|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Santa Sofia de la Piedad now have?
2. Who is the head of the gypsies?
3. Who does the answer in #113 finally choose?
(a) Aureliano Segundo
(b) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(d) Jose Arcadio
4. What does Ursula think about her husband's fascination with science?
(a) It's never ending and productive.
(b) It's something that should be passed along to the children.
(c) It's ridiculous and expensive.
(d) It's fascinating and rewarding.
5. What is the most wonderful of all the objects of wonder that Melqunades brings to Jose Arcadio Buendia?
(b) Fasle teeth
6. What did Melqunades seemingly die of?
7. What is the final request of the person in #73?
(a) To have some wine.
(b) To sleep with Remedios.
(c) To eat a steak.
(d) To be shot in Macondo.
8. Who proposes to Amaranta?
(a) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Jose Arcadio
9. What are the names of Santa Sofia de la Piedad's children?
(a) Remedios, Jose Arcadio Segundo, and Aureliano Segundo
(b) Remedios and Jose Arcadio Segundo
(d) She doesn't have any children.
10. Who criticized this decision the most?
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Gerineldo Marquez
11. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia do when someone insults his marriage?
(a) He kills the man who spoke.
(b) He laughs at the man who spoke.
(c) He runs away from the man who spoke.
(d) He threatens the man who spoke.
12. What do Ursula and Jose Arcadio believe will happen if they have children?
(a) They will not be able to leave the town.
(b) The child will grow a pig's tail or will be an iguana.
(c) The child will not be smart.
(d) They will not be able to feed them.
13. Who courts the twins?
(a) Petra Cotes
14. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's previous occupation?
(a) He rode bulls.
(b) He was a farmer.
(c) He raised cattle.
(d) He was a cockfighter.
15. What happens to Colonel Aureliano Buendia do on the day of the armistice?
(a) Starts a new revolution
(b) Calls on Ursula
(c) Visits the doctor
(d) Kills himself
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Jose Arcadio Buendia to stop believing in God?
2. Who is the expert musician?
3. Where did Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula originally live?
4. Who becomes lazy and dissipated and plays the accordion?
5. Who is a bony and thin adult who never amounts to much?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)