|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Adam sleep when he and Charlotte go to his apartment?
(a) On the futon.
(b) On the floor.
(c) At his neighbor's apartment.
(d) In bed with Charlotte.
2. Where is the fraternity formal being held?
(a) Dupont house.
(b) Saint Ray house.
(c) New York City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
3. Who comes into the room after Hoyt and Charlotte have sex?
(a) Vance and Nicole.
(b) Julian and Gloria.
(c) Nicole and Gloria.
(d) Vance and Gloria.
4. What does President Cutler think of Mr. Quat and Coach Roth?
(a) They are the worst extremists on campus.
(b) They are both good men.
(c) They are good friends.
(d) They have the students' interests in mind.
5. Who is Adam's source at Saint Ray house for his story?
6. What does Charlotte do when she thinks Hoyt is not paying her enough attention?
(a) Goes to the bathroom and makes sure he sees her leave.
(b) Flirts with Vance.
(c) Leaves the formal.
(d) Causes a scene at the table.
7. Who does Charlotte room with at the hotel?
(a) Hoyt, Vance, and Crissy.
(b) Hoyt, Julian, and Nicole.
(c) Nicole and Crissy.
(d) Only Hoyt.
8. What do the others do when they think Charlotte is passed out?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Make fun of her.
(c) Have a loud party in the room.
(d) Discuss the experience.
9. By the end of the book, Charlotte is well known. How does she feel about the attention?
(a) She never wanted so much attention.
(b) She basks in it.
(c) She will get used to it.
(d) She still feels alone.
10. What does the letter from Pierce & Pierce say?
(a) They have reconsidered the starting salary.
(b) They are excited for him to start.
(c) They will need to see his transcripts.
(d) They will not be offering him the job.
11. Why does Adam becomes involved in the conversation?
(a) He wants to show off.
(b) He likes to hear himself talk.
(c) He wants to trump Greg.
(d) He wants to contribute.
12. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot tell her mother what happened?
(a) They do not have a good relationship.
(b) Her mother has strong feelings about sex.
(c) Her mother would make her quit school.
(d) She would not understand.
13. When Jojo asks a groupie named Marilyn why she dotes on the team members, what is her response?
(a) He is a star.
(b) There is nothing else to do.
(c) She is looking for a good guy to marry.
(d) She finds him attractive.
14. What does Hoyt decide to do for the event he and his friends discuss?
(a) Wear khaki shorts.
(b) Pull a prank.
(c) Invite Charlotte.
(d) Invite his parents.
15. To Charlotte, what does the dancing look like?
(a) An imitation of sex.
(b) The waltz.
(c) A flow of bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the formal, what does Charlotte do that is uncharacteristic of her?
2. During the Millennial Mutants meeting at Edgar's apartment, what word is the group dissecting?
3. What do the students at the college call the donors who get to sit in the courtside seats?
4. When does Charlotte finally decide to go back to her room?
5. What does Charlotte's family give her for Christmas?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)