|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Charlotte pay for her new jeans?
2. How far away is Dupont College from Charlotte's home?
3. What happens when Jojo cannot define some words used in a paper for Mr. Quat's class?
4. What is the name of the intellectual group Adam invites Charlotte to?
5. What honor is Adam working toward?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the car ride to Washington D.C., what is the one thing that makes Charlotte feel a little more comfortable?
2. Why does Jojo think he deserves a break regarding his studies?
3. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
4. In the game against Cincinnati, why is Jojo's game off?
5. Why doesn't Charlotte's mother believe her when she says the reason for her poor grades is a boyfriend?
6. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
7. Why is Charlotte hesitant to fall in love with Adam?
8. Why does Beverly wake Charlotte up in the middle of the night?
9. How is Charlotte's social status different than she expected after the frat party?
10. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
Essay Topic 2
Provide a comparison of Dupont with Charlotte's home town. Is Dupont what Charlotte expected it to be? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the dynamic of IP's date at the formal and Julian. What actions lead the reader to know that something is going on? What does this relationship represent? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,649 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)