Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Charlotte wake up to?
2. What does Adam agree to do to help Jojo?
3. What is one thing that makes up Charlotte's personality?
4. What is one of Adam's jobs at Dupont?
5. What does Charlotte admit the point of going to the bar is?
Short Essay Questions
1. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
2. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
3. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
4. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
5. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
6. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
7. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
8. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
9. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
10. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
Explain Charlotte's concern for what others think of her. What does this obsession lead her to do? What problems does this obsession cause between the characters Charlotte interacts with as well as her own identity?
Jojo is a basketball player who is not expected to be intelligent as well. Discuss what leads him to care about his studies. Explain the two main types of conflict Jojo is faced with because of this change of heart about his studies. How does Jojo deal with this? Provide support from the book.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)