|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the little girl's family think is making her sick in "Street Fair"?
(b) Cotton candy.
(c) Candy apples.
2. What form is the poem "First Time: 1950" written in?
3. What color is the Jefferson's living room in The Fourth of July?
4. How old is Jana Vincenti when raped by her mother's boyfriend?
(a) 7 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
5. How old is Jana Vincenti's mom, Arlene, when she is raped and becomes pregnant with Jana?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 19 years old.
(c) 17 years old.
(d) 22 years old.
6. How old is Jana Vincenti when her mother helps her write "Daughter," about when she was raped?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
7. What denomination is Honor Moore's father a minister in?
8. What is Karen Asherah's favorite show growing up?
(a) My Three Sons.
(b) The Patty Duke Show.
(c) Leave It To Beaver.
(d) Father Knows Best.
9. Naomi Schwartz is abandoned by her _________.
10. What is the overall feeling in the poem "Aftermath"?
11. What does the little girl in "Shoes" love to do with her father?
12. Where was Mr. Ahmann taking Lois Phillips Hudson when he molested her?
13. Billie Holiday is also known as ________.
(a) Day Day.
(c) Lady Day.
(d) Billie Girl.
14. What color is the bedroom of Naomi Schwartz's parents?
15. Who walks into the room when Daddy Kanagy is molesting Karen Asherah?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Mrs. Kanagy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Billie Holiday when she began to sing professionally?
2. Who does Billie Holiday make her first record with?
3. How old is Ann Simonton in the story "Trophy Girl"?
4. What does the young man use to distract Honor Moore's baby brother?
5. What kind of music is playing at the party in "The Fourth of July"?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)