|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3, heart muscle and brain cells are unable to do what?
(a) Become infected.
(d) Fight disease.
2. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) “Doors to Death of the Aged.”
(b) "The Malevolence of Cancer."
(c) "Accidents, Suicide, and Euthanasia."
(d) “Lessons Learned.”
3. What refers to neurotransmitters that are produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus in vertebrates during exercise, excitement, pain, consumption of spicy food, love and orgasm?
4. A person’s heart rate does what annually as they age, according to Dr. Nuland in Chapter 3?
(b) Begins to stagger.
(c) Remains stagnant.
5. What word from Chapter 6 refers to the fatal process of blood loss, to a degree sufficient to cause death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Chapter 6 refers to the iron-containing oxygen-transport metalloprotein in the red blood cells of humans?
2. What is the title of Chapter 6?
3. How old was Dr. Nuland’s grandmother when he was born?
4. What word from Chapter 10 refers to the transference of malignant or cancerous cells to other parts of the body by way of the blood or lymphatic vessels or membranous surfaces?
5. Dr. Nuland compares the metabolic changes of aging to what in Chapter 3?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)