|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, as the basketball game starts, what does the coach do with Jojo?
(a) Puts him back in the starting position.
(b) Gives him a pep talk about being second string.
(c) Pulls him from the game.
(d) Apologizes for being so hard.
2. What is the name of the intellectual group Adam invites Charlotte to?
(a) Philosophical Four.
(b) Curious Creatures.
(c) Millennial Minds.
(d) Millennial Mutants.
3. What is Laurie's advice to Charlotte during the phone call?
(a) This is a time to experiment.
(b) Deal with it.
(c) Ignore others.
(d) Quit school and return home.
4. What type of house is the Saint Ray house?
5. During the phone call to Laurie, why does Charlotte stop listening?
(a) Laurie admits to doing drugs.
(b) Charlotte becomes distracted by Jojo.
(c) Charlotte is too tired.
(d) Laurie admits to having sex.
6. How tall is Jojo Johanssen?
(a) 6 feet 7 inches.
(b) 6 feet 10 inches.
(c) 5 feet 10 inches.
(d) 6 feet.
7. In Chapter 10, why is Charlotte worried about going to the frat party?
(a) She has nothing to wear.
(b) Because of the presence of alcohol.
(c) She feels unpopular.
(d) She has never been to a party.
8. Where does Charlotte go to feel less pathetic about being alone?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The library.
(c) The park.
(d) Her dorm room.
9. What honor does Charlotte receive upon graduating high school?
(b) Honor Roll.
10. What happens when Jojo cannot define some words used in a paper for Mr. Quat's class?
(a) He is given a second chance to redo the paper.
(b) He runs out of the room.
(c) He receives an F and a violation.
(d) He drops out of the class.
11. How does Charlotte feel about Beverly after seeing her walking back to the dorm the next morning?
(a) She feels sympathy.
(b) She feels happy.
(c) She feels nothing.
(d) She feels envy.
12. What is one of Adam's jobs at Dupont?
(a) Kitchen staff.
(b) Library aid.
(c) Sales clerk.
13. What alumnus of Dupont brings his family to the football game?
(a) Congers Miller.
(b) Mr. Sterling.
(c) Mr. Quat.
(d) Archer Miles.
14. What does Charlotte admit the point of going to the bar is?
(a) To find boyfriends.
(b) To dance.
(c) To get away.
(d) To drink.
15. Why do the other players tease Charles in the locker room?
(a) He has a girlfriend.
(b) He gets good grades.
(c) He is the newest member of the team.
(d) He is the smallest on the team.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the tailgate party, why do some of the boys get into a fight?
2. In Chapter 12, what does the author indicate about the result of male humiliation?
3. What is Adam's idea for a news story?
4. What does Charlotte realize about the events during the frat party?
5. What band do the characters in the beginning of the Prologue go to see?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)