|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlotte thank Adam for walking with her to Saint Ray house?
2. What does Charlotte begin to understand during lunch in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 5, the reader learns that Hoyt's father is what type of man?
4. How much does Charlotte pay for her new jeans?
5. What honor is Adam working toward?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlotte excited when Hoyt says her name when they say goodbye?
2. In the game against Cincinnati, why is Jojo's game off?
3. Why does Beverly wake Charlotte up in the middle of the night?
4. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
5. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
6. Why is Charlotte hesitant to fall in love with Adam?
7. When Adam walks Charlotte to Saint Ray house, why is he so interested in going in with her?
8. Why does Jojo think he deserves a break regarding his studies?
9. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
10. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many life changing events occur during the course of this book. Choose one character: either Adam, Jojo, or Hoyt. Explore how the character changes from the beginning of the book to the end. Are the changes for the good? Are the changes expected? Do the characters get what they wanted in the end?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Beverly represents. How does this representation affect Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)