Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Charlotte wake up to?
2. What does Adam agree to do to help Jojo?
3. What is one thing that makes up Charlotte's personality?
4. What is one of Adam's jobs at Dupont?
5. What does Charlotte admit the point of going to the bar is?
Short Essay Questions
1. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
2. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
3. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
4. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
5. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
6. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
7. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
8. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
9. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
10. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
Essay Topic 1
A number of characters struggle with identity throughout the book. Hoyt is one of the main characters with this issue. Explore Hoyt's identity. What does Hoyt think about himself? What in his past causes his struggle? Do you think other respect Hoyt? Do you think Hoyt truly respects himself?
Essay Topic 2
The decline of academia is a major theme in this book. Provide a list of all examples of this theme. For each example, explain why it represents the decline of academia.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)