|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in "Shoes"?
2. What kind of tree is in the backyard of the Kanagy's house?
3. What kind of music is playing at the party in "The Fourth of July"?
4. What form is the poem "First Time: 1950" written in?
5. Where is Beverly Sky born?
6. What is the name of the mom's boyfriend who rapes Jana Vincenti?
7. For how many years does Beverly Sky's father refuse to speak to her after the incident with the priest?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) Rest of her life.
(d) 10 years.
8. What is the name of the man who tried to rape Billie Holiday?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mr. Man.
(c) Mr. Jim.
(d) Mr. No Good.
9. How old is Billie Holiday when she dies?
(a) 29 years old.
(b) 44 years old.
(c) 37 years old.
(d) 51 years old.
10. What word does Jade Gates focus on in "And Now"?
11. Where does Daddy Kanagy molest Karen Asherah again?
(a) In the pool.
(b) At church.
(c) The backyard.
(d) In the car.
12. Who molests Naomi Schwartz?
(a) A housepainter.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A grocer.
13. What is Karen Asherah's favorite show growing up?
(a) Leave It To Beaver.
(b) The Patty Duke Show.
(c) My Three Sons.
(d) Father Knows Best.
14. What is the father's name in the story "Shoes"?
15. What color is the bedroom of Naomi Schwartz's parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious occasion is it on the day Beverly Sky goes to the church early?
2. What is the girl looking at inside the fence in "Street Fair"?
3. What does the man in the car admire about Kate Millett's?
4. What does the young man use to distract Honor Moore's baby brother?
5. Where is Billie Holiday sent after the attempted rape?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)