|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hoyt respond when Charlotte tell him she does not want to have sex with him?
2. When Beverly wakes up angry because the phone is ringing early in the morning, what does Charlotte realize?
3. Who invites Charlotte over to talk while she is home on break?
4. What is Hoyt's starting salary for the job Rachel offers him?
5. What is Mr. Quat's decision regarding the plagiarism issue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two types of toasts does Vance make at the formal dinner?
2. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
3. What is the Lounge Committee and why are they meeting in Charlotte's room at the beginning of Chapter 22?
4. What effect does Adam's story have on Hoyt?
5. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
6. Why does Charlotte wish Bettina and Mimi were at the basketball game?
7. Rather than talking to Miss Pennington or Laurie, where does Charlotte go during Christmas break?
8. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
9. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
10. With whom does Charlotte seek comfort after the Christmas break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide a short description of the basketball stadium and the locker room, discussing the dichotomy between this building and the rest of campus.
What point is the author trying to make with this description? Provide support for your answer with information and examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the dynamic of IP's date at the formal and Julian. What actions lead the reader to know that something is going on? What does this relationship represent? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)