• The Buendia family founds the Macondo village.
• The family suffers through 100 years of conflict, resulting in one surviving member after seven generations.
• A band of wandering gypsies frequently passes through the town.
• Jose Arcadio Beundia likes science, while his wife Ursula thinks he should do something productive.
• The two are actually first cousins who married and had two children.
• The gypsies return, but the leader Melqunades has died.
• The gypsies introduce ice to Jose.
• Time moves back to when Jose Arcadio Beundia and Ursula met.
• Jose is renowned cock fighter and Ursula is well respected.
• The town is flabbergasted when they marry.
• Jose kills a man who upsets the honor of his own marriage.
• Their son grows into a man and is tempted into bed with Pilar, a helper at the home.
• Amaranta is born, the third child of Jose and Ursula
• Pilar announces she is...
This section contains 1,858 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)