|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the girl in Argentina?
(a) She is on the front pages of the newspaper and is in Buenas Aires.
(b) She dies in the quake herself.
(c) No one could find her after the earthquake.
(d) She is living in the village where she saves the person.
2. What does Sam do when he gets to the woods?
(a) Kills the soldier who is about to kill John.
(b) Helps John up and bandages his back.
(c) Gives John a rifle and several homemade granades.
(d) Calls the police.
3. What does a man do who comes up behind Sam?
(a) Pushes Sam down the stairs.
(b) Grabs Sam in a headlock.
(c) Throws a net over Sam.
(d) Hits Sam over the head.
4. What does John manage to escape?
(a) Another dragon-like creature.
(b) The dome the Mogadorians make.
(c) Two more weasel-like creatures.
(d) A squad of special hit soldiers.
5. What is one thing John learns how to withstand?
(a) Being engulfed in flames.
(b) Being subjected to needle torture.
(c) Being frozen to death.
(d) Being subjected to mental torture.
6. What does John tell Sarah when he finds her?
(a) To grab the dogs.
(b) To stay there until he gets a ladder.
(c) To hold on to him tightly.
(d) To crawl to the hallway.
7. How does the girl save the person in Argentina?
(a) By praying to God.
(b) By releasing the water from a dam.
(c) By performing an impossible feat.
(d) By calling on her cell phone.
8. What does John see in the parking lot?
(a) Bernie Kosar.
(c) Henri's pickup truck.
9. For how long has this Garde's Cêpan been dead?
(a) The Cêpan is still alive.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
10. Why does John think Sarah is at the back of the house?
(a) From the sounds of her voice.
(b) He can sense the dogs.
(c) Another Legacy emerges which enables him to see through solids.
(d) He can tell that's the only place left that is not on fire.
11. Why does John jump to the second story of the house?
(a) He is in too big a hurry to use the steps.
(b) Part of the stairs are gone.
(c) The bottom floor is all on fire.
(d) He thinks Sarah is on the other side of the ground floor and it's faster to go via the upstairs.
12. What tells John that the female garde is still alive?
(a) He sees a number of soldiers being killed by seemingly nothing.
(b) No ring appears on his ankle.
(c) A scream.
(d) A clap of thunder.
13. What does this Garde tell John?
(a) She wants to come with them for a while.
(b) She needs a new Cêpan in order to develop her legacies.
(c) She has to find Number Five.
(d) They are in a war.
14. What does John tell Sarah?
(a) That his father used to be a firefighter so he knows how to rescue people in a fire.
(b) That his name is really James.
(c) That he has to move.
(d) The truth about himself.
15. What does John see boarding a spaceship?
(a) John's sister.
(b) John's family.
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henri learn about the men who were in the house where the Mogadarians came?
2. What is on Henri's laptop?
3. Why does John grab Sam and Henri in each arm and jump out of the house?
4. Why is Henri angry?
5. Where has Sarah been helping to build a shelter?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)