|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the dining hall stop serving breakfast?
2. What type of house is the Saint Ray house?
3. After class, in Chapter 8, who asks Charlotte to lunch?
4. At the end of their meeting, what does Mr. Sterling suggest Charlotte do?
5. How does Charlotte feel when Hoyt passes her and dances with another girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
2. When Charlotte first meets her roommate, what difference is apparent?
3. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
4. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
5. Why does Jojo feel his purpose in life has been deleted?
6. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
7. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
8. How is Charlotte's social status different than she expected after the frat party?
9. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
10. What point does Coach Roth bring to Adam's attention during their meeting about Jojo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The decline of academia is a major theme in this book. Provide a list of all examples of this theme. For each example, explain why it represents the decline of academia.
Essay Topic 2
Many life changing events occur during the course of this book. Choose one character: either Adam, Jojo, or Hoyt. Explore how the character changes from the beginning of the book to the end. Are the changes for the good? Are the changes expected? Do the characters get what they wanted in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
This section contains 1,602 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)