|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Charlotte, what does the dancing look like?
2. At the beginning of dinner, who makes a speech?
3. What does Coach Roth say about Adam's involvement with tutoring Jojo?
4. As Holt walks through campus ranting over the meeting with Mr. Quat, why is he not worried about others thinking he is talking to himself?
5. With whom does Charlotte notices Julian flirting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of Chapter 18 is Lifeguard. Explain this title. Who is the lifeguard? Is there more than one lifeguard for the various characters? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
One of the main themes of this book is identity. In an essay, explore the progression of Charlotte's identity. Use examples from the book to support your progression. By the end of the book, does Charlotte lose her identity? Why or why not? Does Charlotte achieve the identity and status she set out to achieve? Do you think this progression of identity is a natural part of the growing process or does Charlotte purposefully change her own identity?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of loneliness that runs through the book. Is Charlotte the only character that feels lonely? If not, what other characters feel lonely? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)