|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hoyt and Charlotte are back in the hotel room, why does she say nothing as he undresses her?
2. How does Hoyt respond when Charlotte tell him she does not want to have sex with him?
3. How does Adam feel when Charlotte asks if she can stay with him?
4. What bank is at Dupont College on a recruiting trip?
5. What does Adam tell Charlotte to try to make her feel better?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
2. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
3. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
4. Rather than talking to Miss Pennington or Laurie, where does Charlotte go during Christmas break?
5. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
6. What do Jojo and Charlotte discuss over lunch in Chapter 21?
7. When Adam begins begging Mr. Quat not to take action on the plagiarism issue, what is his response?
8. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
9. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
10. What is the Lounge Committee and why are they meeting in Charlotte's room at the beginning of Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the dynamic of IP's date at the formal and Julian. What actions lead the reader to know that something is going on? What does this relationship represent? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 15, Charlotte must convince Bettina and Mimi to go to the tailgate party with her. This is much different from an earlier scene when Bettina and Mimi have to convince Charlotte to go to a party with them. What changes in Charlotte led to this role reversal? What changes in Bettina and Mimi led to this role reversal? Provide support from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)