|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charlotte room with at the hotel?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 21, where do Charlotte and Jojo agree to meet after class?
3. What does Adam state he was going by writing Jojo's paper?
4. After reading the story, what does Hoyt feel about how others think about him?
5. When does the final chapter begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
2. After the formal, what are Charlotte's feelings about going back to the room alone with Hoyt?
3. What point does Coach Roth bring to Adam's attention during their meeting about Jojo?
4. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
5. What do Jojo and Charlotte discuss over lunch in Chapter 21?
6. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
7. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
8. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
9. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
10. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Charlotte's concern for what others think of her. What does this obsession lead her to do? What problems does this obsession cause between the characters Charlotte interacts with as well as her own identity?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)