|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meeting with Jojo and Coach Roth about?
(a) Jojo is failing his courses.
(b) Jojo does not want to play basketball.
(c) Jojo wants to take an upper level philosophy course.
(d) Jojo needs a part time job.
2. At the frat party, who asks Charlotte to dance?
3. How does the author describe Dupont College?
(a) New and modern.
(c) Famous, old, with a valued reputation.
(d) Small and unknown.
4. What is Laurie's advice to Charlotte during the phone call?
(a) Quit school and return home.
(b) Deal with it.
(c) This is a time to experiment.
(d) Ignore others.
5. In Chapter 5, the reader learns that Hoyt's father is what type of man?
(a) Con man.
(b) Noble man.
(c) Angry man.
(d) Kind man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is Dupont College from Charlotte's home?
2. Why does Hoyt's other girlfriend refuse to speak to him?
3. After Adam leaves Saint Ray house, how does Charlotte feel about the way she treated him?
4. How does Charlotte feel when Hoyt passes her and dances with another girl?
5. What county does the main character of this story come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
2. Why is Charlotte excited when Hoyt says her name when they say goodbye?
3. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
4. Why is Charlotte's class with Mr. Sterling so exciting to her?
5. When Adam walks Charlotte to Saint Ray house, why is he so interested in going in with her?
6. How does Charlotte feel about the discussion with the Millennial Mutants?
7. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
8. What are some of Charlotte's concerns about going to the frat party with Bettina and Mimi?
9. In the game against Cincinnati, why is Jojo's game off?
10. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)