|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Desi when her grandmother began abusing her?
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 4 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
2. What is Mr. Freeman's fate at the end of "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
(a) Work camp.
3. What is the title of Yarrow Morgan's poem?
4. How old is Blanche Woodbury when her mother was committed to a psychiatric care center?
(a) A teenager.
(b) An infant.
(c) An adult.
(d) A toddler.
5. Where is Jean Monroe's mother when her father begins to touching her?
(b) A relatives' house.
6. Who is Mr. Freeman in "I know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
(a) Mother's boyfriend.
(d) Mother's brother.
7. Where does Blanche Woodbury say her brother lives in her poem, "My Brother"?
(a) In prison.
(b) In a grave.
(c) In a sychiatric hospital.
(d) In a cigar box.
8. Men often hassle Jean Monroe as she walks to _____________.
(b) Her friend's house.
(c) The store.
9. The poem "From My Half Sleep" starts with Lynn lying ____________.
(a) On a bed.
(b) In a recliner.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In a hammock.
10. What could Lynn Swenson taste after her grandfather left her?
11. Where is Marty O. Dyke training to work as a printer?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York City.
12. Who else does Jude Brister discover her father had molested?
(a) Her stepsister.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her cousin.
13. What does Marty O. Dyke accuse her father of in her poem?
14. What is Jean Monroe wearing the first time her father asks to touch her?
15. What is Jean Monroe's mother always warning her about?
(c) Her father.
(d) Nail bitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lynn see everywhere at the end of "From My Half Sleep"?
2. Where does Carrie go with her father and brother in "The Window's Netting"?
3. Who is crying in "Remember Dream"?
4. Where does most of Yarrow Morgan's poem take place?
5. Who is Marty O. Dyke blaming in her poem?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)