|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ursula help to stall Rebeca's wedding?
(a) By telling everyone that the wedding is cancelled.
(b) By sleeping with the groom.
(c) By killing the groom.
(d) By saying that the wedding will be in the unbuilt cathedral.
2. Who is the first unofficial mayor of Macondo?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(b) Jose Arcardio Buendia
3. What does Jose Arcadio Buendia become obsessed with?
(a) The moon
(b) Mechanical animals
(c) The ants
4. What does Amaranta decline to do after she accepts the proposal?
(a) Tell others.
(b) Be with this groom.
(c) Stay in town
(d) Set a marriage date
5. What happens five months after Arcadio's execution?
(a) Santa Sofia de la Piedad leaves town.
(b) Santa Sofia de la Piedad remarries.
(c) Santa Sofia de la Piedad delivers twins.
(d) Santa Sofia de la Piedad dies.
6. What do Ursula and Jose Arcadio believe will happen if they have children?
(a) The child will grow a pig's tail or will be an iguana.
(b) They will not be able to leave the town.
(c) The child will not be smart.
(d) They will not be able to feed them.
7. What is NOT one of Rebeca's symptoms?
(a) Eats earth
(b) Heart pains
(c) Eats only paint chips
8. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula not consummate their relationship?
(a) They are afraid of birth defects.
(b) Jose has an illness.
(c) They are not attracted to each other.
(d) Ursula does not believe in sexual relations.
9. When Pilar won't sleep with Arcadio, who does she send?
(a) Santa Sofia de la Piedad
10. What do the townspeople do when Jose Arcadio Buendia seems to go mad?
(a) They burn the toys.
(b) They make him go to a doctor.
(c) They ask him to leave town.
(d) They tie him to a chestnut tree in the courtyard.
11. Who is Aureliano passionately in love with?
12. When Moncada's widow doesn't let Colonel Aureliano Buendia in the door, what does he do?
(a) He kills her.
(b) He yells at her dog.
(c) He burns down her house.
(d) He leaves town.
13. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's previous occupation?
(a) He was a cockfighter.
(b) He rode bulls.
(c) He was a farmer.
(d) He raised cattle.
14. Who seizes Macondo again?
(a) Conservative revolutionaries
(c) No one
(d) Liberal revolutionaries
15. Who goes to a theater and is accosted by soldiers, only to be shot?
(a) Jose Arcadio
(c) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(d) Aureliano Jose
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the town's magistrate?
2. Why are the townspeople upset with Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula?
3. What does Ursula attempt to sell with her girls?
4. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia return to Macondo to do?
5. What does Pietro Crespi set up when he returns to town?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)