|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps John kill the soldier?
(a) A bullet from a rifle Mark has.
(b) A bullet from Sam.
(c) A fire.
(d) He remembers his training.
2. What visions does John continue to have?
(a) About Sam's father.
(b) About his parents.
(c) About the Mogadarians in that house.
(d) About Lorien.
3. Where is 9?
(a) In China.
(b) In Russia.
(c) On the run in South America.
(d) In India.
4. How does John inadvertently give away his and Sarah's position?
(a) Unplugging the P.A. system.
(b) Unplugging the floor polisher.
(c) Breaking a window.
(d) Turning on the lights in the storeroom.
5. What does Henri say when John expresses hope that someone survived Lorien?
(a) Quite a few made it to a different planet in another solar system.
(b) There are about fifteen survivors on earth besides the ones being trained to save Lorien.
(c) It is not likely.
(d) There are several hundred survivors on Earth.
6. What is one of the Garde's legacies who is with John and Sarah?
(a) Empathic abilities.
(b) Mental telepathy.
(d) X-ray vision.
7. What season is it when Chapter 22 opens?
8. What does John see boarding a spaceship?
(b) John's family.
(c) John's sister.
(d) No one.
9. What do John and Sarah do most days?
(a) Write each other long emails.
(b) Take long walks.
(c) Talk on the phone.
(d) Go horseback riding.
10. What does Mark show John?
(a) A fax from a Mogadorian.
(b) A grainy video of John jumping out of the window with Sarah and the dogs.
(c) A letter from Sarah.
(d) A grainy video of Bernie Kosar rescuing one of the party goers.
11. What does John do in response to what happens to Sam?
(a) Uses his mind to keep Sam from injury.
(b) Uses his mind to throw something at the man.
(c) Uses his mind to make the rope tie around the man.
(d) Nothing as he is being restrained also.
12. Who does John call to distract him from grief?
(c) No one.
(d) He talks to Bernie.
13. What happens after a minute of John being subjected to the test from Henri?
(a) John loses his concentration and one finger freezes.
(b) John loses his concentration and a needle draws blood.
(c) John's lungs begin to burn.
(d) John's hair singes.
14. What does John learn when he is looking for Sarah?
(a) That she is helping organize a bucket brigade.
(b) That she went home earlier.
(c) That she is with a group of kids near the woods.
(d) That she and the dogs are still inside the burning house.
15. What does John instinctively do that he should not have done?
(a) Takes a breath.
(b) Tries to melt the ice.
(c) Shakes himself.
(d) Pulls on the needles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Sarah been helping to build a shelter?
2. What happens sometime near midnight at the party?
3. Why does John grab Sam and Henri in each arm and jump out of the house?
4. What does the fax say that Mr. Harris hands John?
5. What happens to the cut on John's back?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)