Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlotte want to go to the Saint Ray house?
2. How does the author describe Dupont College?
3. What county does the main character of this story come from?
4. After class, in Chapter 8, who asks Charlotte to lunch?
5. In Chapter 12, what does the author indicate about the result of male humiliation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the jeans Charlotte wears to Saint Ray house when she thanks Hoyt for standing up for her at the tailgating party?
2. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
3. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
4. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
5. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
6. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
7. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
8. What is Coach Roth's concern with Jojo taking advanced courses?
9. After the formal, what are Charlotte's feelings about going back to the room alone with Hoyt?
10. Why were many fans excited to watch the pick-up basketball game?
The title of Chapter 18 is Lifeguard. Explain this title. Who is the lifeguard? Is there more than one lifeguard for the various characters? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
A number of characters struggle with identity throughout the book. Hoyt is one of the main characters with this issue. Explore Hoyt's identity. What does Hoyt think about himself? What in his past causes his struggle? Do you think other respect Hoyt? Do you think Hoyt truly respects himself?
In Chapter 15, Charlotte must convince Bettina and Mimi to go to the tailgate party with her. This is much different from an earlier scene when Bettina and Mimi have to convince Charlotte to go to a party with them. What changes in Charlotte led to this role reversal? What changes in Bettina and Mimi led to this role reversal? Provide support from the book.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)