|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading the story, what does Hoyt feel about how others think about him?
2. What type of girls do Beverly and Erica say get invited to frat formals?
3. What bank is at Dupont College on a recruiting trip?
4. What is Charlotte's reaction after the two have sex?
5. At the beginning of the formal, what does Charlotte do that is uncharacteristic of her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of Chapter 18 is Lifeguard. Explain this title. Who is the lifeguard? Is there more than one lifeguard for the various characters? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Many life changing events occur during the course of this book. Choose one character: either Adam, Jojo, or Hoyt. Explore how the character changes from the beginning of the book to the end. Are the changes for the good? Are the changes expected? Do the characters get what they wanted in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Lost Province Entr'acte provides an intermission in the events occurring at Dupont. Explain why the author uses this technique. What does the reader learn about Charlotte during this chapter? What does the reader learn about Charlotte's family during this chapter? How are the differences between Charlotte's life at home compared to those at Dupont further clarified? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)