|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does this event that Amaranta envisions in #143 happen?
(a) When she is crossing the street
(b) When she is walking toward the banana factory
(c) When she is out late at night
(d) When she is finishing her funeral shroud
2. Since Fernanda del Carpio isn't always open to the sexual advances of Aureliano Segundo, where does he go?
(a) To Remedios
(b) To Pilar
(c) To Petra Cotes
(d) To Ursula
3. What happens to the boy that appeared to be missing?
(a) He was taken by the midwife.
(b) He was kidnapped.
(c) He was taken away by red ants and eaten.
(d) He ran away.
4. Who wants to see better working conditions at the banana factory?
(a) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(b) Aureliano Segundo
(c) Arcadio Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio Buensia
5. What is NOT a result of the event in #151?
(a) Dust storms
6. Who dies on Good Friday?
(a) Aureliano Segundo
(d) Fernanda del Carpio
7. What helps increase the modernization of Macondo?
(a) A railroad
(b) An airport
(c) A new leader
(d) A shopping mall
8. What gets in the way of Amaranta's restoration of the house?
(c) Lack of money
(d) Red ants
9. What does the traveler in #128 return to build?
(a) A resort
(b) A gold mine
(c) A railroad
(d) A banana plantation
10. Who is the traveler that prowls around Macondo, investigating insects and bananas?
(a) Mr. Smithly
(b) Mrs. Price
(c) Mr. Herbert
(d) Mr. Hill
11. What happens to Remedios the Beauty when she is out doing the laundry?
(a) She runs from the other women.
(b) She hurts her head.
(c) She forgets the clothesline clips.
(d) She ascends into heaven.
12. Who is murdered by several youths who he offended?
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Jose Arcadio
(d) Arcadio Segundo
13. What does Aureliano Segundo do with his wealth?
(a) Through extravagant parties
(b) Hide it
(c) Give it to leaders
(d) Donate it to charity
14. Why does Amaranta Ursula not realize her heritage?
(a) The parchment says otherwise.
(b) A dream tells her that she is not related to her lover.
(c) Her lover tells her the history of the Buendia family.
(d) A priest tells her she was named after a street.
15. What happens between Aureliano and Amaranta Ursula?
(a) Amaranta professes her love for him.
(b) He takes her body in the room beside a room where Gaston is reading.
(d) Aureliano convinces her to leave with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to move out and be with his lover?
2. What does Gaston do when he realizes that Amaranta Ursula will never tire of Macondo?
3. After many days of consumption, who seems to be dying, yet recovers completely?
4. How many people are massacred?
5. Why did Fernanda del Carpio accept the marriage proposal from Aureliano Segundo?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)