|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam tell Charlotte to try to make her feel better?
(a) She is unique.
(b) She is funny.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She is smart.
2. When Beverly wakes up angry because the phone is ringing early in the morning, what does Charlotte realize?
(a) She should have stayed at Adam's.
(b) Beverly is a drunk.
(c) She is no longer intimidated by Beverly.
(d) She needs a new roommate.
3. As Holt walks through campus ranting over the meeting with Mr. Quat, why is he not worried about others thinking he is talking to himself?
(a) He is ranting in his head.
(b) He is too upset to care.
(c) He always talks to himself and others are used to it.
(d) They will think he is on a cell phone.
4. As Charlotte holds Adam and thinks about the situation, how is Adam described?
(a) A brave soul.
(b) A traitor.
(c) Naive and confused.
(d) An insipid Samson.
5. At the beginning of dinner, who makes a speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading the story, what does Hoyt feel about how others think about him?
2. What does Adam state he was going by writing Jojo's paper?
3. Charlotte's grades put her in what academic standing with the college?
4. When Charlotte is picked up that the bus station for Christmas, why is she short with her answers to her family's questions?
5. What event do Hoyt, Julian, and Vance discuss in the library of Saint Ray House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
2. After the formal, what are Charlotte's feelings about going back to the room alone with Hoyt?
3. Why doesn't Charlotte's mother believe her when she says the reason for her poor grades is a boyfriend?
4. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
5. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
6. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
7. What two types of toasts does Vance make at the formal dinner?
8. Rather than talking to Miss Pennington or Laurie, where does Charlotte go during Christmas break?
9. Why is Charlotte confused about her feelings toward Adam?
10. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)