|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lynn Swenson when her parents divorced?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
2. What color is the brother's comb in Blanche Woodbury's poem, "My Brother"?
3. Where does Lee rape Carrie in "The Window's Netting"?
(a) In a cabin.
(b) In a car.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In the woods.
4. Maya Angelou compares Mr. Freeman to what animal?
(a) A cow.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A bear.
(d) A dog.
5. What does Jean Monroe want to assure her father of the first time he touches her?
(a) She likes it.
(b) It's wrong.
(c) She's afraid.
(d) She's okay.
6. Where does Desi's abuse take place?
(a) The bed.
(b) The car.
(c) The yard.
(d) The bathtub.
7. What does Maya Angelou's mother think is wrong with her daughter after the rape?
(b) Faking it.
(d) Menstrual cramps.
8. Yarrow Morgan's poem describes Yarrow as a __________.
9. What does Maya Angelou do on the stand during Mr. Freeman's trial?
10. What is the name of Maya Angelou's brother?
11. Yarrow Morgan is born in _____________.
(a) South Dakota.
(b) North Dakota.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
12. What is the title of Yarrow Morgan's poem?
13. How old is Maggie Hoyal when she runs away from home?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
14. Mr. Freeman sends Maya Angelou to the store to buy what?
15. Whose skeleton does R.C. see lying on the bed in "Remembering Dream"?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Karl invite Louise Thornton's brother, Frank, to go with him?
2. Maya Angelou's mother trained to be a _________.
3. What is Jean Monroe wearing the first time her father asks to touch her?
4. What is Jude Brister's grandmother's name?
5. Where does most of Yarrow Morgan's poem take place?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)