|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who molests Miriam in "The Fourth of July"?
2. What is the name of the mom's boyfriend who rapes Jana Vincenti?
3. What is the name of the man who wins both races in "Trophy Girl"?
4. What form is the poem "First Time: 1950" written in?
5. Who molests Naomi Schwartz?
(a) A grocer.
(b) A housepainter.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) A housekeeper.
6. What does Lillian Kelly use for an analogy of how the abuse affected her?
(a) A car.
(b) A baby.
(c) A vase.
(d) A flower.
7. How old is Jana Vincenti's mom, Arlene, when she is raped and becomes pregnant with Jana?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 19 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
8. Beverly Sky's mother is ____________.
9. How old is Billie Holiday when she dies?
(a) 44 years old.
(b) 29 years old.
(c) 37 years old.
(d) 51 years old.
10. Who molests Lillian Kelly?
(b) Next door neighbor.
(c) A friend's father.
11. Who is Lillian Kelly worried about in her poem "Aftermath"?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her daughter.
12. What color is the car that the man drives who stops to offer Kate Millett a ride in the snowstorm?
13. Lois Phillips Hudson says writers have to have the ego of _________.
(a) A man.
(c) A movie star.
(d) A prizefighter.
14. Billie Holiday is also known as ________.
(a) Billie Girl.
(b) Day Day.
(d) Lady Day.
15. How old is Honor Moore in the events described in "First Time: 1950"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious occasion is it on the day Beverly Sky goes to the church early?
2. How old is Billie Holiday when she began to sing professionally?
3. How old is Billie Holiday when she is nearly raped?
4. What does Jade Gates steal from Longs Drug Store?
5. What is the name of the little girl's brother in "Street Fair"?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)