|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, who does Hoyt meet at I.M.?
2. What does President Cutler think of Mr. Quat and Coach Roth?
3. When does the final chapter begin?
4. Why is Adam worried about supporting a gay cause?
5. How does Charlotte feel about sitting at the head of the table?
Short Essay Questions
1. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
2. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
3. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
4. Why doesn't Charlotte's mother believe her when she says the reason for her poor grades is a boyfriend?
5. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
6. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
7. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
8. When Adam begins begging Mr. Quat not to take action on the plagiarism issue, what is his response?
9. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
10. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Charlotte's concern for what others think of her. What does this obsession lead her to do? What problems does this obsession cause between the characters Charlotte interacts with as well as her own identity?
Essay Topic 2
Charlotte and Adam spend a lot of time together. Why does Charlotte think she should fall in love with Adam? What about Adam is causing conflict for Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)