|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the table when John gets home?
(a) Mark James.
(d) Bernie Kosar.
2. What tells John that the female garde is still alive?
(a) He sees a number of soldiers being killed by seemingly nothing.
(b) A clap of thunder.
(c) No ring appears on his ankle.
(d) A scream.
3. What does John tell the dogs to do?
(b) Go around to the front.
(c) Go into the woods as if they were not in the house.
(d) Stay there.
4. What is the main purpose of the scouts?
(a) To give the Loriens a bad name.
(b) To keep the Gardes there until the Mogadorian soldiers arrive.
(c) To find Number Five.
(d) To find Number Four.
5. What does John find that gives them more information about what the Mogadarians know?
(a) A post-it note with some words written on it.
(b) A cell phone from one of the Mogadarians.
(c) A notebook from one of the Mogadarians.
6. What does the female Garde tell John to do?
(a) Keep next to her so he will be invisible.
(b) Get to the woods.
(c) Create a fire.
(d) Get up into the ceiling.
7. What does this Garde tell John?
(a) She needs a new Cêpan in order to develop her legacies.
(b) They are in a war.
(c) She has to find Number Five.
(d) She wants to come with them for a while.
8. What does John learn when he is looking for Sarah?
(a) That she went home earlier.
(b) That she is with a group of kids near the woods.
(c) That she and the dogs are still inside the burning house.
(d) That she is helping organize a bucket brigade.
9. What does John hear Henri saying to Sam when John returns to the basement?
(a) Henri telling Sam that John is Mogadarian.
(b) Henri telling Sam a plan to get out of the house.
(c) Henri explaining who they are.
(d) Henri telling Sam Henri has found Sam's father.
10. What does Sam do when he gets to the woods?
(a) Gives John a rifle and several homemade granades.
(b) Kills the soldier who is about to kill John.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Helps John up and bandages his back.
11. Where does Henri hide the chest?
(a) In one of the ovens.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Under a ceiling panel.
(d) No where.
12. What does John learn about the number 4 with a question mark?
(a) That the Mogadarians think they have number four.
(b) That the Mogadarians still do not know where John is.
(c) That the Mogadarians are not sure if they want to go after number 4.
(d) The men do not know anything as the Mogadarian was talking too fast.
13. What does Henri want to do?
(a) Find Sam's father.
(b) Leave the area.
(c) He is not yet sure.
(d) Go back and kill the Mogadarians.
14. Who watches out for Sarah and John?
(c) No one.
(d) Bernie Kosar.
15. What does Henri learn about the men who were in the house where the Mogadarians came?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They have gone to the press.
(c) They have reported everything to the FBI.
(d) They have disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a man do who comes up behind Sam?
2. Who will be at a party at Mark's house that makes Sam decide to go?
3. Why does John think Sarah is at the back of the house?
4. How long has the Garde been looking for John?
5. What does Henri suggest Sarah and Mark do?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)