|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, it is noted that historically leaders were warriors; however, the players on the basketball team are compared to what?
2. Who beats up the bodyguard in the Grove?
3. What honor does Charlotte receive upon graduating high school?
4. What is the purpose of taunting other players during a basketball game?
5. What does Charlotte realize about the events during the frat party?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Adam walks Charlotte to Saint Ray house, why is he so interested in going in with her?
2. Why does Jojo feel his purpose in life has been deleted?
3. Why does Beverly wake Charlotte up in the middle of the night?
4. Why is Charlotte hesitant to fall in love with Adam?
5. What are some of Charlotte's concerns about going to the frat party with Bettina and Mimi?
6. How does Charlotte feel during lunch with Jojo in Chapter 7?
7. When Charlotte first meets her roommate, what difference is apparent?
8. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
9. Why is Charlotte's class with Mr. Sterling so exciting to her?
10. What is the significance of the jeans Charlotte wears to Saint Ray house when she thanks Hoyt for standing up for her at the tailgating party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Beverly represents. How does this representation affect Charlotte? Provide examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The title of Chapter 18 is Lifeguard. Explain this title. Who is the lifeguard? Is there more than one lifeguard for the various characters? Provide evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dynamics between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth. What does each of these men represent? How do the actions of these men affect events in the book? What is the author trying to portray by the interaction of these men?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)