Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Charlotte tries to leave the library because she cannot stop crying, who does she run into?
2. What does Hoyt decide to do for the event he and his friends discuss?
3. On the car ride to the formal, why does Charlotte feel out of place?
4. What does Coach Roth say about Adam's involvement with tutoring Jojo?
5. After reading the story, what does Hoyt feel about how others think about him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Charlotte's concern for what others think of her. What does this obsession lead her to do? What problems does this obsession cause between the characters Charlotte interacts with as well as her own identity?
Essay Topic 3
One of the main themes of this book is identity. In an essay, explore the progression of Charlotte's identity. Use examples from the book to support your progression. By the end of the book, does Charlotte lose her identity? Why or why not? Does Charlotte achieve the identity and status she set out to achieve? Do you think this progression of identity is a natural part of the growing process or does Charlotte purposefully change her own identity?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)