|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns home with crude manners and many tattoos?
(b) Jose Arcadio
(d) Jose Arcadio Buendia
2. Who is the head of the gypsies?
3. What is NOT one of Rebeca's symptoms?
(a) Eats earth
(b) Eats only paint chips
(c) Heart pains
4. What eventually prevents Rebeca's wedding indefinitely?
(a) Amaranta's death.
(b) The death of Ursula
(c) A proclamation from Father Nicanor.
(d) The death of Remedios
5. Who can see the future?
(b) Colonel Aureliano Buendia
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves town after this execution in #93 is carried out?
2. Who is always engaged in productive work?
3. Who is the first unofficial mayor of Macondo?
4. Who courts the twins?
5. When Moncada's widow doesn't let Colonel Aureliano Buendia in the door, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to prevent the execution of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
2. How many children does Santa Sofia de la Piedad have? And what are their names?
3. Who vies for the attention of Pietro Crespi?
4. What happens to Pietro when Amaranta finally rejects his long proposal and courtship?
5. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia begin to realize?
6. The plague of Rebeca spreads across the town - who helps to save the people?
7. How does the reader know that Colonel Aureliano Buendia has become distant?
8. How does Amaranta raise her son Aureliano Jose, and why is this inappropriate?
9. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's original profession?
10. How do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia learn that Rebeca is related to them?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)