|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Charlotte gets to the hotel room, what type of drink does she have?
2. How does Jojo view Charlotte?
3. What does Jojo do when he gets into the hotel room?
4. What is Hoyt's starting salary for the job Rachel offers him?
5. After reading the story, what does Hoyt feel about how others think about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Lounge Committee and why are they meeting in Charlotte's room at the beginning of Chapter 22?
2. What two types of toasts does Vance make at the formal dinner?
3. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
4. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
5. Why doesn't Charlotte's mother believe her when she says the reason for her poor grades is a boyfriend?
6. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
7. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
8. Rather than talking to Miss Pennington or Laurie, where does Charlotte go during Christmas break?
9. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
10. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jojo is a basketball player who is not expected to be intelligent as well. Discuss what leads him to care about his studies. Explain the two main types of conflict Jojo is faced with because of this change of heart about his studies. How does Jojo deal with this? Provide support from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 15, Charlotte must convince Bettina and Mimi to go to the tailgate party with her. This is much different from an earlier scene when Bettina and Mimi have to convince Charlotte to go to a party with them. What changes in Charlotte led to this role reversal? What changes in Bettina and Mimi led to this role reversal? Provide support from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Many life changing events occur during the course of this book. Choose one character: either Adam, Jojo, or Hoyt. Explore how the character changes from the beginning of the book to the end. Are the changes for the good? Are the changes expected? Do the characters get what they wanted in the end?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)