|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What describes Fernanda del Carpio's family?
2. What does Gaston do when he realizes that Amaranta Ursula will never tire of Macondo?
(a) He kills her.
(b) He burns down their house.
(c) He leaves her.
(d) He finds a lover.
3. What is Fernanda del Carpio's daughter's name?
4. What happens to Jose Arcadio Segundo?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is shot and loaded onto a train with dead bodies.
(d) He is banished.
5. What does Amaranta see a vision of?
(a) Her own death
(b) Ursula's death
(c) Meme's death
(d) Jose Arcadio's death
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aureliano meet outside of the home?
2. Who dies during this chapter?
3. Who leaves home for papal training in Rome?
4. What gets in the way of Amaranta's restoration of the house?
5. Who does Amaranta Ursula return to the house with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What continues to occur for five long years in Macondo?
2. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
3. What does Aureliano Segundo do because Fernanda is impossible to live with?
4. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
5. What is the secret that Aureliano Amador doesn't know about Amaranta Ursula?
6. What are some of the odd behaviors of Remedios the Beauty?
7. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her child?
8. When the child is missing from his crib, what has happened to the child?
9. When Amaranta Ursula returns to Macondo, who does she bring with her?
10. Who is Aureliano Segundo trying to placate in his life?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)