|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jojo cannot define some words used in a paper for Mr. Quat's class?
(a) He receives an F and a violation.
(b) He drops out of the class.
(c) He runs out of the room.
(d) He is given a second chance to redo the paper.
2. In Chapter 14, after the run-in with another group of students, what does Charlotte feel she should do?
(a) Ignore the others.
(b) Leave with the other group.
(c) Put her arm around Adam.
(d) Stand up for herself.
3. How does Charlotte feel when Hoyt uses her name when saying goodbye?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Coach Roth do to Jojo?
(a) Demotes him to second string.
(b) Makes him run laps.
(c) Kicks him out of practice.
(d) Promotes him to captain.
5. What is Adam's plan when he approaches Hoyt and Vance in Mr. Rayon?
(a) Gather information for a story.
(b) Become friends.
(c) Become their tutor.
(d) Get into a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, it is noted that historically leaders were warriors; however, the players on the basketball team are compared to what?
2. At the frat party, who asks Charlotte to dance?
3. Who does the coach put in the game to replace Jojo?
4. What is the meeting with Jojo and Coach Roth about?
5. In addition to being a promising star, what else does Adam believe about himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Quat's reaction to the paper handed in by Jojo?
2. What is Coach Roth's concern with Jojo taking advanced courses?
3. Why does Jojo feel his purpose in life has been deleted?
4. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
5. What is the promise Miss Pennington asks Charlotte to make her?
6. In the game against Cincinnati, why is Jojo's game off?
7. Why does Beverly wake Charlotte up in the middle of the night?
8. When Charlotte first meets her roommate, what difference is apparent?
9. Why is Charlotte excited when Hoyt says her name when they say goodbye?
10. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot talk to her parents about what is actually going on at Dupont?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)