|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the fraternity formal being held?
2. Who invites Charlotte over to talk while she is home on break?
3. Who is Adam's source at Saint Ray house for his story?
4. What bank is at Dupont College on a recruiting trip?
5. Why is Adam worried about supporting a gay cause?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
2. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
3. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
4. What effect does Adam's story have on Hoyt?
5. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
6. After the formal, what are Charlotte's feelings about going back to the room alone with Hoyt?
7. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
8. Why does Charlotte have such a difficult time calling her mother after the first semester grades are posted?
9. What do Jojo and Charlotte discuss over lunch in Chapter 21?
10. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
Essay Topic 2
Charlotte and Adam spend a lot of time together. Why does Charlotte think she should fall in love with Adam? What about Adam is causing conflict for Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Provide a short description of the basketball stadium and the locker room, discussing the dichotomy between this building and the rest of campus.
What point is the author trying to make with this description? Provide support for your answer with information and examples from the book.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)