|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is left in charge of Macondo when the answer from #61 leaves?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(c) Jose Arcadio Buendia
2. Who realizes he has no valid cause to fight?
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Colonel Aureliano Buendia
3. What causes Jose Arcadio Buendia to stop believing in God?
(a) When they are asked to paint their house blue.
(b) When he prays for something and it doesn't happen.
(c) When Ursula has a nervous breakdown.
(d) When he tries unsuccesfully to take a picture of God.
4. Who is the head of the gypsies?
5. What happens five months after Arcadio's execution?
(a) Santa Sofia de la Piedad leaves town.
(b) Santa Sofia de la Piedad dies.
(c) Santa Sofia de la Piedad remarries.
(d) Santa Sofia de la Piedad delivers twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a witness to a military executions that then scars him for life?
2. What does Ursula think about her husband's fascination with science?
3. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do once he begins to lose his warmth and his vigor, and after he makes a deal to kill another rival leader?
4. Who does Jose Arcadio tell of his affair with Pilar Ternera?
5. Who is always engaged in productive work?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Colonel Aureliano Buendia leaves Macondo, who takes his place? Describe this leader's leadership style.
2. What happens after Aureliano Jose after the rejection of his affections?
3. Why doesn't Colonel Aureliano Buendia die when he shoots himself through the chest?
4. What is the gypsies' latest wonder that they share with Jose Arcadio Buendia?
5. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia begin to realize?
6. How many children does Santa Sofia de la Piedad have? And what are their names?
7. Describe what is going to happen to Colonel Buendia in the not too distant past.
8. Who are identical twins?
9. What horrible thing happens when Colonel Aureliano Buendia takes up a brief residence in Macondo again?
10. Who does Aureliano Buendia marry?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)