|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hoyt and Charlotte are back in the hotel room, why does she say nothing as he undresses her?
(a) She would seem prudish.
(b) She is too drunk.
(c) She wants to have sex with Hoyt.
(d) Because she decides to leave the room instead.
2. What is Charlotte losing in her pursuit of popularity?
(a) Identity of intelligence.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her self-esteem.
3. When Beverly wakes up angry because the phone is ringing early in the morning, what does Charlotte realize?
(a) She is no longer intimidated by Beverly.
(b) She should have stayed at Adam's.
(c) Beverly is a drunk.
(d) She needs a new roommate.
4. As Holt walks through campus ranting over the meeting with Mr. Quat, why is he not worried about others thinking he is talking to himself?
(a) He always talks to himself and others are used to it.
(b) They will think he is on a cell phone.
(c) He is ranting in his head.
(d) He is too upset to care.
5. Why does Charlotte dread going back to her own dorm room?
(a) She will have to call her mother about her grades.
(b) She does not want to see Beverly.
(c) She will have to study.
(d) It is a long walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Adam worried about supporting a gay cause?
2. What grade does Charlotte receive in neuroscience?
3. As Charlotte holds Adam and thinks about the situation, how is Adam described?
4. How does Charlotte feel about spending time with intellectuals?
5. Charlotte's grades put her in what academic standing with the college?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)