Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* The Buendia family founds the Macondo village.
* The family suffers through 100 years of conflict, resulting in one surviving member after seven generations.
* A band of wandering gypsies frequently passes through the town.
* Jose Arcadio Beundia likes science, while his wife Ursula thinks he should do something productive.
* The two are actually first cousins who...
This section contains 1,858 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)