|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaston do when he realizes that Amaranta Ursula will never tire of Macondo?
(a) He leaves her.
(b) He finds a lover.
(c) He burns down their house.
(d) He kills her.
2. Who does Amaranta Ursula return to the house with?
(a) Gaston, her Belgian husband
(b) Jose Arcadio
3. Who is murdered by several youths who he offended?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Arcadio Segundo
4. What do Aureliano Segundo and Petra Cotes do to make money?
(a) Raffle animals
(b) Sell their bodies
(c) Sell turnips
(d) Sell their home
5. When does this event that Amaranta envisions in #143 happen?
(a) When she is finishing her funeral shroud
(b) When she is crossing the street
(c) When she is out late at night
(d) When she is walking toward the banana factory
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets in the way of Amaranta's restoration of the house?
2. Who is juggling two women?
3. Who becomes smitten with Amaranta Ursula?
4. The eldest daughter of Fernanda Del Carpio takes up the __________?
5. Why does Amaranta Ursula not realize her heritage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the stranger who arrives at the door?
2. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
3. Who is the woman that Aureliano Segundo finally chooses?
4. When Amaranta Ursula returns to Macondo, who does she bring with her?
5. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her child?
6. When does Amaranta believe she will die?
7. Why does Santa Sofia de la Piedad just walk away one day?
8. What does Aureliano Segundo do because Fernanda is impossible to live with?
9. When the child is missing from his crib, what has happened to the child?
10. What is the secret that Aureliano Amador doesn't know about Amaranta Ursula?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)