|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why is Charlotte worried about going to the frat party?
2. In addition of Adam, what other boy is Charlotte seeing at this time?
3. Who does the coach put in the game to replace Jojo?
4. What is one of Adam's jobs at Dupont?
5. What does Adam suggest when they get to Saint Ray house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beverly wake Charlotte up in the middle of the night?
2. What is Coach Roth's concern with Jojo taking advanced courses?
3. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
4. When Adam walks Charlotte to Saint Ray house, why is he so interested in going in with her?
5. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
6. Why is Charlotte excited when Hoyt says her name when they say goodbye?
7. How does Charlotte feel during lunch with Jojo in Chapter 7?
8. How does Hoyt come to receive a partial scholarship based on his "deserving poor" status?
9. What are some of Charlotte's concerns about going to the frat party with Bettina and Mimi?
10. What is the significance of the jeans Charlotte wears to Saint Ray house when she thanks Hoyt for standing up for her at the tailgating party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of loneliness that runs through the book. Is Charlotte the only character that feels lonely? If not, what other characters feel lonely? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jojo's need to have the approval of the black players. What does Jojo assume the coaches think about the black players? Does Jojo feel equal to the black players? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)