|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Coach Roth's reaction to Jojo's request?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He is encouraging.
(c) He does not understand.
(d) He kicks Jojo off the team.
2. What is the purpose of the second meeting between Jojo and Coach Roth?
(a) Demand to play more of the game.
(b) To see if the coach is still mad at him.
(c) To discuss the paper in Mr. Quat's class.
(d) Ask for forgiveness.
3. What does Charlotte admit the point of going to the bar is?
(a) To get away.
(b) To dance.
(c) To find boyfriends.
(d) To drink.
4. Where does Charlotte go to feel less pathetic about being alone?
(a) Her dorm room.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The library.
(d) The park.
5. In Chapter 11, what does Coach Roth do to Jojo?
(a) Makes him run laps.
(b) Demotes him to second string.
(c) Kicks him out of practice.
(d) Promotes him to captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Dupont's alternative newspaper?
2. How does Charlotte thank Adam for walking with her to Saint Ray house?
3. How much does Charlotte pay for her new jeans?
4. In addition of Adam, what other boy is Charlotte seeing at this time?
5. What is the meeting with Jojo and Coach Roth about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beverly wake Charlotte up in the middle of the night?
2. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
3. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
4. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
5. Why is Charlotte excited when Hoyt says her name when they say goodbye?
6. How does Charlotte feel during lunch with Jojo in Chapter 7?
7. What does Charlotte find astonishing about her advanced French class?
8. How does Hoyt come to receive a partial scholarship based on his "deserving poor" status?
9. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
10. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)