|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Billie Holiday sent after the attempted rape?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) To a friend's home.
(c) A Catholic institution.
2. Who walks into the room when Daddy Kanagy is molesting Karen Asherah?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Mrs. Kanagy.
(d) Her mother.
3. What cartoon does Karen Asherah sometimes watch at the Kanagy's?
(a) Mighty Dog.
(b) Mickey Mouse.
(c) Bugs Bunny.
(d) The Smurfs.
4. What does the little girl's family think is making her sick in "Street Fair"?
(a) Cotton candy.
(d) Candy apples.
5. What is the name of the boy who molests Miriam in "The Fourth of July"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else kisses Ann in "Trophy Girl"?
2. Billie Holiday is also known as ________.
3. What is the name of the man who tried to rape Billie Holiday?
4. What is the name of the sister Ann shares a room with in "Trophy Girl"?
5. How old is Jana Vincenti when raped by her mother's boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Patsy in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
2. What happened to Lillian Kelly and how did she handle the pain that followed?
3. Who were the Kanagys to Karen Asherah?
4. What happens in "The Fourth of July"?
5. Why is the idea of innocence important to Jake Gates in "And Now"?
6. What happens in the poem "Peaches of My Childhood"?
7. What further indignity does Billie Holiday suffer after nearly being raped?
8. What two incidents with the priest did Beverly Sky have conflicting feelings about?
9. What did the priest's unwanted kiss cost Beverly Sky in "A Priest Kiss"?
10. What were the effects of several occurrences of sexual abuse on Miriam Monasch when she was younger?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)