|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Aureliano and Amaranta Ursula?
(a) Aureliano convinces her to leave with him.
(b) He takes her body in the room beside a room where Gaston is reading.
(c) Amaranta professes her love for him.
2. Who gives the person in #154 a long monologue of grief?
(b) Fernanda del Carpio
(c) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Aureliano Segundo
3. What describes Fernanda del Carpio's family?
4. What happens to the boy that appeared to be missing?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He was taken by the midwife.
(c) He was kidnapped.
(d) He was taken away by red ants and eaten.
5. Who does Aureliano see at a strange brothel?
(c) A ghost
(d) Pilar Ternera
Short Answer Questions
1. When does this event that Amaranta envisions in #143 happen?
2. What is the manuscript written in?
3. Who decides to move out and be with his lover?
4. Who dies during this chapter?
5. What happens to Jose Arcadio Segundo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the signs that Macondo is becoming more modern?
2. What does Meme do after her lover Mauricio Babilonia is shot and killed?
3. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
4. Who is the stranger who arrives at the door?
5. What does the banana company do when people begin to complain of unfair working conditions?
6. What are some of the odd behaviors of Remedios the Beauty?
7. Who is the woman that Aureliano Segundo finally chooses?
8. What continues to occur for five long years in Macondo?
9. Who is helping to pay for the essentials (e.g., food) for Fernanda?
10. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)