|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle does Hoyt drive?
2. How tall is Jojo Johanssen?
(a) 6 feet.
(b) 6 feet 7 inches.
(c) 6 feet 10 inches.
(d) 5 feet 10 inches.
3. What does Adam suggest when they get to Saint Ray house?
(a) She should not go in.
(b) He should go in alone.
(c) He should go in with Charlotte.
(d) They should go on a date.
4. How does the author describe Dupont College?
(a) New and modern.
(c) Famous, old, with a valued reputation.
(d) Small and unknown.
5. What is the meeting with Jojo and Coach Roth about?
(a) Jojo does not want to play basketball.
(b) Jojo wants to take an upper level philosophy course.
(c) Jojo needs a part time job.
(d) Jojo is failing his courses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the second meeting between Jojo and Coach Roth?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 18, why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
3. In Chapter 13, who invites Charlotte to a tailgate party?
4. In Chapter 12, what does the author indicate about the result of male humiliation?
5. What is one of Adam's jobs at Dupont?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hoyt come to receive a partial scholarship based on his "deserving poor" status?
2. Why does Jojo think he deserves a break regarding his studies?
3. What is the confrontation between Jojo and Adam about the paper?
4. Why is Charlotte hesitant to fall in love with Adam?
5. When Charlotte first meets her roommate, what difference is apparent?
6. What are some of Charlotte's concerns about going to the frat party with Bettina and Mimi?
7. How is Charlotte's social status different than she expected after the frat party?
8. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
9. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
10. What is Coach Roth's concern with Jojo taking advanced courses?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)