|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is Maya Angelou the "Ladies Home Journal" Woman of the Year?
2. Yarrow Morgan is born in _____________.
(a) South Dakota.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Dakota.
(d) North Carolina.
3. What is the name of Carrie's brother in "The Window's Netting"?
4. Mr. Freeman sends Maya Angelou to the store to buy what?
5. What is the title of Yarrow Morgan's poem?
6. What is the cause of Uncle Karl's death?
(c) Old age.
7. How old is Lynn Swenson when her parents divorced?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 9 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
8. Where does Uncle Karl invite Louise Thornton's brother, Frank, to go with him?
(b) Horse races.
(c) Stock car races.
9. How old is Blanche Woodbury when her mother was committed to a psychiatric care center?
(a) A toddler.
(b) An infant.
(c) An adult.
(d) A teenager.
10. Maya Angelou compares Mr. Freeman to what animal?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cow.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bear.
11. How old is Maya Angelou in "I know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
12. How old is Maggie Hoyal when her father raped her?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 16 years old.
13. How old is Jill Morgan when her father rapes her for the first time?
(a) 4 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
14. Where are Frank and Uncle Karl going to go on a trip when Frank refused to join him?
15. What is the name of Maya Angelou's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maya Angelou said that her rape was a matter of the needle giving because the _________ can't.
2. How old is Carrie in "The Window's Netting"?
3. Who helps cause her miscarriage the last time Jill Morgan's father attacked her?
4. Where does Maya Angelou live in "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
5. What does R.C. see in the middle of the withered wreath in "Remember Dream"?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)