|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Beverly Sky to have to go to church early?
(b) Swim practice.
(d) An ear infection.
2. How old is Jana Vincenti when raped by her mother's boyfriend?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
3. How old is Billie Holiday when she is nearly raped?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 19 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
4. Who does Billie Holiday make her first record with?
(a) Willie Dixon.
(b) Glenn Miller.
(c) Benny Goodman.
(d) Muddy Waters.
5. What does the little girl's family think is making her sick in "Street Fair"?
(a) Candy apples.
(b) Cotton candy.
6. Miriam's brother in "The Fourth of July" knows the Jefferson boy from ___________.
7. What kind of pool do the Jeffersons have in "The Fourth of July"?
(a) Old Salty.
8. What is the name of the man who wins both races in "Trophy Girl"?
9. What is the overall feeling in the poem "Aftermath"?
10. How old is Jana Vincenti when her mother helps her write "Daughter," about when she was raped?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
11. Lois Phillips Hudson believes that the fear of ________ steals women's creative energy.
12. Where is Lillian Kelly born?
13. What does the boyfriend offer to give Jana Vincenti if she lets him do things to her?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A dollar.
(d) A kiss.
14. Where is the shoe store in Pat Parker's story "Shoes"?
(b) St. Louis.
15. What is Miriam Monasch waiting to eat after swimming?
(a) A hamburger.
(d) A hot dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Miriam molested in "The Fourth of July"?
2. Where is Beverly Sky born?
3. What is the name of the man who tried to rape Billie Holiday?
4. Naomi Schwartz is abandoned by her _________.
5. What does the little girl in "Shoes" love to do with her father?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)