|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Irv Lipsiner when he suffered from complete cardiac heart failure, according to the author in Chapter 1?
(a) A tennis court.
(b) In his home.
(c) A hiking trail.
(d) At his office.
2. What is the number three killer of the elderly, according to the author in Chapter 4?
(a) Cellular aging.
(d) Acute infection.
3. The human heart has a mass between how many grams?
4. Dr. Nuland compares the metabolic changes of aging to what in Chapter 3?
(a) A truck rusting in the field.
(b) The parts-replacement capability in a machine.
(c) A computer becoming obsolete.
(d) A decaying piece of fruit.
5. A person’s heart rate does what annually as they age, according to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3?
(b) Begins to stagger.
(c) Remains stagnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 2 of the book?
2. What does Dr. Nuland discuss that is also called also called coronary artery or coronary heart disease in Chapter 1?
3. What refers to a disease outbreak, which presents over a large area and is actively spreading?
4. The upper chambers of the human heart are referred to by what name?
5. What was the name of Dr. Nuland’s brother?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)