|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose scandal are the three men near Coleman discussing, one that involved an older man and a younger woman?
(a) Morgan Freeman.
(b) Woody Allen.
(c) Hugh Hefner.
(d) Bill Clinton.
2. The girl who was a __________ had been in the reading recovery program twice the time she should have been.
(b) Welfare kid.
(c) Abuse victim.
(d) Autistic student.
3. Delphine was visited by a __________ student who complained that Coleman had called her a derogatory name.
4. Delphine is horrified she will be a laughingstock at the college and back home in __________.
5. Delphine believes that women should not hide their ___________, but they also should not flaunt it.
6. Delphine carries the letter in her purse for months before visiting _______ one afternoon.
(d) New York.
7. What is Faunia thinking about rather than of her tragedies and of her past?
(b) Her stepfather.
(d) Her mother.
8. Coleman watches a group of people who are likely members of the _________ classes and he thinks he should be one of them.
(a) African Studies.
(c) Advanced placement.
9. When Delphine writes the second letter to Coleman, how does she sign it?
(a) With the Dean's name.
(b) With Faunia's name.
(d) With her name.
10. Coleman says he will end the ___________ if it means saving his relationship with his children.
11. Who did Coleman's student complain to, regarding the incident in #96?
12. The girl at the place where Faunia goes is feeding a ___________, but lets Faunia come right in.
13. Who does Coleman blame for throwing out all his parent's belongings when he was overseas (at least in the story he tells his children)?
(a) The police.
(b) The funeral home.
(c) His sister.
14. Where does Faunia go after her fight with Coleman one morning?
(a) Athena College.
(b) To Lester's apartment.
(c) Audubon Society.
(d) New York Zoo.
15. Les realizes he must __________ Coleman in order to make things right with his buddy.
(c) Talk to.
Short Answer Questions
1. The vet helping Lester encourages Les to eat in a ___________ restaurant until he is comfortable with the people.
2. Despite a broken __________ and a tattoo from his experience, Coleman survived.
3. Delphine finds many of the men at her school to be ________ or lazy.
4. Which of Coleman's children never believed the story about his dead parents, even though the other children did?
5. What does Delphine obtain once she begins to hear rumors of Coleman's relationship with Faunia?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)