|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's previous occupation?
(a) He rode bulls.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He was a cockfighter.
(d) He raised cattle.
2. Who leaves town after this execution in #93 is carried out?
(a) Colonel Aureliano Buendia
(b) General Buendia
(c) Colonel Jose Arcadio
(d) Colonel Moncada
3. How does the girl prove she is related to Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula?
(a) She begs them to let her stay with them.
(b) She doesn't.
(c) She carries a bag of her parents' bones.
(d) She tells them a story.
4. What does Ursula think about her husband's fascination with science?
(a) It's fascinating and rewarding.
(b) It's never ending and productive.
(c) It's ridiculous and expensive.
(d) It's something that should be passed along to the children.
5. Who tries to prevent the killing of the answer in #93?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia do when someone insults his marriage?
2. Why do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia leave their town?
3. Who returns home with crude manners and many tattoos?
4. How many illegitimate children of Colonel Aureliano Buendia are introduced to Ursula?
5. Who does Jose Arcadio tell of his affair with Pilar Ternera?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who vies for the attention of Pietro Crespi?
2. What happens after Aureliano Jose after the rejection of his affections?
3. What does Jose Arcadio leave home to do?
4. When Colonel Aureliano Buendia leaves Macondo, who takes his place? Describe this leader's leadership style.
5. Who is the stranger who arrives at the door?
6. Who is Aureliano Segundo trying to placate in his life?
7. Describe Aureliano Segundo.
8. When a messenger arrives from the Liberal Revolutionary Forces, what does Arcadio do?
9. Who is the woman that Aureliano Segundo finally chooses?
10. What are some of the ailments of Rebeca?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)