|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Charlotte, what does the dancing look like?
(a) An imitation of sex.
(b) A flow of bodies.
(c) The waltz.
2. What does Adam do for Charlotte while she is away at her final exam?
(a) Makes her diner.
(b) Cleans the apartment.
(c) Buys her roses.
(d) Moves her things into the apartment.
3. What is the new angle Adam wants to take with the governor's story?
(a) A student was bribed.
(b) He wants to drop the story.
(c) The governor was set up.
(d) The governor is a homosexual.
4. At the beginning of the formal, what does Charlotte do that is uncharacteristic of her?
(a) Gets drunk quickly.
(b) Flirts with other boys.
(d) Yells at the other girls.
5. What is Charlotte losing in her pursuit of popularity?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her self-esteem.
(c) Identity of intelligence.
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Charlotte sitting at the basketball tournament?
2. What is the fundamental assumption of the Millennial Mutants regarding college professors?
3. What does Coach Roth say about Adam's involvement with tutoring Jojo?
4. Why does President Cutler take Coach Roth's side regarding academic issues of athletes?
5. As Charlotte holds Adam and thinks about the situation, how is Adam described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jojo and Charlotte discuss over lunch in Chapter 21?
2. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
3. After the formal, what are Charlotte's feelings about going back to the room alone with Hoyt?
4. What effect does Adam's story have on Hoyt?
5. When Adam begins begging Mr. Quat not to take action on the plagiarism issue, what is his response?
6. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
7. During the car ride to Washington D.C., what is the one thing that makes Charlotte feel a little more comfortable?
8. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
9. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
10. What is the Lounge Committee and why are they meeting in Charlotte's room at the beginning of Chapter 22?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)