|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many abusive incidents does Jade Gates endure before the age of fourteen?
2. What kind of music is playing at the party in "The Fourth of July"?
3. What color is the Jefferson's living room in The Fourth of July?
4. Naomi Schwartz is abandoned by her _________.
5. Miriam Monasch's father calls her his little _________.
6. What kind of pool do the Jeffersons have in "The Fourth of July"?
(d) Old Salty.
7. Billie Holiday is also known as ________.
(a) Billie Girl.
(b) Day Day.
(d) Lady Day.
8. Miriam's brother in "The Fourth of July" knows the Jefferson boy from ___________.
9. What is the name of the man who tried to rape Billie Holiday?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mr. No Good.
(c) Mr. Man.
(d) Mr. Jim.
10. Who molests Naomi Schwartz?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) A grocer.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A housepainter.
11. What does the boyfriend offer to give Jana Vincenti if she lets him do things to her?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A dollar.
(d) A kiss.
12. Lois Phillips Hudson is a professor at which university?
(a) University of Washington.
(b) Georgetown University.
(c) University of Texas.
(d) Tufts University.
13. Where is Lillian Kelly born?
14. How many children does Lois Phillips Hudson say Mr. Ahmann had?
(a) 13 children
(b) 10 children.
(c) 6 children.
(d) 3 children.
15. What is the overall feeling in the poem "Aftermath"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Billie Holiday when she dies?
2. What does the little girl's family think is making her sick in "Street Fair"?
3. Where does Daddy Kanagy molest Karen Asherah again?
4. How old is Honor Moore in the events described in "First Time: 1950"?
5. What is the name of the man who wins both races in "Trophy Girl"?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)