|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia leave their town?
(a) They are kicked out of the town.
(b) They want to raise children somewhere else.
(c) They are followed by a ghost.
(d) They want a bigger house.
2. Who is the expert musician?
(a) Pietro Crespi
(c) Jose Arcadio
3. When the person in #42 dies, what does the town have to do?
(a) Build a funeral pyre
(b) Find a religious leader
(c) Build their first cemetary
(d) Have a funeral procession
4. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia decide to do with the person in #101?
(a) Forgives him.
(b) Banishes him
(c) Makes a public mockery of him.
(d) Sentences him to death.
5. What does Arcadio do with a messenger sent by the liberal revolutionary forces?
(a) Gives him a job
(b) Executes him
(c) Gives him to Remedios.
(d) Locks him in prison
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to the river and drowns, quite unexpectedly?
2. Who decides to make gold fish?
3. What is/are the names of Jose Arcadio and Ursula's child/children?
4. How many illegitimate children of Colonel Aureliano Buendia are introduced to Ursula?
5. Who is the town's magistrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what is going to happen to Colonel Buendia in the not too distant past.
2. What other event prevents Rebeca and Pietro's wedding from happening?
3. When Colonel Aureliano Buendia leaves Macondo, who takes his place? Describe this leader's leadership style.
4. When a messenger arrives from the Liberal Revolutionary Forces, what does Arcadio do?
5. How many illegitimate sons does Colonel Aureliano Buendia have and why?
6. What is Pietro Crespi a master at doing?
7. Who are identical twins?
8. Describe Melqunades.
9. What happens to the murderer of Aureliano Jose?
10. Where has Jose Arcadio been? And how can he be described?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)