|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Adam's plan when he approaches Hoyt and Vance in Mr. Rayon?
(a) Get into a fight.
(b) Become their tutor.
(c) Become friends.
(d) Gather information for a story.
2. What is the purpose of taunting other players during a basketball game?
(a) Players are mean.
(b) To distract them.
(c) To make them mad.
3. How much does Charlotte pay for her new jeans?
4. Where does Hoyt want to take Charlotte?
(a) To the formal.
(b) To his parents.
(c) To his room.
(d) To a basketball game.
5. What does the I.M. look like on the inside?
(a) It is dirty.
(b) It is fancy.
(c) It is modern and sophisticated.
(d) It is bright and loud.
6. How does Charlotte feel when Hoyt uses her name when saying goodbye?
7. At the end of their meeting, what does Mr. Sterling suggest Charlotte do?
(a) Drop his class.
(b) Call his failing students to tutor.
(c) See a tutor.
(d) Spend time in the lab.
8. In Chapter 12, what does the author indicate about the result of male humiliation?
(a) The result is not important.
(b) The result is self-loathing.
(c) The result is to seek vengeance.
(d) The result is to obtain humility.
9. In addition to being a promising star, what else does Adam believe about himself?
(a) He was born to the wrong parents.
(b) He is very handsome.
(c) He does not deserve his talents.
(d) He is the most popular on campus.
10. How does Charlotte feel about Beverly after seeing her walking back to the dorm the next morning?
(a) She feels happy.
(b) She feels nothing.
(c) She feels envy.
(d) She feels sympathy.
11. What does Charlotte begin to understand during lunch in Chapter 8?
(a) Women have power over men.
(b) She can be popular.
(c) She is better than everyone.
(d) She does not like this school.
12. In Chapter 13, who invites Charlotte to a tailgate party?
13. What honor does Charlotte receive upon graduating high school?
(a) Honor Roll.
14. Who raids Charlotte's graduation party?
(a) Channing Reeves.
(c) Buster Roth.
(d) Mr. Thoms.
15. At breakfast the day after the frat party, what feeling is evident in Charlotte friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlotte refuse to dance?
2. During the phone call to Laurie, why does Charlotte stop listening?
3. What does Charlotte realize about the events during the frat party?
4. How does Jojo feel when he sees the coach talking privately with Congers?
5. What does Jojo feel his purpose in life is?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)