|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Charlotte give her mother for her poor grades?
(a) She stopped studying.
(b) She began partying and drinking.
(c) She got a boyfriend after midterm.
(d) She tells the truth about the events of the semester.
2. By the end of the book, who is Charlotte's boyfriend?
3. What is Mr. Quat's decision regarding the plagiarism issue?
(a) He will dismiss the issues.
(b) He will make an example of the boys.
(c) He will file a complaint.
(d) He will allow Jojo to redo the assignment.
4. To Charlotte, what does the dancing look like?
(a) The waltz.
(b) An imitation of sex.
(d) A flow of bodies.
5. How does Hoyt respond when Charlotte tell him she does not want to have sex with him?
(a) He says he wants to make love.
(b) He refuses to stop.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He calls her a tease.
6. What does Jojo do when he gets into the hotel room?
(b) Calls Charlotte.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Takes a shower.
7. Why does Charlotte say she cannot go back to Adam's apartment after the meeting of the Millennial Mutants?
(a) She has to study.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) She has a class.
(d) She has to do her laundry.
8. By the end of the book, Charlotte is well known. How does she feel about the attention?
(a) She basks in it.
(b) She never wanted so much attention.
(c) She will get used to it.
(d) She still feels alone.
9. What does the letter from Pierce & Pierce say?
(a) They will not be offering him the job.
(b) They will need to see his transcripts.
(c) They are excited for him to start.
(d) They have reconsidered the starting salary.
10. During the Millennial Mutants meeting at Edgar's apartment, what word is the group dissecting?
11. What bank is at Dupont College on a recruiting trip?
(a) Pierce & Pierce.
(b) Lockhead & Pierce.
(c) Union Bank.
(d) First National.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 21, where do Charlotte and Jojo agree to meet after class?
(a) Little Yard.
(b) Saint Ray.
(c) Mr. Rayon.
(d) The Grove.
13. When Jojo asks a groupie named Marilyn why she dotes on the team members, what is her response?
(a) There is nothing else to do.
(b) He is a star.
(c) She is looking for a good guy to marry.
(d) She finds him attractive.
14. Who is Adam's source at Saint Ray house for his story?
15. How does Adam feel when Charlotte asks if she can stay with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte's family give her for Christmas?
2. When Charlotte is picked up that the bus station for Christmas, why is she short with her answers to her family's questions?
3. By Monday, everyone knows what happened over the weekend. As Charlotte leaves her dorm room, what does she realize?
4. What is the fundamental assumption of the Millennial Mutants regarding college professors?
5. What does Charlotte want the others at Mr. Rayon to see?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)