|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greatest invention that the gypsies bring to Jose Arcadio Buendia?
2. Who does Jose Arcadio tell of his affair with Pilar Ternera?
(a) His mother Ursula
(b) His father Jose Arcadio Buendia.
(c) His younger brother Aureliano.
(d) No one.
3. What does Macondo's growth NOT bring to the town?
4. Who is now twenty years of age without being able to take care of herself?
(b) Santa Sofia de la Piedad
(d) Remedios the Beauty
5. Who becomes lazy and dissipated and plays the accordion?
(a) Aureliano Segundo
(b) Jose Arcadio
(c) Jose Arcadio Segundo
Short Answer Questions
1. What is painted on the chest of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
2. How does Ursula help to stall Rebeca's wedding?
3. What does Aureliano have to wait for before he can be with the answer of #40?
4. Who is being sentenced to be shot to death?
5. What causes Jose Arcadio Buendia to stop believing in God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia begin to realize?
2. What is the gypsies' latest wonder that they share with Jose Arcadio Buendia?
3. How many illegitimate sons does Colonel Aureliano Buendia have and why?
4. When Jose Arcadio Buendia becomes obsessed with mechanical animals, what do Aureliano and some townspeople do?
5. Who vies for the attention of Pietro Crespi?
6. Describe what is going to happen to Colonel Buendia in the not too distant past.
7. Arcadio becomes enthralled with Pilar, but since they are related, when they are supposed to meet, Pilar sends someone else in her place - who?
8. What happens to prevent the execution of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
9. What happens to Pietro when Amaranta finally rejects his long proposal and courtship?
10. Why won't Ursula have sex with Jose?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)