|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the person asking for Coleman to do poorly in school offer to help his mother?
(a) A new kitchen.
(b) A charge nurse position.
(c) A new car.
(d) A paid off mortgage.
2. What would happen if Coleman decided to do poorly in a few classes?
(a) The other family's son would be valedictorian.
(b) He could go to Harvard.
(c) He would fail out of school.
(d) He would get a new house.
3. Where has Lester Farley already tried to get help after his service in the military?
(b) His family doctor.
(c) A shrink.
4. What does Coleman Silk receive that tells him that others know about his affair with a younger woman?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) An envelope of pictures.
(c) An email.
(d) A letter in the mail.
5. Coleman tells the news that he is going to marry a white women to whom?
(b) His mother.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of Classics teacher is Delphine Roux, the one who helped Coleman Silk with his investigation?
2. Who does Coleman feel he can be himself around when he is dating her?
3. One Saturday, Nathan comes over to find Coleman in his ________ and nothing else.
4. The investigation into Coleman's potential racist remark found him to be ______________.
5. Iris' father never married her mother because he is highly distrustful of ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coleman reveal to Iris his racial background when they are getting married?
2. What does Coleman want to do with his life at first when he is out of the military and back in New York?
3. What does the doctor who visits Coleman's family when Coleman is in high school want from Coleman and his family?
4. What happened on the day that Nathan found Coleman in only his shorts?
5. What is the problem with Nathan's health which has changed him forever?
6. What did the nice letter that Coleman found in his personal belongings say?
7. What does the doctor offer to Coleman's family in return for the favor they request, though the Silks turn the offer down?
8. What is Coleman's religious background and why is this an important detail to note?
9. What does the lawyer tell Coleman in regards to the restraining order against Farley?
10. What did Coleman do on the day he went to the funeral parlor to make arrangements for a funeral?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)