|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jose Arcadio Segundo?
(a) He is banished.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is shot and loaded onto a train with dead bodies.
2. What does Gaston do when he realizes that Amaranta Ursula will never tire of Macondo?
(a) He leaves her.
(b) He burns down their house.
(c) He finds a lover.
(d) He kills her.
3. Who is locked in the laboratory?
(b) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio Buendia
4. What do Meme's skills allows her to do?
(a) Meet and talk with American girls
(b) Have more money
(c) Become famous
(d) Court men
5. Who does Amaranta Ursula return to the house with?
(a) Gaston, her Belgian husband
(c) Jose Arcadio
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the traveler in #128 return to build?
2. Who does not like Fernanda del Carpio?
3. Who dies on Good Friday?
4. Who begins to work at decoding the Melqunades manuscript?
5. How many people are massacred?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the secret that Aureliano Amador doesn't know about Amaranta Ursula?
2. Who is Aureliano Segundo trying to placate in his life?
3. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her child?
4. Who is helping to pay for the essentials (e.g., food) for Fernanda?
5. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
6. What devastation does the five-year-long event cause?
7. What does the banana company do when people begin to complain of unfair working conditions?
8. When the child is missing from his crib, what has happened to the child?
9. What are some of the signs that Macondo is becoming more modern?
10. Why does Santa Sofia de la Piedad just walk away one day?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)