|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bettina call the girls that sit in the hallway of the dorm?
2. In Chapter 12, what does the author indicate about the result of male humiliation?
3. What is the meeting with Jojo and Coach Roth about?
4. What honor is Adam working toward?
5. At the frat party, who asks Charlotte to dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jojo feel his purpose in life has been deleted?
2. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
3. Why were many fans excited to watch the pick-up basketball game?
4. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
5. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
6. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
7. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
8. When Charlotte first meets her roommate, what difference is apparent?
9. Why is Charlotte excited when Hoyt says her name when they say goodbye?
10. In the game against Cincinnati, why is Jojo's game off?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide a comparison of Dupont with Charlotte's home town. Is Dupont what Charlotte expected it to be? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, Charlotte must convince Bettina and Mimi to go to the tailgate party with her. This is much different from an earlier scene when Bettina and Mimi have to convince Charlotte to go to a party with them. What changes in Charlotte led to this role reversal? What changes in Bettina and Mimi led to this role reversal? Provide support from the book.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)