|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maya Angelou's mother work?
(b) Gambling parlors.
2. How old is Jill Morgan when her father ties her to the bed with his belt to rape her?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Eight years old.
3. Where is Jude Brister born?
4. Whose skeleton does R.C. see lying on the bed in "Remembering Dream"?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
5. Where does Desi's abuse take place?
(a) The bathtub.
(b) The yard.
(c) The car.
(d) The bed.
6. Where does Maya Angelou spend her Saturdays in "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
7. Where does Maggie Hoyal grow up?
(a) In California.
(b) In St. Lucia.
(c) In Barbados.
(d) In Florida.
8. What is the name of Maya Angelou's brother?
9. Who is Marty O. Dyke blaming in her poem?
10. Who does R.C. bury in the "Remembering Dream"?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
11. Maggie Hoyal's father took her virginity as "payment" for what?
12. How old is Blanche Woodbury's brother when he began abusing her?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
13. How many years is Bella Moon in therapy before dealing with her sexual abuse?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
14. What is the name of Experience Gibb's uncle in "1952, And Other Years"?
15. How old is Lynn Swenson when her parents divorced?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cities does Jill Morgan live in the five years of moving after coming home from the hospital?
2. What is the cause of Uncle Karl's death?
3. Where are Frank and Uncle Karl going to go on a trip when Frank refused to join him?
4. What vocation does Louise Thornton follow?
5. Who does Mr. Freeman threaten to kill if Maya Angelou tells about what he did?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)