|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a hall monitor tell John in Home Economics class?
(a) Sarah has been called home.
(b) Sarah is missing.
(c) Mr. Harris wants to see John.
(d) Sam is missing.
2. What does John instinctively do that he should not have done?
(a) Takes a breath.
(b) Pulls on the needles.
(c) Tries to melt the ice.
(d) Shakes himself.
3. What does John tell Sarah he needs to do?
(a) Get some clothes.
(b) Find some water.
(c) Go back and tell them Sarah is fine.
(d) Run home for a minute.
4. What does a man do who comes up behind Sam?
(a) Grabs Sam in a headlock.
(b) Pushes Sam down the stairs.
(c) Hits Sam over the head.
(d) Throws a net over Sam.
5. What is one thing John learns how to withstand?
(a) Being frozen to death.
(b) Being engulfed in flames.
(c) Being subjected to needle torture.
(d) Being subjected to mental torture.
6. For what does John use his outstretched arm?
(a) To pull Sam to safety from the man's headlock.
(b) To remove the gun from the one man's hands.
(c) To restrain another man across the room.
(d) To bend the barrel of the gun.
7. What is on Henri's laptop?
(a) A picture of a Mogadorian.
(b) A wanted poster of Henri.
(c) The same question that was faxed to John.
(d) A wanted poster of John.
8. What does Henri suggest Sarah and Mark do?
(a) Stay with them.
(b) Get home.
(d) Try to negotiate a safe exit.
9. Why does John think Sarah is at the back of the house?
(a) He can sense the dogs.
(b) From the sounds of her voice.
(c) Another Legacy emerges which enables him to see through solids.
(d) He can tell that's the only place left that is not on fire.
10. How far does the soldier throw John?
(a) Fifty yard.
(b) Forty feet.
(c) Just a few feet away.
(d) A hundred yards.
11. What does John say he has to do before leaving?
(a) Get both Sam and Sarah safe.
(b) Get Sarah safe.
(c) Get Sam safe.
(d) Find the reporter who took the video.
12. What is Henri's assessment of John's first day training in this way?
(a) John better not be exposed to extreme cold.
(b) John needs to learn to pull the needles out with his mind.
(c) John better not be exposed to fire.
(d) John did well for his first training day.
13. What does this Garde tell John?
(a) She wants to come with them for a while.
(b) She has to find Number Five.
(c) She needs a new Cêpan in order to develop her legacies.
(d) They are in a war.
14. How long has the Garde been looking for John?
(a) Since Number Three was killed.
(b) A few days.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
15. Why is Henri angry?
(a) That John has not packed.
(b) That Mark is there.
(c) That John lies to him.
(d) That John jumped out of the principal's window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John realize about Bernie?
2. What does John tell Sarah when he finds her?
3. What does Henri monitor?
4. Why does John jump to the second story of the house?
5. What helps John kill the soldier?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)