|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, why does Jojo confront Adam about the paper?
2. What does Adam suggest when they get to Saint Ray house?
3. What is the meeting with Jojo and Coach Roth about?
4. In Chapter 12, what does the author indicate about the result of male humiliation?
5. Who beats up the bodyguard in the Grove?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlotte hesitant to fall in love with Adam?
2. When Charlotte first meets her roommate, what difference is apparent?
3. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
4. Why does Beverly wake Charlotte up in the middle of the night?
5. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
6. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
7. Why does Jojo feel his purpose in life has been deleted?
8. What does Charlotte find astonishing about her advanced French class?
9. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
10. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lost Province Entr'acte provides an intermission in the events occurring at Dupont. Explain why the author uses this technique. What does the reader learn about Charlotte during this chapter? What does the reader learn about Charlotte's family during this chapter? How are the differences between Charlotte's life at home compared to those at Dupont further clarified? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Provide a comparison of Dupont with Charlotte's home town. Is Dupont what Charlotte expected it to be? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)