|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who John and Henri question say about where he received his information?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A notebook from one of the Mogadarians.
(c) A conversation the man overhears between two Mogadarians.
(d) He is not the one who got the information and does not know.
2. What does Henri learn about the men who were in the house where the Mogadarians came?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They have disappeared.
(c) They have gone to the press.
(d) They have reported everything to the FBI.
3. For how long has this Garde's Cêpan been dead?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) The Cêpan is still alive.
(d) One year.
4. For what does John use his outstretched arm?
(a) To pull Sam to safety from the man's headlock.
(b) To restrain another man across the room.
(c) To remove the gun from the one man's hands.
(d) To bend the barrel of the gun.
5. Why does John jump to the second story of the house?
(a) The bottom floor is all on fire.
(b) Part of the stairs are gone.
(c) He thinks Sarah is on the other side of the ground floor and it's faster to go via the upstairs.
(d) He is in too big a hurry to use the steps.
6. What does John tell the dogs to do?
(a) Go into the woods as if they were not in the house.
(b) Stay there.
(c) Go around to the front.
7. How does John spend Christmas?
(a) With Sarah.
(b) With Sam and his family.
(d) Getting packed.
8. What is the purpose of John learning to withstand what is mentioned in question 98?
(a) For John to learn how to raise his body temperature.
(b) For John to toughen his skin.
(c) For John to learn how to multitask under pressure.
(d) For John to learn how to use flames for his advantage.
9. What does a man do who comes up behind Sam?
(a) Grabs Sam in a headlock.
(b) Throws a net over Sam.
(c) Hits Sam over the head.
(d) Pushes Sam down the stairs.
10. Who are Dozer and Abby?
(a) Two cats.
(b) Two of Sarah's friends from another school.
(c) Two of Sarah's cousins.
(d) A cat and a ferrett.
11. What does Mr. Harris ask John?
(a) If John is moving.
(b) If John set the fire in Mark's house.
(c) If he is OK or needs a nurse.
(d) If John is an undercover spy.
12. What does John learn about the number 4 with a question mark?
(a) That the Mogadarians still do not know where John is.
(b) That the Mogadarians are not sure if they want to go after number 4.
(c) The men do not know anything as the Mogadarian was talking too fast.
(d) That the Mogadarians think they have number four.
13. Who will be at a party at Mark's house that makes Sam decide to go?
(a) Sarah's cousin.
(c) Two of Sam's childhood friends.
14. What happens to the girl in Argentina?
(a) She is on the front pages of the newspaper and is in Buenas Aires.
(b) She is living in the village where she saves the person.
(c) No one could find her after the earthquake.
(d) She dies in the quake herself.
15. What does the female Garde tell John to do?
(a) Keep next to her so he will be invisible.
(b) Get to the woods.
(c) Create a fire.
(d) Get up into the ceiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a hall monitor tell John in Home Economics class?
2. What is the main purpose of the scouts?
3. What does John instinctively do that he should not have done?
4. What does John realize about Bernie?
5. Why is Henri angry?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)