|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of house is the Saint Ray house?
2. In Chapter 9, where is Jojo's appointment with Coach Roth?
(a) The Grove.
(b) The library.
(c) Saint Ray house.
3. In Chapter 10, why is Charlotte worried about going to the frat party?
(a) Because of the presence of alcohol.
(b) She has nothing to wear.
(c) She feels unpopular.
(d) She has never been to a party.
4. How much does Charlotte pay for her new jeans?
5. In Chapter 13, who invites Charlotte to a tailgate party?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Dupont College?
2. What county does the main character of this story come from?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 18, why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
4. What is Coach Roth's reaction to Jojo's request?
5. Why does Jojo feel he deserves a second chance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlotte feeling guilty during Mr. Sterling's class?
2. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
3. What does Charlotte find astonishing about her advanced French class?
4. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
5. How does Hoyt come to receive a partial scholarship based on his "deserving poor" status?
6. What is Charlotte's experience like back in the room with Hoyt?
7. How is Charlotte's social status different than she expected after the frat party?
8. During the meeting with Adam and Mr. Quat, how does Adam approach the issues of Jojo's paper?
9. Why is Adam steadfast about working out?
10. Why does Charlotte have such a difficult time calling her mother after the first semester grades are posted?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)