|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlotte want to go to the Saint Ray house?
2. Why does Charlotte refuse to dance?
3. What does Charlotte want to feel toward Adam?
4. What does the author describe as Adam's humiliation?
5. How does Jojo feel when he sees the coach talking privately with Congers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jojo feel his purpose in life has been deleted?
2. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
3. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
4. How does Charlotte feel about the discussion with the Millennial Mutants?
5. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
6. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
7. Why does Beverly wake Charlotte up in the middle of the night?
8. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
9. Why does Jojo think he deserves a break regarding his studies?
10. Why were many fans excited to watch the pick-up basketball game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide a short description of the basketball stadium and the locker room, discussing the dichotomy between this building and the rest of campus.
What point is the author trying to make with this description? Provide support for your answer with information and examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Charlotte's feelings of control are identified throughout the book. Provide examples of when Charlotte feels in control. Is there an underlying theme for this control? Is Charlotte really ever in control? Support your answer with information in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the dynamic of IP's date at the formal and Julian. What actions lead the reader to know that something is going on? What does this relationship represent? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)