|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jojo view Charlotte?
(a) As an enemy.
(b) As a catalyst.
(c) As a tutor.
(d) As a young girl.
2. What does Adam do for Charlotte while she is away at her final exam?
(a) Buys her roses.
(b) Moves her things into the apartment.
(c) Cleans the apartment.
(d) Makes her diner.
3. As Charlotte holds Adam and thinks about the situation, how is Adam described?
(a) An insipid Samson.
(b) Naive and confused.
(c) A brave soul.
(d) A traitor.
4. How does Charlotte feel about sitting at the head of the table?
5. Why doesn't Charlotte go home for Thanksgiving weekend?
(a) The family's car broke down.
(b) She has finals to study for.
(c) It is not financially feasible.
(d) She is too ashamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charlotte embarrassed when Adam drops her off to class?
2. How does Mr. Quat describe the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day protest?
3. What is Charlotte's response when the Trolls ask about her weekend?
4. What does Adam state he was going by writing Jojo's paper?
5. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot tell her mother what happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
2. What effect does Adam's story have on Hoyt?
3. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
4. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
5. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
6. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
7. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
8. With whom does Charlotte seek comfort after the Christmas break?
9. Rather than talking to Miss Pennington or Laurie, where does Charlotte go during Christmas break?
10. What occurs at the I.M. when Hoyt and Vance go there in Chapter 21?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)