|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Coleman Silk enlist when he signs up for the military branch he does?
(a) As a gay man.
(b) As a black man.
(c) As a mixed race man.
(d) As a white man.
2. What kind of Classics teacher is Delphine Roux, the one who helped Coleman Silk with his investigation?
3. What kind of school did Coleman's father attend which led to his owning his own shop?
4. What does Coleman Silk receive that tells him that others know about his affair with a younger woman?
(a) A letter in the mail.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) An email.
(d) An envelope of pictures.
5. What is the favorite piece of literature of Coleman's father, according to the book?
(b) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) Julius Caesar.
6. Coleman Silk was a professor of _________ and Latin at the college.
7. What did the person asking for Coleman to do poorly in school offer to help his mother?
(a) A charge nurse position.
(b) A new kitchen.
(c) A paid off mortgage.
(d) A new car.
8. What would happen if Coleman decided to do poorly in a few classes?
(a) He would fail out of school.
(b) The other family's son would be valedictorian.
(c) He could go to Harvard.
(d) He would get a new house.
9. What does Iris seem to believe about Coleman's heritage, just as so many others in his life have assumed?
(a) He is black.
(b) He is Jewish.
(c) He is hiding something.
(d) He is a WASP.
10. What does Coleman suffer for the first time upon his arrival at Howard College?
(b) Poor grades.
(c) Anxiety attacks.
(d) Open discrimination.
11. What happened to Nathan that caused him to live a life of celibacy?
(a) He had his prostate removed.
(b) His wife died.
(c) He become a monk.
(d) He realized he was gay.
12. Where has Lester Farley already tried to get help after his service in the military?
(c) A shrink.
(d) His family doctor.
13. What caused Coleman Silk's wife to die during the investigation into the comments he made during a class?
(b) Broken heart.
(c) Heart attack.
14. Coleman is a __________ skinned Jew, according to his own description.
15. Who calls up Coleman and forbids him from ever contacting the family again?
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what college does Mr. Silk want his son, Coleman, to go when he is able to go to college?
2. What does Coleman do when his father dies during the middle of his first semester at college?
3. Coleman is not moved by his mother's pleas for change, believing _______________.
4. Who began molesting Faunia after her mother got remarried?
5. The investigation into Coleman's potential racist remark found him to be ______________.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)