|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greatest invention that the gypsies bring to Jose Arcadio Buendia?
2. What does Pilar Ternera tell Jose Arcadio?
(a) That he will rule the town.
(b) That he will never be rich.
(c) That he will be a father shortly.
(d) That he will die soon.
3. Who is tampering with Rebeca's impending wedding?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
4. Who leaves town after this execution in #93 is carried out?
(a) Colonel Aureliano Buendia
(b) Colonel Jose Arcadio
(c) Colonel Moncada
(d) General Buendia
5. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia become obsessed with?
(b) The moon
(c) The ants
(d) Mechanical animals
6. Who is the eleven-year-old girl who arrives at the Buendia house?
7. Who is the head of the gypsies?
8. How many children does Santa Sofia de la Piedad now have?
9. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia do when someone insults his marriage?
(a) He runs away from the man who spoke.
(b) He kills the man who spoke.
(c) He laughs at the man who spoke.
(d) He threatens the man who spoke.
10. Who tries to prevent the killing of the answer in #93?
11. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's previous occupation?
(a) He was a farmer.
(b) He rode bulls.
(c) He raised cattle.
(d) He was a cockfighter.
12. What happens when Amaranta rejects Pietro?
(a) He rejects her first.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He destroys the pianola.
(d) He kills himself.
13. What causes Jose Arcadio Buendia to stop believing in God?
(a) When he prays for something and it doesn't happen.
(b) When they are asked to paint their house blue.
(c) When Ursula has a nervous breakdown.
(d) When he tries unsuccesfully to take a picture of God.
14. Who is now twenty years of age without being able to take care of herself?
(b) Santa Sofia de la Piedad
(c) Remedios the Beauty
15. What eventually prevents Rebeca's wedding indefinitely?
(a) A proclamation from Father Nicanor.
(b) The death of Ursula
(c) Amaranta's death.
(d) The death of Remedios
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens five months after Arcadio's execution?
2. Who raises their child in an intimate matter past a decent age?
3. Why do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia leave their town?
4. Who is left in charge of Macondo when the answer from #61 leaves?
5. When the person in #42 dies, what does the town have to do?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)