|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Charlotte's roommate?
2. How much does Charlotte pay for her new jeans?
3. Why does Hoyt's other girlfriend refuse to speak to him?
4. What does the author describe as Adam's humiliation?
5. What does Charlotte want to feel toward Adam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlotte feel about Beverly's attitude toward her?
2. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
3. Why is Charlotte's class with Mr. Sterling so exciting to her?
4. What does Charlotte find astonishing about her advanced French class?
5. How does Hoyt come to receive a partial scholarship based on his "deserving poor" status?
6. What is the significance of the jeans Charlotte wears to Saint Ray house when she thanks Hoyt for standing up for her at the tailgating party?
7. Why were many fans excited to watch the pick-up basketball game?
8. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
9. What is the confrontation between Jojo and Adam about the paper?
10. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Beverly represents. How does this representation affect Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
One of the main themes of this book is identity. In an essay, explore the progression of Charlotte's identity. Use examples from the book to support your progression. By the end of the book, does Charlotte lose her identity? Why or why not? Does Charlotte achieve the identity and status she set out to achieve? Do you think this progression of identity is a natural part of the growing process or does Charlotte purposefully change her own identity?
Essay Topic 3
Many life changing events occur during the course of this book. Choose one character: either Adam, Jojo, or Hoyt. Explore how the character changes from the beginning of the book to the end. Are the changes for the good? Are the changes expected? Do the characters get what they wanted in the end?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)