|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, why is Charlotte worried about going to the frat party?
2. What does the I.M. look like on the inside?
3. What time does the dining hall stop serving breakfast?
4. What alumnus of Dupont brings his family to the football game?
5. What does Charlotte lie to Adam about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
2. As Hoyt looks at himself in the mirror, how does he see himself?
3. Why were many fans excited to watch the pick-up basketball game?
4. What is the significance of the jeans Charlotte wears to Saint Ray house when she thanks Hoyt for standing up for her at the tailgating party?
5. What is Coach Roth's concern with Jojo taking advanced courses?
6. Why is Charlotte hesitant to fall in love with Adam?
7. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
8. Why does Jojo feel his purpose in life has been deleted?
9. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
10. How does Charlotte feel about the discussion with the Millennial Mutants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the similarities in Charlotte's willingness to become popular with the governor's willingness to hide the truth about the night in the Grove.
Include information such as:
What lengths do each go to achieve their goal?
How does each of the characters sell out to achieve their goal?
Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflicting nature of the opening scenes of the Prologue and Chapter 1. Do these chapters provide the reader with an indication of what is to come? Why or why not? How are the themes presented in each supported by the activities within the chapters?
Essay Topic 3
Jojo is a basketball player who is not expected to be intelligent as well. Discuss what leads him to care about his studies. Explain the two main types of conflict Jojo is faced with because of this change of heart about his studies. How does Jojo deal with this? Provide support from the book.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)