|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why is Charlotte worried about going to the frat party?
2. Why does Jojo feel he deserves a second chance?
3. At breakfast the day after the frat party, what feeling is evident in Charlotte friends?
4. What type of house is the Saint Ray house?
5. What does Adam agree to do to help Jojo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
2. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
3. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
4. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
5. What is the significance of the jeans Charlotte wears to Saint Ray house when she thanks Hoyt for standing up for her at the tailgating party?
6. What is the confrontation between Jojo and Adam about the paper?
7. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
8. How does Charlotte feel about Beverly's attitude toward her?
9. Why were many fans excited to watch the pick-up basketball game?
10. How does Charlotte feel during lunch with Jojo in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the dynamic of IP's date at the formal and Julian. What actions lead the reader to know that something is going on? What does this relationship represent? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
A number of characters struggle with identity throughout the book. Hoyt is one of the main characters with this issue. Explore Hoyt's identity. What does Hoyt think about himself? What in his past causes his struggle? Do you think other respect Hoyt? Do you think Hoyt truly respects himself?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)