Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe what is going to happen to Colonel Buendia in the not too distant past.
He will face a firing squad.
2. Describe Melqunades.
Melqunades is a mysterious gypsy who befriends Jose Arcadio Buendia, who seems to be about Jose's age, but suffers and has suffered from numerous illnesses. He is thought to have succumbed from a fever in Singapore.
3. What is the gypsies' latest wonder that they share with Jose Arcadio Buendia?
They share with him the "invention" of ice.
4. What makes Jose Arcadio Buendia and Ursula outcasts in their society?
They are cousins who married each other.
5. What was Jose Arcadio Buendia's original profession?
He was a renowned cock fighter.
6. Why won't Ursula have sex with Jose?
They are afraid that their inbreeding will lead to a child with a pig's tail or a child that will look like an iguana.
This section contains 1,464 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)