|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is painted on the chest of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
(a) A war symbol
(b) An iodine circle over the exact position of his heart
(c) A peace symbol
(d) His initials
2. Who is a bony and thin adult who never amounts to much?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Aurelian Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio Segundo
3. What does Ursula use to cure Rebeca?
(a) Rhubarb soaked in orange juice
(b) Lemon tea
4. Who courts the twins?
(b) Petra Cotes
5. What do Ursula and Jose Arcadio believe will happen if they have children?
(a) They will not be able to leave the town.
(b) The child will not be smart.
(c) The child will grow a pig's tail or will be an iguana.
(d) They will not be able to feed them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes fixated on Amaranta as a sexual object?
2. Who borrows a fortune from Aureliano Segundo to build a water trade route through the town?
3. Who takes in Santa Sofia de la Piedad?
4. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia return to Macondo to do?
5. What is one of the first thing Ursula buys for her ever expanding home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ursula help to prevent the marriage of Rebeca and Pietro?
2. What happens to the murderer of Aureliano Jose?
3. What is the gypsies' latest wonder that they share with Jose Arcadio Buendia?
4. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula outcasts in their society?
5. How many illegitimate sons does Colonel Aureliano Buendia have and why?
6. Describe what is going to happen to Colonel Buendia in the not too distant past.
7. What has Melqunades left behind after his sudden death?
8. When a messenger arrives from the Liberal Revolutionary Forces, what does Arcadio do?
9. Why doesn't Colonel Aureliano Buendia die when he shoots himself through the chest?
10. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do with his newfound solitude?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)