|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the final chapter begin?
(a) One month after the story in "The Wave."
(b) The following school year.
(c) Charlotte's first summer home.
(d) One year in the past.
2. When Charlotte gets to the hotel room, what type of drink does she have?
(a) Rum and soda.
(c) Orange juice and vodka.
3. What bank is at Dupont College on a recruiting trip?
(a) First National.
(b) Lockhead & Pierce.
(c) Union Bank.
(d) Pierce & Pierce.
4. What does Adam tell Charlotte to try to make her feel better?
(a) She is unique.
(b) She is smart.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She is funny.
5. Why doesn't Charlotte go home for Thanksgiving weekend?
(a) She is too ashamed.
(b) She has finals to study for.
(c) The family's car broke down.
(d) It is not financially feasible.
6. As Charlotte tries to leave the library because she cannot stop crying, who does she run into?
7. What does President Cutler think of Mr. Quat and Coach Roth?
(a) They are good friends.
(b) They are both good men.
(c) They have the students' interests in mind.
(d) They are the worst extremists on campus.
8. What does Hoyt decide to do for the event he and his friends discuss?
(a) Invite his parents.
(b) Pull a prank.
(c) Wear khaki shorts.
(d) Invite Charlotte.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 31, how is Mr. Quat described?
(a) Mousy looking.
(b) A ball of fat.
(c) Thin and tall.
(d) Honest and fair.
10. Who invites Charlotte over to talk while she is home on break?
(a) Mrs. Thoms.
(d) Miss Pennington.
11. How does Adam feel when Charlotte asks if she can stay with him?
12. What is Charlotte losing in her pursuit of popularity?
(a) Identity of intelligence.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her self-esteem.
(d) Her friends.
13. What do the others do when they think Charlotte is passed out?
(a) Have a loud party in the room.
(b) Go to sleep.
(c) Make fun of her.
(d) Discuss the experience.
14. How is the room for the formal decorated?
(a) Like a dance club
(b) In a tropical theme.
(c) In a 60's theme.
(d) In Saint Ray colors.
15. In Chapter 21, who does Hoyt meet at I.M.?
(a) A lady from Pierce & Pierce.
(b) The dean's daughter.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new angle Adam wants to take with the governor's story?
2. Why does Adam becomes involved in the conversation?
3. What reason does Charlotte give her mother for her poor grades?
4. In Chapter 21, what is Hoyt concerned about regarding graduation and getting a job?
5. In Chapter 22, where do Hoyt and Rachel meet to discuss reports from the governor and potential job opportunity?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)