|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the boy that appeared to be missing?
(a) He was taken by the midwife.
(b) He was taken away by red ants and eaten.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He was kidnapped.
2. Who gives the person in #154 a long monologue of grief?
(a) Aureliano Segundo
(b) Fernanda del Carpio
(d) Jose Arcadio Buendia
3. What happens to Remedios the Beauty when she is out doing the laundry?
(a) She hurts her head.
(b) She ascends into heaven.
(c) She runs from the other women.
(d) She forgets the clothesline clips.
4. What gets in the way of Amaranta's restoration of the house?
(a) Red ants
(d) Lack of money
5. What happens between Aureliano and Amaranta Ursula?
(b) Aureliano convinces her to leave with him.
(c) He takes her body in the room beside a room where Gaston is reading.
(d) Amaranta professes her love for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the traveler in #128 return to build?
2. Who is buried in the courtyard of a brothel?
3. What does the banana factory do to lure workers for the massacre?
4. Who is the stranger that arrives at the door?
5. Since Fernanda del Carpio isn't always open to the sexual advances of Aureliano Segundo, where does he go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Santa Sofia de la Piedad just walk away one day?
2. What does the banana company do when people begin to complain of unfair working conditions?
3. What is the secret that Aureliano Amador doesn't know about Amaranta Ursula?
4. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her child?
5. What are some of the signs that Macondo is becoming more modern?
6. Who is the woman that Aureliano Segundo finally chooses?
7. Who is helping to pay for the essentials (e.g., food) for Fernanda?
8. When does Amaranta believe she will die?
9. When Amaranta Ursula returns to Macondo, who does she bring with her?
10. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)