|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the banana factory do to lure workers for the massacre?
(a) Tells them to gather for an important address
(b) Tells them they will hold their pay
(c) Tells them that they need to come for additional work
(d) Tells them they have a gift for them.
2. What is NOT a result of the event in #151?
(b) Dust storms
3. Who dies, leaving Pilar the last of the second generation of the family?
(d) Jose Arcadio
4. What happens to Meme's lover as mentioned in #141?
(a) He proposes marriage
(b) He buys her a large ring
(c) He runs away
(d) He is shot
5. Why does Amaranta Ursula not realize her heritage?
(a) A dream tells her that she is not related to her lover.
(b) A priest tells her she was named after a street.
(c) The parchment says otherwise.
(d) Her lover tells her the history of the Buendia family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is locked in the laboratory?
2. Who wants his throat slashed when he dies?
3. Which woman assumes she would be royalty?
4. Who decides never to speak again as a result of her loss?
5. Who likes to bathe a lot and walk around nude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
2. Who is Aureliano Segundo trying to placate in his life?
3. What is the secret that Aureliano Amador doesn't know about Amaranta Ursula?
4. What does the banana company do when people begin to complain of unfair working conditions?
5. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her child?
6. What devastation does the five-year-long event cause?
7. What does Meme do after her lover Mauricio Babilonia is shot and killed?
8. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
9. When Amaranta Ursula returns to Macondo, who does she bring with her?
10. What are some of the odd behaviors of Remedios the Beauty?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)