Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Charlotte wake up to?
2. What does Adam agree to do to help Jojo?
3. What is one thing that makes up Charlotte's personality?
4. What is one of Adam's jobs at Dupont?
5. What does Charlotte admit the point of going to the bar is?
Short Essay Questions
1. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
2. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
3. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
4. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
5. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
6. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
7. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
8. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
9. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
10. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
Essay Topic 1
Provide a short description of the basketball stadium and the locker room, discussing the dichotomy between this building and the rest of campus.
What point is the author trying to make with this description? Provide support for your answer with information and examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, Charlotte must convince Bettina and Mimi to go to the tailgate party with her. This is much different from an earlier scene when Bettina and Mimi have to convince Charlotte to go to a party with them. What changes in Charlotte led to this role reversal? What changes in Bettina and Mimi led to this role reversal? Provide support from the book.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)