|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John spend Christmas?
(a) With Sarah.
(b) Getting packed.
(d) With Sam and his family.
2. What does John do without thinking about it?
(a) Pulls a knife on Mr. Harris.
(b) Jumps through Mr. Harris' window.
(c) Ties up Mr. Harris.
(d) Knocks out Mr. Harris.
3. How long has the Garde been looking for John?
(a) A month.
(b) Since Number Three was killed.
(c) A year.
(d) A few days.
4. What does the fax say that Mr. Harris hands John?
(a) It says he is a hero.
(b) It asks if he's Number Four.
(c) It says he has been given a largess by Sarah's father.
(d) It says he set the fire.
5. What does Henri suggest Sarah and Mark do?
(b) Stay with them.
(c) Try to negotiate a safe exit.
(d) Get home.
6. What does Henri say when John expresses hope that someone survived Lorien?
(a) There are several hundred survivors on Earth.
(b) There are about fifteen survivors on earth besides the ones being trained to save Lorien.
(c) It is not likely.
(d) Quite a few made it to a different planet in another solar system.
7. What does John learn when he is looking for Sarah?
(a) That she is with a group of kids near the woods.
(b) That she and the dogs are still inside the burning house.
(c) That she went home earlier.
(d) That she is helping organize a bucket brigade.
8. What is Henri's assessment of John's first day training in this way?
(a) John did well for his first training day.
(b) John better not be exposed to fire.
(c) John better not be exposed to extreme cold.
(d) John needs to learn to pull the needles out with his mind.
9. How do Henri and John become invisible?
(a) They are unable to become invisible.
(b) By holding the Loric chest.
(c) By holding Number Six's hand.
(d) By holding Number Seven's hand.
10. What does John find that gives them more information about what the Mogadarians know?
(b) A cell phone from one of the Mogadarians.
(c) A notebook from one of the Mogadarians.
(d) A post-it note with some words written on it.
11. Why does Henri curse?
(a) Because their identities are revealed.
(b) Because another man has arrived with a shotgun.
(c) Because John seems a little out of control.
(d) Because Sam appears to be in danger.
12. What does Henri want to do?
(a) He is not yet sure.
(b) Go back and kill the Mogadarians.
(c) Leave the area.
(d) Find Sam's father.
13. About what does John remind Henri?
(a) There is a Universal Intelligence.
(b) That the legacies are just for this purpose of fighting.
(c) That until all gardes are gone, Lorien can be saved.
(d) There is always hope.
14. What does Mark ask John?
(a) About the fire.
(b) About the clothes John was wearing after the fire.
(c) About whether he loves Sarah.
(d) About the video.
15. What helps John kill the soldier?
(a) A bullet from Sam.
(b) A bullet from a rifle Mark has.
(c) He remembers his training.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the female Garde kills a Mogadorian scout?
2. What does the man who John and Henri question say about where he received his information?
3. Why does John grab Sam and Henri in each arm and jump out of the house?
4. What does John tell the dogs to do?
5. What does John realize about Bernie?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)