|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, as the basketball game starts, what does the coach do with Jojo?
(a) Puts him back in the starting position.
(b) Gives him a pep talk about being second string.
(c) Pulls him from the game.
(d) Apologizes for being so hard.
2. What is currently in the location of the old library of Saint Ray house?
(a) Large screen TV.
3. On Charlotte's first night at Edgerton House, what does she awake to in the middle of the night?
(a) A fire.
(b) A party.
(d) A fight.
4. At the frat party, who asks Charlotte to dance?
5. What is the name of Dupont's alternative newspaper?
(a) The Wave.
(b) The College Ledger.
(c) The Dupont Times.
(d) The Flame.
6. Who beats up the bodyguard in the Grove?
(a) Jojo and Vance.
(b) Julian and Vance.
(c) Julian and Hoyt.
(d) Hoyt and Vance.
7. What is Adam's idea for a news story?
(a) About the new library.
(b) About the fraternities.
(c) About the governor.
(d) About drugs on campus.
8. What is significant about Charlotte's professor Mr. Sterling?
(a) He did not graduate high school.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is the dean of students.
(d) He is a Nobel Prize winner.
9. What is the true reason Charlotte does not want Adam to come into Saint Ray house?
(a) Adam might think he is her boyfriend.
(b) She really does not like Adam.
(c) She was only running in for a minute.
(d) She does not want to be seen with a dork.
10. In Chapter 14, after the run-in with another group of students, what does Charlotte feel she should do?
(a) Put her arm around Adam.
(b) Leave with the other group.
(c) Ignore the others.
(d) Stand up for herself.
11. What is Adam's plan when he approaches Hoyt and Vance in Mr. Rayon?
(a) Become friends.
(b) Get into a fight.
(c) Gather information for a story.
(d) Become their tutor.
12. How does Charlotte feel when Hoyt uses her name when saying goodbye?
13. In Chapter 14, it is noted that historically leaders were warriors; however, the players on the basketball team are compared to what?
14. What is Coach Roth's reaction to Jojo's request?
(a) He does not understand.
(b) He kicks Jojo off the team.
(c) He is encouraging.
(d) He becomes angry.
15. What does Jojo feel his purpose in life is?
(a) To play basketball.
(b) To become famous.
(c) To get an education.
(d) To learn from others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlotte realize about the events during the frat party?
2. What does Charlotte lie to Adam about?
3. In Chapter 13, where does the drunken Beverly insist Charlotte take her?
4. In addition of Adam, what other boy is Charlotte seeing at this time?
5. What happens when Jojo cannot define some words used in a paper for Mr. Quat's class?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)