|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, why does Jojo confront Adam about the paper?
(a) The paper is incomplete.
(b) The paper is not proofread.
(c) The paper is perfect.
(d) Adam uses too many big words.
2. What is the result of Adam not knowing how to work the treadmill?
(a) He never works out.
(b) He runs too fast.
(c) He falls off.
(d) He asks for help.
3. What is Adam's idea for a news story?
(a) About drugs on campus.
(b) About the new library.
(c) About the governor.
(d) About the fraternities.
4. What does Adam suggest when they get to Saint Ray house?
(a) She should not go in.
(b) They should go on a date.
(c) He should go in alone.
(d) He should go in with Charlotte.
5. What alumnus of Dupont brings his family to the football game?
(a) Mr. Sterling.
(b) Archer Miles.
(c) Mr. Quat.
(d) Congers Miller.
6. What honor does Charlotte receive upon graduating high school?
(d) Honor Roll.
7. Where does Charlotte go to feel less pathetic about being alone?
(a) The library.
(b) The park.
(c) The cafeteria.
(d) Her dorm room.
8. Why does Charlotte refuse to dance?
(a) She would rather just drink.
(b) She thinks it is too sexual.
(c) She thinks Hoyt is ugly.
(d) She does not know how.
9. What is the purpose of the second meeting between Jojo and Coach Roth?
(a) To discuss the paper in Mr. Quat's class.
(b) Ask for forgiveness.
(c) Demand to play more of the game.
(d) To see if the coach is still mad at him.
10. What is the purpose of taunting other players during a basketball game?
(b) To distract them.
(c) To make them mad.
(d) Players are mean.
11. In Chapter 14, after the run-in with another group of students, what does Charlotte feel she should do?
(a) Leave with the other group.
(b) Put her arm around Adam.
(c) Ignore the others.
(d) Stand up for herself.
12. During the phone call to Laurie, why does Charlotte stop listening?
(a) Charlotte becomes distracted by Jojo.
(b) Laurie admits to having sex.
(c) Charlotte is too tired.
(d) Laurie admits to doing drugs.
13. In addition of Adam, what other boy is Charlotte seeing at this time?
14. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what does Charlotte wake up to?
(a) Beverly crawling on the floor.
(b) A bloody nose.
(c) Her roommate and a boy in the room.
(d) The girls in the hall fighting.
15. What is the meeting with Jojo and Coach Roth about?
(a) Jojo wants to take an upper level philosophy course.
(b) Jojo does not want to play basketball.
(c) Jojo is failing his courses.
(d) Jojo needs a part time job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does the author indicate about the result of male humiliation?
2. Who beats up the bodyguard in the Grove?
3. How does Charlotte feel when Hoyt uses her name when saying goodbye?
4. What is Coach Roth's reaction to Jojo's request?
5. What does Charlotte admit the point of going to the bar is?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)