|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jana Vincenti's mom, Arlene, when she is raped and becomes pregnant with Jana?
2. What is the name of the main character in "Shoes"?
3. What color is the bedroom of Naomi Schwartz's parents?
4. Miriam's brother in "The Fourth of July" knows the Jefferson boy from ___________.
5. What denomination is Honor Moore's father a minister in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
2. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
3. Why does Jana Vincenti's mother want to help her deal with the pain of the rape?
4. How is Lois Phillips Hudson molested in "Why Aren't There More Creative Women?"
5. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
6. What happened to Lillian Kelly and how did she handle the pain that followed?
7. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
8. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
9. What was Honor Moore's childhood like?
10. Who molests Honor Moore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the paradox that often exists for children who experienced sexual abuse? How does this paradox affect both how they endure the abuse and how they handle the aftermath?
Essay Topic 2
Should these women be defined as having survived the abuse or defined by what they accomplished in their lives, despite the abuse? Can one truly be separated from the other? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What role does the media play in perpetuating the image of women as objects of sexual pleasure? Do you agree with Ellen Bass's indictments of the media and society made in the Introduction?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)