|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathan offer to Coleman when he purposely runs into him at the symphony's open rehearsal?
(b) To write his book.
2. Where does Coleman sit when he overhears a racy conversation between some men?
(a) A bar.
(b) A bench.
(c) A restaurant table.
(d) In the library.
3. Lisa also heard that Coleman's requests caused Faunia to _____________.
(a) Leave the school.
(b) Attempt suicide.
(c) Have a nervous breakdown.
(d) Kill her children.
4. What does Delphine tell the Campus Police about her ransacked office?
(a) That it was all her fault.
(b) That kids did it.
(c) That Coleman broke in.
(d) That Faunia did it.
5. Nathan sees ___________ and Coleman one Saturday in August while attending the symphony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delphine accuse Coleman of sending in her name, even though she says she did not write it?
2. What is not listed in Faunia's records when they are obtained for future investigation?
3. The ____________ do not like Delphine and so they do not include her in their circle.
4. Delphine once had a relationship with a _________ man, but that went wrong so she does not want that again.
5. The girl who was a __________ had been in the reading recovery program twice the time she should have been.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lisa think about Coleman's obvious attraction to Faunia?
2. How does Nathan encounter Coleman and Faunia at the open rehearsal of the Boston Symphony?
3. Why did Coleman decide to never tell his children or his wife about his racial heritage?
4. What does Coleman think when he sees the members of the Elderhostel classes walking to the dining hall?
5. How does Les feel when he goes up to the Moving Wall memorial?
6. What happens to stop Coleman from going to Delphine's office to confront her?
7. What does Nathan think about Coleman's absence at first when Coleman stops spending time with him?
8. What does Coleman worry has caused the many troubles between himself and his children?
9. What was the complaint that Coleman refused to listen to from a student, which made Delphine an adversary?
10. What is the rumor that Jeff tells Coleman Lisa has heard, causing the rift in their relationship?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)