|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jojo feel he deserves a second chance?
2. In Chapter 13, who invites Charlotte to a tailgate party?
3. What characteristic does Laurie have that leads Charlotte to call her in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 10, why is Charlotte worried about going to the frat party?
5. What does Jojo feel his purpose in life is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlotte hesitant to fall in love with Adam?
2. What is Coach Roth's concern with Jojo taking advanced courses?
3. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
4. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
5. Why does Jojo think he deserves a break regarding his studies?
6. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
7. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
8. How does Charlotte feel about the discussion with the Millennial Mutants?
9. What are some of Charlotte's concerns about going to the frat party with Bettina and Mimi?
10. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A number of characters struggle with identity throughout the book. Hoyt is one of the main characters with this issue. Explore Hoyt's identity. What does Hoyt think about himself? What in his past causes his struggle? Do you think other respect Hoyt? Do you think Hoyt truly respects himself?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Charlotte's concern for what others think of her. What does this obsession lead her to do? What problems does this obsession cause between the characters Charlotte interacts with as well as her own identity?
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Beverly represents. How does this representation affect Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)