|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her boy?
(a) He has a pig's tail.
(b) He dies in birth.
(c) He is an iguana.
(d) He is born healthy.
2. What gets in the way of Amaranta's restoration of the house?
(a) Red ants
(c) Lack of money
3. Who gives the person in #154 a long monologue of grief?
(a) Fernanda del Carpio
(c) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Aureliano Segundo
4. Why does Meme continue to play her instrument even though she doesn't enjoy it?
(a) Because she wants to impress a man
(b) Because she is bored
(c) Because she is told to
(d) Because it pleases her mother
5. Why did Fernanda del Carpio accept the marriage proposal from Aureliano Segundo?
(a) Because of his sexual prowess
(b) Because she is lonely
(c) Because of his wealth
(d) Because of his romantic nature
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants his throat slashed when he dies?
2. What is NOT a result of the event in #151?
3. What does Aureliano Segundo do in his house?
4. What does Aureliano Segundo do with his wealth?
5. Who is the traveler that prowls around Macondo, investigating insects and bananas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her child?
2. Who is helping to pay for the essentials (e.g., food) for Fernanda?
3. What does Aureliano Segundo do because Fernanda is impossible to live with?
4. When does Amaranta believe she will die?
5. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
6. Who is the woman that Aureliano Segundo finally chooses?
7. What continues to occur for five long years in Macondo?
8. Who is the stranger who arrives at the door?
9. Why does Meme play the clavichord?
10. What are some of the signs that Macondo is becoming more modern?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)