|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hoyt respond when Charlotte tell him she does not want to have sex with him?
2. Who comes into the room after Hoyt and Charlotte have sex?
3. When Jojo asks a groupie named Marilyn why she dotes on the team members, what is her response?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 21, where do Charlotte and Jojo agree to meet after class?
5. What do the students at the college call the donors who get to sit in the courtside seats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
2. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
3. What two types of toasts does Vance make at the formal dinner?
4. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
5. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
6. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
7. Why does Charlotte have such a difficult time calling her mother after the first semester grades are posted?
8. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
9. During the car ride to Washington D.C., what is the one thing that makes Charlotte feel a little more comfortable?
10. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jojo's need to have the approval of the black players. What does Jojo assume the coaches think about the black players? Does Jojo feel equal to the black players? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Jojo is a basketball player who is not expected to be intelligent as well. Discuss what leads him to care about his studies. Explain the two main types of conflict Jojo is faced with because of this change of heart about his studies. How does Jojo deal with this? Provide support from the book.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)