|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading the story, what does Hoyt feel about how others think about him?
2. What does Adam do for Charlotte while she is away at her final exam?
3. How does Mr. Quat feel about Adam attending the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day?
4. What is the new angle Adam wants to take with the governor's story?
5. How does Hoyt respond when Charlotte tell him she does not want to have sex with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
2. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
3. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
4. What point does Coach Roth bring to Adam's attention during their meeting about Jojo?
5. What two types of toasts does Vance make at the formal dinner?
6. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
7. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
8. What is the Lounge Committee and why are they meeting in Charlotte's room at the beginning of Chapter 22?
9. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
10. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of Chapter 18 is Lifeguard. Explain this title. Who is the lifeguard? Is there more than one lifeguard for the various characters? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Charlotte and Adam spend a lot of time together. Why does Charlotte think she should fall in love with Adam? What about Adam is causing conflict for Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Provide a comparison of Dupont with Charlotte's home town. Is Dupont what Charlotte expected it to be? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)