|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, 'I trusted him.' Survivors of Sexual Abuse by Friends and Acquaintances: Karen Asherah, Daddy Kanagy; Naomi Schwartz, The Peaches of My Childhood; and Miriam Monasch, The Fourth of July.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jean Monroe's mother always warning her about?
(c) Her father.
(d) Nail bitting.
2. What denomination is Honor Moore's father a minister in?
3. Who is on trial when Honor Moore began writing her poem,"First Time: 1950" ?
(a) Charles Manson.
(b) Joan Little.
(c) Lenny Bruce.
(d) Patty Hearst.
4. What kind of pool do the Jeffersons have in "The Fourth of July"?
(c) Old Salty.
5. Who does Jean Monroe finally tell about the abuse?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Karen Asherah's favorite show growing up?
2. How long is Jill Morgan in the hospital after her father rapes her for the first time?
3. Lois Phillips Hudson says writers have to have the ego of _________.
4. Who is Mr. Freeman in "I know Why the Caged Bird Sings"?
5. Who threatens her father when Jill Morgan leaves the hospital?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)