|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte begin to understand during lunch in Chapter 8?
2. How does the author describe Dupont College?
3. What does Adam suggest when they get to Saint Ray house?
4. After being forced out of her room by Beverly, where is Charlotte forced to sleep?
5. On Charlotte's first night at Edgerton House, what does she awake to in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
2. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
3. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
4. Why does Jojo feel his purpose in life has been deleted?
5. What is Coach Roth's concern with Jojo taking advanced courses?
6. What is the confrontation between Jojo and Adam about the paper?
7. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
8. How does Charlotte feel during lunch with Jojo in Chapter 7?
9. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
10. What are some of Charlotte's concerns about going to the frat party with Bettina and Mimi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Beverly represents. How does this representation affect Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of loneliness that runs through the book. Is Charlotte the only character that feels lonely? If not, what other characters feel lonely? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)