|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Nuland relates that cardiac events are what, if discovered soon enough in Chapter 1?
(a) “Technically treatable.”
(b) “Physically treatable.”
(c) “Eminently treatable.”
(d) “Officially treatable.”
2. Incidents of tuberculosis in AIDS patients are said to be how many times greater than non-AIDS related cases?
3. What was the name of the university hospital where Dr. Nuland worked when James McCarty was admitted?
(a) St. Paul's Hospital.
(b) The Shriner's Hospital.
(c) The Yale-New Haven Hospital.
(d) St. Joseph’s Hospital.
4. In what year was Ishmael Garcia diagnosed with HIV?
5. What refers to a thick wall of muscle separating the right side and the left side of the heart?
(a) The neoplasm.
(b) The septum.
(c) The embolus.
(d) The stigma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the study of the history of words, their origins, and how their form and meaning have changed over time?
2. William Osler was one of the "Big Four" founding professors at what institution?
3. What does TIA stand for?
4. What is the number three killer of the elderly, according to the author in Chapter 4?
5. The average virus is what fraction of the size of the average bacterium?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)