|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia wander across the mountains?
(a) 26 minutes
(b) 26 weeks
(c) 26 months
(d) 26 days
2. Who vies for the love of Pietro?
(a) Rebeca and Amaranta
(b) Rebeca and Ursula
(c) Ursula and Amaranta
(d) Amaranta and Remedios
3. Who can see the future?
(d) Colonel Aureliano Buendia
4. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's previous occupation?
(a) He rode bulls.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He was a cockfighter.
(d) He raised cattle.
5. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia like to study?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left in charge of Macondo when the answer from #61 leaves?
2. What happens when a rich man comes into town?
3. What is/are the names of Jose Arcadio and Ursula's child/children?
4. Who is the eleven-year-old girl who arrives at the Buendia house?
5. What is the final request of the person in #73?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Colonel Aureliano Buendia's final request when he is caught and court martialed?
2. What is Pietro Crespi a master at doing?
3. Arcadio becomes enthralled with Pilar, but since they are related, when they are supposed to meet, Pilar sends someone else in her place - who?
4. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula outcasts in their society?
5. How does Ursula help to prevent the marriage of Rebeca and Pietro?
6. How does Amaranta raise her son Aureliano Jose, and why is this inappropriate?
7. Describe Melqunades.
8. What happens after Aureliano Jose after the rejection of his affections?
9. What does Don Apolinar Moscote, a magistrate from the distant government, require that Ursula do for her home, but she then ignores the ruling?
10. How do Pilar Ternera and Jose Arcadio meet?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)