|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 6, lack of oxygen to any major organ can induce what?
(d) Cellular aging.
2. What word from Chapter 6 refers to the fatal process of blood loss, to a degree sufficient to cause death?
3. How old was Katie Mason when she died?
4. A person’s heart rate does what annually as they age, according to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3?
(b) Remains stagnant.
(c) Begins to stagger.
5. What autobiography did Lewis Thomas publish?
(a) The Youngest Science: Notes of a Medicine Watcher.
(b) Doctors: The Illustrated History of Medical Pioneers.
(c) The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer.
(d) Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Nuland relates that cardiac events are what, if discovered soon enough in Chapter 1?
2. How old was Dr. Nuland’s grandmother when he was born?
3. When was Lewis Thomas born?
4. How many years had Dr. Nuland spent in the medical profession when How We Die: Reflections on Life's Final Chapter was published?
5. What is the title of Chapter 1?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)