|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter from Pierce & Pierce say?
(a) They have reconsidered the starting salary.
(b) They will not be offering him the job.
(c) They will need to see his transcripts.
(d) They are excited for him to start.
2. After reading the story, what does Hoyt feel about how others think about him?
(a) They do not care.
(b) They feel sorry for him.
(c) They idolize him more.
(d) They hate him.
3. When Beverly wakes up angry because the phone is ringing early in the morning, what does Charlotte realize?
(a) Beverly is a drunk.
(b) She should have stayed at Adam's.
(c) She is no longer intimidated by Beverly.
(d) She needs a new roommate.
4. By the end of the book, Charlotte is well known. How does she feel about the attention?
(a) She never wanted so much attention.
(b) She basks in it.
(c) She still feels alone.
(d) She will get used to it.
5. What is Mr. Quat's decision regarding the plagiarism issue?
(a) He will make an example of the boys.
(b) He will file a complaint.
(c) He will dismiss the issues.
(d) He will allow Jojo to redo the assignment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlotte dread going back to her own dorm room?
2. As Charlotte leaves Adam's apartment, what is Adam busy doing?
3. With whom does Charlotte notices Julian flirting?
4. When Charlotte gets to the hotel room, what type of drink does she have?
5. How does Charlotte feel about spending time with intellectuals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
2. Rather than talking to Miss Pennington or Laurie, where does Charlotte go during Christmas break?
3. What is the tone of the meeting between the president of Dupont, Mr. Quat, and Coach Roth while disusing the issue of Jojo's paper?
4. What effect does Adam's story have on Hoyt?
5. What is the Lounge Committee and why are they meeting in Charlotte's room at the beginning of Chapter 22?
6. After the formal, what are Charlotte's feelings about going back to the room alone with Hoyt?
7. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
8. When Adam begins begging Mr. Quat not to take action on the plagiarism issue, what is his response?
9. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
10. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)