|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Amaranta?
(a) She is the nurse.
(b) She is the grandmother.
(c) She is the long lost cousin of the family.
(d) She is the third child born of Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula.
2. What is NOT one of Rebeca's symptoms?
(a) Heart pains
(b) Eats only paint chips
(d) Eats earth
3. What is/are the names of Jose Arcadio and Ursula's child/children?
(a) They did not have any children.
(b) Jose Arcadio
(c) Jose Arcadio and Aureliano
(d) Jose Arcadio, Aureliano, and Pietro
4. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do that his intimates tell him not to do?
(a) Meet with someone in the middle of the night.
(b) Dance with a young girl
(c) Drink a cup of water.
(d) Sign a request to give up control.
5. What causes Jose Arcadio Buendia to stop believing in God?
(a) When Ursula has a nervous breakdown.
(b) When he tries unsuccesfully to take a picture of God.
(c) When they are asked to paint their house blue.
(d) When he prays for something and it doesn't happen.
6. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia become obsessed with?
(a) Mechanical animals
(c) The ants
(d) The moon
7. Who decides to make gold fish?
(a) Jose Segundo
(b) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(c) Colonel Aureliano Buendia
(d) Aureliano Segundo
8. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia do when someone insults his marriage?
(a) He runs away from the man who spoke.
(b) He threatens the man who spoke.
(c) He laughs at the man who spoke.
(d) He kills the man who spoke.
9. What did Melqunades seemingly die of?
10. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia decide to do with the person in #101?
(a) Banishes him
(b) Sentences him to death.
(c) Makes a public mockery of him.
(d) Forgives him.
11. Who is left in charge of Macondo when the answer from #61 leaves?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(d) Jose Arcadio Buendia
12. What do the soldiers do when the execution is interrupted?
(a) Shoot Jose Arcadio
(b) Miss their target
(c) Run away
(d) Decide to join the liberal side
13. What does Pietro Crespi set up when he returns to town?
(a) A music shop
(b) A bank
(c) A market
(d) A church
14. Who is the eleven-year-old girl who arrives at the Buendia house?
15. How many children does Santa Sofia de la Piedad now have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes in Santa Sofia de la Piedad?
2. What does Aureliano have to wait for before he can be with the answer of #40?
3. Who is now twenty years of age without being able to take care of herself?
4. Where did Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula originally live?
5. What is the final request of the person in #73?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)