|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Quat describe the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day protest?
(a) Soft core.
(b) Out of control.
(c) Hard core.
2. What does the letter from Pierce & Pierce say?
(a) They are excited for him to start.
(b) They have reconsidered the starting salary.
(c) They will not be offering him the job.
(d) They will need to see his transcripts.
3. How does Hoyt respond when Charlotte tell him she does not want to have sex with him?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He says he wants to make love.
(c) He calls her a tease.
(d) He refuses to stop.
4. What does Adam state he was going by writing Jojo's paper?
(a) Helping a friend.
(b) Doing what the athletic department told him to do.
(d) Avoiding being beat up.
5. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot tell her mother what happened?
(a) Her mother would make her quit school.
(b) She would not understand.
(c) They do not have a good relationship.
(d) Her mother has strong feelings about sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Adam and Charlotte discuss the plagiarism issue, what does Adam state he was doing for Jojo?
2. When Charlotte is picked up that the bus station for Christmas, why is she short with her answers to her family's questions?
3. What does Charlotte do when she thinks Hoyt is not paying her enough attention?
4. What type of job does Hoyt think he should have?
5. In Chapter 21, what is Hoyt concerned about regarding graduation and getting a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
2. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
3. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
4. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
5. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
6. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
7. During the car ride to Washington D.C., what is the one thing that makes Charlotte feel a little more comfortable?
8. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
9. What two types of toasts does Vance make at the formal dinner?
10. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)