|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the phone call to Laurie, why does Charlotte stop listening?
(a) Laurie admits to having sex.
(b) Charlotte becomes distracted by Jojo.
(c) Laurie admits to doing drugs.
(d) Charlotte is too tired.
2. What does Charlotte lie to Adam about?
(a) Going to Saint Ray house.
(b) Her relationships.
(c) Her time at the tailgate party.
(d) Her jeans being new.
3. Who is Charlotte's roommate?
4. What does Jojo feel his purpose in life is?
(a) To play basketball.
(b) To get an education.
(c) To learn from others.
(d) To become famous.
5. Why does Charlotte refuse to dance?
(a) She would rather just drink.
(b) She does not know how.
(c) She thinks Hoyt is ugly.
(d) She thinks it is too sexual.
6. On Charlotte's first night at Edgerton House, what does she awake to in the middle of the night?
(a) A fight.
(b) A party.
(d) A fire.
7. In Chapter 6, why is Charlotte shocked when Beverly is on the cell phone?
(a) Because of her bad language.
(b) Because she has a cell phone.
(c) Because it is 2 a.m. in the morning.
(d) Because she did not say hi.
8. What does Mr. Sterling encourage Charlotte to do?
(a) Stay in school.
(b) Continue making friends.
(c) Continue studying.
(d) Use primary sources.
9. What is the purpose of taunting other players during a basketball game?
(a) Players are mean.
(b) To distract them.
(c) To make them mad.
10. Where does Hoyt want to take Charlotte?
(a) To his parents.
(b) To the formal.
(c) To a basketball game.
(d) To his room.
11. In Chapter 11, what does Coach Roth do to Jojo?
(a) Promotes him to captain.
(b) Kicks him out of practice.
(c) Makes him run laps.
(d) Demotes him to second string.
12. How does the author describe Dupont College?
(a) Famous, old, with a valued reputation.
(c) New and modern.
(d) Small and unknown.
13. How far away is Dupont College from Charlotte's home?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 10 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
14. In Chapter 13, who invites Charlotte to a tailgate party?
15. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Charlotte wake up to?
(a) Beverly crawling on the floor.
(b) A bloody nose.
(c) The girls in the hall fighting.
(d) Her roommate and a boy in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alumnus of Dupont brings his family to the football game?
2. In Chapter 13, why does Jojo confront Adam about the paper?
3. What happens when Jojo cannot define some words used in a paper for Mr. Quat's class?
4. At the tailgate party, why do some of the boys get into a fight?
5. In addition to being a promising star, what else does Adam believe about himself?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)