|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Meme meet and begin to have an affair with?
(a) Mauricio Babilonia
(b) Arcadio Jose
(c) Aureliano Arcadio
(d) Jose Arcadio
2. Who gives the person in #154 a long monologue of grief?
(a) Fernanda del Carpio
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Aureliano Segundo
3. Why did Fernanda del Carpio accept the marriage proposal from Aureliano Segundo?
(a) Because she is lonely
(b) Because of his sexual prowess
(c) Because of his wealth
(d) Because of his romantic nature
4. Who is buried in the courtyard of a brothel?
(a) Pilar Ternera
(c) Amaranta Ursula
5. Why does Meme continue to play her instrument even though she doesn't enjoy it?
(a) Because she is bored
(b) Because she is told to
(c) Because it pleases her mother
(d) Because she wants to impress a man
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps increase the modernization of Macondo?
2. What does the builder of the answer in #129 do to Jose Arcadio's grave?
3. Who dies during this chapter?
4. Who does not like Fernanda del Carpio?
5. Where is Meme take by Fernanda del Carpio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meme do after her lover Mauricio Babilonia is shot and killed?
2. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
3. What devastation does the five-year-long event cause?
4. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
5. Why does Meme play the clavichord?
6. Why does Santa Sofia de la Piedad just walk away one day?
7. Who is the stranger who arrives at the door?
8. Who is the woman that Aureliano Segundo finally chooses?
9. What are some of the odd behaviors of Remedios the Beauty?
10. When Amaranta Ursula returns to Macondo, who does she bring with her?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)