Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Charlotte wake up to?
2. What does Adam agree to do to help Jojo?
3. What is one thing that makes up Charlotte's personality?
4. What is one of Adam's jobs at Dupont?
5. What does Charlotte admit the point of going to the bar is?
Short Essay Questions
1. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
2. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
3. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
4. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
5. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
6. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
7. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
8. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
9. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
10. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of loneliness that runs through the book. Is Charlotte the only character that feels lonely? If not, what other characters feel lonely? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Many life changing events occur during the course of this book. Choose one character: either Adam, Jojo, or Hoyt. Explore how the character changes from the beginning of the book to the end. Are the changes for the good? Are the changes expected? Do the characters get what they wanted in the end?
Essay Topic 3
The decline of academia is a major theme in this book. Provide a list of all examples of this theme. For each example, explain why it represents the decline of academia.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)