|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is number 7?
2. Why does Henri curse?
(a) Because their identities are revealed.
(b) Because John seems a little out of control.
(c) Because Sam appears to be in danger.
(d) Because another man has arrived with a shotgun.
3. What does the Garde ask John?
(a) If he is leaving town.
(b) If he knows where five is?
(c) If he still has a Cêpan.
(d) If he has met any other Gardes.
4. What is on Henri's laptop?
(a) A wanted poster of Henri.
(b) The same question that was faxed to John.
(c) A picture of a Mogadorian.
(d) A wanted poster of John.
5. What does John see boarding a spaceship?
(a) John's family.
(b) John's sister.
(d) No one.
6. How far does the soldier throw John?
(a) Forty feet.
(b) Fifty yard.
(c) Just a few feet away.
(d) A hundred yards.
7. What happens to the girl in Argentina?
(a) No one could find her after the earthquake.
(b) She dies in the quake herself.
(c) She is on the front pages of the newspaper and is in Buenas Aires.
(d) She is living in the village where she saves the person.
8. What is Henri's assessment of John's first day training in this way?
(a) John better not be exposed to extreme cold.
(b) John needs to learn to pull the needles out with his mind.
(c) John did well for his first training day.
(d) John better not be exposed to fire.
9. How does the girl save the person in Argentina?
(a) By calling on her cell phone.
(b) By praying to God.
(c) By releasing the water from a dam.
(d) By performing an impossible feat.
10. What does a soldier do to John?
(a) Steps on his back and pulls out the dagger.
(b) Nothing; he cannot see John.
(c) Ties him up.
(d) Offers to help him.
11. How does John spend Christmas?
(b) With Sarah.
(c) Getting packed.
(d) With Sam and his family.
12. What does John tell Sarah when he finds her?
(a) To stay there until he gets a ladder.
(b) To crawl to the hallway.
(c) To hold on to him tightly.
(d) To grab the dogs.
13. Why does John grab Sam and Henri in each arm and jump out of the house?
(a) It is the easist way to leave without being followed.
(b) Another alien watcher appears with a .38 pistol.
(c) Three other alien watchers appear.
(d) The Mogadarians have returned.
14. What does John learn when he is looking for Sarah?
(a) That she is helping organize a bucket brigade.
(b) That she went home earlier.
(c) That she is with a group of kids near the woods.
(d) That she and the dogs are still inside the burning house.
15. What is the purpose of John learning to withstand what is mentioned in question 98?
(a) For John to toughen his skin.
(b) For John to learn how to raise his body temperature.
(c) For John to learn how to multitask under pressure.
(d) For John to learn how to use flames for his advantage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main purpose of the scouts?
2. What does the fax say that Mr. Harris hands John?
3. What does John hear Henri saying to Sam when John returns to the basement?
4. What happens after a minute of John being subjected to the test from Henri?
5. What does John do without thinking about it?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)