|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coleman encourages Faunia to ______________ to the same song that Steena once did.
(a) Make love to him.
(b) Dance for him.
(c) Sing for him.
(d) Kiss him while listening.
2. What is not listed in Faunia's records when they are obtained for future investigation?
(a) Her SAT score.
(b) Her abuse.
(c) Her illiteracy.
(d) Her dead children.
3. Coleman believes his children would not believe all the lies had he just told them the truth about their ___________.
4. Lisa heard that Coleman forced Faunia to _____________, though the rumor was untrue.
(a) Quit her job.
(b) Have an abortion.
(c) Have sex with him.
(d) Marry him.
5. The next morning, Faunia gets mad at Coleman for _______________ her.
(a) Not listening to.
(b) Reading to.
(c) Paying for.
(d) Making breakfast for.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Coleman blame for throwing out all his parent's belongings when he was overseas (at least in the story he tells his children)?
2. Delphine thinks that Coleman is just ________________ Faunia in their relationship.
3. The ____________ do not like Delphine and so they do not include her in their circle.
4. Coleman saw Delphine as an intelligent, if over-___________ young woman when he hired her.
5. What does Delphine try to do in order to rectify the mistake she makes on her email?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nathan encounter Coleman and Faunia at the open rehearsal of the Boston Symphony?
2. What is the real reason Faunia gets angry with Coleman for reading to her when they get up the next morning?
3. What is the rumor that Jeff tells Coleman Lisa has heard, causing the rift in their relationship?
4. What are Delphine's ideas about women and about their sexuality?
5. What was the issue with the girl in Lisa's reading recovery group that made her question her teaching abilities?
6. What was the complaint that Coleman refused to listen to from a student, which made Delphine an adversary?
7. What happens to stop Coleman from going to Delphine's office to confront her?
8. How does Les feel when he goes up to the Moving Wall memorial?
9. What does Faunia end up doing with the ring Coleman gave to her?
10. What does Coleman worry has caused the many troubles between himself and his children?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)