|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does the author indicate about the result of male humiliation?
2. How is the area around the college described?
3. What is one thing that makes up Charlotte's personality?
4. What does Bettina call the girls that sit in the hallway of the dorm?
5. In Chapter 10, why is Charlotte worried about going to the frat party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
2. How does Charlotte feel during lunch with Jojo in Chapter 7?
3. How does Charlotte feel about Beverly's attitude toward her?
4. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
5. Why does Beverly wake Charlotte up in the middle of the night?
6. What is the significance of the jeans Charlotte wears to Saint Ray house when she thanks Hoyt for standing up for her at the tailgating party?
7. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
8. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
9. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
10. What is Coach Roth's concern with Jojo taking advanced courses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the dynamic of IP's date at the formal and Julian. What actions lead the reader to know that something is going on? What does this relationship represent? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jojo's need to have the approval of the black players. What does Jojo assume the coaches think about the black players? Does Jojo feel equal to the black players? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)