|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lois Phillips Hudson is a professor at which university?
(a) Georgetown University.
(b) University of Texas.
(c) Tufts University.
(d) University of Washington.
2. Where is Miriam molested in "The Fourth of July"?
(b) Living room.
3. What denomination is Honor Moore's father a minister in?
4. What is the title of Kate Millett's first book?
(a) Sexual Politics.
(b) Prostitution Papers.
(d) Trip to the Looney Bin.
5. What does the little girl's family think is making her sick in "Street Fair"?
(b) Candy apples.
(d) Cotton candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Billie Holiday when she dies?
2. How many children does Lois Phillips Hudson say Mr. Ahmann had?
3. Where is the shoe store in Pat Parker's story "Shoes"?
4. How old is Jana Vincenti when her mother helps her write "Daughter," about when she was raped?
5. Karen Asherah goes to the Kanagy's for _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Pat Parker in her story "Shoes"?
2. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
3. What happened to Lillian Kelly and how did she handle the pain that followed?
4. What happens to Jana Vincenti when she is only seven?
5. Who were the Kanagys to Karen Asherah?
6. What analogy does Lillian Kelly use to describe how the pain of the molestation affected her life?
7. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
8. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
9. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
10. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)