|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlotte get her dress from?
(a) A boutique.
(b) Her friend Mimi.
(d) She made it herself.
2. By the end of the book, Charlotte is well known. How does she feel about the attention?
(a) She will get used to it.
(b) She still feels alone.
(c) She never wanted so much attention.
(d) She basks in it.
3. What do the students at the college call the donors who get to sit in the courtside seats?
4. In Chapter 21, who does Hoyt meet at I.M.?
(a) The dean's daughter.
(c) His father.
(d) A lady from Pierce & Pierce.
5. As Charlotte tries to leave the library because she cannot stop crying, who does she run into?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Charlotte is picked up that the bus station for Christmas, why is she short with her answers to her family's questions?
2. As Hoyt walks up to Mr. Rayon, what does he notice that seems odd to him?
3. Charlotte's grades put her in what academic standing with the college?
4. How is the room for the formal decorated?
5. When Hoyt and Charlotte are back in the hotel room, why does she say nothing as he undresses her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlotte sitting behind the Dupont bench at midcourt at the basketball tournament?
2. What turn of events occurs that leads Mr. Quat to drop the plagiarism case?
3. What do Jojo and Charlotte discuss over lunch in Chapter 21?
4. What is the reaction of Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole when Charlotte walks out of the bathroom in her dress?
5. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
6. During a meeting of the Millennial Mutants, why is it important for Adam to trump Greg?
7. How is the experience alone in the hotel room with Hoyt a turning point in Charlotte's life?
8. How do the frat boys from Saint Rays interrupt the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day demonstration?
9. When Charlotte's family picks her up for Christmas break, why do their questions make her nervous?
10. Why does Charlotte have such a difficult time calling her mother after the first semester grades are posted?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)