|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Coleman wait before seeing Faunia after the incident with her husband stalking her?
2. Doc Chizner takes Coleman to a fight he is refereeing in ___________ in order to get Coleman to fight for another college.
(c) West Point.
3. Coleman is not moved by his mother's pleas for change, believing _______________.
(a) She is too selfish.
(b) He is doing what is right for him.
(c) Iris would not like his mom.
(d) She is racist.
4. What does Coleman tell Iris of his family and their history?
(a) He says they have disowned him.
(b) He says he is an orphan.
(c) He reveals their racial background.
(d) He says they want him to marry a Jewish girl.
5. What would happen if Coleman decided to do poorly in a few classes?
(a) He would get a new house.
(b) He could go to Harvard.
(c) He would fail out of school.
(d) The other family's son would be valedictorian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of Classics teacher is Delphine Roux, the one who helped Coleman Silk with his investigation?
2. Coleman is convinced that the false accusations against him _________ his wife.
3. Who does Coleman feel he can be himself around when he is dating her?
4. What does Faunia have to do at her home in order to live without paying rent?
5. What is the profession of the man who taught boxing at the Boys Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor who visits Coleman's family when Coleman is in high school want from Coleman and his family?
2. What does Coleman do after his father dies when he is a student at Howard?
3. What happened to cause Coleman Silk to have to seek retirement from his job?
4. What is the problem with Nathan's health which has changed him forever?
5. What makes Iris a strong woman, according to the descriptions in the book?
6. Why does Coleman go to the lawyer the next day after seeing Farley?
7. What did Coleman do on the day he went to the funeral parlor to make arrangements for a funeral?
8. Why did Coleman and Iris marry if they were complete opposites without passion for each other?
9. What happened during the course of the investigation into Coleman Silk's accusations?
10. What does Mr. Silk believe is the most important thing in life, especially for a black man?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)