|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies, leaving Pilar the last of the second generation of the family?
(a) Jose Arcadio
2. When does this event that Amaranta envisions in #143 happen?
(a) When she is walking toward the banana factory
(b) When she is finishing her funeral shroud
(c) When she is out late at night
(d) When she is crossing the street
3. What gets in the way of Amaranta's restoration of the house?
(a) Lack of money
(c) Red ants
4. Who becomes smitten with Amaranta Ursula?
(d) Jose Arcadio
5. Who gives the person in #154 a long monologue of grief?
(a) Aureliano Segundo
(c) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Fernanda del Carpio
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides never to speak again as a result of her loss?
2. The eldest daughter of Fernanda Del Carpio takes up the __________?
3. What has been happening in the town for nearly five years?
4. Who stumbles upon a vast number of gold coins that were hidden?
5. What describes Fernanda del Carpio's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her child?
2. What continues to occur for five long years in Macondo?
3. What does the banana company do when people begin to complain of unfair working conditions?
4. Who is the woman that Aureliano Segundo finally chooses?
5. What does Aureliano Segundo do because Fernanda is impossible to live with?
6. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
7. What is the secret that Aureliano Amador doesn't know about Amaranta Ursula?
8. When the child is missing from his crib, what has happened to the child?
9. Who is helping to pay for the essentials (e.g., food) for Fernanda?
10. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)