|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about Charlotte's professor Mr. Sterling?
2. In addition to being a promising star, what else does Adam believe about himself?
3. What is the true reason Charlotte does not want Adam to come into Saint Ray house?
4. In Chapter 6, why is Charlotte shocked when Beverly is on the cell phone?
5. What does Adam agree to do to help Jojo?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the game against Cincinnati, why is Jojo's game off?
2. What is Coach Roth's concern with Jojo taking advanced courses?
3. When Adam walks Charlotte to Saint Ray house, why is he so interested in going in with her?
4. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
5. How does Charlotte feel about Beverly's attitude toward her?
6. What is the confrontation between Jojo and Adam about the paper?
7. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
8. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
9. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
10. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Beverly represents. How does this representation affect Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Provide a comparison of Dupont with Charlotte's home town. Is Dupont what Charlotte expected it to be? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)