|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music is playing at the party in "The Fourth of July"?
2. Where is Beverly Sky born?
3. How old is Jana Vincenti when her mother helps her write "Daughter," about when she was raped?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 7 years old.
4. What form is the poem "First Time: 1950" written in?
5. What is the title of Kate Millett's first book?
(a) Trip to the Looney Bin.
(b) Sexual Politics.
(c) Prostitution Papers.
6. What cartoon does Karen Asherah sometimes watch at the Kanagy's?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Mighty Dog.
(c) Bugs Bunny.
(d) The Smurfs.
7. What kind of pool do the Jeffersons have in "The Fourth of July"?
(c) Old Salty.
8. What is the name of the mom's boyfriend who rapes Jana Vincenti?
9. Who else kisses Ann in "Trophy Girl"?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A flagman.
(c) A photographer.
(d) A race official.
10. What color is the bedroom of Naomi Schwartz's parents?
11. Where does Daddy Kanagy molest Karen Asherah again?
(a) At church.
(b) In the car.
(c) The backyard.
(d) In the pool.
12. How old is Billie Holiday when she is nearly raped?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 19 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
13. Naomi Schwartz is abandoned by her _________.
14. What is the overall feeling in the poem "Aftermath"?
15. Karen Asherah goes to the Kanagy's for _________.
(a) Swim lessons.
(b) A party.
(c) Sunday school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Beverly Sky before she steps into a church again after the incident with the priest?
2. Where is Lillian Kelly born?
3. How old is Honor Moore in the events described in "First Time: 1950"?
4. What is the name of the man who tried to rape Billie Holiday?
5. What word does Jade Gates focus on in "And Now"?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)