|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Delphine decides to write a ________ to appear in the New York Review of Books.
(a) Book review.
(b) Opinion piece.
(c) Personal ad.
(d) Piece about Coleman's issues.
2. Coleman saw Delphine as an intelligent, if over-___________ young woman when he hired her.
3. What does Delphine try to do in order to rectify the mistake she makes on her email?
(a) Write a follow-up email.
(c) Burn down the building.
(d) Break into her co-workers' offices.
4. Coleman watches a group of people who are likely members of the _________ classes and he thinks he should be one of them.
(b) African Studies.
(d) Advanced placement.
5. What does Delphine accuse Coleman of sending in her name, even though she says she did not write it?
(a) A hoax email.
(b) A letter.
(c) A threat.
(d) Her resignation letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what animal does Faunia seem to take a particular interest?
2. Coleman compares the men around Faunia to __________ and thinks the men are thinking about taking advantage of her as well.
3. What does Delphine do with the first letter she writes to Coleman about his relationship with Faunia?
4. What did Delphine try to use on Coleman when she was interviewing for her current job?
5. Coleman says he will end the ___________ if it means saving his relationship with his children.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real reason Faunia gets angry with Coleman for reading to her when they get up the next morning?
2. What does Coleman worry has caused the many troubles between himself and his children?
3. How does Les feel when he goes up to the Moving Wall memorial?
4. Why did Coleman decide to never tell his children or his wife about his racial heritage?
5. What are the three men on the campus of Athena College talking about as Coleman is sitting on a bench?
6. What does Nathan come to realize is the reason why Coleman stayed away from him?
7. What does Coleman encourage Faunia to do that Steena once did with him in the past?
8. What does Les think he has to do in order to be able to feel things again?
9. What does Nathan think about Coleman's absence at first when Coleman stops spending time with him?
10. What does Lisa think about Coleman's obvious attraction to Faunia?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)