|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occasionally visits the town?
(c) High winds
2. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do that his intimates tell him not to do?
(a) Dance with a young girl
(b) Drink a cup of water.
(c) Meet with someone in the middle of the night.
(d) Sign a request to give up control.
3. Who is mysteriously murdered?
(b) Aureliano Segundo
(c) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Jose Arcadio
4. Who joins the revolutionary forces as a result of rejection?
(b) Jose Arcadio
(c) Aureliano Buendia
(d) Aureliano Jose
5. Who is Aureliano passionately in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople do to combat this discovery?
2. What is painted on the chest of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
3. Who is the eleven-year-old girl who arrives at the Buendia house?
4. Who does Arcadio transfer land grants to?
5. Who begins to find Jose Arcadio irresistible?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jose Arcadio Segundo.
2. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula outcasts in their society?
3. How do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia learn that Rebeca is related to them?
4. What happens after Aureliano Jose after the rejection of his affections?
5. What other event prevents Rebeca and Pietro's wedding from happening?
6. When Colonel Aureliano Buendia leaves Macondo, who takes his place? Describe this leader's leadership style.
7. Who does Aureliano Buendia marry?
8. What happens when Gerineldo Mbrquez disagrees with the decision of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
9. What happens to prevent the execution of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
10. Why won't Ursula have sex with Jose?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)