|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John see in the parking lot?
(b) Henri's pickup truck.
(d) Bernie Kosar.
2. What does John hear behind him?
(a) A fire alarm going off.
(b) A bullhorn and someone yelling.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A scream of shock.
3. What does a hall monitor tell John in Home Economics class?
(a) Sarah has been called home.
(b) Sarah is missing.
(c) Mr. Harris wants to see John.
(d) Sam is missing.
4. What does John tell the dogs to do?
(a) Go around to the front.
(b) Stay there.
(d) Go into the woods as if they were not in the house.
5. What does John do without thinking about it?
(a) Ties up Mr. Harris.
(b) Jumps through Mr. Harris' window.
(c) Pulls a knife on Mr. Harris.
(d) Knocks out Mr. Harris.
6. About what does John remind Henri?
(a) There is a Universal Intelligence.
(b) That the legacies are just for this purpose of fighting.
(c) That until all gardes are gone, Lorien can be saved.
(d) There is always hope.
7. How does John inadvertently give away his and Sarah's position?
(a) Unplugging the P.A. system.
(b) Turning on the lights in the storeroom.
(c) Breaking a window.
(d) Unplugging the floor polisher.
8. For what does John use his outstretched arm?
(a) To remove the gun from the one man's hands.
(b) To restrain another man across the room.
(c) To pull Sam to safety from the man's headlock.
(d) To bend the barrel of the gun.
9. How does the girl save the person in Argentina?
(a) By releasing the water from a dam.
(b) By calling on her cell phone.
(c) By praying to God.
(d) By performing an impossible feat.
10. What does John do in response to what happens to Sam?
(a) Uses his mind to make the rope tie around the man.
(b) Uses his mind to throw something at the man.
(c) Nothing as he is being restrained also.
(d) Uses his mind to keep Sam from injury.
11. What does the female Garde tell John to do?
(a) Create a fire.
(b) Get to the woods.
(c) Keep next to her so he will be invisible.
(d) Get up into the ceiling.
12. What does John learn when he is looking for Sarah?
(a) That she went home earlier.
(b) That she is helping organize a bucket brigade.
(c) That she and the dogs are still inside the burning house.
(d) That she is with a group of kids near the woods.
13. What did a girl in Argentina once save?
(a) A baby.
(b) A young child.
(c) A middle-aged woman.
(d) An old man.
14. What does John instinctively do that he should not have done?
(a) Pulls on the needles.
(b) Tries to melt the ice.
(c) Shakes himself.
(d) Takes a breath.
15. How long has the Garde been looking for John?
(a) A few days.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Since Number Three was killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell Sarah when he finds her?
2. What do John and Sarah agree upon?
3. What is on Henri's laptop?
4. What does Mark show John?
5. What season is it when Chapter 22 opens?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)