|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Experience Gibb's uncle drinking in her story, "1952, And Other Years"?
(d) Root beer.
2. What does Maya Angelou's mother think is wrong with her daughter after the rape?
(a) Faking it.
(c) Menstrual cramps.
3. How old is Desi when her grandmother began abusing her?
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 4 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 2 years old.
4. In what year is Maya Angelou the "Ladies Home Journal" Woman of the Year?
5. How old is Maggie Hoyal when she runs away from home?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
6. How many cities does Jill Morgan live in the five years of moving after coming home from the hospital?
(a) Five cities.
(b) Fifteen cities.
(c) Seven cities.
(d) Nine cities.
7. What is Uncle Karl's nickname for Louise Thornton?
8. Men often hassle Jean Monroe as she walks to _____________.
(b) Her friend's house.
(c) The store.
9. Who does Jean Monroe finally tell about the abuse?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
10. What does the netting in "The Window's Netting" refer to?
(a) Web of lies.
(b) Tent screen.
(c) Fishing net.
(d) Wedding veil.
11. Where does Carrie go with her father and brother in "The Window's Netting"?
(a) A hike.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A campground.
(d) A lake.
12. How old is Maggie Hoyal when her father raped her?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
13. Where does Blanche Woodbury say her brother lives in her poem, "My Brother"?
(a) In a grave.
(b) In a cigar box.
(c) In a sychiatric hospital.
(d) In prison.
14. Where is Marty O. Dyke training to work as a printer?
(a) New York City.
(d) San Francisco.
15. What is the name of Experience Gibb's uncle in "1952, And Other Years"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Greermar in "Remembering Dream"?
2. Maya Angelou's mother trained to be a _________.
3. How old is Yarrow Morgan when she first told her mother about the abuse?
4. The story "These are the Things I Remember" starts with Maggie Hoyal's memory of what?
5. How old is Jill Morgan when her father ties her to the bed with his belt to rape her?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)