|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hoyt and Charlotte are back in the hotel room, why does she say nothing as he undresses her?
2. What does Adam tell Charlotte to try to make her feel better?
3. What grade does Charlotte receive in neuroscience?
4. How does Jojo view Charlotte?
5. What does Coach Roth say about Adam's involvement with tutoring Jojo?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
Essay Topic 2
Jojo is a basketball player who is not expected to be intelligent as well. Discuss what leads him to care about his studies. Explain the two main types of conflict Jojo is faced with because of this change of heart about his studies. How does Jojo deal with this? Provide support from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jojo's need to have the approval of the black players. What does Jojo assume the coaches think about the black players? Does Jojo feel equal to the black players? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)