|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amaranta Ursula not realize her heritage?
(a) A priest tells her she was named after a street.
(b) The parchment says otherwise.
(c) A dream tells her that she is not related to her lover.
(d) Her lover tells her the history of the Buendia family.
2. Since Fernanda del Carpio isn't always open to the sexual advances of Aureliano Segundo, where does he go?
(a) To Remedios
(b) To Ursula
(c) To Petra Cotes
(d) To Pilar
3. Why does Meme continue to play her instrument even though she doesn't enjoy it?
(a) Because she wants to impress a man
(b) Because she is bored
(c) Because she is told to
(d) Because it pleases her mother
4. What happens between Aureliano and Amaranta Ursula?
(a) Amaranta professes her love for him.
(b) Aureliano convinces her to leave with him.
(d) He takes her body in the room beside a room where Gaston is reading.
5. When does this event that Amaranta envisions in #143 happen?
(a) When she is crossing the street
(b) When she is walking toward the banana factory
(c) When she is out late at night
(d) When she is finishing her funeral shroud
6. Who is the stranger that arrives at the door?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Aureliano Segundo
(d) Aureliano Amador
7. What does Amaranta Ursula do when Gaston writes of his return to the town?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She tells him not to come back.
(c) She is overjoyed.
(d) She kills herself.
8. Who is locked in the laboratory?
(c) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio Buendia
9. Why did Fernanda del Carpio accept the marriage proposal from Aureliano Segundo?
(a) Because of his sexual prowess
(b) Because of his wealth
(c) Because of his romantic nature
(d) Because she is lonely
10. Who does Meme meet and begin to have an affair with?
(a) Arcadio Jose
(b) Jose Arcadio
(c) Aureliano Arcadio
(d) Mauricio Babilonia
11. Who wants to see better working conditions at the banana factory?
(a) Arcadio Segundo
(b) Aureliano Segundo
(c) Jose Arcadio Buensia
(d) Jose Arcadio Segundo
12. What do Meme's skills allows her to do?
(a) Become famous
(b) Have more money
(c) Court men
(d) Meet and talk with American girls
13. How old is Ursula's house at this point of the story?
(a) 50 years old, exactly
(b) It's brand new
(c) Less than 100 years old
(d) Over 100 years old
14. What helps increase the modernization of Macondo?
(a) A new leader
(b) An airport
(c) A railroad
(d) A shopping mall
15. Which woman assumes she would be royalty?
(a) Fernanda del Carpio
(d) Petra Cotes
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Amaranta Ursula delivers her boy?
2. What happens to Meme's lover as mentioned in #141?
3. Whose wealth washes away?
4. What happens to the boy that appeared to be missing?
5. What describes Fernanda del Carpio's family?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)