|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia decide to do with the person in #101?
(a) Makes a public mockery of him.
(b) Banishes him
(c) Forgives him.
(d) Sentences him to death.
2. Who returns home with crude manners and many tattoos?
(c) Jose Arcadio
(d) Jose Arcadio Buendia
3. Who leaves town after this execution in #93 is carried out?
(a) Colonel Jose Arcadio
(b) General Buendia
(c) Colonel Moncada
(d) Colonel Aureliano Buendia
4. How does Ursula help to stall Rebeca's wedding?
(a) By sleeping with the groom.
(b) By saying that the wedding will be in the unbuilt cathedral.
(c) By killing the groom.
(d) By telling everyone that the wedding is cancelled.
5. Who are identical twins?
(a) Aracadio and Aureliano
(b) Aureliano and Jose Arcadio
(c) Aureliano Segundo and Jose Arcadio Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio and Arcadio
Short Answer Questions
1. Who realizes he has no valid cause to fight?
2. Why do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia leave their town?
3. What happens to Jose Arcadio after he sleeps with the young girl?
4. Who goes to a theater and is accosted by soldiers, only to be shot?
5. What does Pietro Crespi set up when he returns to town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Pietro Crespi a master at doing?
2. What are some of the odd behaviors of Remedios the Beauty?
3. When Colonel Aureliano Buendia leaves Macondo, who takes his place? Describe this leader's leadership style.
4. Describe Aureliano Segundo.
5. What happens to Pietro when Amaranta finally rejects his long proposal and courtship?
6. Why does Meme play the clavichord?
7. What does the banana company do when people begin to complain of unfair working conditions?
8. Describe Jose Arcadio Segundo.
9. Who are identical twins?
10. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula outcasts in their society?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)