|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Billie Holiday make her first record with?
(a) Benny Goodman.
(b) Willie Dixon.
(c) Glenn Miller.
(d) Muddy Waters.
2. What does the little girl's family think is making her sick in "Street Fair"?
(c) Cotton candy.
(d) Candy apples.
3. What cartoon does Karen Asherah sometimes watch at the Kanagy's?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) The Smurfs.
(c) Mighty Dog.
(d) Bugs Bunny.
4. What is the name of the man who tried to rape Billie Holiday?
(a) Mr. Jim.
(b) Mr. No Good.
(c) Mr. Man.
(d) Mr. Dick.
5. Who molests Lillian Kelly?
(a) A friend's father.
(c) Next door neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on trial when Honor Moore began writing her poem,"First Time: 1950" ?
2. How old is Jade Gates when she was divorced with two young children?
3. What color is the car that the man drives who stops to offer Kate Millett a ride in the snowstorm?
4. What does Jade Gates steal from Longs Drug Store?
5. Miriam Monasch's father calls her his little _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ann Simonton's experience as a model?
2. Why did Karen Asherah not tell her mother about Daddy Kanagy's unwanted touches?
3. Why does Jana Vincenti's mother want to help her deal with the pain of the rape?
4. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
5. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
6. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
7. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
8. Who molests Honor Moore?
9. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
10. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)