|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the coach put in the game to replace Jojo?
2. What honor does Charlotte receive upon graduating high school?
3. During the phone call to Laurie, why does Charlotte stop listening?
4. Why does Charlotte refuse to dance?
5. What time does the dining hall stop serving breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
2. Why is Charlotte's class with Mr. Sterling so exciting to her?
3. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
4. Why is Charlotte hesitant to fall in love with Adam?
5. How is Charlotte's social status different than she expected after the frat party?
6. Why were many fans excited to watch the pick-up basketball game?
7. Why is Charlotte excited when Hoyt says her name when they say goodbye?
8. What are some of Charlotte's concerns about going to the frat party with Bettina and Mimi?
9. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
10. What is the confrontation between Jojo and Adam about the paper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Provide a comparison of Dupont with Charlotte's home town. Is Dupont what Charlotte expected it to be? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
Essay Topic 3
A number of characters struggle with identity throughout the book. Hoyt is one of the main characters with this issue. Explore Hoyt's identity. What does Hoyt think about himself? What in his past causes his struggle? Do you think other respect Hoyt? Do you think Hoyt truly respects himself?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)