|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins the revolutionary forces as a result of rejection?
(a) Aureliano Buendia
(b) Aureliano Jose
(c) Jose Arcadio
2. What happens when Amaranta rejects Pietro?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He destroys the pianola.
(d) He rejects her first.
3. Who is a bony and thin adult who never amounts to much?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Aurelian Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio Segundo
4. What does Arcadio do with a messenger sent by the liberal revolutionary forces?
(a) Locks him in prison
(b) Executes him
(c) Gives him to Remedios.
(d) Gives him a job
5. What is the most wonderful of all the objects of wonder that Melqunades brings to Jose Arcadio Buendia?
(c) Fasle teeth
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Rebeca gives into desire?
2. Who realizes he has no valid cause to fight?
3. Who needs a ten foot circle drawn around him?
4. What does Amaranta decline to do after she accepts the proposal?
5. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia become obsessed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Pietro when Amaranta finally rejects his long proposal and courtship?
2. How does the reader know that Colonel Aureliano Buendia has become distant?
3. How many children does Santa Sofia de la Piedad have? And what are their names?
4. What is so extraordinary about Jose Arcadio's anatomy, so much so that he gets the attention of many gypsies and even terrifies his own mother?
5. How many illegitimate sons does Colonel Aureliano Buendia have and why?
6. What has Melqunades left behind after his sudden death?
7. When Jose Arcadio Buendia becomes obsessed with mechanical animals, what do Aureliano and some townspeople do?
8. Describe Melqunades.
9. What is the gypsies' latest wonder that they share with Jose Arcadio Buendia?
10. What happens to prevent the execution of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)