|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue: 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the opening of the story set?
(b) Death Valley.
(d) The Loire Valley.
2. What does Patch know about Nora?
(b) Only that Nora is younger than the other students.
(c) Only that Nora and Vee are friends.
(d) A startling amount.
3. What does the boy who approaches Chauncey claim?
(a) The boy is Chauncey's son.
(b) The boy has something that belongs to Chauncey.
(c) The boy is of the Devil's brood.
(d) The boy is Chauncey's nephew.
4. What is the year when the story opens?
5. What can be assumed about people who sit together?
(a) They have done so for a reason.
(b) They are assigned the seats.
(c) There is no particular thing to assume.
(d) They do not hate each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chauncey react to the boy?
2. What does Nora write on the first line of her essay about Patch?
3. Where is Patch when Nora calls him?
4. What is one aspect of Patch that Nora does not describe to Dorothea?
5. What does Nora know about Patch?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)