|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of Jew is Iris' father according to the book's description of her family?
2. What did Coleman Silk call the two students who never seemed to be in class when he called roll?
3. What is the profession of the man who taught boxing at the Boys Club?
4. What else did the person asking Coleman to do poorly in school say they would set up for Coleman?
(a) $3000 for college.
(b) A job.
(c) A college acceptance letter.
(d) An apartment.
5. On the day she died, Iris was in perfect health aside from a __________ that would not leave her alone.
(b) Stomach ache.
(d) Chest pain.
6. Who began molesting Faunia after her mother got remarried?
(d) Her stepfather.
7. Doc Chizner tells Coleman not to tell the coach that he is __________ as this might hurt Coleman's chances of the scholarship.
(a) A boxer.
8. What happened to the two children that Faunia left with when they left the abusive husband and father?
(a) They ran away.
(b) They died in a fire.
(c) They were taken by social services.
(d) The father got custody.
9. Coleman Silk is also the first dean of __________ for the college who has the characteristic as the answer to #8.
(a) Honors Department.
10. What does Coleman Silk receive that tells him that others know about his affair with a younger woman?
(a) A letter in the mail.
(b) An envelope of pictures.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) An email.
11. A lawyer tells Coleman that if he seeks out a _____________ for Faunia, then everyone will know of his and Faunia's relationship.
(b) Restraining order.
(c) Marriage dissolution.
12. What does Faunia have to do at her home in order to live without paying rent?
(a) Submit to drug tests.
(b) Milk the cows.
(c) Read one book.
(d) Clean the bathrooms.
13. What does Faunia still have because she does not know what to do with them?
(a) Her children's ashes.
(b) A diary from when she was young.
(c) Her husband's medals.
(d) Her books.
14. Coleman tells the news that he is going to marry a white women to whom?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
15. What caused Coleman Silk's wife to die during the investigation into the comments he made during a class?
(a) Broken heart.
(b) Heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Nathan that caused him to live a life of celibacy?
2. Doc Chizner takes Coleman to a fight he is refereeing in ___________ in order to get Coleman to fight for another college.
3. How old is the woman that Coleman Silk is seeing after his wife's death?
4. What does Coleman suffer for the first time upon his arrival at Howard College?
5. What does Coleman want to do with his life once he gets out of the military?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)