|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John tell the dogs to do?
(a) Stay there.
(b) Go into the woods as if they were not in the house.
(d) Go around to the front.
2. What does John find that gives them more information about what the Mogadarians know?
(a) A cell phone from one of the Mogadarians.
(c) A notebook from one of the Mogadarians.
(d) A post-it note with some words written on it.
3. Who does John call to distract him from grief?
(a) He talks to Bernie.
(b) No one.
4. What does the female Garde tell John to do?
(a) Get to the woods.
(b) Create a fire.
(c) Get up into the ceiling.
(d) Keep next to her so he will be invisible.
5. Who are Dozer and Abby?
(a) Two cats.
(b) A cat and a ferrett.
(c) Two of Sarah's friends from another school.
(d) Two of Sarah's cousins.
6. What is one document Henri makes for John?
(a) A driver's license.
(b) A green card.
(c) A military discharge.
(d) A commercial fishing license.
7. What jumps out at the three when they arrive at the gym?
(a) A dragon-like creature.
(b) Two weasel-like creatures.
(c) A large bear-like animal.
(d) Fifty soldiers.
8. What does John see in the parking lot?
(c) Henri's pickup truck.
(d) Bernie Kosar.
9. What is the purpose of John learning to withstand what is mentioned in question 98?
(a) For John to learn how to raise his body temperature.
(b) For John to learn how to multitask under pressure.
(c) For John to toughen his skin.
(d) For John to learn how to use flames for his advantage.
10. What does John do in response to what happens to Sam?
(a) Uses his mind to make the rope tie around the man.
(b) Uses his mind to throw something at the man.
(c) Nothing as he is being restrained also.
(d) Uses his mind to keep Sam from injury.
11. What does John learn about the number 4 with a question mark?
(a) That the Mogadarians are not sure if they want to go after number 4.
(b) That the Mogadarians think they have number four.
(c) The men do not know anything as the Mogadarian was talking too fast.
(d) That the Mogadarians still do not know where John is.
12. What does John realize about Bernie?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is another garde.
(c) He is a Chimea.
(d) He is a Cêpan.
13. For what does John use his outstretched arm?
(a) To restrain another man across the room.
(b) To remove the gun from the one man's hands.
(c) To bend the barrel of the gun.
(d) To pull Sam to safety from the man's headlock.
14. About what does John remind Henri?
(a) There is always hope.
(b) There is a Universal Intelligence.
(c) That until all gardes are gone, Lorien can be saved.
(d) That the legacies are just for this purpose of fighting.
15. What does Henri suggest Sarah and Mark do?
(a) Stay with them.
(b) Try to negotiate a safe exit.
(d) Get home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do John and Sarah agree upon?
2. What season is it when Chapter 22 opens?
3. What happens to the cut on John's back?
4. What happens sometime near midnight at the party?
5. What does the fax say that Mr. Harris hands John?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)