|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jojo do when he gets into the hotel room?
2. Why does President Cutler take Coach Roth's side regarding academic issues of athletes?
3. In Chapter 21, what is Hoyt concerned about regarding graduation and getting a job?
4. After the meeting of the Millennial Mutants, what does Adam's misinterpretation of Charlotte's happiness lead to?
5. Why does Charlotte dread going back to her own dorm room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
2. What effect does Adam's story have on Hoyt?
3. Why doesn't Charlotte's mother believe her when she says the reason for her poor grades is a boyfriend?
4. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
5. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
6. Why does Charlotte have such a difficult time calling her mother after the first semester grades are posted?
7. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
8. What is the Lounge Committee and why are they meeting in Charlotte's room at the beginning of Chapter 22?
9. What point does Coach Roth bring to Adam's attention during their meeting about Jojo?
10. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of Chapter 18 is Lifeguard. Explain this title. Who is the lifeguard? Is there more than one lifeguard for the various characters? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of loneliness that runs through the book. Is Charlotte the only character that feels lonely? If not, what other characters feel lonely? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Provide a comparison of Dupont with Charlotte's home town. Is Dupont what Charlotte expected it to be? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)