|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Charlotte notices Julian flirting?
2. What reason does Charlotte give her mother for her poor grades?
3. What does Adam state he was going by writing Jojo's paper?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 21, where do Charlotte and Jojo agree to meet after class?
5. When Hoyt and Charlotte are back in the hotel room, why does she say nothing as he undresses her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
2. Why doesn't Charlotte's mother believe her when she says the reason for her poor grades is a boyfriend?
3. During the car ride to Washington D.C., what is the one thing that makes Charlotte feel a little more comfortable?
4. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
5. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
6. When Adam begins begging Mr. Quat not to take action on the plagiarism issue, what is his response?
7. What do Jojo and Charlotte discuss over lunch in Chapter 21?
8. What effect does Adam's story have on Hoyt?
9. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
10. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many life changing events occur during the course of this book. Choose one character: either Adam, Jojo, or Hoyt. Explore how the character changes from the beginning of the book to the end. Are the changes for the good? Are the changes expected? Do the characters get what they wanted in the end?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the dynamic of IP's date at the formal and Julian. What actions lead the reader to know that something is going on? What does this relationship represent? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
A number of characters struggle with identity throughout the book. Hoyt is one of the main characters with this issue. Explore Hoyt's identity. What does Hoyt think about himself? What in his past causes his struggle? Do you think other respect Hoyt? Do you think Hoyt truly respects himself?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)