|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lily feel about being accepted into the new social circle Carry Fischer introduced her to ?
2. In Carry Fischer's opinion, what will George Dorset do if he finds out his wife is having an affair?
(a) He will kill Bertha.
(b) He will ask Lawrence Selden to represent him in the divorce.
(c) He will marry Lily.
(d) He will kill Bertha's lover.
3. In book 2, chapter 8, what does Lawrence Selden find when he goes to see Lily at her hotel?
(a) Lily attempted suicide.
(b) A large group of friends from Lily's new social circle is visiting her.
(c) Lily is gone.
(d) George Dorset is visiting Lily.
4. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) He thinks it is because she doesn't trust Simon Rosedale.
(b) He thinks she is tired of dealing with the situation.
(c) He thinks it is because she still wants the Dorsets as friends.
(d) He thinks it is because she loves Lawrence Selden.
5. What problem does Lily develop because of her insomnia?
(a) Severe mood swings.
(b) Falling asleep around dangerous machinery at her job.
(c) Memory loss.
(d) Drug addiction.
6. When Lily sits in the park to rest, what is she thinking about her sleep medication?
(a) She is afraid Mrs. Hatch will discover that she stole the prescription.
(b) She is afraid the chemist will discontinue the prescription.
(c) She is concerned about her addiction.
(d) She is worried that it is no longer working.
7. What causes Lily's insomnia?
(a) The women at her job have threatened her life.
(b) She worries about her debt to Gus Trenor.
(c) She is worried about Bertha Dorset.
(d) Her surroundings are noisy.
8. What is Lily's immediate response to the offer Simon Rosedale makes to her in book 2, chapter 11 ?
(a) She asks for time to consider his offer.
(b) She accepts his offer.
(c) She refuses his offer.
(d) She laughs at his offer.
9. Who does Lily see at Carry Fischer's home playing with her daughter one evening?
(a) Simon Rosedale.
(b) Bertha Dorset.
(c) George Dorset.
(d) Lawrence Selden.
10. What does Grace Stepney say is the reason for her aunt's death?
(a) A carriage accident.
(c) Lily's immoral lifestyle.
(d) Being disowned by Grace Stepney's father.
11. In book 2, chapter 9, what is the condition of Lily's surroundings when she begins her new job?
12. On what terms does Lily want to part with Simon Rosedale in book 2, chapter 7?
13. Why does Lily go to Alaska?
(a) Carry Fischer suggests Lily take her place with Carry Fischer's new family.
(b) Carry Fischer suggests that Lily find a new place to start over.
(c) Carry Fischer suggests there will be wealthy bachelors on the trip.
(d) Wealthy distant relatives of Lily live in Alaska.
14. At lunch in Monte Carlo, how does Lawrence Selden feel after his discussion about Lily with Carry Fischer ?
15. When Lily finds Simon Rosedale waiting for her at her room in book 2, chapter 11, what does he offer Lily?
(a) Intevening for her with Bertha Dorset.
(b) A loan to repay Gus Trenor.
(c) A job working for him.
(d) A new place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. In book 1, chapter 15, how does Lily respond to Simon Rosedale's marriage proposal ?
2. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
3. In book 2, chapter 8, what is Lily's social situation when Lily returns to the city after Simon Rosesale refuses to marry her ?
4. What does Lawrence Selden tell Lily about the Dorsets' possible divorce?
5. According to Bertha's lover Ned Silverton, what issue is causing problems between Bertha and Lily?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)