|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the four degrees of incoherence discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) Chronic insanity.
(b) Virtual insanity.
(c) Colonic insanity.
(d) Moral insanity.
2. What fifteenth century printer is quoted in the Introduction as having described the art of dying as “the craft for to deye for the helthe of mannessowle”?
(a) Rainer Maria Rilke.
(b) Charles Kingsley.
(c) William Caxton.
(d) James Cowles Prichard.
3. According to the author in Chapter 6, lack of oxygen to any major organ can induce what?
(a) Cellular aging.
4. How many of the most common disease categories does the author intend to focus on, according to the Introduction?
5. Who is quoted with the following statement in Chapter 6: “Man is an obligate aerobe”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term, commonly known as a heart attack, results from the interruption of blood supply to a part of the heart, causing heart cells to die?
2. Harold Bliss was how old when he died?
3. What is the title of Chapter 5?
4. How old was James McCarty when he was admitted to the university hospital where Dr. Nuland worked?
5. What term from Chapter 7 refers to less than full mental capacity in a medical patient?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)