|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a result of the event in #151?
(c) Dust storms
2. What does the builder of the answer in #129 do to Jose Arcadio's grave?
(a) Spits on it
(b) Moves it
(c) Burns it
(d) Erects a fortress of concrete
3. Who dies during this chapter?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Colonel Gerineldo Marquez
(d) Fernanda del Carpio
4. How many people are massacred?
5. What happens to Meme's lover as mentioned in #141?
(a) He proposes marriage
(b) He is shot
(c) He runs away
(d) He buys her a large ring
6. Who wants to see better working conditions at the banana factory?
(a) Aureliano Segundo
(b) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(c) Jose Arcadio Buensia
(d) Arcadio Segundo
7. What happens to the boy that appeared to be missing?
(a) He was taken by the midwife.
(b) He was taken away by red ants and eaten.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He was kidnapped.
8. After many days of consumption, who seems to be dying, yet recovers completely?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Aureliano Segundo
(c) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Aureliano Buendia
9. Where is Meme take by Fernanda del Carpio?
(a) To the sea
(b) To another lover
(c) To her relative's house
(d) To a convent
10. Why did Fernanda del Carpio accept the marriage proposal from Aureliano Segundo?
(a) Because of his wealth
(b) Because she is lonely
(c) Because of his sexual prowess
(d) Because of his romantic nature
11. Who does not like Fernanda del Carpio?
(b) Jose Arcadio
(d) Jose Arcadio Buendia
12. What has been happening in the town for nearly five years?
(a) Nonstop sun
(b) Torrential rain
13. Who does Aureliano meet outside of the home?
(a) A stranger
(b) A sage
(c) A new lover
(d) A Catalonian bookseller
14. Who does Aureliano see at a strange brothel?
(c) Pilar Ternera
(d) A ghost
15. Who gives the person in #154 a long monologue of grief?
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Fernanda del Carpio
(d) Aureliano Segundo
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman assumes she would be royalty?
2. Who does Amaranta Ursula return to the house with?
3. Why does Amaranta Ursula not realize her heritage?
4. What helps increase the modernization of Macondo?
5. What is the manuscript written in?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)