|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occasionally visits the town?
(b) High winds
2. Who is the first unofficial mayor of Macondo?
(b) Jose Arcardio Buendia
(d) Jose Arcadio
3. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia decide to do with the person in #101?
(a) Forgives him.
(b) Sentences him to death.
(c) Banishes him
(d) Makes a public mockery of him.
4. Who vies for the love of Pietro?
(a) Rebeca and Ursula
(b) Ursula and Amaranta
(c) Amaranta and Remedios
(d) Rebeca and Amaranta
5. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia become obsessed with?
(b) Mechanical animals
(c) The moon
(d) The ants
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves town after this execution in #93 is carried out?
2. Who was a humane and considerate ruler of Macondo?
3. What is the most wonderful of all the objects of wonder that Melqunades brings to Jose Arcadio Buendia?
4. Who criticized this decision the most?
5. What does Aureliano do when he heads about the conservatives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Melqunades left behind after his sudden death?
2. What is the gypsies' latest wonder that they share with Jose Arcadio Buendia?
3. Describe what is going to happen to Colonel Buendia in the not too distant past.
4. What are some of the ailments of Rebeca?
5. Describe Aureliano Segundo.
6. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's original profession?
7. How many children does Santa Sofia de la Piedad have? And what are their names?
8. When Colonel Aureliano Buendia leaves Macondo, who takes his place? Describe this leader's leadership style.
9. What happens to the murderer of Aureliano Jose?
10. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do with his newfound solitude?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)