|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John see Sam and they laugh about the previous day?
2. What does John find Henri doing the next morning?
3. What is sitting on the table when John and Henri arrive home?
4. Who is wearing a Superman cape?
5. From where did the pamphlets come about aliens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Number Four have to do when the novel opens?
2. What does Henri confirm about Bernie Kosar, and what does John do with Kosar?
3. How do Sarah and John meet up with the rest of the party goers?
4. What does Six ask John about Henri and what does she say about her Cepan?
5. What do the Mogadarians do to secure the school, what does Six do and what does she think about the scouts?
6. Describe John's rescue of Sarah.
7. Why does Henri increase John's exercise regimen?
8. What story does Henri tell John about a girl in Argentina?
9. What vision of the Chimera does John have?
10. Who waves and then comes over to talk with John and Henri at the parade, and what does she do when John and Mark start taunting each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in I Am Number Four? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in I Am Number Four including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from I Am Number Four and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Characters are an important part of what makes I Am Number Four interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze John. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he always likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Sarah. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze the character of Henri. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of John and Mark. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of John and Henri. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in I Am Number Four help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
This section contains 3,752 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)