|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Charlotte go home for Thanksgiving weekend?
(a) She has finals to study for.
(b) It is not financially feasible.
(c) The family's car broke down.
(d) She is too ashamed.
2. Where does Charlotte get her dress from?
(a) She made it herself.
(c) A boutique.
(d) Her friend Mimi.
3. At the beginning of dinner, who makes a speech?
4. Where is Charlotte sitting at the basketball tournament?
(b) The nosebleed section.
(c) At Dupont's basket.
(d) In from of her TV.
5. After the meeting of the Millennial Mutants, what does Adam's misinterpretation of Charlotte's happiness lead to?
(a) Adam asks Charlotte to be his girlfriend.
(b) Adam asks her out on another date.
(c) Adam thinks Charlotte likes one of his friends.
(d) Adam attempts to kiss her.
6. What does Mr. Quat think PC should stand for?
(a) Personal computer.
(b) Prison-bound citizens.
(c) Politically correct.
(d) Progressive causes.
7. Why does Charlotte feel she cannot tell her mother what happened?
(a) Her mother has strong feelings about sex.
(b) She would not understand.
(c) Her mother would make her quit school.
(d) They do not have a good relationship.
8. By the end of the book, who is Charlotte's boyfriend?
9. What do the others do when they think Charlotte is passed out?
(a) Have a loud party in the room.
(b) Make fun of her.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Discuss the experience.
10. Why does Charlotte dread going back to her own dorm room?
(a) She will have to study.
(b) She does not want to see Beverly.
(c) She will have to call her mother about her grades.
(d) It is a long walk.
11. As Holt walks through campus ranting over the meeting with Mr. Quat, why is he not worried about others thinking he is talking to himself?
(a) They will think he is on a cell phone.
(b) He is too upset to care.
(c) He always talks to himself and others are used to it.
(d) He is ranting in his head.
12. What does Coach Roth say about Adam's involvement with tutoring Jojo?
(a) There should be no punishment since no one can prove they cheated.
(b) Jojo and Adam should be punished.
(c) Adam helped Jojo cheat.
(d) Jojo wrote the paper with some help from Adam.
13. How does Jojo view Charlotte?
(a) As a catalyst.
(b) As a tutor.
(c) As a young girl.
(d) As an enemy.
14. What is Charlotte's reaction after the two have sex?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She feels she loves Hoyt.
(c) She falls asleep.
(d) She is very upset.
15. By Monday, everyone knows what happened over the weekend. As Charlotte leaves her dorm room, what does she realize?
(a) She can have any boy.
(b) She has nowhere to go.
(c) She is now popular.
(d) She is happy at the college.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the car ride to the formal, why does Charlotte feel out of place?
2. By the end of the book, Charlotte is well known. How does she feel about the attention?
3. In Chapter 30, Jojo and Charlotte go to lunch and are discussing his classes. What grade does Jojo receive in his philosophy class?
4. Where is the fraternity formal being held?
5. How does Adam feel when Charlotte asks if she can stay with him?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)