|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character at the diner at Charlotte's house knows someone from Dupont?
(a) Her father.
(c) Miss Pennington.
(d) Mrs. Thoms.
2. What is the new angle Adam wants to take with the governor's story?
(a) The governor is a homosexual.
(b) The governor was set up.
(c) A student was bribed.
(d) He wants to drop the story.
3. As Charlotte leaves Adam's apartment, what is Adam busy doing?
(a) Returning phone calls and email.
(b) Making dinner.
(c) Writing his article.
4. Why does President Cutler take Coach Roth's side regarding academic issues of athletes?
(a) Mr. Quat allows cheating.
(b) The team makes a lot of money for the college.
(c) President Cutler and Coach Roth are best friends.
(d) Coach Roth has the students' academics in mind.
5. At what hotel is the formal being held?
(a) Ritz Carlton.
(b) Hyatt Ambassador.
(c) Holiday Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charlotte room with at the hotel?
2. What does Coach Roth say about Adam's involvement with tutoring Jojo?
3. What does the letter from Pierce & Pierce say?
4. What does Adam state he was going by writing Jojo's paper?
5. When does Charlotte finally decide to go back to her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlotte have such a difficult time calling her mother after the first semester grades are posted?
2. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
3. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
4. While Charlotte is staying at Adams house, what does he do for her to keep he spirits up and continue going to class?
5. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
6. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
7. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
8. What does Charlotte realize when she returns to the dorm rooms after the formal?
9. What do Jojo and Charlotte discuss over lunch in Chapter 21?
10. Rather than talking to Miss Pennington or Laurie, where does Charlotte go during Christmas break?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)