|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes fixated on Amaranta as a sexual object?
(a) Aureliano Buendia
(b) Aureliano Jose
(c) Jose Arcadio
(d) Jose Arcadio Buendia
2. Where did Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula originally live?
(b) Rio de Janeiro
3. Where is the story located?
4. When the town becomes infected with insomnia, what do they discover?
(a) They cannot hold onto their memories.
(b) They can't stand up straight.
(c) They only want to dance.
(d) They don't feel like eating.
5. Who is the town's magistrate?
(c) Jose Arcadio
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns home with crude manners and many tattoos?
2. How many children does Santa Sofia de la Piedad now have?
3. Who can see the future?
4. Who vies for the love of Pietro?
5. How many illegitimate children of Colonel Aureliano Buendia are introduced to Ursula?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the woman that Aureliano Segundo finally chooses?
2. What happens to the murderer of Aureliano Jose?
3. What has Melqunades left behind after his sudden death?
4. What are some of the odd behaviors of Remedios the Beauty?
5. How does the reader know that Colonel Aureliano Buendia has become distant?
6. How do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia learn that Rebeca is related to them?
7. Describe Melqunades.
8. When Amaranta Ursula returns to Macondo, who does she bring with her?
9. What is Jose Arcadio Segundo doing as he's locked in the laboratory?
10. When a messenger arrives from the Liberal Revolutionary Forces, what does Arcadio do?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)