|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Coleman is __________, one of the first professors on the school's staff to be so.
2. Who is the young woman from the Midwest that Coleman meets when he is in school?
3. What would happen if Coleman decided to do poorly in a few classes?
(a) The other family's son would be valedictorian.
(b) He would get a new house.
(c) He could go to Harvard.
(d) He would fail out of school.
4. Coleman Silk is also the first dean of __________ for the college who has the characteristic as the answer to #8.
(c) Honors Department.
5. Who asked Coleman's family to encourage Coleman to do less well in a few classes?
(a) Nathan Henderson.
(b) A Jewish doctor.
(d) Coleman's aunt.
6. How does Coleman Silk enlist when he signs up for the military branch he does?
(a) As a gay man.
(b) As a white man.
(c) As a black man.
(d) As a mixed race man.
7. What kind of Classics teacher is Delphine Roux, the one who helped Coleman Silk with his investigation?
8. What does Coleman realize when he is trying to write his own story?
(a) He can not be objective.
(b) It is a useless effort.
(c) He can not write well.
(d) It is too unbelievable.
9. What does Coleman want to do with his life once he gets out of the military?
(a) Become a poet.
(b) Go back to boxing.
(c) Get married.
(d) Become a banker.
10. To what college does Mr. Silk want his son, Coleman, to go when he is able to go to college?
11. Who calls up Coleman and forbids him from ever contacting the family again?
(c) His mother.
12. What does Coleman suffer for the first time upon his arrival at Howard College?
(a) Poor grades.
(b) Anxiety attacks.
(d) Open discrimination.
13. How many days does Coleman wait before seeing Faunia after the incident with her husband stalking her?
14. What else did the person asking Coleman to do poorly in school say they would set up for Coleman?
(a) An apartment.
(b) $3000 for college.
(c) A college acceptance letter.
(d) A job.
15. What does Coleman think is helping him to feel younger and stronger, aside from Faunia?
(a) Not being a Dean.
(c) The weed he's been smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Coleman feel he can be himself around when he is dating her?
2. One Saturday, Nathan comes over to find Coleman in his ________ and nothing else.
3. A lawyer tells Coleman that if he seeks out a _____________ for Faunia, then everyone will know of his and Faunia's relationship.
4. What is the favorite piece of literature of Coleman's father, according to the book?
5. Who sent the letter to Coleman that reflected on how good he looked and how mature he seemed?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)