Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily do because she doesn't have a job?
(a) She takes walks.
(b) She visits the friends in her new social circle.
(c) She sits in her shabby room and stares out the window.
(d) She volunteers at a soup kitchen.
2. What happens to Lily because of a scandal involving Mrs. Hatch, her employer?
(a) Lily must leave the city.
(b) Lily asks for help from Lawrence Selden.
(c) Lily is without a job and a place to stay.
(d) Lily must consider taking a job as a cleaning woman in an orphanage.
3. In book 2, chapter 6, why does George Dorset apologize to Lily while at the Gormers ?
(a) Helping to oust her from her social circle.
(b) Wanting to divorce Bertha.
(c) Bertha Dorset's behavior toward her.
(d) Repeatedly asking Lily to marry him.
4. How does Lily respond to what Simon Rosedale suggests she do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) She refuses to consider his idea.
(b) She becomes angry and walks away from Simon Rosedale.
(c) She laughs at the idea.
(d) She agrees that it is a good idea.
5. What does Simon Rosedale tell Lily to do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
(a) Use the letters to blackmail George and Bertha Dorset into clearing her name.
(b) Burn the letters.
(c) Give the letters back to Lawrence Selden.
(d) Give the letters to him for safekeeping.
6. What does Lily tell her aunt the debt is for?
(a) A vacation.
7. What is Lily exposed to as a result of her new position?
(a) Job responsibilites that she cannot perform.
(b) A new social circle.
(c) New opportunities to acquire wealth.
(d) A very low class of acquaintances.
8. What does the exhaustion and the stress of the day cause Lily to do when she tries to sleep the night she visited Nettie Struther?
(a) She renews her prescription for the sleeping medication.
(b) She increases the dosage of the sleeping medication.
(c) She speaks to the chemist about strengthening her sleeping medication.
(d) She steals another prescription for the sleeping medication.
9. How does Lily relate Ned Silverton's situation with Bertha Dorset to her own life?
(a) Lily is excited that she is now free to marry George Dorset.
(b) Lily thinks it is quite romantic and wishes the same from her future husband.
(c) Lily is relieved that Ned Silverton occupies Bertha's time, so Bertha leaves Lily alone.
(d) Lily is afraid she will become poor and need to support herself.
10. Why does Nettie Struther invite Lily to her home after seeing Lily in the park?
(a) Lily looks ill.
(b) Nettie needs help caring for her house and child.
(c) Lily wants to see Nettie's husband.
(d) Nettie wants Lily to see how well she has done.
11. In book 2, chapter 5, why does Carry Fischer apologize to Lily ?
(a) For making Lily take care of the Welly Brys.
(b) For not defending her to Bertha Dorset.
(c) For telling Lawrence Selden about the situation with the Italian prince in Europe.
(d) For having lunch alone with Lawrence Selden in Monte Carlo.
12. When Lily finds Simon Rosedale waiting for her at her room in book 2, chapter 11, what does he offer Lily?
(a) Intevening for her with Bertha Dorset.
(b) A job working for him.
(c) A loan to repay Gus Trenor.
(d) A new place to live.
13. What does Grace Stepney say is the reason for her aunt's death?
(a) A carriage accident.
(b) Being disowned by Grace Stepney's father.
(c) Lily's immoral lifestyle.
14. Why does Lily decide she can't give Bertha Dorset the letters that Bertha and Lawrence Selden wrote to each other?
(a) She doesn't want to betray Bertha Dorset.
(b) Lily can't betray Lawrence Selden.
(c) She is afraid of revenge from Bertha Dorset.
(d) She is afraid the letters will create a relationship between Bertha Dorset and Lawrence Selden.
15. How does Gerty Farish feel about Lily's trip to Alaska?
(a) She encourages Lily to go.
(b) She doesn't voice her opinion.
(c) She disapproves.
(d) She is envious of Lily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily receive when she returns home after leaving Nettie Struther?
2. What does Simon Rosedale think about Lily's reaction to his suggestion of what she should do with the letters she purchased from Lawrence Selden's cleaning woman?
3. In book 2, chapter 8, what does Lawrence Selden find when he goes to see Lily at her hotel?
4. In book 2, chapter 9, what is the condition of Lily's surroundings when she begins her new job?
5. What does Lily say in her telegram to Lawrence Selden?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)