|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to see better working conditions at the banana factory?
(a) Arcadio Segundo
(b) Jose Arcadio Buensia
(c) Aureliano Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio Segundo
2. What has been happening in the town for nearly five years?
(b) Nonstop sun
(c) Torrential rain
3. What is Fernanda del Carpio's daughter's name?
4. Who dies during this chapter?
(b) Jose Arcadio
(c) Colonel Gerineldo Marquez
(d) Fernanda del Carpio
5. Who becomes smitten with Amaranta Ursula?
(a) Jose Arcadio
Short Answer Questions
1. When does this event that Amaranta envisions in #143 happen?
2. Since Fernanda del Carpio isn't always open to the sexual advances of Aureliano Segundo, where does he go?
3. After many days of consumption, who seems to be dying, yet recovers completely?
4. Which woman assumes she would be royalty?
5. Who is murdered by several youths who he offended?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meme do after her lover Mauricio Babilonia is shot and killed?
2. Why does Santa Sofia de la Piedad just walk away one day?
3. What does Aureliano Segundo do because Fernanda is impossible to live with?
4. When the child is missing from his crib, what has happened to the child?
5. Who is Aureliano Segundo trying to placate in his life?
6. Why does Meme play the clavichord?
7. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
8. Who is helping to pay for the essentials (e.g., food) for Fernanda?
9. What continues to occur for five long years in Macondo?
10. What does the banana company do when people begin to complain of unfair working conditions?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)