|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes in Santa Sofia de la Piedad?
(c) Jose Arcadio
2. Who does Rebeca marry?
(a) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(b) Jose Arcadio
3. What causes Jose Arcadio Buendia to stop believing in God?
(a) When he tries unsuccesfully to take a picture of God.
(b) When Ursula has a nervous breakdown.
(c) When they are asked to paint their house blue.
(d) When he prays for something and it doesn't happen.
4. Who seizes Macondo again?
(a) Conservative revolutionaries
(b) Liberal revolutionaries
(c) No one
5. Who is the town's magistrate?
(c) Jose Arcadio
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople do when Jose Arcadio Buendia seems to go mad?
2. How does Ursula help to stall Rebeca's wedding?
3. Who is finally married?
4. Who was facing the firing squad "many years later"?
5. Who does Pietro proclaim his love for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Meme play the clavichord?
2. What horrible thing happens when Colonel Aureliano Buendia takes up a brief residence in Macondo again?
3. Who is helping to pay for the essentials (e.g., food) for Fernanda?
4. The plague of Rebeca spreads across the town - who helps to save the people?
5. What devastation does the five-year-long event cause?
6. Arcadio becomes enthralled with Pilar, but since they are related, when they are supposed to meet, Pilar sends someone else in her place - who?
7. What happens to Pietro when Amaranta finally rejects his long proposal and courtship?
8. Who does Aureliano Buendia marry?
9. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula outcasts in their society?
10. What happens when Gerineldo Mbrquez disagrees with the decision of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)