|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Charlotte's professor Mr. Sterling?
(a) He is the dean of students.
(b) He is a Nobel Prize winner.
(c) He did not graduate high school.
(d) He is her uncle.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Charlotte wake up to?
(a) A bloody nose.
(b) Beverly crawling on the floor.
(c) The girls in the hall fighting.
(d) Her roommate and a boy in the room.
3. Where does Charlotte go to feel less pathetic about being alone?
(a) Her dorm room.
(b) The park.
(c) The library.
(d) The cafeteria.
4. What alumnus of Dupont brings his family to the football game?
(a) Archer Miles.
(b) Mr. Sterling.
(c) Congers Miller.
(d) Mr. Quat.
5. What is the result of the fight at the tailgate party?
(a) Harrison wins.
(b) Hoyt wins.
(c) Campus police break it up.
(d) Charlotte leaves the party.
6. What is the purpose of the second meeting between Jojo and Coach Roth?
(a) To discuss the paper in Mr. Quat's class.
(b) To see if the coach is still mad at him.
(c) Ask for forgiveness.
(d) Demand to play more of the game.
7. How does Charlotte feel about the encounter between the Mutants and the lacrosse players?
(a) Out of place.
(b) Happy she is not like the other.
(d) Torn between the two groups.
8. In Chapter 13, why does Jojo confront Adam about the paper?
(a) The paper is incomplete.
(b) The paper is perfect.
(c) Adam uses too many big words.
(d) The paper is not proofread.
9. What county does the main character of this story come from?
10. What is Adam's idea for a news story?
(a) About the governor.
(b) About the fraternities.
(c) About drugs on campus.
(d) About the new library.
11. How far away is Dupont College from Charlotte's home?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
12. What is the result of Adam not knowing how to work the treadmill?
(a) He asks for help.
(b) He falls off.
(c) He runs too fast.
(d) He never works out.
13. What does Charlotte admit the point of going to the bar is?
(a) To drink.
(b) To find boyfriends.
(c) To dance.
(d) To get away.
14. What is the purpose of taunting other players during a basketball game?
(b) Players are mean.
(c) To make them mad.
(d) To distract them.
15. How does Jojo feel when he sees the coach talking privately with Congers?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, after the run-in with another group of students, what does Charlotte feel she should do?
2. What is the name of the intellectual group Adam invites Charlotte to?
3. What type of vehicle does Hoyt drive?
4. Why does Charlotte refuse to dance?
5. What is one thing that makes up Charlotte's personality?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)