|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lynn Swenson when her parents divorced?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
2. Who does the grandfather watch undress in the poem "From My Half Sleep"?
(a) The sister.
(b) The mother.
(c) The grandmother.
3. Yarrow Morgan is born in _____________.
(a) North Dakota.
(b) South Dakota.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
4. What does Maggie Hoyal tell her father is wrong with her to put him off for a while?
(a) Her period.
(b) Bad cold.
(c) Stomach virus.
5. What is Uncle Karl's nickname for Louise Thornton?
6. Who threatens her father when Jill Morgan leaves the hospital?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) The social worker.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Her mother.
7. What vocation does Louise Thornton follow?
8. What is the title of Yarrow Morgan's poem?
9. Maya Angelou said that her rape was a matter of the needle giving because the _________ can't.
10. In what year is Maya Angelou the "Ladies Home Journal" Woman of the Year?
11. Where is Jude Brister born?
12. Maya Angelou compares Mr. Freeman to what animal?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cow.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bear.
13. Where does Maya Angelou live in "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) San Diego.
(d) New York City.
14. Where is Desi born?
15. Where is Marty O. Dyke training to work as a printer?
(a) New York City.
(b) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marty O. Dyke born?
2. What does Marty O. Dyke accuse her father of in her poem?
3. How many years is Bella Moon in therapy before dealing with her sexual abuse?
4. Whose skeleton does R.C. see lying on the bed in "Remembering Dream"?
5. Where does Louise Thornton's cousin Claire and her family live?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)