|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aureliano do when he heads about the conservatives?
(a) Leaves town.
(b) Kills the conservative leader, his father-in-law.
(c) Joins the conservatives.
(d) Starts his own revolution.
2. Why are the townspeople upset with Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula?
(a) They are distant cousins, yet got married.
(b) They are a different race.
(c) They took over a larger piece of land.
(d) They aren't nice people.
3. What happens to Jose Arcadio after he sleeps with the young girl?
(a) He tells his parents.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He kills the girl.
(d) He marries her.
4. Who is the head of the gypsies?
5. Who criticized this decision the most?
(a) Gerineldo Marquez
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the solider who shoots the person in #89?
2. What is happening with Santa Sofia de la Piedad when Arcadio is taken away?
3. Who finally cures the plague?
4. Who begins to squander his wealth?
5. Who needs a ten foot circle drawn around him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Arcadio becomes enthralled with Pilar, but since they are related, when they are supposed to meet, Pilar sends someone else in her place - who?
2. Who are identical twins?
3. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's original profession?
4. How many illegitimate sons does Colonel Aureliano Buendia have and why?
5. How does Amaranta raise her son Aureliano Jose, and why is this inappropriate?
6. Where has Jose Arcadio been? And how can he be described?
7. What other event prevents Rebeca and Pietro's wedding from happening?
8. What happens to Pietro when Amaranta finally rejects his long proposal and courtship?
9. When Colonel Aureliano Buendia leaves Macondo, who takes his place? Describe this leader's leadership style.
10. What happens to the murderer of Aureliano Jose?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)