|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade does Charlotte receive in neuroscience?
2. What does Adam do for Charlotte while she is away at her final exam?
3. What is the fundamental assumption of the Millennial Mutants regarding college professors?
4. To Charlotte, what does the dancing look like?
5. Why does Charlotte say she cannot go back to Adam's apartment after the meeting of the Millennial Mutants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Lounge Committee and why are they meeting in Charlotte's room at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. Rather than talking to Miss Pennington or Laurie, where does Charlotte go during Christmas break?
3. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
4. After the formal, what are Charlotte's feelings about going back to the room alone with Hoyt?
5. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
6. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
7. Why does Charlotte have such a difficult time calling her mother after the first semester grades are posted?
8. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
9. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
10. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The decline of academia is a major theme in this book. Provide a list of all examples of this theme. For each example, explain why it represents the decline of academia.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jojo's need to have the approval of the black players. What does Jojo assume the coaches think about the black players? Does Jojo feel equal to the black players? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)