|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does the author indicate about the result of male humiliation?
(a) The result is to seek vengeance.
(b) The result is not important.
(c) The result is self-loathing.
(d) The result is to obtain humility.
2. What is Laurie's advice to Charlotte during the phone call?
(a) Ignore others.
(b) This is a time to experiment.
(c) Deal with it.
(d) Quit school and return home.
3. What happens when Jojo cannot define some words used in a paper for Mr. Quat's class?
(a) He drops out of the class.
(b) He is given a second chance to redo the paper.
(c) He runs out of the room.
(d) He receives an F and a violation.
4. What does Jojo feel his purpose in life is?
(a) To become famous.
(b) To get an education.
(c) To learn from others.
(d) To play basketball.
5. In Chapter 14, when Charlotte meets up with Adam and his friends, what are they discussing?
(a) The fairness of academics and athletics.
(b) The truth of the universe.
(c) The scandal with the governor.
(d) The laws of physics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Charlotte and her friends get into the I.M.?
2. In Chapter 16, how long does Jojo play before being benched?
3. What characteristic does Laurie have that leads Charlotte to call her in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Charlotte refuse to dance?
5. During the phone call to Laurie, why does Charlotte stop listening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beverly wake Charlotte up in the middle of the night?
2. How does Charlotte feel during lunch with Jojo in Chapter 7?
3. Why is Charlotte excited when Hoyt says her name when they say goodbye?
4. What is the confrontation between Jojo and Adam about the paper?
5. When Charlotte first meets her roommate, what difference is apparent?
6. Why is Charlotte hesitant to fall in love with Adam?
7. Why were many fans excited to watch the pick-up basketball game?
8. Why is Archer Miles disappointed about the tailgate party?
9. In the game against Cincinnati, why is Jojo's game off?
10. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)