|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree is in the backyard of the Kanagy's house?
2. What religious occasion is it on the day Beverly Sky goes to the church early?
(a) Ash Wednesday.
(b) First Communion.
(c) All Saints Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
3. What word does Jade Gates focus on in "And Now"?
4. What causes Beverly Sky to have to go to church early?
(a) Swim practice.
(d) An ear infection.
5. What does the man in the car admire about Kate Millett's?
(a) Her briefcase.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her smile.
(d) Her necklace.
6. What is the father's name in the story "Shoes"?
7. Who molests Naomi Schwartz?
(a) A housepainter.
(b) A grocer.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) A neighbor.
8. Lois Phillips Hudson is a professor at which university?
(a) University of Washington.
(b) University of Texas.
(c) Georgetown University.
(d) Tufts University.
9. What kind of music is playing at the party in "The Fourth of July"?
10. What is Karen Asherah's favorite show growing up?
(a) Leave It To Beaver.
(b) My Three Sons.
(c) Father Knows Best.
(d) The Patty Duke Show.
11. Where is Beverly Sky born?
12. What is the girl looking at inside the fence in "Street Fair"?
13. How old is Jade Gates when she was divorced with two young children?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 47 years old.
(d) 21 years old.
14. Beverly Sky's mother is ____________.
15. How old is Billie Holiday when she began to sing professionally?
(a) 19 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the little girl's brother in "Street Fair"?
2. Where is Miriam molested in "The Fourth of July"?
3. What color is the car that the man drives who stops to offer Kate Millett a ride in the snowstorm?
4. What color is the bedroom of Naomi Schwartz's parents?
5. What is the name of the man who tried to rape Billie Holiday?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)