|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adam sleep when he and Charlotte go to his apartment?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 31, how is Mr. Quat described?
3. During their lunch together, what does Jojo ask Charlotte to do for him?
4. On the car ride to the formal, why does Charlotte feel out of place?
5. How does Mr. Quat describe the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day protest?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Adam begins begging Mr. Quat not to take action on the plagiarism issue, what is his response?
2. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
3. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
4. What effect does Adam's story have on Hoyt?
5. What point does Coach Roth bring to Adam's attention during their meeting about Jojo?
6. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
7. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
8. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
9. Why does Charlotte have such a difficult time calling her mother after the first semester grades are posted?
10. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlotte's feelings of control are identified throughout the book. Provide examples of when Charlotte feels in control. Is there an underlying theme for this control? Is Charlotte really ever in control? Support your answer with information in the book.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 15, Charlotte must convince Bettina and Mimi to go to the tailgate party with her. This is much different from an earlier scene when Bettina and Mimi have to convince Charlotte to go to a party with them. What changes in Charlotte led to this role reversal? What changes in Bettina and Mimi led to this role reversal? Provide support from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)