|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to work at decoding the Melqunades manuscript?
(b) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio
2. What helps increase the modernization of Macondo?
(a) A railroad
(b) A shopping mall
(c) An airport
(d) A new leader
3. Who is juggling two women?
(a) Aureliano Segundo
(b) Jose Arcadio
(c) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio Buendia
4. What does Aureliano Segundo do with his wealth?
(a) Hide it
(b) Give it to leaders
(c) Donate it to charity
(d) Through extravagant parties
5. Who dies during this chapter?
(a) Colonel Gerineldo Marquez
(c) Jose Arcadio
(d) Fernanda del Carpio
6. Where is Meme take by Fernanda del Carpio?
(a) To a convent
(b) To another lover
(c) To her relative's house
(d) To the sea
7. How old is Ursula's house at this point of the story?
(a) 50 years old, exactly
(b) It's brand new
(c) Less than 100 years old
(d) Over 100 years old
8. Who gives the person in #154 a long monologue of grief?
(a) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Fernanda del Carpio
(d) Aureliano Segundo
9. What is Fernanda del Carpio's daughter's name?
10. Who does Amaranta Ursula return to the house with?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(c) Gaston, her Belgian husband
11. How many people are massacred?
12. What is NOT a result of the event in #151?
(d) Dust storms
13. What gets in the way of Amaranta's restoration of the house?
(b) Lack of money
(c) Red ants
14. What does Gaston do when he realizes that Amaranta Ursula will never tire of Macondo?
(a) He burns down their house.
(b) He kills her.
(c) He finds a lover.
(d) He leaves her.
15. When does this event that Amaranta envisions in #143 happen?
(a) When she is walking toward the banana factory
(b) When she is out late at night
(c) When she is crossing the street
(d) When she is finishing her funeral shroud
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Remedios the Beauty when she is out doing the laundry?
2. Who wants his throat slashed when he dies?
3. What does the traveler in #128 return to build?
4. Since Fernanda del Carpio isn't always open to the sexual advances of Aureliano Segundo, where does he go?
5. What has been happening in the town for nearly five years?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)