|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the phone call to Laurie, why does Charlotte stop listening?
(a) Laurie admits to having sex.
(b) Charlotte becomes distracted by Jojo.
(c) Charlotte is too tired.
(d) Laurie admits to doing drugs.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 18, why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
(a) He has questions about her paper.
(b) He just wants to talk.
(c) He feels the class was too difficult for her.
(d) He wants to ask her to tutor some of his students.
3. Why does Charlotte want to go to the Saint Ray house?
(a) To confront the fraternity about its poor behavior.
(b) To thank Hoyt for protecting her at the tailgate party.
(c) To go to the post game party.
(d) To see Jojo.
4. In Chapter 14, after the run-in with another group of students, what does Charlotte feel she should do?
(a) Put her arm around Adam.
(b) Leave with the other group.
(c) Stand up for herself.
(d) Ignore the others.
5. What is Laurie's advice to Charlotte during the phone call?
(a) This is a time to experiment.
(b) Quit school and return home.
(c) Deal with it.
(d) Ignore others.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the tailgate party, why do some of the boys get into a fight?
2. Where does Charlotte go to feel less pathetic about being alone?
3. How far away is Dupont College from Charlotte's home?
4. In Chapter 13, who invites Charlotte to a tailgate party?
5. In addition to being a promising star, what else does Adam believe about himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Adam's story idea that he pitches for Dupont's alternative paper "The Wave"?
2. What is the significance of Charlotte using a fake ID to get into a bar?
3. How does Hoyt come to receive a partial scholarship based on his "deserving poor" status?
4. What does Charlotte find astonishing about her advanced French class?
5. Why is Charlotte excited when Hoyt says her name when they say goodbye?
6. When Adam walks Charlotte to Saint Ray house, why is he so interested in going in with her?
7. Why does Mr. Sterling ask to see Charlotte after class?
8. Why is Jojo demoted to second string during basketball practice?
9. What are some of Charlotte's concerns about going to the frat party with Bettina and Mimi?
10. What is the confrontation between Jojo and Adam about the paper?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)