|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aureliano see at a strange brothel?
(a) Pilar Ternera
(d) A ghost
2. Who becomes smitten with Amaranta Ursula?
(d) Jose Arcadio
3. Who is buried in the courtyard of a brothel?
(a) Amaranta Ursula
(d) Pilar Ternera
4. What is NOT a result of the event in #151?
(b) Dust storms
5. Why does Amaranta Ursula not realize her heritage?
(a) The parchment says otherwise.
(b) A dream tells her that she is not related to her lover.
(c) Her lover tells her the history of the Buendia family.
(d) A priest tells her she was named after a street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the traveler that prowls around Macondo, investigating insects and bananas?
2. Who dies, and is left dressed as a queen in repose?
3. What does Aureliano Segundo do in his house?
4. What happens to Remedios the Beauty when she is out doing the laundry?
5. Who does Meme meet and begin to have an affair with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
2. Who is the woman that Aureliano Segundo finally chooses?
3. What continues to occur for five long years in Macondo?
4. What are some of the odd behaviors of Remedios the Beauty?
5. When the child is missing from his crib, what has happened to the child?
6. Who is Aureliano Segundo trying to placate in his life?
7. What devastation does the five-year-long event cause?
8. Who is helping to pay for the essentials (e.g., food) for Fernanda?
9. What are some of the signs that Macondo is becoming more modern?
10. What does Meme do after her lover Mauricio Babilonia is shot and killed?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)