|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of girls do Beverly and Erica say get invited to frat formals?
2. As Charlotte leaves Adam's apartment, what is Adam busy doing?
3. Why does President Cutler take Coach Roth's side regarding academic issues of athletes?
4. Who comes into the room after Hoyt and Charlotte have sex?
5. What do the students at the college call the donors who get to sit in the courtside seats?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
2. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
3. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
4. With whom does Charlotte seek comfort after the Christmas break?
5. Why does Charlotte wish Bettina and Mimi were at the basketball game?
6. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
7. What two types of toasts does Vance make at the formal dinner?
8. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
9. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
10. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lost Province Entr'acte provides an intermission in the events occurring at Dupont. Explain why the author uses this technique. What does the reader learn about Charlotte during this chapter? What does the reader learn about Charlotte's family during this chapter? How are the differences between Charlotte's life at home compared to those at Dupont further clarified? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The title of Chapter 18 is Lifeguard. Explain this title. Who is the lifeguard? Is there more than one lifeguard for the various characters? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)