|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the story located?
2. Who is the expert musician?
(c) Jose Arcadio
(d) Pietro Crespi
3. What are the names of Santa Sofia de la Piedad's children?
(a) Remedios and Jose Arcadio Segundo
(c) She doesn't have any children.
(d) Remedios, Jose Arcadio Segundo, and Aureliano Segundo
4. Why are the townspeople upset with Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula?
(a) They took over a larger piece of land.
(b) They are a different race.
(c) They are distant cousins, yet got married.
(d) They aren't nice people.
5. Who is the head of the gypsies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is always engaged in productive work?
2. What do the townspeople do when Jose Arcadio Buendia seems to go mad?
3. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do that his intimates tell him not to do?
4. Who leaves Macondo to join the revolution?
5. Who is the first unofficial mayor of Macondo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do with his newfound solitude?
2. What horrible thing happens when Colonel Aureliano Buendia takes up a brief residence in Macondo again?
3. How many illegitimate sons does Colonel Aureliano Buendia have and why?
4. What is the gypsies' latest wonder that they share with Jose Arcadio Buendia?
5. How does Ursula help to prevent the marriage of Rebeca and Pietro?
6. Describe Jose Arcadio Segundo.
7. What happens when Gerineldo Mbrquez disagrees with the decision of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
8. Who vies for the attention of Pietro Crespi?
9. What has Melqunades left behind after his sudden death?
10. When a messenger arrives from the Liberal Revolutionary Forces, what does Arcadio do?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)