|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Karen Asherah's favorite show growing up?
(a) My Three Sons.
(b) The Patty Duke Show.
(c) Leave It To Beaver.
(d) Father Knows Best.
2. Where is Beverly Sky born?
3. Lois Phillips Hudson says writers have to have the ego of _________.
(a) A movie star.
(b) A man.
(d) A prizefighter.
4. How old is Beverly Sky before she steps into a church again after the incident with the priest?
(a) 19 years old.
(b) 25 years old.
(c) 44 years old.
(d) 70 years old.
5. How old is Jade Gates when she was divorced with two young children?
(a) 18 years old.
(b) 47 years old.
(c) 21 years old.
(d) 25 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sister Ann shares a room with in "Trophy Girl"?
2. How old is Billie Holiday when she is nearly raped?
3. Who does Billie Holiday make her first record with?
4. What kind of pool do the Jeffersons have in "The Fourth of July"?
5. Who is on trial when Honor Moore began writing her poem,"First Time: 1950" ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
2. Who is Kate Millett?
3. Who were the Kanagys to Karen Asherah?
4. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
5. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
6. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
7. What happens in the story "Trophy Girl"?
8. What was Honor Moore's childhood like?
9. Under what circumstances does Billie Holiday end up in a bedroom with the man who rapes her?
10. What was Ann Simonton's experience as a model?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)