|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John realize about Bernie?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is another garde.
(c) He is a Cêpan.
(d) He is a Chimea.
2. How long has the Garde been looking for John?
(a) A year.
(b) Since Number Three was killed.
(c) A few days.
(d) A month.
3. What does a man do who comes up behind Sam?
(a) Throws a net over Sam.
(b) Hits Sam over the head.
(c) Pushes Sam down the stairs.
(d) Grabs Sam in a headlock.
4. What do John and Sarah do most days?
(a) Talk on the phone.
(b) Write each other long emails.
(c) Go horseback riding.
(d) Take long walks.
5. How does John spend Christmas?
(a) With Sam and his family.
(b) Getting packed.
(d) With Sarah.
6. What happens to the cut on John's back?
(a) It re-opens.
(b) It heals completely with number six's touch.
(c) It festers quickly like there is poison in it.
(d) It remains the same.
7. What does John realize he cannot do?
(a) Tell anymore lies.
(b) Move again.
(c) Leave without saying goodbye.
(d) Tell Mr. Harris the truth.
8. What does John tell Sarah he needs to do?
(a) Get some clothes.
(b) Go back and tell them Sarah is fine.
(c) Find some water.
(d) Run home for a minute.
9. What does John do in response to what happens to Sam?
(a) Nothing as he is being restrained also.
(b) Uses his mind to make the rope tie around the man.
(c) Uses his mind to keep Sam from injury.
(d) Uses his mind to throw something at the man.
10. Who grabs John from behind?
(a) Number Seven.
(c) A Mogadorian.
(d) Number Six.
11. Who will be at a party at Mark's house that makes Sam decide to go?
(b) Sarah's cousin.
(c) Two of Sam's childhood friends.
12. What does a soldier do to John?
(a) Nothing; he cannot see John.
(b) Offers to help him.
(c) Steps on his back and pulls out the dagger.
(d) Ties him up.
13. What does John tell Sarah?
(a) The truth about himself.
(b) That he has to move.
(c) That his name is really James.
(d) That his father used to be a firefighter so he knows how to rescue people in a fire.
14. What happens sometime near midnight at the party?
(a) Sarah is sick.
(b) Sam is sick.
(c) There is a fire.
(d) One of the football players falls unconscious.
15. What two sounds are heard by John and the others?
(a) A curse and someone speaking Mogadorian.
(b) A gun blast and dog nails walking on the floor.
(c) A siren and a loud speaker.
(d) A scream and a siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the female Garde kills a Mogadorian scout?
2. What tells John that the female garde is still alive?
3. Where is number 7?
4. What does John tell the dogs to do?
5. What does John say he has to do before leaving?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)