|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jojo view Charlotte?
(a) As an enemy.
(b) As a young girl.
(c) As a tutor.
(d) As a catalyst.
2. At an away game in Lexington, with whom does Jojo room?
3. What reason does Charlotte give her mother for her poor grades?
(a) She stopped studying.
(b) She got a boyfriend after midterm.
(c) She began partying and drinking.
(d) She tells the truth about the events of the semester.
4. What does Adam do for Charlotte while she is away at her final exam?
(a) Makes her diner.
(b) Cleans the apartment.
(c) Buys her roses.
(d) Moves her things into the apartment.
5. How does Charlotte feel about sitting at the head of the table?
6. What actions in the room surprise Charlotte as they are getting ready for the formal?
(a) The boys get undressed in front of her.
(b) The others are drinking.
(c) The girls get undressed in front of her.
(d) One couple begins making out.
7. What is the new angle Adam wants to take with the governor's story?
(a) A student was bribed.
(b) The governor is a homosexual.
(c) He wants to drop the story.
(d) The governor was set up.
8. As Charlotte holds Adam and thinks about the situation, how is Adam described?
(a) Naive and confused.
(b) An insipid Samson.
(c) A brave soul.
(d) A traitor.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 31, how is Mr. Quat described?
(a) Thin and tall.
(b) Mousy looking.
(c) A ball of fat.
(d) Honest and fair.
10. When Charlotte is picked up that the bus station for Christmas, why is she short with her answers to her family's questions?
(a) She is tired from the trip.
(b) She is annoyed at her family.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She is hung over from a party the night before.
11. Who comes into the room after Hoyt and Charlotte have sex?
(a) Vance and Nicole.
(b) Vance and Gloria.
(c) Julian and Gloria.
(d) Nicole and Gloria.
12. As Holt walks through campus ranting over the meeting with Mr. Quat, why is he not worried about others thinking he is talking to himself?
(a) He is too upset to care.
(b) He is ranting in his head.
(c) They will think he is on a cell phone.
(d) He always talks to himself and others are used to it.
13. What does the letter from Pierce & Pierce say?
(a) They have reconsidered the starting salary.
(b) They will need to see his transcripts.
(c) They will not be offering him the job.
(d) They are excited for him to start.
14. In Chapter 22, where do Hoyt and Rachel meet to discuss reports from the governor and potential job opportunity?
(a) Little Yard.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Saint Ray House.
(d) Inn at Chester.
15. What does Charlotte do when she thinks Hoyt is not paying her enough attention?
(a) Goes to the bathroom and makes sure he sees her leave.
(b) Flirts with Vance.
(c) Causes a scene at the table.
(d) Leaves the formal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what is Hoyt concerned about regarding graduation and getting a job?
2. Which character at the diner at Charlotte's house knows someone from Dupont?
3. How does Mr. Quat describe the Stand Up Straight for Gay Day protest?
4. What is Charlotte losing in her pursuit of popularity?
5. When Beverly wakes up angry because the phone is ringing early in the morning, what does Charlotte realize?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)