Lesson 1 (from Chapter 1, Everyone Knows)
The affair between Coleman and Faunia seems to set off a chain of events in this story, culminating in tragedy. Today's objective is to talk about the idea of an affair and the possible ramifications it can have for those involved.
1. Have each student define what they think constitutes an affair.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think all affairs are wrong. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students decide whether they think they could ever have an affair during their lives. Why or why not? What do they think of people who have affairs? What do they think about famous people who have had affairs?
4. Homework: Have each student discuss an affair they have known about in their lifetimes. Did this affair change their perception of the people involved?
5. Homework: Have students decide how they would treat a good...
This section contains 5,694 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)