|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of James McCarty?
(a) A construction executive.
(b) A real estate agent.
(c) A plumber.
(d) An auto mechanic.
2. How many of the most common disease categories does the author intend to focus on, according to the Introduction?
3. Horace Giddens is a character in a play written by whom?
(a) Rainer Maria Rilke.
(b) Lillian Hellman.
(c) Phil Whiting.
(d) William Caxton.
4. Of what does Horace Giddens eventually die in the play discussed in Chapter 2?
(a) Cellular aging.
(b) Cardiogenic shock.
5. Dr. Nuland states that in another era, death was determined by the lack of a heartbeat. Today, however, death is equated with what?
(a) Loss of body heat.
(b) Lack of blinking.
(c) Lack of breathing.
(d) Loss of brain function.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third of the three main stages of HIV?
2. What director of the autopsy service of the Yale-New Haven Hospital does Dr. Nuland credit for his assistance in Chapter 4?
3. How many years had Dr. Nuland spent in the medical profession when How We Die: Reflections on Life's Final Chapter was published?
4. What word from Chapter 8 refers to a mark of disgrace or infamy; a stain or reproach, as on one's reputation?
5. What refers to a disease outbreak, which presents over a large area and is actively spreading?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)