|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stumbles upon a vast number of gold coins that were hidden?
(a) Santa Sofia de la Piedad
(b) Jose Arcadio
(d) Aureliano Arcadio
2. What do Meme's skills allows her to do?
(a) Have more money
(b) Become famous
(c) Meet and talk with American girls
(d) Court men
3. Who leaves home for papal training in Rome?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Aureliano Buendia
(c) Jose Buendia
(d) Aureliano Jose
4. What is the manuscript written in?
5. Who decides never to speak again as a result of her loss?
(a) Fernanda del Carpio
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is buried in the courtyard of a brothel?
2. Why does Meme continue to play her instrument even though she doesn't enjoy it?
3. How old is Ursula's house at this point of the story?
4. What happens to Jose Arcadio Segundo?
5. Who wants to see better working conditions at the banana factory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
2. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her child?
3. What are some of the signs that Macondo is becoming more modern?
4. What are some of the odd behaviors of Remedios the Beauty?
5. Why does Santa Sofia de la Piedad just walk away one day?
6. What does Meme do after her lover Mauricio Babilonia is shot and killed?
7. Who is Aureliano Segundo trying to placate in his life?
8. When the child is missing from his crib, what has happened to the child?
9. When does Amaranta believe she will die?
10. What devastation does the five-year-long event cause?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)