|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot tell her mother what happened?
(a) Her mother would make her quit school.
(b) Her mother has strong feelings about sex.
(c) She would not understand.
(d) They do not have a good relationship.
2. How does Mr. Quat feel about Adam attending the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He thinks Adam showed courage.
(c) He thinks Adam is a homosexual.
(d) He is proud.
3. As Hoyt walks up to Mr. Rayon, what does he notice that seems odd to him?
(a) Newspapers on the ground.
(b) The dean of students staring at him.
(c) The doors chain locked.
(d) A groups of kids standing outside.
4. When Charlotte gets to the hotel room, what type of drink does she have?
(c) Orange juice and vodka.
(d) Rum and soda.
5. When Beverly wakes up angry because the phone is ringing early in the morning, what does Charlotte realize?
(a) She needs a new roommate.
(b) Beverly is a drunk.
(c) She is no longer intimidated by Beverly.
(d) She should have stayed at Adam's.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Charlotte leaves Adam's apartment, what is Adam busy doing?
2. At what hotel is the formal being held?
3. What is Charlotte's reaction after the two have sex?
4. What type of job does Hoyt think he should have?
5. How is the room for the formal decorated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once back at school, in Chapter 28, how does Charlotte deal with her situation?
2. What effect does Adam's story have on Hoyt?
3. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
4. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
5. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
6. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
7. Why doesn't Charlotte's mother believe her when she says the reason for her poor grades is a boyfriend?
8. What do Jojo and Charlotte discuss over lunch in Chapter 21?
9. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
10. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)