|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two sounds are heard by John and the others?
(a) A gun blast and dog nails walking on the floor.
(b) A scream and a siren.
(c) A siren and a loud speaker.
(d) A curse and someone speaking Mogadorian.
2. What is the main purpose of the scouts?
(a) To give the Loriens a bad name.
(b) To keep the Gardes there until the Mogadorian soldiers arrive.
(c) To find Number Four.
(d) To find Number Five.
3. What does the female Garde tell John to do?
(a) Create a fire.
(b) Keep next to her so he will be invisible.
(c) Get to the woods.
(d) Get up into the ceiling.
4. What does John hear Henri saying to Sam when John returns to the basement?
(a) Henri telling Sam Henri has found Sam's father.
(b) Henri telling Sam that John is Mogadarian.
(c) Henri telling Sam a plan to get out of the house.
(d) Henri explaining who they are.
5. What is the purpose of John learning to withstand what is mentioned in question 98?
(a) For John to learn how to multitask under pressure.
(b) For John to learn how to raise his body temperature.
(c) For John to toughen his skin.
(d) For John to learn how to use flames for his advantage.
6. Where is 9?
(a) In Russia.
(b) In China.
(c) In India.
(d) On the run in South America.
7. How does John spend Christmas?
(a) Getting packed.
(c) With Sarah.
(d) With Sam and his family.
8. What does John tell Sarah?
(a) That his father used to be a firefighter so he knows how to rescue people in a fire.
(b) That his name is really James.
(c) The truth about himself.
(d) That he has to move.
9. What did a girl in Argentina once save?
(a) A middle-aged woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young child.
(d) A baby.
10. What does John do without thinking about it?
(a) Ties up Mr. Harris.
(b) Pulls a knife on Mr. Harris.
(c) Knocks out Mr. Harris.
(d) Jumps through Mr. Harris' window.
11. What is on Henri's laptop?
(a) A wanted poster of Henri.
(b) The same question that was faxed to John.
(c) A picture of a Mogadorian.
(d) A wanted poster of John.
12. What does John see boarding a spaceship?
(a) John's family.
(b) John's sister.
(d) No one.
13. What happens sometime near midnight at the party?
(a) One of the football players falls unconscious.
(b) There is a fire.
(c) Sarah is sick.
(d) Sam is sick.
14. For what does John use his outstretched arm?
(a) To restrain another man across the room.
(b) To pull Sam to safety from the man's headlock.
(c) To bend the barrel of the gun.
(d) To remove the gun from the one man's hands.
15. What does John tell Sarah when he finds her?
(a) To hold on to him tightly.
(b) To grab the dogs.
(c) To stay there until he gets a ladder.
(d) To crawl to the hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri want to do?
2. Why is Henri angry?
3. What does Henri say when John expresses hope that someone survived Lorien?
4. What does a soldier do to John?
5. What does Henri suggest Sarah and Mark do?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)