|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John realize about Bernie?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is another garde.
(c) He is a Cêpan.
(d) He is a Chimea.
2. What does John see in the parking lot?
(b) Henri's pickup truck.
(d) Bernie Kosar.
3. What did a girl in Argentina once save?
(a) An old man.
(b) A baby.
(c) A young child.
(d) A middle-aged woman.
4. Who watches out for Sarah and John?
(a) Bernie Kosar.
(c) No one.
5. What tells John that the female garde is still alive?
(a) He sees a number of soldiers being killed by seemingly nothing.
(b) A scream.
(c) No ring appears on his ankle.
(d) A clap of thunder.
6. What does John learn when he is looking for Sarah?
(a) That she went home earlier.
(b) That she is with a group of kids near the woods.
(c) That she and the dogs are still inside the burning house.
(d) That she is helping organize a bucket brigade.
7. What does Henri learn about the men who were in the house where the Mogadarians came?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They have gone to the press.
(c) They have disappeared.
(d) They have reported everything to the FBI.
8. What happens to the girl in Argentina?
(a) No one could find her after the earthquake.
(b) She is living in the village where she saves the person.
(c) She dies in the quake herself.
(d) She is on the front pages of the newspaper and is in Buenas Aires.
9. How does John inadvertently give away his and Sarah's position?
(a) Unplugging the P.A. system.
(b) Unplugging the floor polisher.
(c) Breaking a window.
(d) Turning on the lights in the storeroom.
10. How does John spend Christmas?
(b) Getting packed.
(c) With Sam and his family.
(d) With Sarah.
11. What do John and Sarah agree upon?
(a) To leave Paradise.
(b) To say the dogs saved them.
(c) A story to tell the others.
(d) To make it seem as though Sarah had gone home for a few minutes.
12. What is one document Henri makes for John?
(a) A military discharge.
(b) A driver's license.
(c) A green card.
(d) A commercial fishing license.
13. What does this Garde tell John?
(a) She wants to come with them for a while.
(b) They are in a war.
(c) She has to find Number Five.
(d) She needs a new Cêpan in order to develop her legacies.
14. What does John tell Sarah?
(a) That he has to move.
(b) The truth about himself.
(c) That his father used to be a firefighter so he knows how to rescue people in a fire.
(d) That his name is really James.
15. What two sounds are heard by John and the others?
(a) A gun blast and dog nails walking on the floor.
(b) A curse and someone speaking Mogadorian.
(c) A scream and a siren.
(d) A siren and a loud speaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John do without thinking about it?
2. Why does Henri curse?
3. What happens to the cut on John's back?
4. What does Henri say when John expresses hope that someone survived Lorien?
5. What does the man who John and Henri question say about where he received his information?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)