|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adam sleep when he and Charlotte go to his apartment?
2. Why is Adam worried about supporting a gay cause?
3. What is the fundamental assumption of the Millennial Mutants regarding college professors?
4. During the Millennial Mutants meeting at Edgar's apartment, what word is the group dissecting?
5. What does Charlotte's family give her for Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
2. Rather than talking to Miss Pennington or Laurie, where does Charlotte go during Christmas break?
3. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
4. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
5. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
6. What do Jojo and Charlotte discuss over lunch in Chapter 21?
7. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
8. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
9. What effect does Adam's story have on Hoyt?
10. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jojo is a basketball player who is not expected to be intelligent as well. Discuss what leads him to care about his studies. Explain the two main types of conflict Jojo is faced with because of this change of heart about his studies. How does Jojo deal with this? Provide support from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Provide a short description of the basketball stadium and the locker room, discussing the dichotomy between this building and the rest of campus.
What point is the author trying to make with this description? Provide support for your answer with information and examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the dynamic of IP's date at the formal and Julian. What actions lead the reader to know that something is going on? What does this relationship represent? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)