|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula not consummate their relationship?
(a) They are not attracted to each other.
(b) Jose has an illness.
(c) Ursula does not believe in sexual relations.
(d) They are afraid of birth defects.
2. Who is the Parisian woman who is taken in married by Aureliano Segundo?
(a) Sophie de Rosa
(c) Julienne la Femme
(d) Fernanda del Carpio
3. Who becomes lazy and dissipated and plays the accordion?
(a) Aureliano Segundo
(b) Jose Arcadio
(d) Jose Arcadio Segundo
4. Who is the head of the gypsies?
5. What does Ursula attempt to sell with her girls?
(a) Animal shaped candies
(c) Fruit pies
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Arcadio after town violence erupts?
2. Who can see the future?
3. Where does Aureliano Jose begin to spend his evenings?
4. Who is now twenty years of age without being able to take care of herself?
5. Who was facing the firing squad "many years later"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who vies for the attention of Pietro Crespi?
2. The plague of Rebeca spreads across the town - who helps to save the people?
3. Why won't Ursula have sex with Jose?
4. When Jose Arcadio Buendia becomes obsessed with mechanical animals, what do Aureliano and some townspeople do?
5. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do with his newfound solitude?
6. When Colonel Aureliano Buendia leaves Macondo, who takes his place? Describe this leader's leadership style.
7. What horrible thing happens when Colonel Aureliano Buendia takes up a brief residence in Macondo again?
8. How does Amaranta raise her son Aureliano Jose, and why is this inappropriate?
9. Arcadio becomes enthralled with Pilar, but since they are related, when they are supposed to meet, Pilar sends someone else in her place - who?
10. What is so extraordinary about Jose Arcadio's anatomy, so much so that he gets the attention of many gypsies and even terrifies his own mother?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)