|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the formal, what does Charlotte do that is uncharacteristic of her?
2. What is Hoyt's starting salary for the job Rachel offers him?
3. How does Hoyt respond when Charlotte tell him she does not want to have sex with him?
4. Where does Adam sleep when he and Charlotte go to his apartment?
5. What is the new angle Adam wants to take with the governor's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
2. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
3. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
4. What is the Lounge Committee and why are they meeting in Charlotte's room at the beginning of Chapter 22?
5. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
6. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
7. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
8. Why does Charlotte have such a difficult time calling her mother after the first semester grades are posted?
9. Why does Charlotte wish Bettina and Mimi were at the basketball game?
10. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
Essay Topic 2
The title of Chapter 18 is Lifeguard. Explain this title. Who is the lifeguard? Is there more than one lifeguard for the various characters? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Lost Province Entr'acte provides an intermission in the events occurring at Dupont. Explain why the author uses this technique. What does the reader learn about Charlotte during this chapter? What does the reader learn about Charlotte's family during this chapter? How are the differences between Charlotte's life at home compared to those at Dupont further clarified? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)