|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the answer in #92 kill as a result of a disagreement?
(a) General Aureliano
(b) General Arcadio
(c) General Jose Raquel Moncada
(d) General Jose Arcadio
2. What causes Jose Arcadio Buendia to stop believing in God?
(a) When Ursula has a nervous breakdown.
(b) When he prays for something and it doesn't happen.
(c) When he tries unsuccesfully to take a picture of God.
(d) When they are asked to paint their house blue.
3. What do the townspeople do when Jose Arcadio Buendia seems to go mad?
(a) They make him go to a doctor.
(b) They ask him to leave town.
(c) They burn the toys.
(d) They tie him to a chestnut tree in the courtyard.
4. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia do when someone insults his marriage?
(a) He kills the man who spoke.
(b) He laughs at the man who spoke.
(c) He runs away from the man who spoke.
(d) He threatens the man who spoke.
5. What is painted on the chest of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
(a) A war symbol
(b) His initials
(c) A peace symbol
(d) An iodine circle over the exact position of his heart
Short Answer Questions
1. What eventually prevents Rebeca's wedding indefinitely?
2. Who becomes lazy and dissipated and plays the accordion?
3. Where did Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula originally live?
4. When Pilar won't sleep with Arcadio, who does she send?
5. Who leaves town after this execution in #93 is carried out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Pietro when Amaranta finally rejects his long proposal and courtship?
2. Who are identical twins?
3. Why doesn't Colonel Aureliano Buendia die when he shoots himself through the chest?
4. How do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia learn that Rebeca is related to them?
5. How does the reader know that Colonel Aureliano Buendia has become distant?
6. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do with his newfound solitude?
7. What happens when Gerineldo Mbrquez disagrees with the decision of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
8. Who does Aureliano Buendia marry?
9. Where has Jose Arcadio been? And how can he be described?
10. What other event prevents Rebeca and Pietro's wedding from happening?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)