|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does the soldier throw John?
(a) Fifty yard.
(b) Just a few feet away.
(c) Forty feet.
(d) A hundred yards.
2. What does Mark ask John?
(a) About whether he loves Sarah.
(b) About the fire.
(c) About the video.
(d) About the clothes John was wearing after the fire.
3. What is Sarah doing as John jumps out the window?
(a) Being as still as possible.
(d) Kissing John.
4. What is Henri's assessment of John's first day training in this way?
(a) John did well for his first training day.
(b) John needs to learn to pull the needles out with his mind.
(c) John better not be exposed to extreme cold.
(d) John better not be exposed to fire.
5. Who are Dozer and Abby?
(a) Two of Sarah's friends from another school.
(b) Two of Sarah's cousins.
(c) A cat and a ferrett.
(d) Two cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do in response to what happens to Sam?
2. What did a girl in Argentina once save?
3. What does John say he has to do before leaving?
4. What does the man who John and Henri question say about where he received his information?
5. What does this Garde tell John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John see Henri doing a couple days later after the flame training session?
2. What do the Mogadarians do to secure the school, what does Six do and what does she think about the scouts?
3. How do John's friends help him?
4. What do Henri and John learn from the man who they tie to the chair?
5. What follow-up does Henri mention to John when he picks John up after the first day back to school?
6. What does Mark show John?
7. How does Sam get Henri, Sam and himself out of the house when someone else arrives?
8. What emergency occurs at Mark's party?
9. What does Six first believe about their situation at the school, what does she realize, what happens when she kills a scout and who arrives when she and John are talking?
10. What happens when John runs back to the school to find Sarah?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)