|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do Jose Arcadio and Ursula have?
2. What do Ursula and Jose Arcadio believe will happen if they have children?
(a) They will not be able to feed them.
(b) The child will not be smart.
(c) The child will grow a pig's tail or will be an iguana.
(d) They will not be able to leave the town.
3. How does the girl prove she is related to Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula?
(a) She begs them to let her stay with them.
(b) She carries a bag of her parents' bones.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) She tells them a story.
4. Who courts the twins?
(b) Petra Cotes
5. What eventually prevents Rebeca's wedding indefinitely?
(a) Amaranta's death.
(b) A proclamation from Father Nicanor.
(c) The death of Remedios
(d) The death of Ursula
6. Why are the townspeople upset with Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula?
(a) They are distant cousins, yet got married.
(b) They are a different race.
(c) They took over a larger piece of land.
(d) They aren't nice people.
7. Who is Arcadio's mother?
8. How many illegitimate children of Colonel Aureliano Buendia are introduced to Ursula?
9. What does Colonel Aureliano Buendia do once he begins to lose his warmth and his vigor, and after he makes a deal to kill another rival leader?
(a) He takes a new lover.
(b) He withdraws from command.
(c) He decides to get married.
(d) He burns down his own house.
10. Who was a humane and considerate ruler of Macondo?
(a) General Aureliano
(b) General Arcadio
(c) General Jose Arcadio
(d) General Jose Raquel Moncada
11. What happens to Arcadio after town violence erupts?
(a) He flees the town.
(b) He is captured and executed.
(c) He proves his innocence.
(d) He kills himself.
12. Where is the story located?
13. What is/are the names of Jose Arcadio and Ursula's child/children?
(a) They did not have any children.
(b) Jose Arcadio, Aureliano, and Pietro
(c) Jose Arcadio and Aureliano
(d) Jose Arcadio
14. Who begins to squander his wealth?
(a) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(b) Aureliano Segundo
(c) Jose Arcadio Segundo
(d) Jose Aureliano
15. Who does Arcadio transfer land grants to?
(a) Jose Arcadio Buendia
(c) Jose Arcadio
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pietro proclaim his love for?
2. What has the answer in #42 left behind?
3. Why do Ursula and Jose Arcadio Buendia leave their town?
4. Why does Colonel Aureliano Buendia have so many illegitimate children?
5. What is the most wonderful of all the objects of wonder that Melqunades brings to Jose Arcadio Buendia?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)