|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motto of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services?
(a) “Improving the health, safety, and well-being of America.”
(b) “Looking after America’s Health.”
(c) “Looking after the sick and injured.”
(d) “Liberty, Health, and Freedom.”
2. What refers to an often serious and body-altering physical injury, such as the removal of a limb?
(b) Cardiogenic shock.
3. Who wrote The Water-Babies, A Fairy Tale for a Land Baby?
(a) Dr. Kennith Ring.
(b) James Cowles Prichard.
(c) Charles Kingsley.
(d) William Caxton.
4. When was The Water-Babies, A Fairy Tale for a Land Baby published?
5. At what age did Dr. Nuland’s grandmother emigrate from Europe to the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3, the molecules in a living organism are what?
2. According to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3, heart muscle and brain cells are unable to do what?
3. Under the Fair Labor Standards Act in the United States, children under what age may not be employed?
4. What is the title of Chapter 3 of the book?
5. How did Katie Mason die, according to the author in Chapter 6?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)