|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is buried in the courtyard of a brothel?
(a) Amaranta Ursula
(b) Pilar Ternera
2. What do Meme's skills allows her to do?
(a) Meet and talk with American girls
(b) Court men
(c) Have more money
(d) Become famous
3. What does the builder of the answer in #129 do to Jose Arcadio's grave?
(a) Burns it
(b) Spits on it
(c) Erects a fortress of concrete
(d) Moves it
4. What do Aureliano Segundo and Petra Cotes do to make money?
(a) Sell turnips
(b) Sell their home
(c) Raffle animals
(d) Sell their bodies
5. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her boy?
(a) He dies in birth.
(b) He has a pig's tail.
(c) He is born healthy.
(d) He is an iguana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the person in #154 a long monologue of grief?
2. Who is juggling two women?
3. Why does Amaranta Ursula not realize her heritage?
4. What is the manuscript written in?
5. What describes Fernanda del Carpio's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the signs that Macondo is becoming more modern?
2. When Amaranta Ursula returns to Macondo, who does she bring with her?
3. When the child is missing from his crib, what has happened to the child?
4. Why does Meme play the clavichord?
5. What is the secret that Aureliano Amador doesn't know about Amaranta Ursula?
6. What does Aureliano Segundo do because Fernanda is impossible to live with?
7. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
8. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her child?
9. What does the banana company do when people begin to complain of unfair working conditions?
10. Who is the stranger who arrives at the door?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)