|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who grabs John from behind?
(a) Number Seven.
(b) Number Six.
(c) A Mogadorian.
2. What does John see boarding a spaceship?
(a) John's family.
(c) John's sister.
(d) No one.
3. What does the Garde ask John?
(a) If he has met any other Gardes.
(b) If he still has a Cêpan.
(c) If he is leaving town.
(d) If he knows where five is?
4. What does a man do who comes up behind Sam?
(a) Pushes Sam down the stairs.
(b) Grabs Sam in a headlock.
(c) Throws a net over Sam.
(d) Hits Sam over the head.
5. Where is number 7?
6. What is Henri's assessment of John's first day training in this way?
(a) John needs to learn to pull the needles out with his mind.
(b) John better not be exposed to extreme cold.
(c) John did well for his first training day.
(d) John better not be exposed to fire.
7. Where does Sam go for Christmas break?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
8. What does John tell Sarah?
(a) The truth about himself.
(b) That his name is really James.
(c) That his father used to be a firefighter so he knows how to rescue people in a fire.
(d) That he has to move.
9. What does this Garde tell John?
(a) She wants to come with them for a while.
(b) They are in a war.
(c) She has to find Number Five.
(d) She needs a new Cêpan in order to develop her legacies.
10. What does John find that gives them more information about what the Mogadarians know?
(a) A cell phone from one of the Mogadarians.
(b) A post-it note with some words written on it.
(d) A notebook from one of the Mogadarians.
11. What happens as John is running away from a beast?
(a) The school explodes.
(b) A helicopter hovers overhead and shoots the beast.
(c) A third dagger embeds itself in John's back.
(d) Sam kills the beast with a deer rifle.
12. What do John and Sarah agree upon?
(a) To make it seem as though Sarah had gone home for a few minutes.
(b) To leave Paradise.
(c) A story to tell the others.
(d) To say the dogs saved them.
13. What is the main purpose of the scouts?
(a) To find Number Five.
(b) To find Number Four.
(c) To keep the Gardes there until the Mogadorian soldiers arrive.
(d) To give the Loriens a bad name.
14. How does John inadvertently give away his and Sarah's position?
(a) Breaking a window.
(b) Unplugging the P.A. system.
(c) Turning on the lights in the storeroom.
(d) Unplugging the floor polisher.
15. What does Henri monitor?
(a) The number of Mogadarian space ships landing.
(b) How many Legacies John develops.
(d) The Mogadarian channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does John remind Henri?
2. What does Henri want to do?
3. For what does John use his outstretched arm?
4. What tells John that the female garde is still alive?
5. How do Henri and John become invisible?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)