|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Colonel Aureliano Buendia do on the day of the armistice?
(a) Starts a new revolution
(b) Calls on Ursula
(c) Kills himself
(d) Visits the doctor
2. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia like to study?
3. Who does Arcadio have a daughter with?
(d) Santa Sofia de la Piedad
4. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia decide to do with the person in #101?
(a) Sentences him to death.
(b) Makes a public mockery of him.
(c) Banishes him
(d) Forgives him.
5. What happens five months after Arcadio's execution?
(a) Santa Sofia de la Piedad delivers twins.
(b) Santa Sofia de la Piedad leaves town.
(c) Santa Sofia de la Piedad dies.
(d) Santa Sofia de la Piedad remarries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a humane and considerate ruler of Macondo?
2. Who does Rebeca marry?
3. Who finally cures the plague?
4. What do the townspeople do when Jose Arcadio Buendia seems to go mad?
5. Who is mysteriously murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Aureliano Jose after the rejection of his affections?
2. How many illegitimate sons does Colonel Aureliano Buendia have and why?
3. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula outcasts in their society?
4. The plague of Rebeca spreads across the town - who helps to save the people?
5. Where has Jose Arcadio been? And how can he be described?
6. How does Amaranta raise her son Aureliano Jose, and why is this inappropriate?
7. Why doesn't Colonel Aureliano Buendia die when he shoots himself through the chest?
8. How many children does Santa Sofia de la Piedad have? And what are their names?
9. Why won't Ursula have sex with Jose?
10. Describe Jose Arcadio Segundo.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)