|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the car ride to the formal, why does Charlotte feel out of place?
2. What is the fundamental assumption of the Millennial Mutants regarding college professors?
3. Where is the fraternity formal being held?
4. Why does Charlotte say she cannot go back to Adam's apartment after the meeting of the Millennial Mutants?
5. As Charlotte leaves Adam's apartment, what is Adam busy doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
2. Why doesn't Charlotte's mother believe her when she says the reason for her poor grades is a boyfriend?
3. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
4. During the car ride to Washington D.C., what is the one thing that makes Charlotte feel a little more comfortable?
5. What point does Coach Roth bring to Adam's attention during their meeting about Jojo?
6. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
7. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
8. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
9. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
10. When Adam begins begging Mr. Quat not to take action on the plagiarism issue, what is his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Beverly represents. How does this representation affect Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Provide a short description of the basketball stadium and the locker room, discussing the dichotomy between this building and the rest of campus.
What point is the author trying to make with this description? Provide support for your answer with information and examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)