|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Adam worried about supporting a gay cause?
(a) He is nervous of large crowds.
(b) Others will questions his sexuality.
(c) He needs to study.
(d) His religion disapproves of homosexuality.
2. Why does Charlotte say she cannot go back to Adam's apartment after the meeting of the Millennial Mutants?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She has to do her laundry.
(c) She has a class.
(d) She has to study.
3. At what hotel is the formal being held?
(a) Ritz Carlton.
(b) Holiday Inn.
(c) Hyatt Ambassador.
4. What does Adam tell Charlotte to try to make her feel better?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She is funny.
(c) She is unique.
(d) She is smart.
5. What does Coach Roth say about Adam's involvement with tutoring Jojo?
(a) There should be no punishment since no one can prove they cheated.
(b) Adam helped Jojo cheat.
(c) Jojo wrote the paper with some help from Adam.
(d) Jojo and Adam should be punished.
6. When Charlotte is picked up that the bus station for Christmas, why is she short with her answers to her family's questions?
(a) She is annoyed at her family.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is hung over from a party the night before.
(d) She is tired from the trip.
7. When does the final chapter begin?
(a) Charlotte's first summer home.
(b) One month after the story in "The Wave."
(c) One year in the past.
(d) The following school year.
8. In the beginning of Chapter 31, how is Mr. Quat described?
(a) Thin and tall.
(b) Honest and fair.
(c) A ball of fat.
(d) Mousy looking.
9. After reading the story, what does Hoyt feel about how others think about him?
(a) They feel sorry for him.
(b) They idolize him more.
(c) They hate him.
(d) They do not care.
10. What does Mr. Quat think PC should stand for?
(a) Personal computer.
(b) Prison-bound citizens.
(c) Progressive causes.
(d) Politically correct.
11. On the car ride to the formal, why does Charlotte feel out of place?
(a) She does not understand the others' jokes.
(b) She does not know anyone.
(c) She is overdressed.
(d) She is underdressed.
12. When Charlotte gets to the hotel room, what type of drink does she have?
(a) Rum and soda.
(c) Orange juice and vodka.
13. As Charlotte holds Adam and thinks about the situation, how is Adam described?
(a) A brave soul.
(b) An insipid Samson.
(c) Naive and confused.
(d) A traitor.
14. At the beginning of the formal, what does Charlotte do that is uncharacteristic of her?
(b) Gets drunk quickly.
(c) Flirts with other boys.
(d) Yells at the other girls.
15. What is Mr. Quat's decision regarding the plagiarism issue?
(a) He will allow Jojo to redo the assignment.
(b) He will make an example of the boys.
(c) He will dismiss the issues.
(d) He will file a complaint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Charlotte over to talk while she is home on break?
2. As Adam and Charlotte discuss the plagiarism issue, what does Adam state he was doing for Jojo?
3. When Jojo asks a groupie named Marilyn why she dotes on the team members, what is her response?
4. When Hoyt and Charlotte are back in the hotel room, why does she say nothing as he undresses her?
5. Why is Charlotte embarrassed when Adam drops her off to class?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)