|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a girl in Argentina once save?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young child.
(c) A middle-aged woman.
(d) A baby.
2. What do John and Sarah do most days?
(a) Write each other long emails.
(b) Go horseback riding.
(c) Talk on the phone.
(d) Take long walks.
3. Who are Dozer and Abby?
(a) Two of Sarah's friends from another school.
(b) A cat and a ferrett.
(c) Two cats.
(d) Two of Sarah's cousins.
4. Who watches out for Sarah and John?
(a) No one.
(d) Bernie Kosar.
5. What does John learn when he is looking for Sarah?
(a) That she and the dogs are still inside the burning house.
(b) That she went home earlier.
(c) That she is with a group of kids near the woods.
(d) That she is helping organize a bucket brigade.
6. Who will be at a party at Mark's house that makes Sam decide to go?
(a) Sarah's cousin.
(d) Two of Sam's childhood friends.
7. How far does the soldier throw John?
(a) A hundred yards.
(b) Fifty yard.
(c) Forty feet.
(d) Just a few feet away.
8. Where is 9?
(a) In India.
(b) In China.
(c) In Russia.
(d) On the run in South America.
9. What does John do without thinking about it?
(a) Knocks out Mr. Harris.
(b) Jumps through Mr. Harris' window.
(c) Pulls a knife on Mr. Harris.
(d) Ties up Mr. Harris.
10. Who grabs John from behind?
(a) A Mogadorian.
(c) Number Seven.
(d) Number Six.
11. How many Mogadorian scouts altogether does the female garde find?
12. What does Mark show John?
(a) A grainy video of Bernie Kosar rescuing one of the party goers.
(b) A grainy video of John jumping out of the window with Sarah and the dogs.
(c) A fax from a Mogadorian.
(d) A letter from Sarah.
13. What visions does John continue to have?
(a) About Lorien.
(b) About his parents.
(c) About the Mogadarians in that house.
(d) About Sam's father.
14. Why does John jump to the second story of the house?
(a) Part of the stairs are gone.
(b) The bottom floor is all on fire.
(c) He is in too big a hurry to use the steps.
(d) He thinks Sarah is on the other side of the ground floor and it's faster to go via the upstairs.
15. What does the Garde ask John?
(a) If he knows where five is?
(b) If he has met any other Gardes.
(c) If he still has a Cêpan.
(d) If he is leaving town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do in response to what happens to Sam?
2. What is one thing John learns how to withstand?
3. What is the purpose of John learning to withstand what is mentioned in question 98?
4. For what does John use his outstretched arm?
5. What does Henri say when John expresses hope that someone survived Lorien?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)