|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the boy that appeared to be missing?
2. What happens to Remedios the Beauty when she is out doing the laundry?
3. Who does Aureliano meet outside of the home?
4. Where is Meme take by Fernanda del Carpio?
5. Who gives the person in #154 a long monologue of grief?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the story progresses, Macondo begins to have more new technology than it did in the beginning. How does this new technology affect everyday life in the town? Does technology affect the town at all? List specific examples of either side as well as examples of the different pieces of technology that were introduced.
Essay Topic 2
Government seems to play a significant role in this novel. How does the government positively affect Macondo? How does the government negatively affect Macondo? Give at least two specific examples of each.
Essay Topic 3
How does the banana factory affect the town? Give specific examples as to how the factory affects the town structure, the families, the women, the men, and the progress of Macondo.
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)