|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Charlotte returns to the college and her own dorm room, how is she feeling?
2. How does Mr. Quat feel about Adam attending the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day?
3. What do the students at the college call the donors who get to sit in the courtside seats?
4. What is the fundamental assumption of the Millennial Mutants regarding college professors?
5. What does Adam do for Charlotte while she is away at her final exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
2. What point does Coach Roth bring to Adam's attention during their meeting about Jojo?
3. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
4. With whom does Charlotte seek comfort after the Christmas break?
5. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
6. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
7. What is the Lounge Committee and why are they meeting in Charlotte's room at the beginning of Chapter 22?
8. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
9. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
10. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of Chapter 18 is Lifeguard. Explain this title. Who is the lifeguard? Is there more than one lifeguard for the various characters? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Provide a comparison of Dupont with Charlotte's home town. Is Dupont what Charlotte expected it to be? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Charlotte and Adam spend a lot of time together. Why does Charlotte think she should fall in love with Adam? What about Adam is causing conflict for Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)