|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of taunting other players during a basketball game?
2. What is significant about Charlotte's professor Mr. Sterling?
3. How tall is Jojo Johanssen?
4. At the frat party, who asks Charlotte to dance?
5. In addition of Adam, what other boy is Charlotte seeing at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Charlotte first meets her roommate, what difference is apparent?
2. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
3. In the game against Cincinnati, why is Jojo's game off?
4. How does Charlotte feel about the discussion with the Millennial Mutants?
5. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
6. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
7. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
8. When Adam walks Charlotte to Saint Ray house, why is he so interested in going in with her?
9. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
10. Why does Jojo feel his purpose in life has been deleted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Jojo is a basketball player who is not expected to be intelligent as well. Discuss what leads him to care about his studies. Explain the two main types of conflict Jojo is faced with because of this change of heart about his studies. How does Jojo deal with this? Provide support from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jojo's need to have the approval of the black players. What does Jojo assume the coaches think about the black players? Does Jojo feel equal to the black players? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)