|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Lewis Thomas born?
2. What does the character of Horace Giddens suffer from?
(b) Chronic heart disease.
(d) Alzheimer’s Disease.
3. At the time the book was written, Dr. Nuland claimed that nearly how many Americans would die every day of ischemia?
4. How many of the most common disease categories does the author intend to focus on, according to the Introduction?
5. Incidents of tuberculosis in AIDS patients are said to be how many times greater than non-AIDS related cases?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovered and studied the tobacco mosaic virus in 1892?
2. According to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3, heart muscle and brain cells are unable to do what?
3. What is the title of Chapter 1?
4. What does TIA stand for?
5. The human heart is enclosed in a double-walled protective sac called what?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)