|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually prevents Rebeca's wedding indefinitely?
(a) A proclamation from Father Nicanor.
(b) Amaranta's death.
(c) The death of Remedios
(d) The death of Ursula
2. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do that his intimates tell him not to do?
(a) Sign a request to give up control.
(b) Meet with someone in the middle of the night.
(c) Dance with a young girl
(d) Drink a cup of water.
3. Who is always engaged in productive work?
(c) Aureliano Buendia
(d) Jose Arcadio
4. Where did Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula originally live?
(d) Rio de Janeiro
5. Who is Arcadio's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rebeca marry?
2. Who criticized this decision the most?
3. What has the answer in #42 left behind?
4. When Moncada's widow doesn't let Colonel Aureliano Buendia in the door, what does he do?
5. Who proposes to Amaranta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Pietro when Amaranta finally rejects his long proposal and courtship?
2. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula outcasts in their society?
3. What is Colonel Aureliano Buendia's final request when he is caught and court martialed?
4. Who are identical twins?
5. Where has Jose Arcadio been? And how can he be described?
6. Describe Melqunades.
7. What other event prevents Rebeca and Pietro's wedding from happening?
8. What are some of the ailments of Rebeca?
9. When Jose Arcadio Buendia becomes obsessed with mechanical animals, what do Aureliano and some townspeople do?
10. What happens to prevent the execution of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)