|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the fax say that Mr. Harris hands John?
(a) It says he set the fire.
(b) It asks if he's Number Four.
(c) It says he has been given a largess by Sarah's father.
(d) It says he is a hero.
2. What does Henri suggest Sarah and Mark do?
(a) Get home.
(c) Stay with them.
(d) Try to negotiate a safe exit.
3. What helps John kill the soldier?
(a) A bullet from Sam.
(b) A bullet from a rifle Mark has.
(c) He remembers his training.
(d) A fire.
4. What is one thing John learns how to withstand?
(a) Being subjected to needle torture.
(b) Being frozen to death.
(c) Being engulfed in flames.
(d) Being subjected to mental torture.
5. What happens as John is running away from a beast?
(a) A third dagger embeds itself in John's back.
(b) A helicopter hovers overhead and shoots the beast.
(c) The school explodes.
(d) Sam kills the beast with a deer rifle.
6. What does John tell Sarah he needs to do?
(a) Get some clothes.
(b) Go back and tell them Sarah is fine.
(c) Find some water.
(d) Run home for a minute.
7. What does John find that gives them more information about what the Mogadarians know?
(a) A post-it note with some words written on it.
(b) A cell phone from one of the Mogadarians.
(c) A notebook from one of the Mogadarians.
8. What does John learn when he is looking for Sarah?
(a) That she is helping organize a bucket brigade.
(b) That she went home earlier.
(c) That she is with a group of kids near the woods.
(d) That she and the dogs are still inside the burning house.
9. What does Mr. Harris ask John?
(a) If John is an undercover spy.
(b) If John set the fire in Mark's house.
(c) If he is OK or needs a nurse.
(d) If John is moving.
10. Where is number 7?
11. What do John and Sarah agree upon?
(a) To make it seem as though Sarah had gone home for a few minutes.
(b) To say the dogs saved them.
(c) To leave Paradise.
(d) A story to tell the others.
12. What does John tell the dogs to do?
(a) Go into the woods as if they were not in the house.
(b) Go around to the front.
(d) Stay there.
13. How far does the soldier throw John?
(a) A hundred yards.
(b) Forty feet.
(c) Fifty yard.
(d) Just a few feet away.
14. What does Mark show John?
(a) A fax from a Mogadorian.
(b) A grainy video of John jumping out of the window with Sarah and the dogs.
(c) A grainy video of Bernie Kosar rescuing one of the party goers.
(d) A letter from Sarah.
15. What does this Garde tell John?
(a) She has to find Number Five.
(b) They are in a war.
(c) She needs a new Cêpan in order to develop her legacies.
(d) She wants to come with them for a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of John learning to withstand what is mentioned in question 98?
2. Where has Sarah been helping to build a shelter?
3. What does John hear Henri saying to Sam when John returns to the basement?
4. What does John manage to escape?
5. Who does John call to distract him from grief?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)