|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Irv Lipsiner is described as an athlete and what in Chapter 1?
2. What fifteenth century printer is quoted in the Introduction as having described the art of dying as “the craft for to deye for the helthe of mannessowle”?
(a) Charles Kingsley.
(b) William Caxton.
(c) Rainer Maria Rilke.
(d) James Cowles Prichard.
3. How old was the woman that the author described having operated on for early-stage breast cancer in the Introduction?
4. From what author does the following quote come that opens the Introduction: “… death hath ten thousand several doors / For men to make their exits”?
(a) Phil Whiting.
(b) John Webster.
(c) Harvey Nuland.
(d) Rainer Maria Rilke.
5. How many years had Dr. Nuland spent in the medical profession when How We Die: Reflections on Life's Final Chapter was published?
(a) Over 20.
(b) Over 30.
(c) Over 50.
(d) Over 40.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the most common disease categories does the author intend to focus on, according to the Introduction?
2. According to the author in the Introduction, “Everyone wants to know the details of dying, though few are willing to” what?
3. According to the author in Chapter 1, James McCarty was the picture of what when he was admitted to the university hospital?
4. How old was James McCarty when he was admitted to the university hospital where Dr. Nuland worked?
5. What was the profession of James McCarty?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)