Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Charlotte wake up to?
2. What does Adam agree to do to help Jojo?
3. What is one thing that makes up Charlotte's personality?
4. What is one of Adam's jobs at Dupont?
5. What does Charlotte admit the point of going to the bar is?
Short Essay Questions
1. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
2. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
3. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
4. Why is Charlotte acting overly animated when she and Adam go to Mr. Rayon for breakfast?
5. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
6. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
7. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
8. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
9. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
10. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
Essay Topic 1
Lost Province Entr'acte provides an intermission in the events occurring at Dupont. Explain why the author uses this technique. What does the reader learn about Charlotte during this chapter? What does the reader learn about Charlotte's family during this chapter? How are the differences between Charlotte's life at home compared to those at Dupont further clarified? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Charlotte's feelings of control are identified throughout the book. Provide examples of when Charlotte feels in control. Is there an underlying theme for this control? Is Charlotte really ever in control? Support your answer with information in the book.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)