|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What describes Fernanda del Carpio's family?
2. What happens between Aureliano and Amaranta Ursula?
(b) Aureliano convinces her to leave with him.
(c) Amaranta professes her love for him.
(d) He takes her body in the room beside a room where Gaston is reading.
3. Whose wealth washes away?
(a) Aureliano Segundo
(b) Jose Arcadio
(c) Jose Arcadio Segundo
4. Who is the traveler that prowls around Macondo, investigating insects and bananas?
(a) Mr. Herbert
(b) Mr. Hill
(c) Mrs. Price
(d) Mr. Smithly
5. What do Meme's skills allows her to do?
(a) Court men
(b) Have more money
(c) Become famous
(d) Meet and talk with American girls
6. Who is murdered by several youths who he offended?
(b) Jose Arcadio
(c) Arcadio Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio Buendia
7. Who does Meme meet and begin to have an affair with?
(a) Arcadio Jose
(b) Aureliano Arcadio
(c) Jose Arcadio
(d) Mauricio Babilonia
8. Why does Meme continue to play her instrument even though she doesn't enjoy it?
(a) Because she wants to impress a man
(b) Because she is bored
(c) Because she is told to
(d) Because it pleases her mother
9. What do Aureliano Segundo and Petra Cotes do to make money?
(a) Sell turnips
(b) Raffle animals
(c) Sell their bodies
(d) Sell their home
10. Who does Aureliano meet outside of the home?
(a) A new lover
(b) A sage
(c) A Catalonian bookseller
(d) A stranger
11. What does the traveler in #128 return to build?
(a) A resort
(b) A gold mine
(c) A banana plantation
(d) A railroad
12. Who likes to bathe a lot and walk around nude?
(a) Fernanda del Carpio
(b) Remedios the Beauty
13. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her boy?
(a) He has a pig's tail.
(b) He dies in birth.
(c) He is born healthy.
(d) He is an iguana.
14. What happens to the boy that appeared to be missing?
(a) He was taken away by red ants and eaten.
(b) He was kidnapped.
(c) He was taken by the midwife.
(d) He ran away.
15. What does Amaranta Ursula do when Gaston writes of his return to the town?
(a) She kills herself.
(b) She tells him not to come back.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She is overjoyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves home for papal training in Rome?
2. Who wants his throat slashed when he dies?
3. What happens to Jose Arcadio Segundo?
4. Who is locked in the laboratory?
5. The eldest daughter of Fernanda Del Carpio takes up the __________?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)