|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens sometime near midnight at the party?
(a) Sarah is sick.
(b) There is a fire.
(c) Sam is sick.
(d) One of the football players falls unconscious.
2. What is one thing John learns how to withstand?
(a) Being subjected to mental torture.
(b) Being frozen to death.
(c) Being subjected to needle torture.
(d) Being engulfed in flames.
3. How does John inadvertently give away his and Sarah's position?
(a) Breaking a window.
(b) Unplugging the floor polisher.
(c) Unplugging the P.A. system.
(d) Turning on the lights in the storeroom.
4. For what does John use his outstretched arm?
(a) To restrain another man across the room.
(b) To remove the gun from the one man's hands.
(c) To pull Sam to safety from the man's headlock.
(d) To bend the barrel of the gun.
5. What tells John that the female garde is still alive?
(a) No ring appears on his ankle.
(b) A scream.
(c) A clap of thunder.
(d) He sees a number of soldiers being killed by seemingly nothing.
6. How does the girl save the person in Argentina?
(a) By releasing the water from a dam.
(b) By praying to God.
(c) By calling on her cell phone.
(d) By performing an impossible feat.
7. Why does John think Sarah is at the back of the house?
(a) He can tell that's the only place left that is not on fire.
(b) Another Legacy emerges which enables him to see through solids.
(c) From the sounds of her voice.
(d) He can sense the dogs.
8. What happens when the female Garde kills a Mogadorian scout?
(a) Nothing; it dies and lies there.
(b) It hardens to rock.
(c) It turns into a lizard-like creature.
(d) Its body turns to ash.
9. What does John find that gives them more information about what the Mogadarians know?
(a) A cell phone from one of the Mogadarians.
(b) A post-it note with some words written on it.
(c) A notebook from one of the Mogadarians.
10. Who grabs John from behind?
(a) Number Seven.
(b) Number Six.
(d) A Mogadorian.
11. What is Sarah doing as John jumps out the window?
(a) Kissing John.
(b) Being as still as possible.
12. What does John instinctively do that he should not have done?
(a) Shakes himself.
(b) Pulls on the needles.
(c) Takes a breath.
(d) Tries to melt the ice.
13. What does Henri monitor?
(a) The number of Mogadarian space ships landing.
(b) How many Legacies John develops.
(d) The Mogadarian channel.
14. What does Henri learn about the men who were in the house where the Mogadarians came?
(a) They have disappeared.
(b) They have gone to the press.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They have reported everything to the FBI.
15. What does the Garde ask John?
(a) If he has met any other Gardes.
(b) If he still has a Cêpan.
(c) If he knows where five is?
(d) If he is leaving town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John see boarding a spaceship?
2. What does John tell the dogs to do?
3. What does John do in response to what happens to Sam?
4. How far does the soldier throw John?
5. Where does Sam go for Christmas break?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)