|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is mysteriously murdered?
(a) Aureliano Segundo
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Jose Arcadio
2. Who tries, though unsuccessfully, to court Amaranta?
(b) Jose Arcadio
(c) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Gerineldo Marquez
3. Who rejects the Buendia name?
4. Who is Amaranta?
(a) She is the long lost cousin of the family.
(b) She is the grandmother.
(c) She is the third child born of Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula.
(d) She is the nurse.
5. What happens five months after Arcadio's execution?
(a) Santa Sofia de la Piedad delivers twins.
(b) Santa Sofia de la Piedad dies.
(c) Santa Sofia de la Piedad remarries.
(d) Santa Sofia de la Piedad leaves town.
6. How many children does Santa Sofia de la Piedad now have?
7. What does Ursula use to cure Rebeca?
(b) Lemon tea
(c) Rhubarb soaked in orange juice
8. Who is the Parisian woman who is taken in married by Aureliano Segundo?
(b) Fernanda del Carpio
(c) Julienne la Femme
(d) Sophie de Rosa
9. Who seizes Macondo again?
(a) Liberal revolutionaries
(c) No one
(d) Conservative revolutionaries
10. Why does Colonel Aureliano Buendia have so many illegitimate children?
(a) He doesn't like to be committed.
(b) He wants to spread his bloodline.
(c) Young women offer themselves to successful military commanders
(d) He was drunk.
11. Why are the townspeople upset with Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula?
(a) They aren't nice people.
(b) They are a different race.
(c) They are distant cousins, yet got married.
(d) They took over a larger piece of land.
12. Who is the first unofficial mayor of Macondo?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Jose Arcardio Buendia
13. Who is a witness to a military executions that then scars him for life?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(c) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(d) Aureliano Segundo
14. What did Melqunades seemingly die of?
15. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia invent to help with the plague?
(a) A tasty meal
(b) A pair of headphones to block out music
(c) A spinning dictionary
(d) A comfy chair
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ursula help to stall Rebeca's wedding?
2. What eventually prevents Rebeca's wedding indefinitely?
3. How many children do Jose Arcadio and Ursula have?
4. What does Ursula attempt to sell with her girls?
5. What do Ursula and Jose Arcadio believe will happen if they have children?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)