|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose wealth washes away?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(d) Aureliano Segundo
2. Who dies during this chapter?
(a) Colonel Gerineldo Marquez
(c) Jose Arcadio
(d) Fernanda del Carpio
3. Who decides to move out and be with his lover?
(b) Aureliano Segundo
(c) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Jose Arcadio
4. What has been happening in the town for nearly five years?
(b) Nonstop sun
(c) Torrential rain
5. What does Amaranta see a vision of?
(a) Jose Arcadio's death
(b) Meme's death
(c) Her own death
(d) Ursula's death
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is murdered by several youths who he offended?
2. How old is Ursula's house at this point of the story?
3. Who dies on Good Friday?
4. What happens between Aureliano and Amaranta Ursula?
5. What is the manuscript written in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Meme play the clavichord?
2. When the child is missing from his crib, what has happened to the child?
3. Who is helping to pay for the essentials (e.g., food) for Fernanda?
4. What are some of the signs that Macondo is becoming more modern?
5. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
6. What are some of the odd behaviors of Remedios the Beauty?
7. What does the banana company do when people begin to complain of unfair working conditions?
8. What does Meme do after her lover Mauricio Babilonia is shot and killed?
9. When Amaranta Ursula returns to Macondo, who does she bring with her?
10. What continues to occur for five long years in Macondo?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)