|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was facing the firing squad "many years later"?
(a) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(b) Santa Sofia de la Pietra
(c) Jose Acadio
(d) Colonel Aureliano Buendia
2. What is painted on the chest of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
(a) An iodine circle over the exact position of his heart
(b) A peace symbol
(c) A war symbol
(d) His initials
3. Who is the town's magistrate?
(a) Jose Arcadio
4. Who are identical twins?
(a) Aureliano and Jose Arcadio
(b) Aracadio and Aureliano
(c) Jose Arcadio and Arcadio
(d) Aureliano Segundo and Jose Arcadio Segundo
5. Who was a humane and considerate ruler of Macondo?
(a) General Aureliano
(b) General Jose Arcadio
(c) General Arcadio
(d) General Jose Raquel Moncada
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arcadio transfer land grants to?
2. Who is Arcadio's mother?
3. When Moncada's widow doesn't let Colonel Aureliano Buendia in the door, what does he do?
4. What has the answer in #42 left behind?
5. Who is mysteriously murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jose Arcadio Buendia becomes obsessed with mechanical animals, what do Aureliano and some townspeople do?
2. What horrible thing happens when Colonel Aureliano Buendia takes up a brief residence in Macondo again?
3. What happens to the murderer of Aureliano Jose?
4. The plague of Rebeca spreads across the town - who helps to save the people?
5. What does Don Apolinar Moscote, a magistrate from the distant government, require that Ursula do for her home, but she then ignores the ruling?
6. Who vies for the attention of Pietro Crespi?
7. How does the reader know that Colonel Aureliano Buendia has become distant?
8. How does Ursula help to prevent the marriage of Rebeca and Pietro?
9. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's original profession?
10. Describe Melqunades.
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)