|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte lie to Adam about?
2. Why does Hoyt's other girlfriend refuse to speak to him?
3. In Chapter 11, what does Coach Roth do to Jojo?
4. How do Charlotte and her friends get into the I.M.?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 18, why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jojo think he deserves a break regarding his studies?
2. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
3. What does Charlotte find astonishing about her advanced French class?
4. Why does Jojo feel his purpose in life has been deleted?
5. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
6. How is Charlotte's social status different than she expected after the frat party?
7. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
8. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
9. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
10. When Adam walks Charlotte to Saint Ray house, why is he so interested in going in with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the dynamic of IP's date at the formal and Julian. What actions lead the reader to know that something is going on? What does this relationship represent? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Jojo is a basketball player who is not expected to be intelligent as well. Discuss what leads him to care about his studies. Explain the two main types of conflict Jojo is faced with because of this change of heart about his studies. How does Jojo deal with this? Provide support from the book.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)