?
2. What does the little girl in "Shoes" love to do with her father?
3. Who does Billie Holiday make her first record with?
4. Lois Phillips Hudson believes that the fear of ________ steals women's creative energy.
5. Where was Mr. Ahmann taking Lois Phillips Hudson when he molested her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
2. Who is Kate Millett?
3. What happens to Jana Vincenti when she is only seven?
4. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
5. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
6. What was Ann Simonton's experience as a model?
7. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
8. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
9. Who were the Kanagys to Karen Asherah?
10. Who is Patsy in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism used in the pieces "Remembering Dream" and "My Half Sleep." What distance to the event do these symbols create for both the author and the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss which story resonated with you the most and why.
Essay Topic 3
How has reading this anthology helped form your view of child sexual abuse? What should be done to help survivors, both as children and adults, deal with the abuse? What should be done to punish or help the abusers?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)