|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delphine try to do in order to rectify the mistake she makes on her email?
(a) Write a follow-up email.
(b) Break into her co-workers' offices.
(d) Burn down the building.
2. Delphine was visited by a __________ student who complained that Coleman had called her a derogatory name.
3. How many visits does it take for Les to be able to sit down a the restaurant and eat a meal without trouble?
(a) He never can.
4. The next morning, Faunia gets mad at Coleman for _______________ her.
(a) Paying for.
(b) Reading to.
(c) Making breakfast for.
(d) Not listening to.
5. There is only one man that Delphine considers to be datable - a professor of ___________ in Boston.
6. Delphine decides to write a ________ to appear in the New York Review of Books.
(a) Book review.
(b) Opinion piece.
(c) Piece about Coleman's issues.
(d) Personal ad.
7. Where does the Vietnam vet take Lester and some others as a part of their therapy?
(a) Moving Wall.
(b) New York Museum.
(c) The Guggenheim.
(d) The symphony.
8. In what animal does Faunia seem to take a particular interest?
9. The ____________ do not like Delphine and so they do not include her in their circle.
10. Faunia decides that she and the animal are now ___________, even though the animal might hurt her.
11. Delphine believes that women should not hide their ___________, but they also should not flaunt it.
12. But Faunia is really mad at Coleman because she ____________ and she is mad at herself.
(a) Spent the night.
(b) Does know how to read.
(c) She has lied to him.
(d) Feels unattractive.
13. Coleman says he will end the ___________ if it means saving his relationship with his children.
14. Delphine thinks that Coleman is just ________________ Faunia in their relationship.
(a) Taking advantage of.
15. Who does Coleman suddenly want to confront when he is thinking about the accusations against him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Delphine try to use on Coleman when she was interviewing for her current job?
2. Coleman believes his children would not believe all the lies had he just told them the truth about their ___________.
3. What did Coleman visit in Norfolk while he was in the military, causing him to be recognized for his heritage?
4. Nathan senses that it is the ____________ in the person Coleman is with that causes their attraction.
5. What does Nathan offer to Coleman when he purposely runs into him at the symphony's open rehearsal?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)