|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the first thing Ursula buys for her ever expanding home?
(a) A new set of sheets
(b) A rug
(c) A record player
(d) A pianola
2. What did Melqunades seemingly die of?
3. What happens five months after Arcadio's execution?
(a) Santa Sofia de la Piedad dies.
(b) Santa Sofia de la Piedad delivers twins.
(c) Santa Sofia de la Piedad leaves town.
(d) Santa Sofia de la Piedad remarries.
4. Who borrows a fortune from Aureliano Segundo to build a water trade route through the town?
(a) Aureliano Jose
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Jose Arcadio Segundo
5. Who is tampering with Rebeca's impending wedding?
(a) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Jose Arcadio
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mysteriously murdered?
2. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia return to Macondo to do?
3. Who takes in Santa Sofia de la Piedad?
4. Who finally cures the plague?
5. What do the soldiers do when the execution is interrupted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Apolinar Moscote, a magistrate from the distant government, require that Ursula do for her home, but she then ignores the ruling?
2. The plague of Rebeca spreads across the town - who helps to save the people?
3. What other event prevents Rebeca and Pietro's wedding from happening?
4. Describe Jose Arcadio Segundo.
5. What happens to the murderer of Aureliano Jose?
6. How do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia learn that Rebeca is related to them?
7. How many illegitimate sons does Colonel Aureliano Buendia have and why?
8. Why doesn't Colonel Aureliano Buendia die when he shoots himself through the chest?
9. Arcadio becomes enthralled with Pilar, but since they are related, when they are supposed to meet, Pilar sends someone else in her place - who?
10. What happens when Gerineldo Mbrquez disagrees with the decision of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)