|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the town's magistrate?
(d) Jose Arcadio
2. Who courts the twins?
(b) Petra Cotes
3. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula not consummate their relationship?
(a) They are not attracted to each other.
(b) Ursula does not believe in sexual relations.
(c) They are afraid of birth defects.
(d) Jose has an illness.
4. Who is the new leader of Macondo as a result of #91?
(a) Colonel Aureliano Buendia
(b) Colonel Aureliano Jose
(c) Colonel Jose
(d) Colonel Arcadio
5. What does Aureliano have to wait for before he can be with the answer of #40?
(a) The new year
(b) The full moon
(c) The permission of the parents
(d) The girl's menarche
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aureliano do when he heads about the conservatives?
2. Who steps in to stop the execution in Macondo?
3. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia invent to help with the plague?
4. Who is the head of the gypsies?
5. Who was a humane and considerate ruler of Macondo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula outcasts in their society?
2. What happens when Gerineldo Mbrquez disagrees with the decision of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
3. Describe Melqunades.
4. Who are identical twins?
5. Why won't Ursula have sex with Jose?
6. Describe Aureliano Segundo.
7. What is so extraordinary about Jose Arcadio's anatomy, so much so that he gets the attention of many gypsies and even terrifies his own mother?
8. What horrible thing happens when Colonel Aureliano Buendia takes up a brief residence in Macondo again?
9. When Colonel Aureliano Buendia leaves Macondo, who takes his place? Describe this leader's leadership style.
10. What has Melqunades left behind after his sudden death?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)