|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading the story, what does Hoyt feel about how others think about him?
(a) They do not care.
(b) They feel sorry for him.
(c) They hate him.
(d) They idolize him more.
2. As Hoyt walks up to Mr. Rayon, what does he notice that seems odd to him?
(a) The doors chain locked.
(b) Newspapers on the ground.
(c) A groups of kids standing outside.
(d) The dean of students staring at him.
3. As Holt walks through campus ranting over the meeting with Mr. Quat, why is he not worried about others thinking he is talking to himself?
(a) He always talks to himself and others are used to it.
(b) They will think he is on a cell phone.
(c) He is too upset to care.
(d) He is ranting in his head.
4. At an away game in Lexington, with whom does Jojo room?
5. In Chapter 30, Jojo and Charlotte go to lunch and are discussing his classes. What grade does Jojo receive in his philosophy class?
6. Why doesn't Charlotte go home for Thanksgiving weekend?
(a) It is not financially feasible.
(b) The family's car broke down.
(c) She is too ashamed.
(d) She has finals to study for.
7. When Charlotte is picked up that the bus station for Christmas, why is she short with her answers to her family's questions?
(a) She is tired from the trip.
(b) She is hung over from a party the night before.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She is annoyed at her family.
8. By Monday, everyone knows what happened over the weekend. As Charlotte leaves her dorm room, what does she realize?
(a) She is happy at the college.
(b) She is now popular.
(c) She has nowhere to go.
(d) She can have any boy.
9. Where does Adam sleep when he and Charlotte go to his apartment?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In bed with Charlotte.
(c) On the futon.
(d) At his neighbor's apartment.
10. After the meeting of the Millennial Mutants, what does Adam's misinterpretation of Charlotte's happiness lead to?
(a) Adam asks her out on another date.
(b) Adam asks Charlotte to be his girlfriend.
(c) Adam thinks Charlotte likes one of his friends.
(d) Adam attempts to kiss her.
11. What type of girls do Beverly and Erica say get invited to frat formals?
(d) Frat whores.
12. How is the room for the formal decorated?
(a) In a tropical theme.
(b) In Saint Ray colors.
(c) In a 60's theme.
(d) Like a dance club
13. When Beverly wakes up angry because the phone is ringing early in the morning, what does Charlotte realize?
(a) She should have stayed at Adam's.
(b) Beverly is a drunk.
(c) She is no longer intimidated by Beverly.
(d) She needs a new roommate.
14. What does President Cutler think of Mr. Quat and Coach Roth?
(a) They are both good men.
(b) They are good friends.
(c) They are the worst extremists on campus.
(d) They have the students' interests in mind.
15. Why is Charlotte embarrassed when Adam drops her off to class?
(a) He mouths "I love you honey."
(b) She is with a dork.
(c) She trips.
(d) He kisses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the book, Charlotte is well known. How does she feel about the attention?
2. What does the letter from Pierce & Pierce say?
3. What does Adam tell Charlotte to try to make her feel better?
4. What is Mr. Quat's decision regarding the plagiarism issue?
5. What reason does Charlotte give her mother for her poor grades?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)