* The Buendia family founds the Macondo village.
* The family suffers through 100 years of conflict, resulting in one surviving member after seven generations.
* A band of wandering gypsies frequently passes through the town.
* Jose Arcadio Beundia likes science, while his wife Ursula thinks he should do something productive.
* The two are actually first cousins who married and had two children.
* The gypsies return, but the leader Melqunades has died.
* The gypsies introduce ice to Jose.
* Time moves back to when Jose Arcadio Beundia and Ursula met.
* Jose is renowned cock fighter and Ursula is well respected.
* The town is flabbergasted when they marry.
* Jose kills a man who upsets the honor of his own marriage.
* Their son grows into a man and is tempted into bed with Pilar, a helper at the home.
* Amaranta is born, the third child of Jose and Ursula
* Pilar announces she is...
This section contains 1,611 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)