|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Charlotte wake up to?
2. After class, in Chapter 8, who asks Charlotte to lunch?
3. What is Adam's idea for a news story?
4. In addition to being a promising star, what else does Adam believe about himself?
5. How tall is Jojo Johanssen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlotte find astonishing about her advanced French class?
2. What are some of Charlotte's concerns about going to the frat party with Bettina and Mimi?
3. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
4. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
5. Why does Charlotte wish Bettina and Mimi were at the basketball game?
6. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
7. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
8. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
9. Rather than talking to Miss Pennington or Laurie, where does Charlotte go during Christmas break?
10. Why is Charlotte hesitant to fall in love with Adam?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
Essay Topic 2
Charlotte's feelings of control are identified throughout the book. Provide examples of when Charlotte feels in control. Is there an underlying theme for this control? Is Charlotte really ever in control? Support your answer with information in the book.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, Charlotte must convince Bettina and Mimi to go to the tailgate party with her. This is much different from an earlier scene when Bettina and Mimi have to convince Charlotte to go to a party with them. What changes in Charlotte led to this role reversal? What changes in Bettina and Mimi led to this role reversal? Provide support from the book.
This section contains 1,730 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)