|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Coach Roth do to Jojo?
2. In Chapter 13, where does the drunken Beverly insist Charlotte take her?
3. At breakfast the day after the frat party, what feeling is evident in Charlotte friends?
4. In Chapter 13, why does Jojo confront Adam about the paper?
5. What honor is Adam working toward?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
2. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
3. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
4. Why does Charlotte wish Bettina and Mimi were at the basketball game?
5. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
6. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
7. What two types of toasts does Vance make at the formal dinner?
8. What is the significance of the jeans Charlotte wears to Saint Ray house when she thanks Hoyt for standing up for her at the tailgating party?
9. What is the confrontation between Jojo and Adam about the paper?
10. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
Essay Topic 1
The title of Chapter 18 is Lifeguard. Explain this title. Who is the lifeguard? Is there more than one lifeguard for the various characters? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Provide a comparison of Dupont with Charlotte's home town. Is Dupont what Charlotte expected it to be? Why or why not? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The decline of academia is a major theme in this book. Provide a list of all examples of this theme. For each example, explain why it represents the decline of academia.
This section contains 1,662 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)