|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the grandfather watch undress in the poem "From My Half Sleep"?
(a) The sister.
(b) The mother.
(d) The grandmother.
2. How many years is Bella Moon in therapy before dealing with her sexual abuse?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 25 years.
3. How many autobiographical books did Maya Angelou write?
(a) Two books.
(b) Four books.
(c) One book.
(d) Five books.
4. Where does Blanche Woodbury say her brother lives in her poem, "My Brother"?
(a) In a sychiatric hospital.
(b) In a cigar box.
(c) In prison.
(d) In a grave.
5. What is the name of Experience Gibb's uncle in "1952, And Other Years"?
6. What does the netting in "The Window's Netting" refer to?
(a) Fishing net.
(b) Wedding veil.
(c) Web of lies.
(d) Tent screen.
7. What does Marty O. Dyke accuse her father of in her poem?
8. Where does Maya Angelou's mother work?
(d) Gambling parlors.
9. Jean Monroe is born in the ___________.
10. Who else does Jude Brister discover her father had molested?
(a) Her stepsister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
11. Which of Maggie Hoyal's brother's goes to live with her mother?
12. What is the name of Maya Angelou's brother?
13. Where does Desi's abuse take place?
(a) The bed.
(b) The car.
(c) The bathtub.
(d) The yard.
14. Where does Lee rape Carrie in "The Window's Netting"?
(a) In a car.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In a cabin.
15. Maggie Hoyal's father took her virginity as "payment" for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Yarrow Morgan's poem?
2. What is Jean Monroe's mother always warning her about?
3. Maya Angelou said that her rape was a matter of the needle giving because the _________ can't.
4. How old is Blanche Woodbury's brother when he began abusing her?
5. What does Maya Angelou do on the stand during Mr. Freeman's trial?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)