|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is finally married?
(a) Aureliano Buendia and Remedios Moscote
(b) Ursula and Aureliano
(c) Pietro and Amaranta
(d) Pietro and Rebeca
2. Who does Arcadio transfer land grants to?
(a) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Jose Arcadio
3. Who vies for the love of Pietro?
(a) Amaranta and Remedios
(b) Rebeca and Ursula
(c) Ursula and Amaranta
(d) Rebeca and Amaranta
4. Who takes in Santa Sofia de la Piedad?
(c) Jose Arcadio
5. What does Ursula use to cure Rebeca?
(a) Lemon tea
(b) Rhubarb soaked in orange juice
6. Who does Pietro proclaim his love for?
7. What does Arcadio do with a messenger sent by the liberal revolutionary forces?
(a) Executes him
(b) Gives him to Remedios.
(c) Locks him in prison
(d) Gives him a job
8. Who needs a ten foot circle drawn around him?
(a) Colonel Aureliano Buendia
(b) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Colonel Moncada
9. What has the answer in #42 left behind?
(b) A bag of bones
(c) A child
(d) A giant stack of manuscript pages
10. What do the townspeople do when Jose Arcadio Buendia seems to go mad?
(a) They tie him to a chestnut tree in the courtyard.
(b) They ask him to leave town.
(c) They make him go to a doctor.
(d) They burn the toys.
11. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia decide to do with the person in #101?
(a) Sentences him to death.
(b) Forgives him.
(c) Banishes him
(d) Makes a public mockery of him.
12. Why are the townspeople upset with Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula?
(a) They are a different race.
(b) They are distant cousins, yet got married.
(c) They aren't nice people.
(d) They took over a larger piece of land.
13. Who becomes lazy and dissipated and plays the accordion?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Aureliano Segundo
(c) Jose Arcadio Segundo
14. What is the final request of the person in #73?
(a) To eat a steak.
(b) To sleep with Remedios.
(c) To have some wine.
(d) To be shot in Macondo.
15. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's previous occupation?
(a) He rode bulls.
(b) He raised cattle.
(c) He was a farmer.
(d) He was a cockfighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Parisian woman who is taken in married by Aureliano Segundo?
2. What is painted on the chest of Colonel Aureliano Buendia?
3. Who are identical twins?
4. What causes Jose Arcadio Buendia to stop believing in God?
5. What do Ursula and Jose Arcadio believe will happen if they have children?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)