|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlotte feel about Beverly after seeing her walking back to the dorm the next morning?
2. What does Bettina call the girls that sit in the hallway of the dorm?
3. What is Adam's idea for a news story?
4. What is the name of Dupont's alternative newspaper?
5. In Chapter 14, when Charlotte meets up with Adam and his friends, what are they discussing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
2. Why is Charlotte's class with Mr. Sterling so exciting to her?
3. Why does Jojo think he deserves a break regarding his studies?
4. When Charlotte first meets her roommate, what difference is apparent?
5. How is Charlotte's social status different than she expected after the frat party?
6. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
7. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
8. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
9. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
10. What is the confrontation between Jojo and Adam about the paper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A number of characters struggle with identity throughout the book. Hoyt is one of the main characters with this issue. Explore Hoyt's identity. What does Hoyt think about himself? What in his past causes his struggle? Do you think other respect Hoyt? Do you think Hoyt truly respects himself?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
Essay Topic 3
Provide a comparison of Dupont with Charlotte's home town. Is Dupont what Charlotte expected it to be? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)