|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 21, where do Charlotte and Jojo agree to meet after class?
(a) Mr. Rayon.
(b) Saint Ray.
(c) The Grove.
(d) Little Yard.
2. Where is the fraternity formal being held?
(a) Saint Ray house.
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Dupont house.
3. When does the final chapter begin?
(a) Charlotte's first summer home.
(b) One month after the story in "The Wave."
(c) The following school year.
(d) One year in the past.
4. After the meeting of the Millennial Mutants, what does Adam's misinterpretation of Charlotte's happiness lead to?
(a) Adam attempts to kiss her.
(b) Adam thinks Charlotte likes one of his friends.
(c) Adam asks Charlotte to be his girlfriend.
(d) Adam asks her out on another date.
5. How does Mr. Quat describe the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day protest?
(b) Soft core.
(c) Out of control.
(d) Hard core.
6. In Chapter 30, Jojo and Charlotte go to lunch and are discussing his classes. What grade does Jojo receive in his philosophy class?
7. What is Charlotte's reaction after the two have sex?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She feels she loves Hoyt.
(c) She is very upset.
(d) She falls asleep.
8. What type of job does Hoyt think he should have?
(b) Investment banking.
(d) Health care.
9. On the car ride to the formal, why does Charlotte feel out of place?
(a) She does not understand the others' jokes.
(b) She does not know anyone.
(c) She is underdressed.
(d) She is overdressed.
10. By the end of the book, Charlotte is well known. How does she feel about the attention?
(a) She never wanted so much attention.
(b) She still feels alone.
(c) She will get used to it.
(d) She basks in it.
11. When Hoyt and Charlotte are back in the hotel room, why does she say nothing as he undresses her?
(a) She would seem prudish.
(b) She wants to have sex with Hoyt.
(c) She is too drunk.
(d) Because she decides to leave the room instead.
12. Who comes into the room after Hoyt and Charlotte have sex?
(a) Nicole and Gloria.
(b) Julian and Gloria.
(c) Vance and Nicole.
(d) Vance and Gloria.
13. What is Hoyt's starting salary for the job Rachel offers him?
14. What about Adam leads Charlotte to go to her exam?
(a) He begs.
(b) He is going to kick her out.
(c) He feels sorry for her.
(d) He takes control.
15. What does Jojo do when he gets into the hotel room?
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Calls Charlotte.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlotte feel about sitting at the head of the table?
2. What is Mr. Quat's decision regarding the plagiarism issue?
3. At the beginning of the formal, what does Charlotte do that is uncharacteristic of her?
4. At what hotel is the formal being held?
5. What do the others do when they think Charlotte is passed out?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)