|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the banana factory do to lure workers for the massacre?
(a) Tells them they will hold their pay
(b) Tells them they have a gift for them.
(c) Tells them to gather for an important address
(d) Tells them that they need to come for additional work
2. What does Amaranta see a vision of?
(a) Ursula's death
(b) Meme's death
(c) Her own death
(d) Jose Arcadio's death
3. Who wants his throat slashed when he dies?
(a) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(b) Aureliano Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio
4. What do Aureliano Segundo and Petra Cotes do to make money?
(a) Sell turnips
(b) Sell their bodies
(c) Sell their home
(d) Raffle animals
5. Since Fernanda del Carpio isn't always open to the sexual advances of Aureliano Segundo, where does he go?
(a) To Petra Cotes
(b) To Remedios
(c) To Pilar
(d) To Ursula
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the manuscript written in?
2. Who wants to see better working conditions at the banana factory?
3. What describes Fernanda del Carpio's family?
4. After many days of consumption, who seems to be dying, yet recovers completely?
5. What do Meme's skills allows her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
2. What are some of the odd behaviors of Remedios the Beauty?
3. Why does Meme play the clavichord?
4. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her child?
5. Who is the stranger who arrives at the door?
6. When does Amaranta believe she will die?
7. Who is Aureliano Segundo trying to placate in his life?
8. When Amaranta Ursula returns to Macondo, who does she bring with her?
9. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
10. Why does Santa Sofia de la Piedad just walk away one day?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)