|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who beats up the bodyguard in the Grove?
(a) Hoyt and Vance.
(b) Julian and Hoyt.
(c) Julian and Vance.
(d) Jojo and Vance.
2. What does Charlotte lie to Adam about?
(a) Going to Saint Ray house.
(b) Her time at the tailgate party.
(c) Her jeans being new.
(d) Her relationships.
3. What does Adam suggest when they get to Saint Ray house?
(a) He should go in alone.
(b) He should go in with Charlotte.
(c) She should not go in.
(d) They should go on a date.
4. What is the name of Dupont's alternative newspaper?
(a) The Wave.
(b) The College Ledger.
(c) The Flame.
(d) The Dupont Times.
5. What does Mr. Sterling encourage Charlotte to do?
(a) Use primary sources.
(b) Continue making friends.
(c) Continue studying.
(d) Stay in school.
6. Who raids Charlotte's graduation party?
(a) Buster Roth.
(c) Channing Reeves.
(d) Mr. Thoms.
7. What does the I.M. look like on the inside?
(a) It is modern and sophisticated.
(b) It is bright and loud.
(c) It is dirty.
(d) It is fancy.
8. How does Charlotte feel about Beverly after seeing her walking back to the dorm the next morning?
(a) She feels nothing.
(b) She feels happy.
(c) She feels envy.
(d) She feels sympathy.
9. In addition to being a promising star, what else does Adam believe about himself?
(a) He does not deserve his talents.
(b) He was born to the wrong parents.
(c) He is the most popular on campus.
(d) He is very handsome.
10. How does Charlotte feel about the encounter between the Mutants and the lacrosse players?
(a) Torn between the two groups.
(b) Out of place.
(c) Happy she is not like the other.
11. Why do the members of the basketball team do everything together?
(a) They need to stay focused.
(b) They are all best friends.
(c) It is tradition.
(d) They are not allowed to have other friends.
12. How is the area around the college described?
(c) Middle class.
13. What time does the dining hall stop serving breakfast?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 10:30 a.m.
(c) 8:30 a.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
14. In Chapter 15, as the basketball game starts, what does the coach do with Jojo?
(a) Apologizes for being so hard.
(b) Gives him a pep talk about being second string.
(c) Puts him back in the starting position.
(d) Pulls him from the game.
15. Where does Hoyt want to take Charlotte?
(a) To the formal.
(b) To his parents.
(c) To a basketball game.
(d) To his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What county does the main character of this story come from?
2. Why do the other players tease Charles in the locker room?
3. What is the result of the fight at the tailgate party?
4. What type of house is the Saint Ray house?
5. What is the name of the intellectual group Adam invites Charlotte to?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)